Is this a gun you'd trust your life with? It's a Taurus 380...

Is this a gun you'd trust your life with? It's a Taurus 380. I'm currently getting a job as cash transport and this is what they offer from the company. Should I invest in something better, or would this suffice?

Attached: Taurus_85_2-850029FS_01.jpg (650x454, 50K)

Nice time stamp but no I wouldn't.

theres just no way the *monkeysoup* people can screw up a revolver...right?

Attached: IMG_5652.jpg (567x563, 74K)

Yes and no. Yes, I have enough confidence in the gun and the round and therefore believe they would work together.

No, in your situation, though. We're talking about possibly facing multiple attackers who are also armed. It's a decent enough deep carry piece (rather have it in .38 Spl) but not a good gun for a gunfight.

no

they will give you this peashotter!
why not full auto fun?

Underage b& noguns git out

That's my biggest concern, multiple threats. As unlikely as it is, it still makes me nervous. I've thought about getting a Glock 17.

normally id say no but in this case id say yes.as a security guard your gun is a decoration. it exists to complete the uniform. you will never use it. if you did get in a situation where you had to draw a gun. you are fucked. you could have the worlds best handgun and youd still be fucked.
you are completely expendable, you are not supposed to get into gunfights, if shit goes down you call the real cops and hope they save you.
if you dont like that truth get a new job.
if you never use the gun a taurus is just as good as anything else.
dont waste your paycheck.

>taurus
Supposedly their revolvers are better than their semis, but I'd still upgrade to a Smith J frame or an LCR instead.
Then there's also the lack of rounds, do you think there is a real risk of you having fend off multiple attackers? Are you doing this alone? If both of those are yes, then I would say you would do well to upgrade.
You could go with a Glawk brand Glawk, or look into a Smith M&P, especially a 2.0.

Well i'm in St Louis so who knows what's gonna happen in this shitskin infested city

In that case you probably do want the advantage of an autoloader and a few spare mags. It's possible to shoot and reload a revolver quickly if you get good with speedloaders but its much easier with an autoloader.

This is what you need.

Attached: btr_70.jpg (600x378, 110K)

>professional safety
>a six-shooter

lolwut ?

Is budget a constraint? Will you be carrying outside of work?

I recommend an FAL

Stfu nogunz

Will they let you put an AR behind your seat?

If they expect you to defend THEIR money with YOUR life, I'd be pissed if they're only willing to help you get a 38 revolver.

I mean if it's a free gun, it's a free gun. Could make an OK backup.

Do you work in the US or another country? Is there anything restricting your options for what you can buy and carry? Does your company allow you to carry a Glock 17?

If you're allowed to get a Glock or some other gun I'd do it. An automatic in 9mm with good magazine capacity is good, if you're limited to revolvers a 4" .357 would also be an improvement.

It's no good if you aren't allowed to use it however, so be sure of what is/isn't allowed before spending your money. If your company is issuing Taurus I'm guessing you're not earning much.
Yeah I would definitely upgrade. I also recommend a good retention holster and some Kevlar because I bet they didn't provide you with that either.
Most security companies are really shitty and only issue the cheapest/bare minimum shit they can get away with. Some armed companies also insist on revolvers because they assume all of their armed guards are complete morons with more chromosomes than IQ points so an automatic is too difficult for them to use without shooting themselves or someone else by accident.

>St.Louis
I was going to say that you have no need to be worried, but I changed my mind. Good luck, user.

Attached: tomo nervous.jpg (470x393, 78K)

is it free?
because I'd take one for free.
I don't know what kind of cheap ass fucking company wouldn't shell out for something decent though.

>i'm in St Louis
anything short of 50ae isn't enough.

Are you sure you want to get into a firefight over someone else's money?
This isn't the wild west anymore, assuming you are in the US.

They're probably more likely to shoot you if you draw on them.

Really, by the time you've realized what's going on, it's probably too late to shoot your way out of it.

>brazil
But I concede that the minority poor in the states are no better.
Get an autoloader OP, and practice every chance you get.

You know what, you're right.

We can all leave our guns at home, guys, we'll just die if we try to defend ourselves.

Sorry for being an asshole before, what I meant was I really love sucking fat juicy cock.