What's too heavy for an AR? 9 lbs?

What's too heavy for an AR? 9 lbs?

Attached: img-knorr_02_stock_pots-min-668850.png (1024x1024, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dXihLnAx_tw
youtube.com/watch?v=WTSLXdMGKtQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no such thing as too heavy, noodle arms.
mine's about 8 pounds minus the optic and light.

nigga thats more than what my ar10 weighs with an optic, you can do better

Attached: ar10 weight with scope no mag resize.jpg (734x979, 387K)

No such thing, you just better have a belt feed/drum mags and a tripod mount at a certain point.

Attached: Seamus.jpg (374x767, 62K)

Imho, once it starts going above 4.9 lbs it's too much.

PS I can bench 2pl8

Attached: P1050467.jpg (2296x1724, 370K)

hehehehe he's happy

youtube.com/watch?v=dXihLnAx_tw
youtube.com/watch?v=WTSLXdMGKtQ

I want to build a super-skeletonized ar15 just to see what i can get it down to

Attached: weaponsmart-3306.jpg (4309x2692, 718K)

When it comes with a notched belt so you can fire it while moving it's gotten too heavy.

mine weighs damn near 10lbs, but I added a lot of heavy shit to it.

the record using no skeletonized bullshit is around 3.4 pounds. you could probably get it around half a pound less I'd guess.

One single bee.

That depends on what it's supposed to be for.

For a 3-gun or other action competition AR: the lighter the better. Faster transitions, faster split times. Things like skeletonized parts are good. Because it can be cleaned between stages it doesn't really mater if it lets dirt in. The weight savings are more important.

For a long range target rifle the weight doesn't mater at all. The heavy barrel is good and as it'l be shot from a bench you don't need to lug it around.

For a combat AR you want a combination of light weight, dirt resistance, and accuracy. Things like the skeletonized parts are bad because they let dirt in and can jam up the rifle when the soldier needs it most. But because it needs to be lugged around you want it to be light.

For me, I built a ~5 pound rifle with no skeletonized parts, including red dot. I use it for 2-gun, so it's in the dirt during matches and I want it to be as sealed as possible. But split times are also important.
I used a pencil barrel because I don't do super high round counts (most stages only have about 30-40 rounds max) and I could save weight.
I have a OdinWorks light weight aluminum handguard, another weight saver. Plus aluminum can take more of a beating without cracking when compared to things like carbon fiber. It's free floated because it's not 1969 anymore.
The stock is a BattleLink minimalist because it's super light and has worked really well so far.

Are you sure? That's what mines weighs with nothing extra.

I have a shitty scale that only goes to 7lbs 5oz.
minus the light and optic, it's 7lbs, 8.3oz.

Attached: arweight.jpg (748x852, 202K)

you talking about the Professional Ordnance Carbon-15? I've been wanting one for a while, even though I hear they jam a lot

Attached: 854x480_383327.jpg (854x480, 48K)

>Can bench 2 pies and a soi latte with 8 sugars more like.

Why do you want a gun that will jam?

An ar15 fires a small caliber and was meant to be a lightweight space-age gun. It's always faster to point and shoot a lighter rifle than a heavier one. Having it as heavy as a battle rifle is retarded.

Attached: 1521721362161.png (626x567, 512K)

Ounces are pounds and pounds are pain. 7 pounds is about right.

because it's so light, and it has a certain charm to it being from the awb era