Lightning Link

Anybody have any experience getting these things to work? Do you have to have a special bolt carrier or something or can you just drop it into a basic bitch AR and have it work? Asking for a friend

Attached: medium.jpg (586x454, 30K)

>someonecomelookstthis.jpeg

Yes, citizen, I have created quite a few and distributed them amongst my peers, and we all have a good time! If you create one, do be sure to send along photos, preferably taken via mobile device with a cellular connection!

ATF plz go

Attached: whart is.jpg (700x700, 188K)

Do tell user along with your address and full name.

They are classified as machine guns, and there are some that are registered and transferable. But at that point you might as well just get an actual transferable select fire rifle because it’ll cost the same but not quite as fun.

Most bolt carriers billed as "milspec" are full auto rated anyway because itd be too expensive to make modifications to existing production lines

I'm not ATF pls.
There are legal registered ones

Any specific one you need to make it work or do would any one work with an LL?

Its a bottle opener.

sp1 only

I dont know without knowing the make/model of your (friend's) bcg or rifle if you didnt get an aftermarket bcg. I suggest looking at the manufacturer's website and see if the bcg is listed as milspec or as an m16 bcg. If it is, youre good to go

ll only works with a boltcarrier that hasnt been made in decades. a f/a carrier will not work.

Like said, I think you have to use a Colt SP1 carrier

Wouldn't the lightning link be better? You could drop it into multiple guns, as opposed to having one machine gun you could have multiple.

Attached: 1519057582900.jpg (517x452, 28K)

Well, that’s true. I’d probably buy a registered or a transferable lower if I didn’t mind selling my soul to the ATF. Make a fun gun chambered in .50 Beowulf

That's illegal.
Don't mess with those.

Attached: Super Sexy Liberal Woman.png (300x208, 34K)

Yeah, if I was going to buy a machine gun though I'd get something cooler though, like some WW2 shit or a glock with a fun switch.

Supposedly Anderson BCGs have the correct cut for some weird reason

You're all a bunch of gigantic pussies and you should be ashamed.

Proof?

Attached: LL.jpg (613x632, 111K)

If someone has an SP1 BCG to give me the exact measurement, that would be much appreciated.

Attached: bcg.png (603x150, 155K)

>You're all a bunch of gigantic pussies
They're obviously not dog people.

>there are tons of threads every week distributing information to make high-explosives and booby traps
>the instant NFA firearms are brought up, the ATF memes are spammed instead of addressing a legitimate question

Grow the fuck up, Jow Forums.

My best friend and I share a registered LL on our trust. It's a neat trinket, but only works with SP1 BCGs or those modified to some of the SP1's specs. (You don't need an unshrouded firing pin, just need to cut the rear to properly engage the lighting link)

I think my buddy bought it for 7-8k from an NFA group right before he was stationed in Afghanistan. He got back from the deployment a few weeks ago and picked it up from the NFA dealer nearby.

So far it works pretty good on the host gun it shipped in (an Olympic Arms 9mm AR SBR), but we're waiting to really run it hard until after we get a KNS reinforcement piece.

Puc related.

Attached: p-18210-img_2422.jpg (1281x969, 38K)

> It's the monkey/ladder experiment all over again

No, because lightning links suck dick. They only work with modified carriers or SP1 carriers and they require a ridiculous modified double disconnector FCG if you want them to allow select fire. RDIAS is truly the most superior way to convert things into machineguns, if you want something legal.

Haha he did it, guys! He made a funny "le ATF doggo joke" haha!

They're just as bad as the anti gunners, as far as I'm concerned. These are the same type of people that would turn in all their weapons, without question, if they were banned tomorrow.

Lightning-Links will not fit and work in any current off the rack AR15 you can find, like an M&P15 or whatever.

AR15 Lightning-Links will only fit and work in old Colt SP1 rifles. If you want to make one work in a modern AR15, you need to modify the receiver and swap out the bolt and sear.
This is legal to do, if the Lightning-Link in question is a registered transferable (which there are plenty).

Y'all faggots know there's legal channels to pursue this, right? Including fully transferable pre-1986 Lightning-Links, and post-samples made by Type 07 SOTs.

Lightning-Links can go for as low as like $9000, which is less than half of what transferable M16s start at.

Attached: COLTSP1.jpg (1200x398, 53K)

The bolt-carrier is the easy part, lots of options here, the big deal is that inside of the receiver is different, and a Lightning-Link won't fit.

Right, but each gun would have to have the modified receiver to accept it.

Considering how much cheaper they are, it's a worthwhile tradeoff.

Attached: lightning linking.jpg (600x363, 39K)

You must be mistaken, OP. I don't know what a "lightning link" is, but you've obviously posted a picture of a custom-made bottle opener.

Hide your dogs, RIP

You need a specific lower, a specific FCG, and a full auto BCG and it’s still a finicky piece of shit. You’d be better off with a lower milled for a DIAS and a full auto BCG/FCG

>a specific FCG
It uses the standard FCG, unless you're looking for select-fire operation.

A regular full auto trigger group with a plain ol' auto sear runs better than a DIAS or lightning link.

>A regular full auto trigger group with a plain ol' auto sear runs better than a DIAS
Proof.

Full auto bolt
modified three round burst trigger group if you want to make it more select fireable

Also keep in mind that your gun needs to be of better quality to stand up to the stresses of full auto fire, watch iraqveteran8888's video of the PSA upper if you need further proof and then compare it to other higher quality ar15's.

I've never actually handled a full auto weapon before but I did a moderate amount of research on the topic before.

A DIAS sometimes needs to be shimmed to run properly. Face it, an AR is like a chick - best when you use the third hole.

>>I've never actually handled a full auto weapon before but I did a moderate amount of research on the topic before.

Attached: 1512975453530.jpg (1200x740, 63K)

Attached: 1495757134802.jpg (432x648, 29K)

Yes, sometimes. Usually not. That's more down to how close to spec your lower receiver is and how hastily your RDIAS was made.