Sup bros I'm new to Jow Forums but not new to Jow Forums...

Sup bros I'm new to Jow Forums but not new to Jow Forums, and I was just wondering do you think crossbows/bows & arrows will be making a comeback soon? Here's why:

>Many cities now have triangulation which can track gunshots to within a few hundred meters. Bows & arrows are long-range weapons with no serial numbers that would not be traceable in this manner.
>Guns can fire in a straight line but arrows can arc over a wall. When mass famine and disease sets in during the future dystopia, this will help to cut down the masses of starving infected individuals outside the city walls.
>Bows and arrows are for Chads. Let's admit it, guns are such efficient killing devices that only a pussy would think he's manly by firing one. If you own a composite bow and know how to fire it effectively, your dick will never be dry.

Thoughts Jow Forums?

Attached: Benefits-Of-Compound-Bows.jpg (700x400, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-NKs47N-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP is a fag.

Bows & Crossbow wont be making a comeback anytime soon until firearms are totally banned. even then they still have to compete with air rifles. I think a mag fed lever action compound crossbow would be a neat concept if someone was trying to fill in the role gap.

>Bows & arrows are long-range weapons
What?
Maybe they were considered so three centuries ago, but they're mid-range.
Most bow hunters don't shoot deer past thirty yards, especially in my area.

No, gangbangers aren't going to be using bows when guns are so easy to just get illegally.

Attached: IMG_20180712_233839-01.jpg (1920x1440, 2.4M)

When the decline of this country starts to really pick in a couple decades and the conflict inevitably begins, the sheer amount of existing guns and ammo will pretty much nullify the demand for bows.

This is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: E188C712-7C19-467E-B8AB-BE1DA1C1732A.jpg (900x1200, 296K)

Anti fa is punk rock af.

user you need to get the full pic to show he's not wearing shoes.

>new to Jow Forums not new to Jow Forums
Why not just say you're from /v/ so we can disregard your retarded ass thread immediately?

I dont see anything bad ass or chad into inserting long objects into other people

just cut down the stock, niggers are strong they dont need it for cocking devices.

Attached: 1460600895058.png (520x1232, 533K)

People will make home-made rocket guns with arrowhead tips before they go back to bows.

"Forsoothe, Jantarius, lay that nigga low with thy longbow"

He would genuinely look cool if he wasn't a turboskele.

No he wouldnt

Guns require a complex and organized society to create. And you only get those societies with a state. Hence guns are a statist weapon.

A sustained resistance can only be achieved with homemade/community made bows and arrows.

If you're a pleb that points to vietnam or middle east, then you're ignoring those were state sponsored fighters.
So unless you're expecting supply drops of guns, ammo, and repair kits, then you should start getting into bows and arrows.

After watching Naked and Afraid and seeing those retards take down bores and shit with a crap bow it makes me want to start getting into it.

I also horde the fuck out of ammo though so I can shoot .223 until I get killed in the apocalypse. Loot me if you kill me.

>still refers to a bow as a "bow and arrow"
Go to bed, Junior. Or just get off Jow Forums. Either-or.

>Guns can fire in a straight line

uhhhh

>Guns require a complex and organized society to create.

No, not really.

They only require some knowledge. which is already there.

He's talking about from scratch. A small group or even a single person can quite easily make a bow and arrows from scratch, in a way that you can't with guns and ammo.

I guarantee you that I have more ammo than most insurgents spent during their entire careers in Iraq/Afghanistan. If anything, access to chemicals for bomb making will be the limiting factor in an insurgency, but those are not difficult to find or make.

I'd have a much easier time making guns and ammo than I would making bows and arrows.

Gib poncho liner

>in a way that you can't with guns and ammo.

yes, they can.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-NKs47N-g

...Do you know what 'from scratch' means?

>watches Walking Dead
>OMG bows are cooler than guns! They must be better!

Attached: 1529595114844.jpg (299x168, 12K)

>Not knapping your own flint to make arrowheads

What is the dingus hanging off the end?

That's what he was suggesting, yes.

If those arrows weren't mismatched it would actually look pretty sick

Eh, I've made a pretty solid bow and arrows with a knife a string and wood gathered from a forest in half a day. Don't understand why it's not more common in survival shows.

I can make gunpowder with the raw materials but just finding good sources of those materials is pretty hit or miss, with the raw materials and some scrap piping I could make a boomstick in a few hours, but the limited quality of it and the risk of it exploding in my face makes homemade bows more useful in a pinch. Though, If I had time, machining, quality materials I could make a gun I'm proud of off the top of my head no problem

Tl;Dr
Bows are more useful as resources dwindle, but with enough resources and time even homade guns will always be superior

>knife a string and wood gathered from a forest in half a day
Expedient, but not decent or solid. Green bows don't last long and can't put out a lot of power. Arrows are a whole other matter.

That's why I grabbed 2 likely bows and put one to the side to season, then forgot about it and moved away....

Robbin' Hood

Go buy one yourself ya cunt.

I may not like that.

>Anti fa is angsty edgelord af

ftfy