We criticize the left for made-up politically motivated firearm descriptions like 'assault weapon' and 'high capacity...

We criticize the left for made-up politically motivated firearm descriptions like 'assault weapon' and 'high capacity magazine'. But why do we call the Silencer something that it is not?

>hurr it doesn't actually silence the gun

No, but 'noise suppression' is a retarded term and would never be used if it wasn't for the "hurr Hollywood" crowd. It's a fucking silencer. Call it one.

Attached: maxim silencer.jpg (541x360, 67K)

I think of it like calling facial tissue a Kleenex, or threadlocking compound loctite.

Both silencer and suppressor are acceptable terms. The argument that the silencer does not fulfill it's duty of silencing the report could just as easily be applied to a suppressor that would fail the same test for failing to fully suppress the report. It is all semantics.

Might as well call it a muffler, because that's what it actually is.

>'noise suppression' is a retarded term
it literally suppresses the noise. are you a fucking retard?

It is more like calling facial tissue facial tissue and then having a faggot yell at you:
>hurr durr it's Kleenex

I use "suppressor" and "silencer" interchangeably because it serves as a semantic stumbling block for the gun grabbers. You should too.

Hiram Maxim invented both the automobile muffler and the silencer. He was also an early pioneer in radio, his callsign W1AW is still used by the ARRL. His father Hiram Percy Maxim was also an inventor and was an early experimenter with electricty until Thomas Edison payed him to stop and move to the UK. There he invited the Maxim machine gun. Cool family.

People started calling them "suppressors" and "correcting" others in an attempt to un-demonize them in order to improve our chances of deregulating silencers.

The relevant laws also refer to them as silencers.

>b-but it doesn't make guns silent!
And a peanut isn't a fucking nut but we still call them peanuts.

Attached: 1459136203022.jpg (960x806, 137K)

I do not disagree. The reality is that muffler may be the best term of the three because most people infer that if something has been muffled that it is still audible. "Silencer", though denotatively correct, is often inferred incorrectly.

That's honestly a much better name than suppressor... Is there a gun resonator that makes it sound like angry wet farts?

Yeah, it's an extremely Jewish tactic. They're called fucking Silencers. If you had to make every AR15 shaped like a dildo to avoid getting them banned would you do it?

Oh wait calicucks already do that

but its not suppressive fire?

>But why do we call the Silencer something that it is not?
>advocates for calling it a silencer
>something that it is not

Attached: thinkgun.png (128x128, 13K)

>he still isn't nonchalant enough about them to call them cans
Heh...

You guys really will argue over anything

>century old marketing should dictate modern day terminology

Attached: ksgys.jpg (834x737, 264K)

it's because it's an "assassination" weapon

What reason would you ever need to own a silencer? They are only used by mall ninjas and assasins so why should the average person want one? I think we should focus More on trying to keep the rights we have instead of trying to win a losing battle

Die commie

What’s wrong Republitard? Can’t handle the facts?

Die commie

Again can’t you conservatards handle facts?

Die commie

Get raped Jow Forumssmoker

Fuck off commie

Attached: Wrong.png (1125x1110, 568K)

>being pro gun makes someone a overused republican stereotype

Get fucked boomer commie

Attached: 42D6A9B6-80AC-434B-89FE-514CFF152778.jpg (628x800, 104K)

Suppression is relative but silence is absolute.

weak b8

Attached: autplay.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Hell yeah. I call them silencers because that's what Hiram thought sounded cool. If it was good enough for him it's good enough for me.

We use "suppressor" because the liberals actually believe it turns a gunshot into a whisper. We have to give it a more honest name to try and cull the ignorance.

I'm sure that'll work, because people are so willing to be educated these days. Fact is the local police chiefs get up there and say you can't "legalize" them because how will they fight crime if they can't hear the shot? That's all the soccer moms need to hear.

This is pretty good. What flavor of bait is it?

Might as well try any way we can.