Quick question Jow Forums

Quick question Jow Forums
I googled this but couldn't find a solid answer.
Do you need an ID to purchase a gun in NY state with cash? Or can I just buy from the store without "registering"?

Attached: 1520312580166.jpg (1713x1273, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/222836508-Firearms-Shipping-Guide
pewpewtactical.com/how-to-mail-guns/
atf.gov/firearms/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons
youtube.com/watch?v=j2zlPNGuPbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you buy it from an FFL, you have to fill out a """ registration""" form that they pretend isn't registration with the ATF.

you need an ID to buy a gun from a store in every state.
In free states (read: not NY) you can buy a gun from a private party with cash.

Of course head on down right this second, don't even wait!

Is there any to buy a gun online or privately and have it mailed to me in NY state? Is this complicated or not. I do not want to register at all. How hard is it to buy guns online?
Can I order from somewhere constitutional like Arizona and mail it to NY address?

What about Vermont, Maine or New Hampshire?
Do any of these states allow purchase of firearms without a "license" or ID and just over the counter?

Fuck off jamal. Felons can’t own guns.

I'm white you nigger. I am /noguns/. I don't know what states are pozzed or not.

op stop. literally like 5 seconds on google would answer your questions.

I googled it and everyone said random contrary answers and the forums they were from were like 5 years old.
I just wanna know if any of these northeast states will sell me a gun without taking down my name.

Sure you are nigger boy. Maybe one of your baby mamas you haven’t beat the shit out of will buy you one. You fucking nigger

Attached: A0592C5F-09FD-4754-A208-E28CAB29B118.jpg (800x800, 108K)

>I googled it and everyone said random contrary answers and the forums they were from were like 5 years old.
bullshit.

You are wasting your time but thanks for bumping.

Attached: 1522749861109.jpg (657x857, 40K)

I did google it for NY. I am assuming I could probably buy from a gun store in Vermont but it's really far away.

op, there is no way as a resident of new york to legally purchase a firearm without a background check.
Your options are either:
get the fuck out of new york
buy black powder guns

Damn it. Do you think getting out of state website to mail guns to NY is possible or no. Can they even police that? Or does a gun friendly state like Wyoming or Montana just refuse to ship weapons to Cali and NY.

No. Shipping a gun to a different state requires you to go through an FFL in every state. Even in free states.
Even as a Montana resident, I can't have someone from Colorado ship me a gun.

Regular guns? No. I don't know how gay NY's laws are, but in most places you can mail order a replica blackpowder revolver with no hassle.
That is your only (legal) option.

Vermont and Maine allow face to face sales between private citizens with no paperwork, but you must be a resident of the state. Attempting to buy with no state ID would be a gamble and it would be illegal.
NH does not allow FTF sales unless you can show a concealed carry license or you are "personally known" to the other guy and he knows you're legit.

You will not be able to buy from a store in Vermont because a gun store needs an ID + a background check. If you do not have an in-state ID they will refuse to sell to you.

It is illegal to ship firearms directly to someone's door. They have to be shipped to a licensed dealer so the dealer can perform a background check.

>It is illegal to ship firearms directly to someone's door.
In not-shit states, you can ship to someone within your state without going through an ffl.
You can also ship yourself a gun from out of state.

OP is either a stupid nigger or a liberal journalist trying to prove there’s a “loophole”

Damnit this is jewed as fuck and unconstitutional.
I really don't wanna travel far as hell just to buy a gun.

Attached: 1523966133397.jpg (610x407, 81K)

only one way to find out

Attached: beats_me_dexter.gif (245x234, 977K)

No you can’t, that’s breaking federal law. ANY FIREARM that is shipped MUST go through an FFL, no matter where it’s coming from in the United States. It does not matter if you are mailing it across town it has to go though an FFL you fucking retard. Only private transfers in non cucked states don’t go through FFLs

so just buy a gun in new york. Basically every gun owner has filled out a 4473 in their life. every cc permit holder has had letter organizations look into them. It's not a big deal.

I mean, you're wrong, but okay.

support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/222836508-Firearms-Shipping-Guide

Why are you so autistic about being a registered gun owner?

>legal to ship yourself a gun
You know very well that "someone" was referring to a third party. Don't be a pedant.

You can't anyway. If you go elsewhere and try to buy a firearm they cannot/will not sell it to you unless they can ship it to a dealer in your state.
Your only legal options are

- Move
- Do whatever shit you need to do to buy legally in NY
- Buy a blackpowder gun

"You must ship to an FFL holder:

Federal law requires all modern firearms be shipped to a holder of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL)."

What part of this do you think contradicts his statement?

>"You must ship to an FFL holder:
it literally doesn't say that.
>May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier?
>A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state.

If you don't like gunbroker for whatever reason
pewpewtactical.com/how-to-mail-guns/
>You can ship a firearm to yourself in a state where you plan “to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity.”
>You can ship a firearm to another nonlicensed person in your state.

NY here.

Answer is no.

If you have the financial means to leave and don't have any obligations to stay, I suggest getting out of the state ASAP.

Attached: THE ONLY GUNS I CAN HAVE IN NYC.jpg (432x768, 49K)

Do you think northern states shops or private dealers in the boonies would be more willing to sell a gun anonymously?
I'm talking rural towns with less than a couple thousand people.

I'm not stupid enough to let the feds know I'm carrying.

Attached: 1524877496690.gif (320x180, 1.51M)

You fucking retard

Attached: 1B7D65D8-12FD-4E8E-B0A9-9BB621EFE02B.jpg (750x1334, 219K)

No. No legitimate business or gun owner is going to risk a felony to sell you a gun under the table.

>shops
They would lose their license and go to prison if they got selling to someone without the proper paperwork. Not going to happen.

>private dealers
Crapshoot. If you approach anyone and ask them if they ID then they will get sketched out and they'll bolt. If you attempt to buy with no ID then it's a total gamble. If you try to pull some "Uhhh I don't have an ID, but here's a fat stack of cash" then they will bolt.

The bit you circled is Gunbroker's generalization. The actual letter of federal law governs INTERSTATE transfers and it specifically states that shipping to people within your state is cool. Intrastate transfers are up to the individual states.

No one is this absurdly fucking stupid.

atf.gov/firearms/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons
Here, direct from ATF.

> May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?
>A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State.
>A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State.

Then suck it up, stop sounding like a sketchy pussy and buy a gun from Tyverius with the numbers scratched off cause that’s the only way someone will sell you one with no ID straight cash

Fuck me America really turned to shit.
Whats a poor white guy supposed to do in the land of the free.
I'll probably get shot or robbed by the time I reach somewhere like Montana or Oklahoma or whatever you have left of the constitutional states of America.

Fuck man if I go to the hood without a gun he will probably just point the one I wanted to buy and steal my poorfag wallet with my poorfag lifesavings.

>Whats a poor white guy supposed to do in the land of the free.
buy a gun from a gun store and use your ID. It's shitty and unconstitutional, but I don't really get what your beef is with just doing what millions of people living in your shit state do.

Is there a loophole here?
It says resident "of" their state, not "in"
So if your neighbor is on vacation fishing out west...?

Exactly what will most likely happen and you deserve it for being fucking weird

No, because they define what constitutes residency.

>What constitutes residency in a State?
>The State of residence is the State in which an individual is present; the individual also must have an intention of making a home in that State.

>but I don't really get what your beef is with just doing what millions of people living in your shit state do.
It's shitty and unconstitutional. He should be pissed and reluctant to comply.

Going through the legal bullshit or moving are your only legal options.

Drat, thanks though

I'm not being weird man. I don't see why I can walk into a gun show in Arkansas or Georgia and buy an AK or side arm with just a smile but in California and NY they want my blood type and foreskin.

Attached: 1529290695522.jpg (1280x706, 210K)

liberals.

Kind of off topic but does anyone else think this gun looks ugly as fuck?

this is ridiculous it really should be easier to buy a gun it would certainly be safer with everyone armed

Those states are complete shit what do you expect? Cali is even worse than NY imo

this is sounding more likely as the thread progresses.

Everyone that isn't a Mexican cartel or Saudi oil baron would feel disgust when they look at that picture.

The NY SAFE act is amazingly terrible.
>new magazines over 7 rounds are banned
Yikes.

Then go to the NY state attourney general's webpage and use the search function there...
But to save you some time nobody (reputable) will sell you a gun online and ship it to your home, across state lines, that would be against federal law. Different states have different rules about private party sales but most intelligent people will go to a FFL Dealer and have the gun transferred between the parties with a background check, that's the only way to keep your ass out of any kind of trouble if the person you sold the gun to goes crazy and shoots a bunch of people. Otherwise some victims attourney or and overzealous prosecutor may try to come after you saying "you supplied the weapon that killed x amount of people so you should fry too"

>over 7 rounds
that's a joke, right?

>Different states have different rules about private party sales but most intelligent people will go to a FFL Dealer and have the gun transferred between the parties with a background check
wut
I've never had a private seller ask to meet up at an ffl to have them do the transfer and a background check.

Nope.
Get this: They actually tried to tell people that if they owned mags with a capacity greater than 7 before the ban that they could keep them, but they could not load more than 7 rounds. Seriously.
Oh, also the original law (that was passed, not a draft) did not exempt the police from the magazine caps. They had to pass an emergency amendment after they realized this.

holy shit
what does that leave you with? old 1911s and subcompact single stacks?

Pretty much.

So where in the north do I have to go to get a unregistered fire arm?
Minnesota?
North Dakota?
Montana?
Wyoming?
I really can't afford to travel all over the place.
Definitely no chance with Vermont or Maine eh?

Montana is a long way from New York. I'm not sure legally where private transfers land with out of state residents, but I can say of the 8 guns I've bought since moving here, I didn't even exchange names with half of them.

Just because you found people to trust you doesn't mean it isn't a good idea. I never sell a firearm privately without a FFL doing the transfer and background check even though I live in MO and can sell a handgun to any Tom, Dick or Harry on the street who looks over 21. Why? Because I have assets, a house, and if the dipshit I privately sold the gun to shoots up a public place and a survivor's lawyer finds out that they can make a quick buck by suing me for everything I have because i didnt take a few steps to shield myself from potential liability I would be the biggest retard ever. And dont think they wouldn't try, they would have the support of every gun hating group in the country and even if they lost it would be a costly legal battle that could have been avoided by 30min and $50.

hello ATF

Based. Maybe I'll just see if I can afford to live in Montana. I really hate the liberal vibe of the East Coast and Coastal people in general.
I don't know why these people tolerate tyrannical breaches of the constitution. It really feels bad if you get born over here and can't defend yourself.

Attached: 1531439929192.png (644x507, 240K)

It's just a question nut job. There is no law being broken inquiring the law you absolute sperg.

Attached: 1531097970772.png (1219x585, 528K)

Montana is pretty cheap to live in and a gun paradise. Just please don't ruin it with other liberal values.
I like being able to buy a desert eagle, then walk a quarter mile down the street to the woods and shoot it.

I'm not political at all. I just want a gun to shoot my dinner and niggers that try to stop me.

Attached: 1530479152428.jpg (760x460, 57K)

ITT
>how do I buy a gun in an illegal manner?
>you can't without breaking laws
>so how do I buy a gun in an illegal manner?
>just google how to buy one legally
>nah how do I buy a gun in an illegal manner?
>user...
>wow that's fucking jewish america really turned to shit oh pitty me poor white guy gonn get robbed
Im-fucking-plying you gave a fuck about America or gun rights when you are this fucking ignorant about how anything ever works in real life, assuming you aren't pretending to be retarded and trying to prove some fairy tale loop hole that is.
Since being a regular firearm owner in America is apparently out of the question for the likes of you, feel free to go ahead and break the law or constantly be afraid of getting shot.

>the dipshit I privately sold the gun to shoots up a public place and a survivor's lawyer finds out that they can make a quick buck by suing me for everything I have
No they can't. As long as you didn't have any reason to believe someone was going to commit a crime with your gun, you aren't liable for anything after you sell it.

fuck off commie

You are a seditious traitor if you think I actually have to observe state and federal laws.
Constitution is the hierarchical peak of laws to observe. Everything else is subsequently observed below the constitution. Professionals only observe federal and state infringements because they are threatened by tyrants who will steal their property and land for not breaking the constitution.

You can go buy a durr rifle in New York.

>>wow that's fucking jewish america really turned to shit oh pitty me poor white guy gonn get robbed
You ever have rocks throw at your head by random niggers?
You ever been bottled by random niggers?
You ever been chased by a pack of niggers with knives threatening to slit your throat?
I need a gun.

Attached: red-dot-scope-ac11586_5.jpg (800x800, 37K)

>telling some clueless dipshit in denial how America works apparently makes you a commie
like I said, just go ahead and buy a scratched glawk forty from jamal or fear the boogeyman coming for your whiteboipucci. Buying a gun requires a seller, and most sellers aren't gonna risk it for some shady literal who, you'd understand if you leave your basement and talk to people every now and then.

>Go to jamal to solve your problems with jamal unarmed
No thanks. I'd try my luck with Paco but I don't think cartel are this far north.

Attached: 1529893473132.jpg (427x580, 113K)

No to all of the above. Your first line of defense is your brain. Learn to avoid those situations. A gun is a last resort tool if you're in immediate fear of your life.

Like I said, all completely random.
Walking down busy streets downtown without even bumping into these people and they assault me with deadly weapons or chase me out the suburbs with a knife.
Niggers are savage thugs who steal from people they perceive as weak. You don't have to "deserve it" because they simply do it as opportunists.

>You are a seditious traitor if you think I actually have to observe state and federal laws.
how about observing a gun store and asking and finding out how their shit works? Oh no the licensed gun store or online seller won't sell you a gun under the table, how dare they, what fucking traitors amrite?

Any infringement is traitorous.

C
O
M
M
I
E

Not op but thank the lord I can leave NY in a year once I graduate and can head to grad school in a free state. It depresses me more and more to learn about this shithole's "laws"

I did suggest breaking the law twice if a normal 4473 is so repulsive but tones don't translate well in text form.
By that I mean I am in no way an advocate of unlawful activities I lost all my firearms in a tragic accident during a fishing trip when I fell in the water and my dog got lost in the woods I no longer have a dog. I am a communist who strongly believes in Chinese style gun control.

I don't really want to buy a gun from niggers and I doubt there will be mexicans in the states I mentioned.
Biker gangs seem sketchy but maybe they still hustle guns.
IDK man I just wish I could buy pocket nukes from wal-mart like is that too much to ask for???

How many tats from the neck up do you have? I hope you get killed by a dindu you trashy piece of shit.

I'm white so naturally I have zero tattoos because my skin is heavenly.

Reading through all this it seems you just want any untraceable gun you can get your hands on. Correct? If you can sell me a good honorable story of why you need one I'll tell you how. Include a description of your dear family that was murdered by Russian mobsters who have infiltrated the police causing you to have to take vengeance on your own.

They're not going to look you up if they decide to bust you. They're going to assume you have weapons and come in drawn with safeties off.

Then follow the fucking law and buy a gun retard.
Or be just like the sub bags you're trying to protect yourself from and get one off the streets.
How about this instead; since you clearly know nothing about guns or gun laws, why don't you go take a gun safety course and actually learn something

Why are you so triggered dude?
I just want to buy a gun no questions asked.
I thought in the USA this was the law.

You thought wrong.

>I thought in the USA this was the law.
youtube.com/watch?v=j2zlPNGuPbw

Right?
>420
Kek dude you are really misled if you think there is anything judicially sound about the tyrant states of NY prohibiting access of firearms contrary to the 2nd amendment protocol.
You guys live under occupied rule.
The right to bear arms is all encompassing within the border of the United States of America.
Faggots in Washington DC can't stop me from using and purchasing weapons legally. They are the law breakers.

Attached: 1510279083289.jpg (1000x912, 238K)

Bumping in case user has a heroic idea as to how I can acquire weapons legally in NY without ATF registration.

nope I hate it too.
t.cartel man

wasn't that struck down?
also i think cops should have to follow the same bulshit rules we have

use the gta method
hit a cop with a car then loot the body to arm yourself

Fuck off, retard. You cannot legally purchase a modern firearm as a civilian in NY without a background check.
End of story.

The ban on new mags over 7 rounds still stands but the retarded "U can't load more than 7 in grandfathered mags" thing was repealed.