What does Jow Forums think of the Army's new fitness test?

What does Jow Forums think of the Army's new fitness test?

>This is what the test will look like:

>Deadlift between 120 and 420 pounds, depending on the individual soldier. You must do three reps in five minutes.
Two-minute rest.
Standing power throw. You’ll be required to toss a 10-pound medicine ball overhead and backward. You’ll have three minutes to make one practice throw and two for a grade. The longest distance is recorded.
Two-minute rest.
Hand-release push-ups. You lower your chest to the floor and lift your hands off the ground between each rep. You’ll be required to do the most reps in three minutes.
Two-minute rest.
Sprint-drag-carry. In four minutes, you will go 25 meters out and 25 meters back five times. Each iteration will include a different activity: sprint, drag a sled, run a lateral shuffle, carry two 40-pound kettle bells, then sprint again.
Two-minute rest.
Leg tuck. You will be required to hang from a pull-up bar and with your body parallel, then pull knees to your elbows for as many reps as possible in two minutes.
Five-minute rest.
Two-mile run on a track or a paved, level road, with a 20-minute maximum.

armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/07/09/a-new-army-pt-test-is-on-its-way-this-is-not-a-drill/

Attached: IMG_0253.jpg (1200x1600, 262K)

The ACRT give a greater test of those who are fit for combat and those that are, to an extent it can kill the "Good old Boy" system. Just because you have 300 PT score doesn't you're speed for selection, or any other course that requires much grater qualifications.

Attached: Oh_man_Don't_hit_me_with_them_negative_waves_NEGATIVE_WAVES_Don't_hit_me_with_them_Kellys& (576x380, 69K)

Ketchum has ass cancer due to excessive ass fucking. He has a huge scar on his throat where his cut rate Korean plastic surgeon hacked out his Adam's Apple. His penis is shriveled and purplish and weird looking. According to someone who knows, he is a real life version of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs, self loathing and on the verge of making a skin suit.

I think they changed them because less than half of all young American males can even do a single pull up.

This is the absolute state of the American body.

A freshman on the high school football team who has never done anything active in his life can do more after 2-a-days/hell week

Not even kidding.

I never understood how this was considered to be a downgrade from their former fitness test. It was just
>run 2 miles in the allotted time
>do x amount of pushups and situps

The fuck kind of shit was that.

As someone who partook in 9 years of APFTs I'm rolling on the floor laughing while imagining how the fuck the Army will EVER implement this. Leadership has a hard enough time wrangling up fucking clipboards and half assed NCOs to grade people at a location that may or may not have a running track and some grass to do pushups and situps in. Now they have to have deadlift bars, weights, medicine balls, sleds, kettle bells, and pullup bars. Are you fucking kidding me?
Also anyone who served will also recall that just reading the verbiage for the incredibly simple 3-event APFT takes like ten fucking minutes in itself, I can't imagine how thick the binder will be full of instructions for this ACFT.
Doubt this will last long.

this.

/thread.

how is it scored? what is a pass?

This user has served. This clusterfuck will never be properly implemented

Is this to complete or join? It's either way to hard it way to easy after the allotted time frame

Also
>females dead lifting 120 pounds
Kek. Goodbye army females

Pants on head retarded

How will women do any of this shit?

And fatties and skellies make up 60% of the army

>how will women do any of this shit?

Isn't that the point?

Not that hard to do 120 lb with a trap bar. The sleeper is the hand releases push ups, makes it much harder to get away with half and quarter reps.

You’re shitting me, I’m out of shape and I can do 10.

this kills the trap fetish

Attached: trappeds.png (414x246, 109K)

I guess then you're not a fatty

Instead of the standard being changes based on age or sex, it the minimums wil change based on MOS and unit. So if you're a female and you're a nurse, I doubt you'll have to perform very well to stay in

Thats not hard dude. Most people that are even vaguely athletic can be coached to DL their own bodyweight within a session, man/woman whatever. It's not like women won't have the glutes and hamstrings for it.

>it takes ~10 to read the binder of rules for the the three event

Thats the best part. After the first event, cry to top that you missed it since you were shitting and that the the APFT shouldnt count. Top then calls everyone around to re-read it... Have some one do the same after the second event.

Only did that twice, but it was great having a few extra minites wasted that I didnt have to sham.

I do agree with you on every point.

I'm a fatty and I can do a pull up. This shit is retarded.

I'm sure many modern American males have the strength to do a pull up if they were average weight, but they're fat so what should be an easy 160 lb pull up into a 220 on pull up. That's more of a difference than an extra set of plates on a bench press.

The military should stop wasting their time taking in doughy and overweight people. If they want in so bad they can do the work and lose some weight.

What if you deadlift 425 pounds, do you flunk?

Id marry him in a heartbeat but he probably has a line of 200 dudes and acts like it as well

This.
I’m strong as shit, can do push ups for days, bench 250 for reps, can run 5k in 21 minutes, but on my best days can barely struggle out 2 pull-ups, I’ve tried all sorts of shit to build up my back strength but nothing seems to work, I don’t understand it.

>DL lmao5pl8
>accepted only so that they could dishonorably discharge me

Skinnyfat who doesn't even know how to lift weights here and I can easily do 25-30. Ponder that.

You are 100% lying or doing incorrect pullups

Oh it'll get implemented all right.
It'll just get pencil whipped to shit for 5 years or more until someone higher than battalion level realizes that there's no way to push a company sized element through this event without blocking off half the day for it.
Junior commanders and 1sgs will receive pee-pee slaps for fabricating results, and the organization as a whole will quietly revert to an apft that doesn't require anything but a lawn, a relatively straight piece of road, and 45 minutes of time.

Sauce Please?

Attached: 1531113858854.gif (277x325, 255K)

At least they're raising the run time. I bench 500 and do 90 pushups a minute, but cardio is hardio.

You can actually get ass cancer for excessive ass fucking? Lmso faggots btfo.

You guys really, really, really overestimate non-relative female strength. Yeah, theres lots of fit girls who can do this, but the average army wook is gonna fucking baaaaw about this impossible task so much, whereas to any man with a pair of arms, 120lb DL is a joke.

>hurrrf durrrrf lifting my weak 134lb twink body is the same as lifting your 230lbs of solid testosterone.

Lmao retard, any tiny faggot can do a million pullups. I used to knock out 20 fir the pft when I was 185, now that Im 225, its alot fucking harder dork

>500lb Bench

Attached: 1468003048930.png (625x626, 16K)

>this kills the woman, fatty, and skelly

How is this remotely negative?

Cool test, nice to see a test that actually test if a person is capable of moving one foot ahead of the other without falling down. I like it

>Im strong as shit
>can barely do 2 pullups
Pick one, big guy