Is the SKS-D/M a better weapon than the AKM?

Is the SKS-D/M a better weapon than the AKM?

Attached: 411040967.jpg (1024x729, 182K)

In semi auto...Yes!

Attached: CAMBODIA-10308.jpg (897x1350, 181K)

>In semi auto...Yes!
So if you're an American who doesn't have $30,000 to blow.

It offers legitimately zero advantages. There's a reason they didn't make it.

>marginally more accurate
>milled
>dope underfolding bayonet
It has advantages.

I like shooting my M a bit better than my Npap and buddy's WASR, but that's mostly because I don't like pistol grips. Still I would go with an AKM if I had to choose.

>no they aren't
>not an advantage and so are some AKs
>chinsy potmetal bayonet, also some AKs have that too
Hmmm.

It's more accurate because it looks more like a traditional hunting rifle, duh.

The Soviet changed the war doctrine with the invention of the AK. They sent out hundreds of solders firing full auto at one target all at once.

In semi auto this would not work as well in a AK disingenuous weapon system, the SKS would dominate in that battle field.

Attached: image.gif (440x340, 1.6M)

Cite your reasons why a heavier, longer, bulkier, and harder to manufacture rifle would dominate, please.

>heavier
Not an argument, eight pounds is only heavy if you're a woman or a child.

>I never carry my guns more than 20 feet, the post

You can't just assume something like that. I can however refer to you as weak, because you referred to an eight pound rifle as heavy. I've taken it on long hikes, you adapt to the weight.

Actually I referred to it as heavier, an objective fact in a direct comparison to something claimed to be superior. You might want to pay more attention.

But a light rifle being heavier than another light rifle doesn't matter, because it's light and comfortable enough to carry for extended periosd to begin with.

Asserting it doesn't make it true. Modern militaries have shifted to lightweight everything for a reason.

My sks is marginally more accurate and I prefer the spike bayo.

Manlets and women.

No.
The whole advantage of the SKS is that it's a pure grab n go rifle.
>no need to issue mags
>military ammo comes on clips anyway
>no need to issue bayonet, it already has one

As far as cost goes, I have no idea.
Early SKS is certainly more expensive, but later Chinese models use more stamped parts, and have simplified machining.

Not really, the SKS-D/M rifles are really picky with magazines and the one that I shot has failure to feeds all the time.

Lmao my gf can hump an SKS over the Appalachian mountains and here you are whining on a Fijian volcanic escape route forum that it's too heavy. Stop drinking your meals.

Its more accurate because its a fucking short stroke you idiot....Less mass moving around pair that with the extra pound of weight it has and guess what...the sks doesnt climb or jump around as much...

Wooooow blowing my mind here.

Attached: 1531113362400.jpg (728x665, 51K)

>Marginally more accurate
You mean negligibly

>Imagine being this stupid

Finish watching Rick and morty before you start posting again.

Attached: images.png (225x225, 9K)

Attached: 1509256221389.jpg (500x500, 37K)

Please tell me a single situation in which a gun with an effective range of 300 meters, 400 if we're being very generous, being a quarter (if even that) of an MOA more accurate is going to make a difference.

all the weight on an sks is in the back, its quite comfortable to hold.

How's the view from Mt. Stupid?

Is it just me or does a 30 round AK mag look too long on an SKS? I feel that 10 and 20 round mags look so much better

I'm lookin to pick up an SKS, but fuck me has the price gone up in the last couple of years. Am poorfag and I want a sub 200 SKS, and that ain't happening from what I can find online

expect to pay 400+ for a questionable yugo/chinko

fuck me in the ass and I don't even get a chromed barrel for the trouble, fuck me

norincos have chrome barrels, even the shitty export models

yeah, and they're also liable to blow up in your face

It's basically a crappier vz58.
But still an 8/10 neat for collection filling factor.

or innawoods

Attached: 14494882429170.jpg (970x598, 131K)

I've never had any FtFs with mine. I use a variety of surplus mags (but mostly Yugos) and the new Korean ones.

My vz is still better as a woods gun.
Lighter, smaller, easiest gun to clean I've ever handled by a mile, and that damn sks op rod spring won't fly into oblivion, lost forever, if I make a mistake.

But the SKS was select fire as well

"no"

yeah, because of the milled receiver.

You know there are a million milled receiver AKs right

SKS Sporter best AKM

lmfaoo no

>durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr