Alright Jow Forums. I made this. I have the projectile and the copper pipe ready. The gunpowder is also ready

Alright Jow Forums. I made this. I have the projectile and the copper pipe ready. The gunpowder is also ready.
Now the issue is I don't have a fuse to set the gunpowder off at the hole. Also how do i make sure the pressure doesn't get released through the hole used to light the gun powder and gets directed to the projectile?

Many thanks

Attached: Untitled.png (294x154, 2K)

Technology has existed for 500 years google it faggot.

Also video tape yourself using it if it blows up it’ll be cash money.

Put your thumb over the hole to hold the pressure in

Sweet lord almighty pray you fire this from a vice son.

Attached: IMG_1219.png (750x730, 470K)

God looks after fools, drunks and children. OP has at least 2/3 going for them... so they should be safe? Get a relative or friend to post vids just in case god is dead. Or gets killed by OPs allmost inevitable shrapnel.

tldr; you are about to make a mistake!

its a test with a plastic projectile covered in paper to help shove it in to the pipe. In case it goes wrong a small plastic projectile won't hurt, I'm not stupid. I'm using white spirit soaked string as the fuse and the gun powder works (i tested it).
Will post how it goes in 15 or so minuets.

Its not the soft projectile you need to worry about. You know that rolled up beer can laminated with wood glue would be stronger than copper. Right?

If you insist on being stupid I will leave you with this.

BARREL BANDS!

Wait. You're trying to build a cannon but you dont understand big hole little hole physics and you have string, gun powder but make a fuse with white spirits?

You might want to start with like a bicycle pump powered spudgun friend. Spend your summer reading more. Seriously you are biting off more than you can chew.

Are you saying the OP should have a beer to improve his odds of survival.

The holy trinity of git r dun.

I thought the pressure applied is proportional to the area. The pressure is split in the ratio of the areas right?

It finally lit the gunpowder inside but we had to remove the string sadly. Most of the pressure was released through the hole.
The projectile did not fire due to the pressure not being high enough on the projectile.

Might want to start small. .177 match lock. Made from an anttenna, cut off the end chunk, glued the rest before shoving back together. I use a tiny chunk of fire cracker fuze and uses a couple of match heads. The slowmatch is a little bit of incense. Fires a single bb, pellet or pinch of birdshot with a bit of greased cotton fluff wadding. I can't find the ram rod but I wrapped a bit of spring from a lighter flint as a cork screw. It helps pull out enough wadding on a misfire to unload the gun.

Take note the steel wire wrap starts at the touch hole reinforcing the blast chamber. So thats three layers of epoxied tubing + wire wrap for about 3 match heads of powder.

How safe are YOU being? Just trying to help.
$.02

Attached: 20180713_095304.jpg (2560x1440, 1.16M)

Don’t leave space between the gunpowder and the wadding/projectile. You can’t stop pressure from being released through the touchhole, it’s just something people dealt with back then.

It shot 2m. It was my first attempt with a metal ball bearing and it shot.

The seal was terrible but at least it works

Small metal tube cut at a sharp point epoxied in your flash hole (the point exposes more hole that a straight cut). String run through melted wax then rolled in gun powder makes fuze you can fish down the tube. Test your fuze outside the gun. The tube makes a choke point for gas also ignites your powder deeper down instead of the top.
For the love of god wrap that shit up. Wire is good! Bare minimum twine and glue. Grease your wadding.

Attached: wgw.jpg (900x1600, 84K)

here

Also thankyou so much. Ill try that.

Attached: eroigaoir.jpg (720x1280, 164K)

That was the plan all along

Yup thats some bare minimum fire arms there. Remember each time you fire it the copper with heat an cool.

This makes it more brittle (dangerous) the more confident you get.

Your next version should use steel. You can plug the end with a few inches of wooden dowel. Wood will hold if its pinned into the pipe. Especially if you screw a metal washer on the end that fits the pipe. Drill through the top (pipe, wood plug, otherside of pipe) and use the same bolt to attach to a stock.

Ok i'll use steel. Also do you know a good way to stop gas escaping between the ball bearing and barrel? Do i need a different sized ball bearing or barrel diameter or should i use something else to seal it better?

t shirt patches soaked in vaseline/butter/lard/grease is an oldie but a goody. We just taking black powder mechanics here. The matchlock is granddaddy to most things pew.

Next version mount the fuze tube side ways. So you can light it easier while holding and the extra gas shoots sideways away from you and wont block your sight picture. Let it stick out to account for the wrapping. Yes even with steel. Wrap the barrel, cut the stock out for the wrap. Bolt it into the wood then wrap it again.

Ok before I use steel i'll soak a patch of old fabric/cloth in oil before putting the ball bearing on top and jamming it in after the gunpowder.
I'll then try and make the suggested fuse. How far roughly will it shoot then do you think?

Just hit it with your crack touch sooner or later it'll go off.

Attached: torchjpg-bb25bc92f2955868.jpg (2048x1527, 349K)

We have a fresnel lens to set it off. It works really well.

Wad dry paper down first. The oil soaked cloth will ignite if it doesnt wet your powder. Be prepared for a flaming rag if you use motor oil instead of grease.

*flaming rag rhat will float on water. Get a bucket of dirt

I think the oil will wet the powder. Ill make sure there is a minimum thickness barrier of dry paper in between the oil soaked paper and powder.

You want it tight enough not to drop out but not so tight you got to lean on it to load. To tight and that un folded duck bill of a breech plug will spit fire in your eye.