What is the ideal Jow Forumsombat knife?

What is the ideal Jow Forumsombat knife?

Attached: JacobCutout.png (641x875, 782K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vFJ7s8Kbhzc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vgVRJCoX49M
youtube.com/watch?v=2RjcSAaUzbI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A gun.

The kabar I sharpened with a bench grinder while absolutely flying on Adderall.

Something small with both serrated and straight edge sections. Preferably attached to a pair of pliers and a screwdriver of some sort. Beats cutting paracord and mre bags with your teeth.

A sharp one.
Can't operate with a dull blade

Post pic

Correction, a knife-gun.

Attached: RR1652.jpg (850x630, 113K)

Halberd.
Always go with the Halberd.

Fpbp

The one that gets the job done

Attached: image.jpg (670x447, 45K)

Lightweight, not retarded huge, made of quality steel that takes and holds an edge, has good edge geometry and has a sturdy sheath that allows multiple carry options, holds the knife securely yet allows for a quick draw, allows drainage and doesn't retain moisture.

Jacob was straight-up right.

This.
He did nothing wrong.

Attached: Far_cry_5_character_jacob_seed.png (752x1061, 689K)

>combat knife
>pliers
>serrated

Attached: Attach6751_20180406_144038.jpg (228x221, 5K)

Nevuh been don befo.

Except ripping off zoolander

Had the best song too.
youtube.com/watch?v=vFJ7s8Kbhzc

He's kinda got that Amerimutt meme ears.

Lincoln had ears like that.

A Bowie knife, as large and heavy as you can possibly find. Bigger the better. It should be large enough that it becomes difficult/cumbersome to unsheath.

Also, Jacob best boy and literally did nothing wrong

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vgVRJCoX49M

Attached: 2DD75D2A-ECB2-48D5-8A0B-BDC2166FFBCB.jpg (800x444, 52K)

Haha, too true.

as long as it's not zoolander 2

if you're fighting a dagger or something with a false edge, if you're literally doing the 99% of things other than knife fighting like a jackass then get a utility knife, a hunting knife or whatever serrations are good for cutting rope and that's about it just get a cheap knife like a mora or an elks ridge even , they'll get the job done in a fight as well if need be but aren't designated for those tasks per say.

>thinking a knife will have anything other than utility uses in combat

Attached: 1531372244753m.jpg (768x1024, 66K)

Sharpened feldspaten

Agreed, I prefer bush knives or other such actual useful shit, but OP specifically asked for a combat knife.

Whether a combat knife would be less useful to him than a knife with utility features is irrelevant.

If you want a knife for combat, aka a fighting knife, shit like serrations and pliers arent desireable.

A dagger.

Attached: eng_pl_Ka-Bar-EK101-Ek-Spartan-Dagger-15155_2.jpg (700x408, 19K)

NRS-2

The game suffers from repetition without increasing difficulty. Once you beat one of the three regions and unlock the best weapons (.50 cal, armed helicopter etc) it's like "alright, why would I want to repeat all that two more times now that it's easy?" This is why you can't go full open world as soon as the game starts. They should have made it semi linear like Grand Theft Auto, where there are three separate regions but you unlock one after another and the missions/resistance get progressively harder.

This honestly. I also think the main villain was by far the blandest out of any far cry game so far (didn't play primal so I don't know how cave nigger compares)
Joseph had as little screen time as Pagan but was far less likable and just boring. His entire character was just ''because god told me to''.
The side villains were much better and more interesting than Joseph, especially Jacob. He has his own ideology separate from Joseph's and isn't just a blind follower, outright stating that he doubts Joseph really talks to god, but is still cooperating with him because he believes humanity is fucked either way, apocalypse or not. Felt more like the main villain than Joseph.
And after all, he was right about everything he said.

Oh I agree. After you unlock all the best stuff that's when you change the gameplay up a bit for yourself. It does still get boring but I was more in it for doing stupid shit than I was anything else.

That ka bar is small as fuck in his hands. Poor manlet.

reposting this here for an answer
I hate to say it but far cry 5
>finally getting to the first bad guy jacob or whatever
>fever dream landscape gotta break down towers and fight off people
>BAM!
>THERE ARE WOLVES BEHIND YOU AND THEY ARE RIGHT ON TOP OF YOU
>repeat for an hour just trying to get around this place being really careful with whats in front of me

thats not difficulty ubisoft. thats cheating. thats just cheap bullshit I cant do anything about. fucking teleporting a guy and some wolves behind me with no warning is fucking lazy bullshit.

is the rest of the game like this? tell me now so I can uninstall before I waste more time with it

Id say a shank(which gets extra points for the possibility of tetanus) or its icepick variation.

Attached: metal-shank.jpg (300x411, 6K)

>>THERE ARE WOLVES BEHIND YOU
There are? I've played through the game twice and I never noticed them. Holy shit. Git gud.

Jow Forums bar, obviously.

It's just a big-ass version of it or something. Like look here, compared to Faith on the right (who is like 5'7''), he's a full head taller.

Attached: FC5Preview_TheArrest_1519870524.jpg (1920x1080, 1.88M)

I've never had that happen, although I guess it would make sense lore wise because Jacob's judges are hunting you

This. I think the M9 bayonet checks all the boxes required for a good (not best) utility knife. I think it's an awful bayonet, though.

Attached: 699061_ts.jpg (385x385, 12K)

maybe its just hard difficulty?
I gave up and put it on easy and the wolves stopped teleporting 10 feet behind me while I was moving through.

I just need to know if I should finish the game or not.
>also running around for 30 minutes to do something just to have a fucking plane start strafing me when I have no AA weapons or ammo is kinda bullshit also
fuckers spot me from miles away.
its like playing far cry 2 all over again.

Sorry to break it to you, but yeah, they really fucked up the spawn rates in this one. Enemies spawn around you far more often than in other games (start game, enemy plane right above me immediately. Run into a forest, random fucking cultist car just drives into the fucking forest, etc.)
It can really ruin your early game, however once you start doing missions and unlocking new weapons and perks, it isn't as much of a issue anymore. The decision is up to you.

>Plane says hi
>Equip LMG and go to town on him

the only reason I carried it

I'll just take a well-made Swedish or Finnish puukko. "Combat" knives are realistically utility knives, and puukkos are excellent. Don't see the need for oversized meme-blades like ka-bar etc.
Could replace puukko with a similar style of full tang knife that is slightly larger for easier chopping of wood and such.

>plane says hi
>goes straight at me to shoot
>well placed sniper shot takes the bastard down
So satisfying every time.

A MORA, YOU FUCKING POGS

Attached: 13097-antracit-morakniv-companion-1200x548.png (1200x548, 481K)

Native American intensify.jpeg

This, but get a better sheath for it. Something with a locking clasp.

>Primal
Worst game in the franchise by any metric.
>Flaws of far cry 5
Aside from the entirely retarded weapons tree (which was good to great in previous games) the core conflict is fucked. I didn't oppose Joseph because I thought he was wrong about the apocalypse. I opposed him because he was a torturing, murdering, brainwashing, child killing asshole. The writers what the bed on that one.

Which is the better classic fighting knife: Kabar or Fairbairn Sykes?

Attached: 1518635098103.jpg (500x359, 32K)

The FS is made for killing not fighting

Is that Karl from InrangeTV?

F-S for stabbing someone, Ka-bar for more general utility and fighting in a pinch.

this

The Smatchet was the WW2 knife Fairbairn had designed for fighting, but it's not as well known/jerked off as the FS Dagger (I'm guessing it hasn't shown up in any video games).

"The psychological reaction of any man, when he first takes the smatchet in his hand is full justification for its recommendation as a fighting weapon. He will immediately register all the essential qualities of a good soldier - confidence, determination, and aggressiveness. Its balance, weight and killing power, with the point, edge or pommel, combined with the extremely simple training necessary to become efficient in its use, make it the ideal personal weapon for all those not armed with a rifle and bayonet."

Attached: 088.jpg (600x800, 30K)

>ctrl+f BK2
Jow Forums i am disappoint

So is the jagdkommando really as deadly as people say or is it just a meme?

Attached: image_4e31666d-aa61-420a-861e-ec52c380569f_1200x1200.jpg (676x317, 10K)

it's a difficult wound to stitch for sure, but if you got caught with one of those in a war you'd probably get shot on the spot

>A FUCKING LEAF
Unnecessarily heavy and wide. Literally nobody but those jacking off to their sheepfucking ancestors used such a blade.

>When you want that 10% extra stab damage so hard you give up entirely on cutting and utility
Well not entirely. Fun fact, these construction tools here are a literal 1/100 of the price of that abomination.

Attached: Dreikantschaber.jpg (1000x750, 330K)

Most people don't understand how easy shanks are to make. One could be made out of a plastic chair and a T-shirt.

KRIEGSMESSER

Attached: big knoife.jpg (1920x996, 746K)

The US literally issued leaf shaped blades for almost 50 years.

Nobody's going to stab somebody with an $800-1000 knife. There's no evidence anyone's even tried to stab anything, aside from offhand mention of testing that no one's ever been able to verify.

Attached: 30224-01.jpg (4199x2263, 2.25M)

>The US literally issued leaf shaped blades for almost 50 years.

To one tiny segment of the army that was stationed in the Philippines.

kukri is pretty nice

Attached: snda5302_1.jpg (800x800, 222K)

>Philippines
Which was another place full of people who used leaf shaped blades.

Attached: DSC_0138.jpg (600x402, 44K)

>pic related
It's fucking beautiful and a great combination of the AKM bayonet and an M16 bayonet

Attached: eickhorn kcb 77 L.jpg (1024x606, 60K)

But long knives aren't actually that useful so here's my real pick.
>KaBar fanboys
>Fairbairn Sykes fanboys
>porquenolosdos.jpg

Attached: Fighting Knife M3.jpg (850x638, 111K)

Glock knife and a leatherman is all you need.

This legit looks more like a terrifying buttplug than it does a knife absolutley disgusting

Simple carbon steel blade (like russian U8), about 12-15 cm and 56 HRC.
Either plain or clipped. No fullers.
Full length stick tang, fixed in the handle.
Handle can be made of wallnut, birch or birch bark.
The shape of a handle is barrel, probably with a knot or "mushroom top" for easy reach.
No handguard. Handgurds are for casuls
Sheath is made of leather and it's hanging freely on the belt with one leather loop.

Picrelated is close to my ideal.

Attached: A1_Harmanpuukko.jpg (1000x750, 94K)

you posted the wrong song
youtube.com/watch?v=2RjcSAaUzbI

>Unnecessarily heavy and wide. Literally nobody but those jacking off to their sheepfucking ancestors used such a blade.
I think I'd take the opinion of Fairbairn, who was an expert in knife-fighting from his days in Shanghai, over you.

Are you trying to imply the M3 isn't a long knife? The blade on the Fairbairn Sykes is 1cm longer, and the KCB-77 is 5mm longer than the M3.

This

Smatchet was in Silent Storm. And by god it was bad. M1917 trench dagger was much better.

This kills the emperess of Austria

>implying that they really had those Under Siege knife fights

now that's a knoife

>When I see your face I know I must protect my race, keep your rifle by your side

How did Ubi get away with this?

bigbrother

Attached: 96iwqe.jpg (1600x900, 454K)

As others have stated it is not effective.
>practically 0 utility other than stabbing
>twist dissipates force, minor but still might make a difference
>good luck with rapid, repeated strikes

It's cringeworthy "oh em gee lewk how dedly dis knife is, if i git yoo wiff it nobody can help yoo. your life is mine *tips fedora* nothing personnel kid"

Get a real knife. Even those faggy karambits are better than that, at least those can be used rapidly and for different types of strikes.

Attached: 2ee.gif (287x344, 141K)

>not posting KM2000
being this retarded

Attached: 825101G.jpg (1620x1080, 70K)

I think I'll trust the opinion of literally every other knive designer ever over that of a single guy (and some flips apparently. Whatever.)

Well my parents' mid 1990's lack of creativity finally pays off, I got a 2edgy4U theme song now.

>Heavy
>Memeto tip
>Good thing you posted the one without serrations though
Got one as a bundaboo teen, got a cheap glock too. I'd always use the latter in a knife fight.

A gun knife be best

Attached: grad_standard.jpg (300x259, 15K)

Why have a gun knife when you can have a knife grenade?

Seriously though, it's a good general purpose knife, and cheap enough to be semi disposable.

Attached: 1920px-Feldmesser81_BK.jpg (1920x1440, 831K)

>Fleck
>Black plastic
>Sawback
What a shitty composition all around.

vittu perkele

Attached: 170ab32395632cf2f1295479fdc8b75e--utility-knife-knife-making.jpg (600x708, 51K)

I'd choose a Filipino jap scalper any day of the week for melee combat.

I liked the bad guys in Far Cry 5.

Felt like an asshole killing them all.

tail isn't cut off, dog isn't judge.
FAKE JACOB SEED SPOTTED.

How much of an issue is it lacking a handguard, if at all? It it just a case of not being a spastic, or are their certain things it's unwise to do? Utility or otherwise.

There's puukkos with handguards (just a bit less traditional), but unless you're holding it upside down and stabbing someone with it it's not an issue. Learned that mistake as a kid.

Attached: 1521675093538.jpg (433x500, 17K)

No one has mentioned the Elcho bayonet yet? Jeez.

Attached: british-pattern1871-elcho-sawback_1_1f782d63f0f05d41acb29e9b0c753ab0.jpg (400x300, 16K)

Let the Water Wash Away Your Sins and Help Me Pray are also comfy as fuck

It is nice. I have a couple of the German 98/05s.

Attached: Germany M1898 05 witrh sawback late type.jpg (500x318, 24K)

Fucking been there. Except mine was with a cheap meat cleaver.

There's a difference. You are referring to knife designers - Fairbairn was a knife user, and had the scars to prove it.

>implying that Fairbairn had been in over 600 street fights, with the knife-scars to prove it

The user who said dagger is the only correct one in this entire thread. If it isn't double-edged, then what's the point.