Another Sherman raised from the flooded "Thomas Donaldson" restored

Another Sherman raised from the flooded "Thomas Donaldson" restored.
youtu.be/Lxbl6r-xw4c

Attached: IuLR9z2FpEg.jpg (1280x776, 493K)

>soviet parade paint with white rims
gross

You gross.

>sherman
>soviet parade dress
>DShK

What?

You are aware that we sent them loads of Shermans as lend lease equipment, right?

>Russia is now so desperate they have to mobilize sunken lend lease tanks

Attached: 93c6e175c655af7a5344f6e212518bdd--ethnic-diversity-travel-memories.jpg (500x618, 76K)

Sick, but why didn't they just send it west. I guess the Soviets did have American hardware during the war. The Restored them pretty quick so hats off.

Can I get a moonrune to english translation on what's going on in that video?

>be Thomas Donaldson ship
>carry land-lease Shermans into USSR
>get sunk by Kraut submarine on 20 May, 1945
>fast forward 75 years
>Russia finds shekels to lift up two Shermans
>they're a bit rusty
>mechanics mange to get them back in working order

Attached: 1509889557898.png (404x511, 11K)

I thought they gave those all back or something

Probably cost too much to send back

I’m glad they restored at least one of them to running condition. What happened to the other one?

I don’t speak cheeki breeki, can someone translate the video?

This one was sunken for decades

>restored
and by "restored" you mean "slapped a BMP engine into and nigger-rigged BMP tracks on"

>I thought they gave those all back or something
no they didn't

>bmp tracks
TFW the bmp track design was derived from the Sherman's VVSS T66 track

you forgot the BMP fenders... why oh fucking why did they think this was a good idea

As for the "restoration" At least they got it running. In the US our idea of a "restoration" is to weld up the hatches, drain the fluids and paint it horribly wrong... so at least theirs is a step up

>pic related, APG "researched camouflage" restoration

Attached: 1b961bc9452d528cdd3335957cfa9a2a74c4eff1.jpg (799x591, 82K)

>T66
My bad I meant T49 3 bar cleat

Attached: T49.jpg (375x500, 58K)

In the 50s many of the USSRs satellite states as well as Yugoslavia were using all sorts of American equipment, even during the Yugoslav Wars there were Thompson/American 180 SMGs and Johnson tank destroyers

Tacky, gaudy, Russian Scum

Suck it, nigger.

Nope.

Attached: pic.jpg (550x390, 229K)

I think the equipment was just kept and paid off over the next few decades. Googling it and I see the UK paid off their Lend Lease equipment in 2006. USSR/Russia paid theirs off as well but I cannot find a specific date.

Told you Vatnik larpers Shermans were a respected tank.

the USSR repaid $722m out of an original debt of $1.3bn in 1972, the rest was written off. Not sure if the $722m was adjusted for inflation.

Not sure I agree with that paint job, but thank goodness that they put it back together. Lord knows what those crooked-toothed Limeys would have done if they got to the tank instead.

That camo pattern made me feel physically ill.

I actually don't hate the paint job. It's kind of novel, as most shermans you see in museums are painted the same color.

When the Americans came to reclaim all the equipment that had been lent the Soviets produced a few examples and then realized that the rest had been lost in combat operations, sorry. Dmitry Loza relates an anecdote to that effect in his book.

we found the slav scumbag

What model is that? Late war I'd assume, the turret shape is different in the read and it has a larger gun. My first thought was a firefly, but those were only British variants if I remember.

>Not sure if the $722m was adjusted for inflation.
It wasn't. USSR wanted the same discount deal that UK got, and once they noticed that US is running an aggressive currency policy they proceeded to stall for as long as they could until decreasing currency value ate most of the it.

But lets not start a lend-lease shitstorm here.

>I thought they gave those all back or something

No hey threatened to invade western Europe and install gommunism. Never give a Russian anything again.
Also why no moores law of weapons

Built to last.