/gq/ - Gear Thread - Brushstroke Edition

What is the best ballistic helmet? Regular Infantry.

>/gq/ approved LBE + IFAK + More (READ FIRST)
hastebin.com/adiwutinus.nginx (embed)
>/gq/ approved IFAK(Medical) guide
hastebin.com/woyahibawa.sql (embed)
>/gq/ approved pouches
hastebin.com/leturomotu.sql (embed)
>Jow Forums holster list
hastebin.com/ohemenayaj.vbs (embed)
>/gq/ approved Radio Equipment
hastebin.com/uzowogofov.diff (embed)
>google drive of current /GQ/ issues
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5CCir6zEaYsRDh1N0d5QWt2UkU?usp=sharing
>discord link
discord.gg/h25kzbT

Attached: Combat_Shirt.jpg (730x960, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/k/thread/38527286/#38527310
hqg.de/hqg/en/shop/Tactical-Gear/Categories/Armor-Carriers/Plate carrier H1 Evo Steingrau - 2018/?card=16743
hqg.de/hqg/en/shop/Tactical-Gear/Categories/Chestrigs/Semimodular-Chestrig/Part-Modular 2-Part Chest Rig HL/?card=14166
russianarmyshop.eu/en/ratnik/133-6b47-ratnik-original.html#/315-size_new-2_56_57_
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, which helmet is better for light Infantry?
Something High-Cut like an Ops-Core or a Mich 2001? Or an ACH? Or even the LWH?

Not this scam shit again

I tend to get a MICH cut helmet. Opinions?

woodland is the peak U.S Aesthetic

Yeah... Ever since Kommandostore made it's debut, this board has been a breeding ground for scammers. There's always an user peddling his Rhodesian camo or patch scams on this thread or another.

Rhodesian goods have become synonymous with "scam" nowadays.
Ever notice how Rhodesia is a right wing interest that someone seems to want to associate with "scamming" by LARPing Rhodesia scams IRL?
It must surely be a coincidence now, right?

Still putting together my IFAK, I think now all I need is tourniquet

Attached: IFAK.jpg (4032x3024, 3.14M)

shut the fuck up

So you don't think I need a tourniquet?

It’s really a question of whether you want to wear a heavy weight helmet that has the ability to protect you from being shot through the side of your head through your ear canal because of the ear cover and the option of double protection by putting a peltor underneath that which will further slow the bullet but who’s weight will hurt your neck—OR— wearing a lightweight helmet that will allow you to be shot in the head through your ear canal while simultaneously destroying your peltor, but leave your neck nice and comfy.

Just use some bungie cord or laffy taffy.

How about the sash of a bathrobe I stole from a hotel

I’m calling the fucking cops.

Catch me if you can faggots

corpsman here, looks good to me
maybe add some motrin, some people are bitches

Good catch, doc, I'll throw in socks too

Use what's is issued, cause you're not going to be allowed to use another helmet.

Attached: file.png (1257x914, 1.91M)

It's one guy on Facebook making G3 clones who acquired some Rhodie fabric
Has nothing to do with Jow Forums or that whole original debacle

That unburnt 550 cord is giving me an aneurism.

Surprise, most gear queers never earned their grunt legs.

Attached: 1497512936248.jpg (960x720, 115K)

Meanwhile the very tripshit responsible for the original debacle is endorsing him.
desuarchive.org/k/thread/38527286/#38527310
hmmmmmm

Attached: 1531456346634[1].png (1057x274, 121K)

what you don't like the high speed streamers?

I just didn't have a lighter with me at the time when I made those magpuls and don't feel like redoing them on some of my mags.

Find a pouch yet?

I have a pouch that can fit all of it except the vodka but I might just put that in flasks

What’s in the Fanny?

>That unburnt 550 cord

Attached: 1411331810324.gif (311x216, 6K)

probably my cellphone and wallet, batteries and extra ear pro and headphones for said phone, and heart rate monitor.

smirking anime face.wav

Attached: file.png (1283x953, 1.9M)

Are commercially-available Propper uniforms any good, or are they shit compared to the stuff Propper makes on contract for the US gov?

Actually, in the Reserve, I am.

A few years ago, they were robust as tanks. Don't heard that that changed.

What a cunt. That said, anybody who would willingly sent some random Jow Forums dipshit money like some kind of sketchy anonymous kickstarter campaign is either mentally disabled or deserves to lose their money. The fundraising for the project had no oversight. It wasn't conducted through something like Kickstarter, he didn't have a company that could be held liable for fucking up, he didn't have an online shop set up on something like BigCartel... It was so obviously bullshit.

the velcro on my plate carrier always wakes my mom up when in larping in my room at night. any good qd tube or buckle cummerbunds that dont cost as much as my whole plate carrier?

Attached: 1469247978918.jpg (1920x1080, 755K)

You're the only gq poster I've ever liked because at least you're honest

are the mozzarella balls used to plug the wound?

Oh fuck me I thought it was gauze. But I guess dairy is healthy so it'll work

The Thing is, this Guy, Roman Kurnaz on Facebook, in the Group Replica Lindnerhof Taktik, does a lot of other stuff, high quality, you can see in the group, Rhodie is just one of a lot of camo he has to offer, also look in other gq's like
>
>

German here. Does this look like a good combo?

hqg.de/hqg/en/shop/Tactical-Gear/Categories/Armor-Carriers/Plate carrier H1 Evo Steingrau - 2018/?card=16743

hqg.de/hqg/en/shop/Tactical-Gear/Categories/Chestrigs/Semimodular-Chestrig/Part-Modular 2-Part Chest Rig HL/?card=14166

Guys, is there a surefire way to ID whether an east german paratrooper assault vest is genuine or fake? I know there are quite some convincing copies out there and even legit traders have gotten fooled. I have an acquaintance offering me one and I really wanted but I'm paranoid the fuck out.

>a good combo
like wearing both at the same time? no.

The Chest Rig can be attached to the Plate Carrier, so why would it be a bad idea?

>The Chest Rig can be attached to the Plate Carrier
i don't think so. also split rig on a PC is retarded.

I know that the rude posting is somewhere between facetious idiocy and ill-informed bandwagoning so I'm taking the time to post the rhodie camo repro I bought on preorder from Kommandostore and received without incident.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

Says the guy who has never had to suffer through stalk lanes.

>What is the best ballistic helmet? Regular Infantry.
6B47
It is the lightest ballistic helmet for regular infantry, have NVG mount, best helmet cover alaround.

Attached: 302165.jpg (2000x1333, 1.02M)

what good is a split rig when it's attached to the PC?

Wearing a split front like a plackard or just draping it over a slick allows the wearer to open the front split and lay completely prone when making a long shot.

Attached: IMG_5109.jpg (3198x2973, 1.85M)

Used ones go for about 230 USD, new ones a bit more. Fuck dropping 1500 on a FAST to pretend to be operator. This shit works. Due to its simplicity, user fixability and low minimum wage in Russia I can't imagine a more ideal helmet. I own one myself and don't regret buying it in the slightest with them running in at about 900-1000g with the cover (center of mass is really low). Only thing I still have to get used to, is the somewhat weird method of fastening the helmet to your head. Also the pic rail is pretty nice for a standard issue helmet that hasn't had american-levels of 'upgrades' yet.

Attached: IMG_5985.jpg (480x398, 113K)

ok makes sence. but the rig in question still isn't attachable to a PC as far as i understand the design.

There is always a way, not the least of which is just wearing the damn thing over your PC like a FLC

It's part of a big modular system, so you should jus need buckles.

lol that chick lean

>american-levels of 'upgrades' yet.
ACH and ECH still does't have built in NVG mount and pic rail.

Kill yourself and ask G-d, surplusshit

I meant that the rail and NOD mounting plate are part of the design on the 6B46, whereas ACH and quite a lot of other western helmets use add-on crap like ARC. Not saying ARC is bad or anything, problem lies in quite literally slapping these things onto the helmet system, instead of integrating them. Fucks with standardization if you ask me.

Attached: FullSizeRender.jpg (1959x1936, 722K)

Looks like they’re hiring literal fedoras from reddit to shill now.

I'm just shilling for Roman, dislike the commando store pricing.

And his stuff is great.

how tf was it a scam if i got everything i ordered

And yet here you are shilling for their primary snake oil salesman. Try making sense when you shill, it would probably be more effective.
Shitpost discarded.

>6B47
How easy is mounting American NVD?

And right on schedule the memecunt scammerprises shills flood the thread.

Soon the same 6 proof images all taken from 1 guy will be posted, thus proving that NE did not scam hundreds, if not thousands of people on Jow Forums because of their employee’s image of questionable cloth.

Even r*ddit hates rhoddieboo camocucks

6B47 use the same NVG mounting slot as NATO/American.

Pretty sure any NATO/American NVG can fit just fine.

They use the same mounting interface as american helmets quite literally no difference when it comes to mounting them. Would say it's probably easier to use than an 'upgraded' ACH made to work with a clip-on mount which may be loosely attached.

Attached: 6B47_mounting plate.jpg (3264x2448, 822K)

>$230
Try $160

Attached: 24053639478_284a1380ab_o opsec.jpg (2000x1125, 1.87M)

Price have been droping for quite a while.

With 230$ you can get a brand new full set with spare suspension and 3 balaclava.

Lightly used are much cheaper, like this Syria 6B47 only cost 8000 ruble, 1000 more than used green one.

Attached: file.png (1152x648, 596K)

Facebook my dude, $160 comes with everything

Attached: IMAG1347.jpg (1520x2688, 2.18M)

160 without shipping cost?

well no, but shipping isnt much.

Got any experience with facebook sellers? Had a friend who kinda got ripped off with one.

I got bad news for you, thats a replica cover.

Yeah, the good ones are reliable, but always remember you're dealing with a gray market.

Attached: IMAG1532.jpg (2688x1520, 2.33M)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about getting that mozzarella in the tomatoes sauce.

That pic isn't my own 6B47, just took it off google real quick.

is my own.

afaik there are variations in the EMR fielded to troops. There's the darker, somewhat more common color, and the more vibrant version for what I think is for more southern regions. pic related.

Attached: Moscow03May2018-001-X2.jpg (1280x853, 408K)

The joke is the vibrant one works way better than the standard

Attached: wedding party.png (528x670, 679K)

>that pic
I love ATVs and I love MGs but having the driver as the gunner and not the passenger seems like a design flaw

Scamming has no political reservations. The same guys selling right wing badges will also be selling Antifa badges. Maybe not on the same web page, but even so. Greed sees an opportunity elsewhere.

Oh, I have to ask. Why are you wearing a fuck huge flag on your chest? Under what circumstances is this a good thing?

How does the driver even properly reach out to hold it?

Tie a string to the trigger and steer towards the enemy.

I never understood high-cut helmets. I've worn both high-cut and mich cut and the weight difference in negligible.

Best answers so far, thanks.

Patriotism
easy to ID

Attached: file.png (2048x1365, 3.02M)

FOF.

I hate that you made me dig up my 7-year-old trip for this.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.32M)

Was just gifted a “Lancer Tactical Lightweight Plate Carrier”
I assume it’s just cheap airshit, correct?

Attached: EA84E9A2-9A95-4D29-B798-8495B5278915.jpg (4032x3024, 2.03M)

The trip does nothing other than prove you're a shill.

Yes
I'm just going to assume everyone who actually participates retreated to discord and the threads are just fucks who can't get past the proving grounds.

But worry not, young summerfags, I'll dispense whatever information i feel like.

Attached: IMG_5017.jpg (513x455, 74K)

Yes.

Best idea would honestly be to leave it in packaging and sell it to airsofters. If you get $50, you’re half way to the budget for a decent entry level plate carrier from a good company.

First Spear slick is not concealable except under very loose jackets and very uncomfortable since the shoulder straps are soft cloth so they will dig into your skin.

Attached: 1531452650051[1].jpg (3024x2964, 912K)

I like my KDH just fine. I don’t reckon it’s very Gucci or highly sought after, but it fits me well.
If I can get 50 airshit bucks for it on eBay, I’ll probably just buy a dump pouch or something.
Although.... now that you mention it, I could use an ACU or foliage green carrier And recycle some of my old issued RFI ACU Molle2 stuff. What one is out there for $100?

Attached: BF3BA716-7327-4900-A56B-F3CD46DB2183.jpg (4032x3024, 2.09M)

>A guy running a crye sewing business in the ukraine offering all different kinds of camos, Brushstroke being one of them.
> their primary snake oil salesmen

At this point, I have no Idea what all you faggots are talking about.

Well yeah. But it also makes for a handy aiming point. I struggle to think of anyone outside comic books who have ever worn a badge this big, never mind frontally.

They get worn all the time when people place more value on ensuring they get ID’d as friendly than they do in being camo’d.

You know the flag is velcro, right? Like, if you want camo, you pull it off in like a second before heading out.

Attached: E32E4E09-8C73-4715-80CB-17C864E7F910.jpg (640x640, 112K)

>camo makes you invisible

Attached: 1330394545615.png (722x647, 348K)

I saw this listing russianarmyshop.eu/en/ratnik/133-6b47-ratnik-original.html#/315-size_new-2_56_57_
Anyone know if this is a reputable company? Would this work if someone wanted to buy just one helmet for NV use as well as protection? Is there anyone making covers in other patterns?

Was supposed to pick up my holster to fit in my D3CR velcro wedge but he flaked out on me, sad.

Attached: Repost.png (716x992, 1.11M)

Oh yeah and this guy:
got his stuff also from the guy making the Brushstroke, Roman Kurnaz.

The trip responsible for the whole rhoddie scammo affair on Jow Forums is endorsing this "Roman" character. Does this not strike anyone as suspicious?