Hello Jow Forums

Hello Jow Forums
I've got some beat up shitty AK mags and I want to create a windowed AK mag like in the pic related but I don't have a dremel, I've just got a drill, fuck tonnes of files and a small hacksaw, is this possible or will it be tedious and turn out shit without a dremel?

Attached: 20150717-161332.jpg (765x1024, 413K)

Tedious

I thought about maybe drilling a fuck tonne of holes and then filling down the holes until it forms a window then further filling down until it looks like the pic related, I don't know how long this would take though, I think I might just go out and buy a dremel or borrow one from someone

honestly it will be easier than using a dremel
dremels suck shit when trying to cut a constant curve
dremel will make things faster but you were going to have to clean stuff up with a file regarless of which method you used

Yes it's possible and yes it will be tedious and turn out shit. It's also a stupid idea, if you're not putting a clear panel into the window to keep out dirt. Whatever fucktard took that picture then had to dust off the backside where it touched the ground and blow into it to get the dirt out, and is still risking a jam and increased wear, not to mention the dirt will get into the sliding parts of the magazine and wear that out too.

Don't be stupid user.

oh no he could ruin a $10-20 magazine what an atrocity

I know but it's so fucking aesthetic, how come people use it in the middle east though where it's constantly sandy, do they not realise that it could fuck up their aks or do they just not care?

Attached: ak.jpg (628x418, 44K)

Dremels are pretty cheap

Probably ignorance, seems like the types who do a lot more waving their chopped up ak's in farmers faces than actual fighting

If you want to do it then go for it, just use a dremel and cutting stone discs. Mark with a sharpie and have at it, besure to remove the burrs on the inside as these will hinder the follower / snag rnds and will cause malfunctions

I always laughed though at the concept,
>1917 Chauchat open mags
>Shit idea, Dumb fuck'n french
>2018 Some cave monkeys do it
>HUURR SMRT IDEA LOOK AT THE RNDS!!!
>AK NEVER JAMZ

Because those AKs are either already beat to death and have round counts in the several thousands with corrosive shit ammo no less, or they are kyber pass copies made on a cliff side with the sheet metal from a soup can... that too have had several thousand corrosive shit rnds through the pipe.

If you want shit to chew up your bore or get into the action go for it, If it's just for Aesthetic reasons, still a dumb idea but sure go for it.

>Ib4 I'm not going to a desert

Shit will find a way in, the touch is just not worth the squeez IMO

>desecrating a bakelite mag
I won't lose sleep if this whore get's drone'd.

The intent was probably to save someone $10-$20.

How poor are you? you can get a chink dremel knockoff for 20 bucks, Google circle cutting jig for a dremel. Get a wen rotary tool, they work as well as the dremel does, which is to say shit and a real man uses a die grinder instead of a toy. But it works. It's your gun, you do you.

They do a lot of shit in the middle east. You don't really have a rifle collection there, a man has his 1 or two rifles, and personalizing them is a huge part of culture. Also i think that picture is staged. When the sand storm kicks up, the myth of ak reliability goes to shit. We couldn't start our cars in storms because it could get sand in the engine. I read the Americans had trouble with this in desert storm for a while too.

>Because those AKs are either already beat to death and have round counts in the several thousands with corrosive shit ammo no less, or they are kyber pass copies made on a cliff side with the sheet metal from a soup can... that too have had several thousand corrosive shit rnds through the pipe.
You seem to have a very memed view of the khyber pass. Most khyber pass stuff, ak copies especially are really well made. Often on second hand purchased combloc tooling. It's not like every shop is making their own stuff usually, usually there's a village that specializes in making say the bolt and carrier, and a town over makes the barrels. These towns barter for gun parts along with other goods.

There are definitely beat to shit aks out in the pass, but most are very well taken care of, a gun out in that region isn't just for protection and fun, it's literally a sign of manhood. Having a beat to shit gun is gonna get you looked down upon.

A lot of people seem to think the guns sold to tourists are the guns they use themselves. Tourist guns and decoration guns are what people see pictures of and buy. Mostly because you wouldn't be able to pick out the normal khyber guns from non khyber.

Take one of the mags, drill it. Time yourself. Times that by 40. It will look like shit. Buy a dremel.

"Today on Pimp My Ak"

Attached: f75034cfcb0c0f0a6779a3ba085a30fc.jpg (1280x1563, 283K)

take out the spring and follower
drill 2 or three starter holes in a spot slightly off the line you want to cut
take the blade out of your hacksaw and put it in your starter slot
reassemble your saw
cut the windows you want
repeat as you run out of blade clearance

oh, if you wanted just one side windowed, wrap a hack saw blade in tape and just cut through the one side.

There's actually a lot of symbols and practical additions to that gun. Very neat. I've seen them on tribal guns in the middle east.

I immediately know the tasbi, the red bead chain, it's used by muslims to count their prayers. You are supposed to repeat certain prayers 33 times, and the tasbi has 33 beads or some multiple of 33. Usually either just 33, or 99.for a full set.

The cover on the butt is practical, since the dark wood gets fairly warm, plus having bandgage or cordage around is very helpful.

The bayonet is seen as a sign of respect for whatever reason, so it's actually common for the bayonet to be attached even if the gun is safed. I remember once me and my dad talked to an old guy in the village, for direction. The old guy was carrying a martini hunting stray dogs (pest control) and he had a bayonet on, some sort of short bayonet though.

those dots of color, i don't know but i've seen before. Not just color, but sometimes henna and designs with colors.

Those individual rounds, i have no idea, but i've seen that in person. I thought it was for suicide in case of capture, but suicide is haraam in islam.

Buy a dremel

TRUST ME.

Pic related

Attached: 1363163268756.jpg (2592x1936, 1.7M)

why didnt you clean it up with files?

Attached: 1518985355036.jpg (500x447, 55K)

Do you realize how fucking long that would have taken?

Hours. Days even.

Here is the next one I did, with a $30 rotary tool from Harbor Freight. Took like 10 minutes, only because the cutting disks only last a short period before busting.

I have a bunch of AK mags that have dents in them that prevent them from fully loading. Mag pictured only loaded 17 rounds before getting stuck, so I windowed around the general area of the dent. I have like 5 more mags with the same issue that I'm going to window.

Attached: winak.jpg (3024x4032, 1.27M)

why didnt you clean up that one with files?

>Busting discs
It's like you fags never used the fiberglass shatter resistant discs.

Get on my Level children

Attached: dremel-426B-RP-main__38361.1518649871.jpg (725x475, 50K)

LOL

bakes aren't as rare overseas, no import bs

it's pretty easy to bend them out with a closed socket wrench bowtie

eh, the big tube of regular ones was pretty cheap.

id rather just window them. I have about 30 assorted steels and bakes, so cutting a few doesn't matter

>Y-you'll get dirt in the magazine....

Nigga just wrap your mags in clear, transparent duct tape. Do you even nigger engineer?

Dremel products are a scam. They're over priced for what they are, they operate on the CAT marketing principal, they don't make that much money on the tools, they make money on the parts and accessories. Also dremels spin so fast your abrasive disk is gonna go fast no matter what. And the disks are so thin, you better be dead 90 or you're gonna shatter them.

stop buying shitty tools from harbor freight in attempt to save money

>He says as he endorses dremel
lel. I don't use toys, i use a die grinder.

Ive got no Idea why hes got bullets strapped to the front of his barrel.

Bubba, just buy a fucking see-through mag instead of making and ugly jammy hunk of shit.

I have two damaged ones I'm going to window because they don't operate properly. I do however want to get my hands on another bake and window it, it looks better.
>bakes are rare guys
lmao no.

Ironically it fixed up my rusty old Hungarian one that I did it to.
It also weighs less than my plastic ones (promag and polish).
It gives a nice tactile feeling of being able to feel how much you have left without moving to look.

Skelemags are the best mags.

Attached: 5719DE3A-FE33-4D88-90EA-C7CE3E16D58F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

>dremels suck shit when trying to cut a constant curve
you mean you suck shit with a dremel.

I don't understand the appeal of making your magazine incredibly susceptible to the elements.

I've seen it before. It's more common with single shots. No idea why they do it though.

Because not everyone likes what you like?

you're right. some people unironically like getting cucked or getting their balls bashed in.
you're free to like really fucking stupid things, but don't be surprised when people question you about them.

It does fucking nothing.
Believe it or not, the world isn’t a massive mud test and even a bit of shit on my ammo hasn’t stopped my AK.
It’ve dropped that mag into shit before and flung it in my gun.
Here’s a spoiler for ya; it worked.
Yes it was at the range and not running through Vietnam, but let me ask you this; when the fuck did I install a mud pit in my living room to fall in during that bump in the night?

Yes, and some people like to go into threads that they don't like and complain. I wonder why some people do that.

in the search of knowledge, friend. I simply wish to know why you'd ruin your magazine.

Because free will. Take it up with the lord.

>the touch is just not worth the squeez
what

You could pave every driveway in Russia with bakelite magazines and still have enough to keep the world going as if nothing happened.

hahahaah holy shit is pic related you?

Attached: tumblr_mm38pce4F31s3vx9yo1_500.jpg (500x669, 100K)

why does yours look so fucking nice but every one elses looks like shit? how did you make it look so nice?

Op go on and do it and make a window for the mag. Fun project

What the fuck is jammed in the muzzle

Attached: whatthefuckisjammedinthebarrel.jpg (987x494, 154K)

wrap transparet tape around it. ez

Poop?

>What the fuck is jammed in the muzzle
Not sure, probably just small rocks like the gun was put down or something. Probably not that big of a deal.

I have seen very decorative bore plugs, their used to prevent stuff entering the bore and creating an obstruction. I saw a very ornate one for a martini made of brass with ivory inlait, it was like a big bulb on the outside with a rod. It was attached by what i think is a brass chain to a barrel band.

Ofc that ak doesn't have anything like that it seems.

That's my guess too

How do you like that optic? I need to replace my plain old PK-A, it keeps blinking off from the recoil for some reason. I've had it for like five or six years.

bought a dremel guys, my dad wants one as well so he said he's gonna help me

Attached: ZYEg67J.jpg (562x999, 85K)

I took a nice picture of it.

I also hand deburred it.
I took sandpaper to the innards to ensure excellent feeding.
I chopped a decent amount out because I figured the lips were most of the way fucked so if it did warp or bend it didn’t fucking matter.

The mag walls really don’t seem to do that much for the rigidity of the magazine, so idk why people don’t take more out.

Attached: 4E3A4BE1-9BA3-4B53-AD3D-4C3E69F92DC8.jpg (2048x1536, 491K)