QTDDTOT

So I'm a eurofag and I've bought an airgun, now I've been trying to find ballistic data on most common pellets which includes ballistic coefficients but to no luck, anyone that knows of such lists or posseses them?

Attached: JPEG_20180713_222429.jpg (5056x3792, 3.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

hawkeoptics.com/chairgun.html
classicfirearms.com/enfield-rifle-4-mk1-bolt-action
airgunsofarizona.com/Calcs.html
armslist.com/posts/8607048/fort-wayne-indiana-rifles-for-sale--1941-sako-m39-finnish-mosin-nagant-for-sale-
youtube.com/watch?v=NZX7X3pJgH8
youtube.com/watch?v=GgF0X1zjLNY
youtube.com/watch?v=5PfNZPSvsAU
rustyzipper.com/shop.cfm?viewpartnum=257865&backtorow=15&jumpshow=0&SIZE=&ERA=ALL&TYPE=Jackets - Hunting&SEARCH=&GENDER=ALL
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how i shot web

Why doesn't my question deserve its own thread?

What model of BC?

I found this if it helps you
Because it rustles peoples jimmies when you do that

Attached: BallisticsCoefficient177Cal.jpg (640x760, 104K)

Perfect, thanks a lot

hawkeoptics.com/chairgun.html

What do?
(Its about 250)

Attached: 20180713_175520.jpg (4160x3120, 3.17M)

Crush it with mortar and pestle and snort a rail of it

Ill take thats as plan B

What kind of camo pattern am I looking at here?

Attached: 20180713_190749.jpg (357x634, 186K)

Is this overpriced? classicfirearms.com/enfield-rifle-4-mk1-bolt-action

You'd probably like this site.
airgunsofarizona.com/Calcs.html
Probably use the 2nd calculator down.
Use your pellet weight and lbs of energy your gun produces to calculate velocities etc.
I used it to gauge general velocities of different pellet weights in my gun.

How do you protect your guns from moisture? There's 74% relative humidity in my safe. Is a golden rod going to help enough?

Get some crystal kitty litter like MiMi at walmart or exsqui-cat at petsmart.
It’s pure silica gel just like what’s in desiccant packs, but wayyyyy cheaper by the pound.
Just pack an old tube sock full of it and microwave it for a minute or toss it into an oven on low for a while to make sure it’s good and dry, and put it in your safe. When the humidity starts climbing, microwave it again. The more you use, the better it works.

Is combining it with a golden rod a good idea?

I don’t see the point. I would just put an extra few pounds of silica in there and spend the saved money on ammo.
I would (and do), however, toss in some zerust. It works great.

I've got an old Remington model 11 and for some reason the link isn't tripping the safety sear for the trigger every time the bolt travels forward, not sure if it's just a worn out part or if i've forgotten to put something in properly.

So in order for the ATF to tell you whether or not a specific firearm would be interpreted to be in violation of any laws, you have to send them a physical example.
Is this a honeypot? What do they do in response if they find it is in violation?

what's a good but cheap single action revolver in 45lc that won't fall apart if I try to fan the hammer?

Attached: k finally uses their conceal carry.gif (500x300, 1.98M)

Why was it so common for US soldiers to only wear one kneepad or wear them below the knee backs in the 2000s?

Doesn't that kinda defeat the whole point of kneepads?

Attached: Drudge at war.jpg (960x648, 188K)

This.

Because service members were issued shit that had been hanging around in supply for decades. If you've never worn a pair, they start at your knees, and slide down every fucking step you take, until the end up ankle protectors.

They're annoying as fuck.

If you're a 07/02 SOT, they just send it back to you.
If you're a nonlicensee, they keep or destroy it, but you're off the hook.
Not sure for non-SOT FFLs or other SOTs.

These kneepads look fairly new, being printed with M81 Woodland camo and all that.

Attached: 10th Mountain Bagram 2001.jpg (968x681, 111K)

consider the following: what knee you kneel on doesn't matter.

You are forced, by the rules to put knee pads on. But you hate knee pads.

Solution: Put them on, then slide them down as soon as you’re out of sight of the crusty, rule making fuckhead. Slide them back up before you see him again.

Alternately, you might see value in a kneepad, but since you always take the same knee when shooting, no point in wearing two, so you just wear one.

>New
>M81

That design of kneepad is hot, thick, and overbuilt as fuck. This same design has been issued in reprinted patterns since the early 00s. Always sucks.

What fun would he use?

Attached: mangumpittsburgh.jpg (470x313, 27K)

My brother wants to buy a Lee-Enfield for his first rifle, is this a good choice or just a meme? I'm trying to talk him into getting something in the AR family because I think he will have more fun with it. He likes taking his guns down to the screws and has been a revolver guy thus far. Am I just being a dick or would he get more out of an AR?

Attached: 1200px-Short_Magazine_Lee-Enfield_Mk_1_(1903)_-_UK_-_cal_303_British_-_Armémuseum.jpg (1200x600, 72K)

An M16A2 with an M203 UGL, just like his beloved Anne

Attached: Delta Force Black Hawk Down Remaster DLC Content.png (1217x1138, 1002K)

Anyone know what model helmet this is?

Attached: tumblr_ogxcsuXA7e1rwjpnyo2_540.jpg (540x319, 32K)

Wasn't there a "boys with guns" thread? What happened to it? Why are "girls with guns" threads allowed buy not boys?

Fags get roped.

Uberti cattlemen

Depends what you want out of a rifle. I prefer older guns because of the historical value and the fact that they generally increase in price over time. If you just want to shoot and have the most accurate rifle, or put various attachments on it just for fun then go ahead with the AR15, but a Lee Enfield is a really cool old gun.

While military surplus rifles are outdated these days in terms of firepower they're still damn cool guns.

I want to get into the Yakuza series. Do I start with Kiwami or 0?

thanks

Attached: chicken stock.png (783x667, 1.19M)

How do I go about learning about guns? Been lurking on and off about a year now, mostly for stories. Now I want to actually learn what calibers mean, what makes a good gun from a bad one, why the meme guns are memes. I'm an idiot who wants to be slightly less of one.

In exchange, something from /co/

Attached: taskmaster1.png (1024x878, 179K)

armslist.com/posts/8607048/fort-wayne-indiana-rifles-for-sale--1941-sako-m39-finnish-mosin-nagant-for-sale-

Is this a bad price for this nugget?

>something from /co/
You're a degenerate faggot leave.

youtube.com/watch?v=NZX7X3pJgH8
youtube.com/watch?v=GgF0X1zjLNY
youtube.com/watch?v=5PfNZPSvsAU

Is it legal or reasonable to ask an out-of-state dealer to disassemble the magazines that come with a gun I buy from them?
I live in a state with cuck magazines but nobody here cares, and stores just sell disassembled mags to get around it. I've never tried buying a gun online that normally had proper sized mags before.

Any purpose to putting a flashcan on a handgun?

Also, I've got a G19 that came with a Kydex holster. I added a threaded barrel, and now it barely fits through the end. How would I go about using a heat gun to open up the end of the holster?

Fuck that's a good app, thanks a lot!

Some sort of frogskin/duck hunter

Vote red and you’ll start to get it.

consider the following
ww2 fought without kneepads

Just get an AR.

It seems high. Saw a Sako Finnish M39 in a Lubbock gun store for 400 about a year ago, it was pristine. The are nice rifles, in my opinion. There is a definite qualitative feel to them that Mosins do not have,

does anyone know any good reasonably priced online gunsmithing places? I want to get a savage 12fv and have the barrel cut down and threaded.

it's decent. most have been going for $500-600 on gunbroker at auction, not counting shipping and transfer fees

Why are cases made so much larger than the quantity of powder inside them? I understand leaving a little bit of space in them to allow for bullet options, but why not cut down the length of cases for weight savings in military applications?

Jow Forums discords? NJ area boi

case fill depends on the burn rate of the gunpowder used. slow burning powders can fill a case to 100% while faster burning powders may only fill the case to like 10% or less. There is a pressure spike when the round goes off and if it is too high it will blow the gun up or cause the case to stick in the chamber. The more empty space inside the case the lower this pressure spike will be.

they dont design the case to be filled to 100% because they don't only use one type of gunpowder, they use different powders for different loads and they want to have options for future powder development without having to design a whole new cartridge and get new guns if they want to switch to a new powder

In general, you'll only find significantly underfilled cartridges in really old cartridges (black-powder or early smokeless), where improvements in powder allows us to accomplish the same thing with less powder, or are deliberately underpowered loads (subsonics or target/plinking loads) for modern cartridges. (Reloaders love using tiny charges of pistol/shotgun powder for plinking ammo, because it lowers their cost per round.)

>modifying your holster
have fun with that ND into your crotch or thigh

Anyone use the online firearm auction or sales sites like gunsamerica? Do you just need an ffl lined up and you can play? Are the deals good?

Any real difference to running steel case vs brass case ammo in an SKS?

it's made to run on steel case. there are some cases of brass cased ammo getting stuck in the chamber and the extractor ripping the back off of it in sks's and aks since the extraction is so violent

>t. no guns
Okay kid. How'd you get past the parental restrictions on your iPad?

Any real possibility of any common firearms becoming illegal in the near future? I'm new to guns and I want to get an AR-15 and an AK, but I wanted to get my hunting guns first. I just don't want to miss my chance to pick up either of the former guns just because of gun grabbers. It may take me within a year to save up for both.

Attached: 1518209152171.jpg (900x868, 126K)

If it's anything like GunBroker, if your bid wins then you and the seller sort out all the FFL details after the fact. You don't need to have a FFL already lined up to bid, though it's a good idea to have one in mind to speed up the process after you win.

Any stock recommendations for Savage short action rifles? I just picked up a model 11 in .308. Gonna swap it to a heavy barrel and i want a better stock since the one it came with feels like a plastic toy.
>no thumbhole
I'm left handed. It's a RH action though. I was looking at the Boyd's At-one.

Very unlikely but to be safe I'd go for the former guns first. The market for hunting guns will be wide open for a long time but ARs and AKs are only going to get more cucked until we do something about it.

because most of these can be answered in one or two posts. if you have a 100 post question like that one about leverguns, then it's worth a thread

rustyzipper.com/shop.cfm?viewpartnum=257865&backtorow=15&jumpshow=0&SIZE=&ERA=ALL&TYPE=Jackets - Hunting&SEARCH=&GENDER=ALL

a few hundred more than i'd pay, but if that's what people are paying then that's what they're worth

i just bought a tiny dehumidifier

he should get what he wants

M40 SSH40 as far as i can tell

not bad from what i've seen lately

some will, some charge for it, some just keep the mags. call before you buy

Alternatively ask them for a discount if they keep the mags, maybe?

look up the handbook/manual for the weapon.
The individual charts are in there.
Power and ballistics are dependent on the weapon in case of airguns.

Not in the near term. If Trump somehow doesn’t get re-elected, things might turn real rocky. An upside is a solidly conservative SCOTUS majority which *should* be a stop against major overreach.

I’d expect in any case the guns themselves to be safe from the chopping block. What dems want right now are mag cap bans, binary trigger bans, private sale restrictions, ammo background checks. Shit like that. I’d be more about stocking up on mags & ammo in the next 2-6 years.

What is the Jow Forumsonsensus on the Hi-point Carbine in pistol calibers? Its seems like a nice gun for target practice and would be useful for home defense

Attached: HiPoint-380-Carbine-Left-Side.jpg (600x354, 39K)

Crush them to get the material off the wood and mix it with the stuff from sparklers. Wrap that in Mg ribbon and it should make a good ignition advice.

>what calibers mean
The size of the round you stick in the gun.
>what makes a good gun from a bad one
The company's quality control, practicality and usability of the design, weight and feel in your hand, and whether it satisfies the purpose you need it for.
>why the meme guns are memes
Because they are decent or even good, but nobody uses them.
Also, watch hicock45 videos.

They're better than their pistols, but unless you're buying their 10mm just for shits and giggles, I'd really recommend a Beretta or CZ carbine instead.

>target practice
sure, it goes bang every time you pull the trigger
>home defense
you're retarded

Attached: attack2-99.png (600x335, 225K)

What is he wrong about though?

hi points are fucking rock solid i don't care what anyone says. look up all the torture tests and shit on youtube. they never disappoint. if you get the carbine pick up the bullpup conversion tho so it wont look so ugly

Attached: High-Tower-Armory-LLC-Ruger-10-22-bullpup-stocks-and-accessories-660x225.png (660x225, 220K)

Should I save up for a cmp garand or a dsa fn fal? I like both for looks and historical reasons. The garand is just pure Americana but the FAL is pure floppy slottin. As far as why I want a battle rifle. I guess because they're cool and a little shtf larping. Though being realistic, an AR is the best shtf rifle since it's the most popular rifle in burger land.

Attached: a485a483241a2cf8d6000d052b3d34b1.jpg (500x667, 81K)

There's a word that starts with E that means a flat nosed projectile. I think. I also think there's a tripfag with this as his name. Does anybody know the word?

Attached: 1512149576043.jpg (750x746, 536K)

30 round 5.56 magpuls for 11 bucks at the range. Good deal or naw?

Meplat isn't quite what you describe, but probably what you're after.

That's right. Thank you

after 17 weeks i got my federal premium american eagle rebate and this faggot ass """ammo bag""" is literally less than half the size of the advertised bag. anything i can do to get less jewed by federal or is vista outdoor too nigger tier to allow that?

Attached: Untitled.png (553x839, 584K)

just because you can doesn't mean you should, there's tons of better options for a negligible price difference

My groups suck ass and I tend to go left and high. I stopped buying junk rounds and started using 147gr Federal, but I was hoping for some tips.

They're dirt cheap and perfectly serviceable, but ugly as homemade sin.
PCCs are fun to shoot, but there's some lively debate (which I'll summarize in a follow-up post or two) regarding their merits for home defense. Do note that a mag-in-grip PCC like the Hi-Point has a significant overall length advantage for the same barrel length vs. AR-9, Ruger PC Carbine, etc. -- this partially answers one of the criticisms below, and arguably makes the Hi-Point a better choice for home defense than an AR-9 carbine. But of course, single-stack magazines suck, so if you have the money, there's a good argument for a mag-in-grip carbine that takes glockazines (e.g. sub2k or mech-tech).

The strong point of PCCs for home defense
>the quietest non-suppressed gun
Advocates of intermediate-cartridge carbines (ICCs) suggest you keep electronic earpro with your home defense rifle, protecting your ears from both your own gunshots and those of the invader(s), who may not have been considerate enough to bring PCCs. It adds almost no time to your response, since you have to go get your gun anyway, and adds no time at all if the invader is literally on your heels as you dive for the gun, since you would choose to omit it and risk hearing damage.
PCC proponents counter that if you have a wife and kids in the next room, they may not be aware there's a threat until they hear your first gunshot, and even if they realize it, they're unlikely to have time to locate and don earpro.

The weak points of PCCs are
>weak terminal ballistics (relative to shotguns)
Thing is, each individual buckshot pellet is worse than a single PCC round, but taken together, a dozen or so are more effective than a single round. Magazine capacity and rate of fire are in the PCC's favor; taken together, it's arguably a wash.
If you're making 50% vital hits (under stress; we all do better at the range), you'll on average need to shoot twice with a shotgun, using a third of your gun's capacity to neutralize a single target. In the same time, you might dump 4-6 rounds from a PCC, making 2-3 hits (which is more comparable to a single shotshell hit), and using more or less a third of your magazine capacity. Like I said, pretty much a wash, you'll find people arguing both sides.
(1/2)

>weak terminal ballistics (relative to ICCs)
Inarguably true (with ammo intended for human-size targets); some PCCs (especially not straight-blowback) may partially compensate for it by being faster to dump on target, but still, they barely improve on handgun ballistics, while ICCs are in a whole different class.
>overpenetration (relative to ICCs)
Only with varmint ammo, which has underwhelming terminal ballistics on target; basically you can pick this or the prior point, depending on what you load in the ICC. It will beat the PCC on one while matching the other, but can't really win both at once by any appreciable margin.
>poor handling in tight hallways (relative to duty-sized handguns and braced pistols)
Depends what sort of house you live in, but note that a mag-in-grip PCC with a 16" barrel is comparable in handling to an AR-15 pistol with a 10.5 or 11.5" barrel. If you live in some kind of trailer, houseboat, or mobile home, there's a good case for a proper handgun (and CAR bullshit), but for normal people in normal houses, PCCs and AR-pistols are just fine, while 16.x" barreled ICCs, or 18.x" barreled shotguns, are gonna be a handful.
And of course long-gun advocates will point out that clearing a house alone is a good way to die; you should hunker down and wait for them to come to you. Unless, you know, your kids are getting raped in the far side of the house.
>price (relative to basically everything, by faggots who pretend Hi-Points don't exist)
They point out $300 ARs, $200 shotguns, and pretend that PCCs start from $500 sub2ks/AR-9s/Ruger PC/etc. If you point out the Hi-Point exists, they'll imply that owning one will melanize your skin. Buncha faggots.
Seriously, if you can't afford better, a Hi-Point, a bottom-dollar AR, or a Maverick 88 will do just fine for $300 or less.
If you can only afford a little better, it's true there's way more ICC/shotgun options in the $400 range than PCC
Once you get up to $600 or so, it evens out again.
(2/2)

How do I become more consistent, especially with a pistol?
I think over the course of the year I've had guns, my accuracy has generally gotten better, but I'm all over the place as far as the actual placement relative to the bullseye I'm shooting.
On top of that, sometimes I'll be landing relatively nice groups for 50 rounds, then it turns to complete shit, and then back eventually. Or I'll shoot a pretty tight group at 7-10yds, but can't even make paper at 25yd even though the target is the same relative size as the 7-10 yd one.

I've had several projects like this over the years. Everytime I've first looked online before giving up and just going local. Try a local machine shop if you haven't.

Things are looking good right now, but it's so easy to get burned. I thought Trump might screw us after Parkland. I'd get the AK or AR first to be safe. And atleast a couple of mags.

I'd go with an AR first because you never know. But if that isn't an issue, nothing makes me smile like my Garand.

Stop blaming your hardware and learn to shoot better.

Make sure you have proper grip, practice dry firing drills.

Switching to Federals improved my shooting, but thanks for your completely useless advice.

Trump is not pro-gun. But he isn’t actively anti-gun either. I think gun rights are far removed from what he thinks about day to day as priorities.

That means he will do small stuff that fucks us like pushing for the bumpstock ban, but he won’t be dogged about gun legislation as a centerpiece the way big name democrats are.

I expect if there are more high profile shootings under his watch, for him to potentionally respond with non-legislative means to tighten regulations on gray area stuff like arm braces. It sucks, but at least we live in a universe with a conservative SCOTUS majority. In the Hillary Clinton timeline, we’d be looking at a strong progressive SCOTUS and that shit would have haunted us with heavy fuckings for the next 50 years.

I was hoping one of these threads were in Jow Forums, seeing as I don't come here.
Thinking of buying a flintlock pistol kit online.
Wonder about some laws regarding them. I know federally they aren't considered firearms, so I looking for something more state level. I'll be buying it in CO, and moving to CA near the end of the year. So do I need to register it or anything like that, in either state?
Just if anyone knows anything in particular to these states, that'd be great.
Also, I'm not really planning on firing it or anything, so I'm not buying the powder, patches, or primer. I just think they're kinda cool, and it'd be fun to build.

Agreed. I'm voting for Republicans this November and will vote for Trump in 2020. I'm also trying to get others to do the same.

Cthulhu 2020 imo

are you sure your sights are mounted precisely and zeroed correctly? check that before anything else

I'll check on that. The local college had a business professor retire and he opened a gunsmith and shop up across town.
Thanks.

If you're just building it as what is basically a paperweight, don't worry about legalities.

Ok, thanks for the response.
It will still have the ability to fire technically, I'm not going to get the stuff to fire it any time in the near future.
Also, I spose I could just say it doesn't have the ability to fire, not like anyone's really gonna know.