SHTF - Best Case Scenario

Post shit that'd be ideal to have in a societal collapse scenerio. I'm about to go on a shopping spree, but have no idea where to start as I have little experience with guns and knives and lack the research that some of you preppers have conducted on various products.

>Shoes that have durable treads, maximum mobility and comfort
>Guns that are reliable and use ammo that is extremely easy to find
>Knives that are comfortable and durable
>Backpacks that are waterproof and won't fuck up your back
>Anything else you'd want to add

Feel free to explain why you chose what you did, any advice or help is appreciated

Attached: DoomsdayDan.jpg (665x385, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zJtB7RIknks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I read that as
>I am about to go on a shooting spree

Attached: 1531375776311.jpg (1080x1080, 98K)

Same. Def reporting this shit.

Best case scenario would be 500+ acres with flowing streams, good soil, partially cleared, and no mosquitoes.

Every one will bug out and shoot each other innawoods, if they're not shot on the highway buy looters.

Bugging in is better, especially if you live in a low/medium pop area.

First, think about fortification. Heavy locks for doors and fences. Precut plywood reinforced with 2x4s that you can quickly put over all your windows. Sand bags you can fill with dirt or sand to absorb bullets up against the walls, because drywall is thin. Fortification is important. Get a shovel for your sandbags. Just imagine "what if I am under siege" and go from there.

Supplies. Stock up on ammo. Allot of ammo.

Drop $500 - $1000 on food. You can buy buckets full of dehydrated food with a 50 year shelf life. Keep it elevated off the floor.

Buy big jugs of distilled and sealed water. Allot of them. Water is life. You need to drink, cook, and clean. Do your own math.

Toilet paper. Allot of fucking toilet paper. Shit will be worth gold. Other hygiene products come second.

Fuel. Consider buying jerry cans or 50gal drum barrels for fuel.

This is just for your essentials.
You can always get real into it with gas masks, bunkers, solar panels, 100 acers, NBC air filtration systems, ECT but in reality it's not practical for the average person.

Fortify and supply. Bunker down.

You die.
Everyone dies.
Except for Roger.
Roger is that crazy old guy, the skinny one with the six pack who hangs out by the river. Roger fishes in the river and eats geese. Roger survives until winter. Then Roger dies too.

>shopping spree
Literally the worst idea for prepping, every "sensible prepper" knows that prepping is not a one day endeavour.
Look at what you have right now and decide what are you gonna prep for and how long etc. etc.
Then research about the things that you will NEED and NOT your WANTS, the wants are basically tacticool mall ninja shit that companies make to get rich of the "prepper" fad.
Then finally buy your shit, preferably when they're on sale.

And PLEASE don't blow your money in one day on "10,000 LUMEN FLASHLIGHT THAT CAN KILL A BEAR" or "THE ULTIMATE PREPPER DRAGON DILDO YOU WILL NEVER NEED A GUN AGAIN!" types of shit.

some of you are alright. Don't go to the moon tomorrow

>fuel
An user mentioned in another thread that fuel only keeps for a year, so wouldn't it be pointless to store gas unless you were caravaning?

I will attend Roger's funeral mother hubbard

I'm not necessarily talking about all the supplies. Just stuff I'd have on me at all times, my go to shit

>10,000 LUMEN FLASHLIGHT THAT CAN KILL A BEAR
I want

Have fun getting raided by a mob of bandits

This but buy that shit secretly and dont tell anyone about it OPSEC is important as soon as SHTF and your neighbors know you have prepped guess who is gonna come knocking on your door

Also i recommend you read selcos story of surviving in bosnia for a year during total collapse many good things to consider that you might not have

There are additives you can add to stored fuel every year which prevent it from "going bad".

Up to you whether you want/need to store gasoline for whatever phantasy you've cooked up.

>fuel
The additivesin gasoline will se5le or break down after about a year or so, but diesel will store indefinitely. At least until your can/drum/tanker gets shot full of holes.

I doubt bandits would be searching through rural farmlands for stuff to pillage. They'd do what bandits have historically done, rob on main thoroughfares and in settled areas where there are guaranteed targets.

If you get a .40 cal glock you can get a 9mm barrel that drops in. If ammo gets hard to come by you can at least have the option. .22 bullets are great to have for barter. A good air rifle is quiet and will kill small game all day. Money can’t buy skill though, it’s far more important to practice with your tools than to just buy them. Take a weekend and shut off the main breaker in your house, after three days it will be very obvious what you will need to fill your preps

wasn't the bosnia story confirmed to be bull shit?

No. The bullshit claim is bullshit.

I'm gonna include some Bosnian War survivor advice here.

Attached: 1525843444752.jpg (1489x2935, 1.47M)

>selcos story of surviving in bosnia for a year during total collapse many good things to consider

Generic bullshit that you can find on any prepper forum. Beside the fact his story has been debunked, there’s also the issue that we don’t live in Bosnia. Cultural and regional differences are a thing. Track down Katrina stories if you’re looking for info that’s actually relevant.

Yes

Bullshit. USAF humanitarian mission logs don’t support that particular story.

my mother tells everyone she meets that i have a 55 gallon drum of water and a few months worth of food at my house.

You know what you have to do.

You’re gonna shill for a business that depends on a compelling story to sell its product to gullible tards. There’s no secrets of the universe being revealed in these classes, is just story time. Every shtf event in history has impacted access to only 6 things;
-food
-water
-shelter
-security
-medical care
-communications

You don’t need a Bosnian snake oil salesman to tell you that while lightening your wallet.

>"""""""city""""""" of 6000 people
>Stalingrad-tier ruin-hopping
>block-to-block fighting, constant fear of Bosnian snipers
>USAF never dropped aid or supplies to any Bosnian enclave that small
He should've claimed to be in Sarajevo or Gorazde or something if he was gonna peddle this bullshit.

As it stands, there's plenty of very relevant shtf info to gain from reading up on the Yugoslav Wars. Just not from a dude who runs a survival school and is clearly trying to sell you shit.

He's lying. Stop posting this.

Attached: e59.gif (450x338, 983K)

>never specifies the "city" he lived in
And I have yet to see a single thing he's written wherein he actually flat out says what town/village (I will not call that a city) he lived through all this in. That's so he doesn't have to give any verifiable information and can simply use any and all horror stories from the war.

Attached: Naw.gif (281x295, 2.97M)

Get an AR if in the US (inb4 the contrarian faggots) and a handgun in 9mm. Easy foods are bagged/binned rice and beans. Don't forget water.

Attached: ef3.jpg (720x693, 112K)

>Best Case Scenario
A well-armed community that comes together and applies their collective knowledge to form a self-sustaining village that can maintain their own food, water, and medical stocks, drive off most forms of trouble that comes their way, and maintain communication with the outside world to call for and offer help.

Literally the opposite of what actually happens. Think like a criminal for a second - would you rather target a house with a bunch of close neighbors and frequent passerby, or an isolated house in the woods far from any eyewitnesses, where your crew can be bold and take their time clearing the place out, the occasional gunshot or two is normal, and it'll take days if not weeks before someone notices that the Johnsons are missing? Rhodesian farmers with heavier firepower than you, fortified compounds, a police officer stationed at their home, and a panic button that would summon a rapid response military unit kept on standby couldn't make living in rural areas during SHTF work. This guy is right. Go to almost any war-torn third world shithole and the most dangerous areas are the boonies - you might get mugged in town, but isolated farmhouses are where the "In Cold Blood" or Apache warpath-tier home invasions accompanied by rape/murder/torture fests happen. Bandit groups and guerillas set up shop in rural areas because it's where they're hardest to dislodge and are surrounded by soft targets.

Attached: 1531236597294.jpg (2000x1944, 1.46M)

great stuff, especially the toilet paper and shovel/sandbags, but what do if you live in a noguns/noammo place like england? I do have a sword though lmao

Attached: what-are-you-buying-stranger.png (500x1030, 180K)

youtu.be/zJtB7RIknks

Bugging in would be great if your house is made of C-Block or Brick.
Most homes are paper thin= which means against a group of looters, you're fucked.

Every SHTF scenario is different and should be handled on case by case basis.

Attached: 1531571778616.png (640x757, 358K)

>I'm new

Buy a Mossberg or a battle rifle in 7.62 NATO, a crapload of ammunition, and a goddamn TON of shelf stable food and first aid supplies. Practice and study; ipsa scientia potestas est.

>Fuel. Consider buying jerry cans or 50gal drum barrels for fuel.

K1 kerosene. You can run lanterns, heaters, and stoves on it, it isn't volatile, and it keeps indefinitely.

Cut ties and move.

You seem rather knowledgable.

What kind of shoes would you want to be wearing when SHTF? Sneakers, hiking shoes, boots? Ideally something that'd be comfortable and durable

Why is Putin using rifle of imperialist pig?
Why not nugget?
Why not glorious Kalashnikov?