Berreta m92s

user from last week here, finnaly got my surplus 92s in. I love it and I was surprised at how good the condition is. Thought I was going to get a lemon but man its a beauty.

Attached: 37059031_10216702763665741_1425524775396048896_n.jpg (540x960, 38K)

The beauty of police surplus guns is that they're cheap because of all the holster wear, but rarely if ever fired enough to be anywhere near worn out.

Plus they're going to be maintained by an armorer, and in the case of these berettas, inspected by beretta (with worn parts replaced) prior to import

Mine has minimal holster wear and no wear on the internals. Probaly has less than 500 through it but damn. Compared to some of the lemons 92s, i have scene. I luck the fuck out.

God damn, I want one now.

$300 on classic

>italian heel mag release
into the trash it goes.

Southern Ohio gun had them for just under $250, not sure if they still do. JG sales had them for $250, but shipped cheaper to me

Bought mine on classic for 320. 20 for that hand picked option but It was worth it.

>implying you'd throw a functioning firearm into the trash
Almost believable if you can't appreciate the history and aesthetics of an older beretta 92 at the price point these came in at

More pic from OP
Also half the reason i bought mine was, i like the looks of the 92s. Its got a classic 70/80s feels to it and it quenched that berreta itch i got.

Attached: 20180713_211836.jpg (2576x1932, 1.19M)

How do these compare to an M9 or 92FS? I’m on a military marksman team and we complete with issued M9s, so I’ve been thinking about grabbing one due to the price point. Idc about the heel mag release

Is the trigger similar? Frame the same shape?

They are fairly similar. Its smoother all around, no grip cuts in the frame only, the grip panels have grip texture. All else is smooth and the heel release is ok.

>Is the trigger similar? Frame the same shape?
Yes, to both. If the heel mag is a non issue biggest downside are the sights.

If you honestly paid $300 for it, you overpaid. Those italian police trade ins have been coming in for years and just a few weeks ago CFS had then for $210.
They aren't bad guns, heel releases just suck for CC. If you bought it for the history and cool factor then good on you.

Wheres a good place to get one? I don't want to be jipped by niggers

>If you honestly paid $300 for it, you overpaid.
I didn't
>heel releases just suck for CC.
I certainly didn't purchase mine with intention of CC

Police surplus best means to get into hasguns.

Where is it import marked

I bought mine off of classic for 320 after all said and done. I dont regret it one bit. Better condition than I thought.

see by the guide rod

although I'm not going to touch on whether or not a 92 is a good choice for CC, I'm not sure that heel mags are legitimately a concern for CC

I got one today. Surprised to see this post. Bought mine at local gun shop. Love it. Going to possibly fire a few rounds tomorrow evening. I actually like the mag release. Most of my shooting is done with a Ruger MK1 and it has a heel release as well although not quite the same. My hand still goes in the same spot instinctively.

I dont mind the heel release for the sole reason of being left handed, so when I go to reload, I hit the mag release with my right hand and rip the mag out at the same time while holding the gun in my left hand.

Don’t talk to me or my wife’s nephew again.

Attached: 654F3512-A3F2-4814-9442-749290931A69.jpg (2592x1936, 1.44M)

Pics of the one I got at my local shop. Its been totally disassembled and its like new inside. no wear, where the slide rubs the frame at all. feed ramp on barrel is like new. rifling is sharp and new.

Attached: WP_20180713_001.jpg (1632x918, 279K)

>I'm not sure that heel mags are legitimately a concern for CC
If you cant imagine a potential scenario where a heel mag could be a problem in a defensive situation, then you haven't put any effort into being a responsible firearm owner.

Starting to realize, a lot of people on k who own guns own berretas..

next pic

Attached: WP_20180713_003.jpg (1632x918, 261K)

and another angle.

yea they are awesome thas

Attached: WP_20180713_002.jpg (1632x918, 223K)

[spoiler]They are really aesthetic desu and I know this might seem lame but my interest in them years ago was spurred by Resident Evil

oops auto posted and cut me off.

they are awesome thas why

$235 shipped from numrich iv vg cond.
Kinda sad about the anemic ejection, but no jams after 100rds

Attached: 15315328294491093800367.jpg (4032x3024, 3.69M)

I notice mine has no import markings.. What gives?

Not same user but never CC’d before but want to now that I live in a free state. Why is heel mags (release?) bad?

Attached: image.jpg (638x964, 729K)

Its not bad. It is just different then the usual placement of the mag release button. If you are familiar with your pistol and practice then its all your personal preference. most people are just use to the mag release being by the trigger guard.

user it should have import marks. Maybe different importers put it in different spots. Yours could be on the inside of your gun??Ya their are peak aesthetic guns, love that cold war gun feel on the 92s.

If you're planning to shoot 31 silverbacks in a defensive situation it might slow your reload down

I'm the guy you replied to.
the main real problem with heel mags is they are only really suitable for two handed reloads. situations. In a scenario where you can't use a second hand due to immobilization or whatever your brain can come up with, the heel mag release requires you to position your hand on the gun in such a way to hit the mag release that the firearm becomes inoperable, and then needs re-positioning to obtain a shooting grip again.
I will admit that this isnt going to be a very likely scenario but it is something you should consider when looking for a CC gun.

In short, you want a CC gun that can entirely be operated with a single hand, as well as reloaded.

how do you get the mag in the gun with only one hand?

How do you reload a pistol with 1 hand? Like, at the end of Way of the Gun or something?

it's the autims, user

Attached: spaghetti and croatian meatballs.jpg (2576x1932, 1.52M)

you use your face to pound it in with

Ask your assailant for help. If he's a gentleman he'll certainly oblige

Hmm I wonder why

Attached: lethal weapon.png (908x1378, 2.4M)

It must be autism andAll those 80s and 90s action flicks.

That's because the 92 series is both cheap and high quality

I will agree, how the fuck did those wops do it?

Nice choice user, my fs is the best handgun I've ever shot

Attached: Screenshot_20180628-181303_Gallery.jpg (2220x1080, 1.02M)

you guys can't be fucking serious

>oldest firearms company in the world
>centuries of innovation
gee, i wonder.

Yes explain it to me senpai I really want to know.

They’re fucking good guns that’s why. Beretta has been making firearms for like five centuries so they should know a few things.

Attached: 314BB16A-A878-4A3C-9371-8775972CCE1E.jpg (507x597, 58K)

If they're such (((innovators))) why dont they ship a 92FS with a G decocker from the factory

why would they make a 92FS

(((lawsuits)))

Please tell me about these lawsuites. What do you mean cause i have no idea.

their jewish

How the fuck did you get an RMR on there?

Attached: BerettaSuppressed1.jpg (1177x784, 427K)

>dindu shoots his whyte bitch in the head
>Officer i dint mean it, the gun just went off. the safety don't work.
>jews sue Beretta

do you have the autisms

>why dont they ship a 92FS with a G decocker from the factory

Just what the fuck do you think a Beretta 92G is? Fucking moron.

Attached: 1428442745992.jpg (429x410, 40K)

HAHHAAHAH BTFO!

I've never seen one on sale

Im confused, whats the fuss with these lawsuits. Stop giving me bullshit and give me a solid answer.

see

BASTE

Beautiful pistol. Very nice.

I just realised this has a loaded chamber indicator!

Also where is a good place to find pic related? I have a police rig because i like to larp as a cop.

Attached: wm_4927805.jpg (480x640, 33K)

Well shit.

>tfw have babby hands and will never be able to comfortably own and shoot a 92
Hold me, Jow Forums.

I have slightly small hands (not baby hands though) and the 92 with ultra-slim g10 VZ grips is honestly the gun that fits my hand best. Give it a try before you give up on the 92 series.

Got a mounting plate for the rear sight dovetail. Works great. Tons of manufacturers, but mines made by brownells

How much is sog shipping rates?

Yeah...

The same prop 92 was used in both movies.

Attached: diehardposter_776x.jpg (776x1196, 131K)

cool man. I lve mine. Fun as hell.
only complaint i could have is the sights are minimal as fuck. but they work for me i guess

Attached: 92.jpg (2016x1512, 878K)

Was really thinking about picking up an FS, but these surps have my attention. If I picked up a 92s, if there anything I'd be missing out on that the FS just has or does better?

Attached: womanDriver.gif (400x400, 1.64M)

nah, for me it was from Playing Resident Evil for the first time around back in about 1999

Attached: resident evil.jpg (1920x2160, 1.03M)

But user, how could that be. On lethal weapons cover you posted is a fs while on the die hard cover is the 92s.

Heel release and the sights are miled into the slide on this compared to the fs, I went with the s model. Just for the cold war era feel.

This too. The resident evil series always made me want one

They don't tell you until after you order which is pretty shitty. I haven't purchased from them since they had the $80 Chinese mosins but it was about $25 to ship two if I remember correctly

Thats kinda fucked up, atleast classic told me my shipping cost beforehand.

I wanna buy one. But dont wanna get a beat up one any suggestions? Classic or from where.

Got mine from classic and paid the extra 20 for hand select, Some people get barley used ones, that look great and some get lemons.

I guess it's all about the luck of the draw haha

Postan in a Beretta thread

Attached: 92s 1.jpg (5344x3006, 3.53M)

Still looks great even with a worn finish. Not all guns can pull that off.

My first fun. I still haven't shot it yet because reasons, but that'll hopefully change next week.

Attached: 20180701_161219.jpg (4032x3024, 3.88M)

They can hardly even sell the milsurp ones anymore because by the time they get to the market, a new barrel (which you will need) is more expensive than the worth of the pistol itself. These fuckers take tens of thousands of rounds, it's amazing.

Not all need a new barrel. Mine had less than 500 rounds through, no barrel wear what so ever. Other might be different.

Just bought a 92fs, anything you guys recommend replacing or upgrading on it?

samurai edge grip panels

Skeletonized hammer, get a g( or d?) spring kit, replace the plastic parts with metal ones.

Don’t buy from beretta store or gun stores without checking prices on ebay first. Can find the packaged brand name new parts on ebay a fair bit cheaper without the huge lgs markup.

Thats obviously mandatory, but I also bought a steel guide rod to replace the plastic one it came with. Is there anything else I should look into switching out?

I ordered the competition hammer spring from Dave olhasso and a steel guide rod. Is there any other plastic parts that need to be switched out?

Does the other m9 and m92 parts work in the 92s. Our part common among eachother.

Trigger is surprisingly plastic too.
Don’t have a 92s so can’t compare, sorry.