Upcoming Metal Gear Solid movie

So here is recent concept art for the movie, sorta. So Jow Forums, you like various military a e s t h e t i c s, what do you think about it, and what do you expect in term of weapons, military vehicles and equipment?

Me, personally? I think its shit. I hate generic operator tacticool stuff nowadays. Fuck it. I want pure 90s. I want goddamn FAMAS. I want large blocky LAM on godawful Mk23 SOCOM.
>REEEEEE!!!!!11111

Attached: 15315016208810.jpg (1024x434, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/1017781919067574272
youtube.com/watch?v=GJ885wc055g&list=PLsiaLSJMPwj-7GTqB_kpil7d6tDayWR4c&index=2&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cringe.

N A N O M A C H I N E S

>So here is recent concept art for the movie, sorta
Is it concept or sorta? It's already stupid, having a metal gear in the open where satellites can take pics of it easily.

Looks kinda meh.

>Is it concept or sorta?
Looks like its fan-art, but its in director`s twitter.

twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/1017781919067574272

Filmmakers used to look at lot of such art for inspiration, IMO.

MALE TO FEMALE HAMBURGERS

S O N

>generic runway
>generic tacticool special forces operators
>LIGHTS
>a metal gear to remind you that it's MGS

Literally more generic than Transformers.

>MGS movie

oh fuck no

This, the generic multicam opscore helmet with JPC aesthetic is so overdone. I want the classic 90's mecha anime art direction back.

>Literally more generic than Transformers.
I am afraid that it will end like this - with generic bayformer action film. Even "13 hours" is alike. Just another bearded tacticool operators with sopmods, mk18 etc etc

Flight suits and flak jackets, MGS1 outside of a 90s setting is just wrong.

I always thought it was a wetsuit with gray BDU pants worn over the legs added later during development to avoid having to contour Snake's ass. It might make sense to have an extra layer in Alaska, but then again he got some sort of injection to prevent cold weather injuries. I don't know.

MGS1 was made in 1998 and depicted alternate reality 2005.
MGS2 was made in 2001 and depicted alternate reality 2009.
MGS4 was made in 2008 and depicted alternate reality 2014.

In all this dates there are too many differences in real world weaponry and equipment, and I just cant imagine to see modern tacticool aesthetics and guns. It will be wrong.

Attached: Metal-Gear-Solid-4-Guns-of-the-Patriots-PS3.jpg (1920x1080, 539K)

Metal Gear movie?

Shit, if I wanted to watch a Metal Gear movie I'd just "play" MGS2 again.

>Because of the looooooooooong cut scenes

Attached: 3FQLmyj.jpg (1080x1080, 161K)

Anyone who's looking forward to this obviously doesn't remember what Konami did to Silent Hill.

>skinsight Evangelion plugsuits with ALICE or MOLLE webbing
Done.

This, I'll never forgive Konami for what they did to silent hill

>Guys, look how unique and original my commentary is! No one has shared this opinion in the 17 years since it came out! Haha, oh, hey, guys, "Luke, I am your father!" I'm original!

I've wanted this movie for decades now. There is no possible way it will live up to those expectations, especially considering the only good video game movie ever was mortal kombat. Only thing that would excite me is a movie based on the first 8bit metal gear, with Keanu Reeves as big boss.

too many movies about similar concepts,
we wanna see something new.

Attached: finally a video I can relate to.png (215x213, 60K)

>I want goddamn FAMAS.
This right here.
Whatever that man is carrying, it is WRONG.

>with Keanu Reeves as big boss.
You know that they retconned plots, and now Solid Snake and Big Boss are clones, so you also need young Keanu as Solid?

Solid and Liquid aren't 100% clones, they have some DNA from the egg donor.

Why they have similar faces, and share the likeness with their "father"?

Attached: 1531531533388.jpg (384x384, 23K)

because mgs lore is more confusing than your childhood

They actually have some Asian traits, due to their biological mother being Japanese.

It's the Sin

BB was also half japanese

I swear if they actually make this turkey I'll eat my own head

Attached: dense mother.jpg (600x494, 42K)

But the Silent Hill movies are arguably the best adaptations of their source.

Now for the real questions.
Who the fuck would even play Snake?
>Jon Bernthal
Whoever it is needs to rock a five-o-clock shadow and strike a good balance between genetically engineered autism and 90's era special forces attitude.

Meant to say "inb4 Jon Bernthal"
He's a shit

David Hayter
Unless he's too old. I feel bad acting would only help the performance.

Attached: SolidSnakeandBigBoss.jpg (1218x595, 170K)

Please explain to me exactly why you think the mortal kombat movie was even worth watching, because you are wrong

There isn't a very high standard when you're talking about vidya movies, but at least mk was close to the games. I'll give you the fact that it should have been R-rated for sure, but I was a kid anyways when that shit came out so I overlooked the lack of gore at the time. It definitely wasn't fine art by any means, but at least it was better than the van damme street fighter (even though that movie is so bad it's good).

MK movie (first one) was the legit gold standard for video game movies for quite awhile. I have the novelization of it from way back and it's a fun read.

Scott Eastwood it is

Attached: -media-7815778-los-eastwood-1.CACHE-620x305-crop.jpg (620x305, 101K)

Well there is also Sutherlands. But...

Nah.

Attached: n4z5x5HyPG1.jpg (500x536, 100K)

Sutherland can stay the fuck away from Metal Gear
Him voicing Punished Snake is pushing it already.

I better see Punished Snake killing child soldiers...

Attached: 306.png (540x356, 257K)

>Kojima obsessed with movies
>drive him to leave the shit company

>Make a Metal Gear movie after he's gone just to spite him

Why would anyone want this? Especially after Metal Gear Survive, Nazi Zombies but Metal Gear?

a metal gear movie that's a fill in for a game would be cool as fuck and you're wrong for not agreeing

Metal Gear has always been tacticool, it's just that tacticool has changed from the 90s to today.

They were okay.

MGS has always had a very unique art direction thanks to Shinkawa. Replacing that with a set up ripped off from the LARPing nerds in the /gq/ threads is gay.

You've got a way to fall

I've met him, he's pretty cool.

The soundtrack. Also because they didn't fall into the trap of trying to make the movie's story a 1-to-1 rendition of the video game. That's how writers fuck up. The story was solid, the acting was solid for an action movie, the fight choreography was decent, and the soundtrack was amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=GJ885wc055g&list=PLsiaLSJMPwj-7GTqB_kpil7d6tDayWR4c&index=2&t=0s

Hell, the guy who played Shang Tsung loved his role so much that he played it again in the webseries.