Just turned 18 and would appreciate advice on first fun to buy

Just turned 18 and would appreciate advice on first fun to buy

>low on funds so low price would be best
>18 so no pistols
>in Texas so pretty based laws
>only nuggets are hella overpriced in pawnshops in local area

Attached: 98627A51-BE8A-463F-973B-2D561C31DB24.png (200x200, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UTfZSNogbV0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A basic AR? You can put all kinds of upgrades and furniture on it when you get more money and are more familiar with it.

see: Delete thread and use catalog faggot.
Lurk for at least a year before you post again.

Buy a .22lr semiautomatic rifle. Get it for under 200.
The .22lr is gonna be the absolute cheapest round you can fire, with buckets of 1400 being as low as sixty bucks.
Get a used beater and learn to get good shooting on that, so when you eventually buy something cool you appreciate it.

Been illegally lurking since I was 16, but finally decided to post now I can contribute

I heard that since a lot of pistols shoot .22 that I actually can’t buy it considering the “no buying pistol ammo until 21” law

You can buy pistols at 18 in TX, just not from an FFL

either have a relative buy it for you or seek someone locally.

As for rifles, desu a .22
I love the shit out of my ruger; cheap as dick to shoot, accurate, basically the whole shpeel anyone gives about .22
If you want something bigger, get yourself an AR. Building one might prove difficult since you can't buy a lower without having it gifted.

.22lr is .22 LONG RIFLE
you can buy it, as long as you don't say "gee whiz can't what to load up my handgun with these" to the guy checking you out.

Here's my guide just for people like you, user: youtube.com/watch?v=UTfZSNogbV0

Used old model Marlin 60 150~USD
Spend rest of money on ammo.

Shameless plug is accepted

Ruger 10/22 or a CZ 452/ CZ 455 for .22 rifles

If you're on a budget, a shotgun is the only answer.

Buy a used Ruger 10/22. They're everywhere. Just shop around til you find one for around 150 or less.. It's a good first gun to own and accessorize and cheap to shot. It'll get you by til you can squirrel away more money. I recommend also getting a Mossberg 500 or 590 later on. You can find them decently priced used for around 200 or less. Focus on the basics, the meme rifles will come naturally later. I'm in East Texas. Good luck.

Attached: 1531247328763.png (453x604, 394K)

In all seriousness if that becomes a problem then just buy your ammo online, you'll get a better deal anyway.

That only happens if either you say it's for a handgun or the person selling it feels particularly autistic.

Is it easy to get some dude to sell me a handgun when it’s a private sale? Idk I’d imagine some boomer would refuse to sell it to me cause my age

You actually can buy a pistol from a private party.

Did you build up a sweat typing that, keyboard warrior?

Video kind of sucked.

Where in East TX?

Op here, I personally live in central Texas, I pretty much live right next to fort hood. Idk if that helps