Hello Jow Forums, I found this small handgun and wonder what it is (caliber seems .25). Can you help ?

Hello Jow Forums, I found this small handgun and wonder what it is (caliber seems .25). Can you help ?

Attached: 1531537997228463318399556298937.jpg (3968x2976, 3.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EFXsl4zSIY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The other side.

Attached: 15315381450402486516930081249937.jpg (3968x2976, 3.06M)

It should say on the other side, otherwise it's a clone of a Browning best pocket

That's the same side.

I think it's a spanish made copy of the colt 25 acp vest pocket. I'm only judging based on those curved slide slots kinda like the ruby 32 acp, also the lack of grip safety.

Can you post other side? I wanna see if it has a rotating safety. Any markings?

True other side, sorry.

Attached: 15315387922685048142780975688109.jpg (3968x2976, 2.88M)

Take a photo of it in your hand.

Attached: 1530659759072.png (1537x769, 82K)

I am white indeed.

Attached: 15315389763465140092499649661185.jpg (2976x3968, 2.6M)

Yup, spanish copy of browning model 1908 vest pocket.

The safety rotates about 100 degrees for on or off, also you see that cut in the grip above the panel? that's the disconnector bar for semi auto disconnect and also out of battery safety.

How much did you get it? and where? Take it apart.

My government said no 25 and 32 acp pistols for me. Even though i love their charm. ;_;

Closest thing I can find is a "Destructor", which seems to be a 1920's Spanish Browning clone. They seem to have the same scalloped slide grips as OP's pic

Thank you for your helpful comment.
My country has very strict gun laws, and i believe that conceilable firearms such as this one cannot be acquired by a civilian.

I found it in an open car in which a friend and I were sheltered from the rain. It was a cool sight, and I couldn't bring myself to put it back. Besides, it is very dirty, so probably not used a lot.

It's a Spanish ruby .25 browning copy

>very dirty so not used alot
Are you an inept?

Completely, why ?

>I found it in an open car in which a friend and I were sheltered from the rain.
what the fuck is the story here.

Such things happen on long and boring nights.

I am trying to take it apart and cannot seem to be able to rotate the cannon enough to do so. Any suggestions ?

>That pitting

Attached: 130802412800120110725-22047-87ttgt.gif (645x773, 8K)

>I broke into a car and stole a gun I found there.

Classy OP. I was right. You're not white.

This is what I meant by "dirty" : it is corroded, the wooden parts were rotating and movable, and some metal part underneath one of them is broken.

>rotate the cannon

Attached: 56AE512D-CB6A-410E-8393-2B06A7D1EF4B.jpg (600x611, 40K)

I know it is shameful, but try to walk in my shoes : pushed by the circumstances into this car, where you find a gun while having always dreamt about having one, wouldn't you have taken it like me ?

In videos, I believe that I see the guys do that. I am wrong, but then how do I take the uppermost part apart ?

Hold up.
Let me ask you this; was this car owned by someone?
And which country is this?
Was it an old man you stole from?

Perhaps OP has liberated this armament from someone such as a drug dealer or mugger who would have gotten the gun confiscated and melted down.
As it stands it is in good hands.

Take off the grip panels (there should be a screw in each of them)

DO. NOT. LIFT THEM UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARENT DOVETAILED INTO THE FRAME.
Then post pics.

I’ll look to see if there’s anything else.

The car was parked at the entrance of a ghetto neighborhood, I don't know if the word is correct. I do not know who it belonged to, the car was just open.

Judging from this you may have to rotate the safety to a certain point and pull it out.

You also might be able to rotate the barrel when the slide’s at a certain point.
I have no fucking clue how you’d get the slide off.

Here is the side where it is broken.

Attached: 1531542159054818815176573214991.jpg (3968x2976, 3.08M)

Hmm. What country?

"Barrel", this is the word I was looking for. This is what I tried to do, but it feels too dirty to properly rotate.

France.

You mostly likely don’t have it properly lined up with the notch in he slide.
This method of barrel retention is very finicky when it comes to disassembly.

I’m searching around to see if I can find a full disassembly tutorial, but for now might I recommend the use of a pencil pressed into the muzzle of the barrel as a makeshift handle while you hold the slide back?

Also, i’m Assuming you’ve properly cleared the firearm, correct?

Also, probably a dumb question, but have you been locking the slide back while rotating it, or just holding it back with your hand?

I did.
I tried to follow your advice with the pencil, but everytime the barrel rotates, the slide comes back, no matter the position of the security lock.

Interesting.
Having done that, does the safety wiggle when you attempt to rotate the barrel?

It does not. It stays absolutely still.

Got it.
Then it really is a rotating barrel method of assembly.
That or something else fucking freakish.
But that shit aside we need to figure out where things line up.
If you flip the gun so you’re looking down the magazine well and you look at the edge of the slide that protrude over the edge of the frame, do you see a bit of the slides rails cut away?

Or, perhaps when you do this and have the slide locked open can you see the cutout?

I lack the vocabulary to understand well what you mean, so here is a picture.

Attached: 1531543410710150423104029339736.jpg (2976x3968, 2.52M)

Perhaps this is the view you meant.

Attached: 15315435005987124896751013733124.jpg (3968x2976, 2.76M)

Not even white, but no. I wouldn't enter a vehicle that's just unlocked. That's a violation of someone elses property. Exception if its abandoned in the middle of the woods or something.
The dissasmebly should be very close to this: youtube.com/watch?v=EFXsl4zSIY0

You gotta hold the slide back and rotate the barrel towards the ejection port.

Today a Frenchman realizes what it's like to be American.
What a glorious thread

Attached: 153415646225.gif (360x202, 725K)

On the matter of arms possession, I do envy the gunlovers in the US. However, it appears to me that your country cannot restrict the guns to those gunlovers, and that it has been problematic in numerous occasions. I guess the strictness of my State is a necessary evil.

Then I applaud your strong values.

I am certainly not able to rotate the barrel as much as in the video you sent : I can only make it wiggle a bit.

>oh its raining
>better start trying the doors of every car in sight so I can hop in and not get wet
>cool this one is unlocked
>wonder if there is anything in here to steal

Attached: 1504806460581.png (400x323, 190K)

That is what I meant.
The pics are too shitty for me to tell.

If all else fails, just let the slide to forward all the way and start rotating the barrel while you slowly retract the slide.
It’s kinda like picking a lock.
Your own country would sooner see you imprisoned or worse for what you have now yet you see no problems with this.
Amazing.

How much can you wiggle it? You may need pliers since it might be seized. By the shape of the gun i'd think it wasn't taken apart in years.

Spanish pistols have no slide lock or anything, so it should just rotate.

>Your own country would sooner see you imprisoned or worse for what you have now yet you see no problems with this.
Amazing.
You can't expect an entire continent of people who've spent their entire history being lorded over by nobles, to understand freedom.

Good point.
I suppose he’ll simply have to watch and see for himself. He’ll either find himself increasingly saddened by what he sees or he’ll simply stay a sheep.

Either way I wish the best to our new baguette Jow Forumsommando.

>pliers
>”hey folks, I absolutely love damaging the crown of my guns barrel, because fuck them and their children!”

The trouble is you don't realize you're talking with two people : as an individual, I place my freedom and my craving for more freedom above all else, and as such am envious of the American people who can freely appreciate guns. But on the other hand, I am a citizen of my country, and as such am drawn to see the interest of my people as a whole before mine.

Might get woke af pretty quickly. He'll probably be arrested since he committed theft and is also in possession of a Category B1 firearm without previous authorization and has basically admitted all this in the thread.

You make a mistake in your belief that civilian armament is inherently dangerous. Disarming citizens en masse implies that citizens are inherently criminals, which isn't the case in a functional society.
For illustration, notice that in the US there isn't a correlation between states with high gun ownership rates and states with high murder rates.

Huh.
Blind nationalism, and a sense that a crowd has an inability to be wrong.

I’m not here to have a thread on why gun control doesn’t work, and how it has zero impact on actual violence in a country.
I’m here to discuss a simple pistol.

I will say that it’s been argued to death and the gun control falls on the side of being a fallacy believed by many.

And regardless of that, if your country believes you evil then you yourself have no obligation to it. It’s like family; you ought not have an obligation to something you had no say in. The only thing that should bind you is your word.

It's a poorly made spanish copy of a mass produced vest pistol. It's sat in a car for who knows how long after being discarded for who knows how long. Look at it, it's been dragged through the sitls of katrina, and back.

If there was a crown, it's long gone before the pliers touch it.

Also tape exists.

>and as such am drawn to see the interest of my people as a whole before mine.
Unironically, as someone born in a third world country and spent a good bit of my life traveling around. I can see what you mean, because individualism is a very anglo thing. Especially american individualism. American individualism i think is a genuine fluke, some sort of phenomenon never seen before. Canadians too to a degree.

Does France consider a car to be private property like the US does? If so he trespassed in order to steal as well.

This is not nationalism, I take my country for no greater than most. Furthermore, in France, gun restriction is not the will of the crowd, it is the one of the government. I could easily see the people ask for less gun restriction, but it is imposed upon it by the state for its own good. I believe that the common good is not the sum of all personal interests.

Oh god and you also believe the government has you and those around you’d best interests at heart.

All government is a business, my friend.
Just there to have power and get money and live easy. Gun restriction are imposed by governments who have trouble with the thought of the populace potentially disagreeing with them.
Not for public safety as various studies have disproven.

I do understand OP's point. America's gun laws only works with American individualism. Unless a country's people would adopt such ideas in haste, then a massive shift in firearms law would do nil, or even worsen it.

Be like America, I guess.

I was not under the impression that with their personal weapons, US citizens were able, or willing, to stand against their government any more than the Europeans.

I find it disturbing that an American could be so distrustful of his government, given your reputation as a proud, patriotic people.

I find it disturbing anyone can be trusting of their government.

Actually, guess i don't. European history is one of government oppression. I can't expect a bird born in a cage to understand the world outside.

Some of us have simply seen what we call a government in action. Judges. Police. Politicians.
Ignorance is bliss my friend.
Just because America is good does not mean the people running it are all welcome to come to a barbecue I throw.
Not all of them are bad. In fact most aren’t. But Ginsbitch? Feinstein? Brady? The stupid fuckwits just want to see what they can do for the sake of doing it (at the absolute best) and in the end it’s just them trying to alienate and cause trouble for a group of people who would otherwise leave them alone.

The way I see it, you are less oppressed by your government than by the financial elite that it has let appear. The European can pressure his government, which is meant to be above the elite. The people of the US and its government both cannot do anything against the tyranny of the very rich. Milton said about Cromwell "He made himself a tyrant to free us from kings", and I believe the same about my government.

Anyway, talking about gun control on Jow Forums wasn't a smart thing to do.
I do not know yet if I will keep the gun (everlasting struggle between individual and citizen), but thank you for the help you provided me with.

I say just keep the gun user. The guy who just left it in an unlocked car obviously didnt care much about it. Probably would have used it for harm seeing the area you picked it up in. And seeing as how bad things are getting with all those illegal migrants and the EU slowly falling apart, you're gonna want a gun of some sort when SHTF actually happens over there. Best to be prepared just in case.

Just keep the gun you pussy, even if you trust your own government it was not even a century ago that your country was occupied by a foreign government. Best case scenario is that you have a cool little toy that will never be used to harm another human being until you die, worst case scenario you'll have a tool that might one day make the difference between living and dying.

There is no conflict and there's nothing selfish about keeping the gun, it's just an object that will only bring as much harm to your fellow countrymen as you inflict upon them with it.

So much this.

Just keep the gun user, might be fun to restore, and one day, you might need it.

Attached: 1519108408834.jpg (1600x1202, 156K)

Seconding Spanish, the curved slide serrations are extremely typical of Eibar region pistols.

Faggot.

>this entire thread
either masterful bait, or a frog's about to have mamadou spread his ass in prison.

It's a 22 rimfire.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF NONFREE COUNTRIES

Attached: download_20180706_094811.png (1280x720, 1.21M)

Congrats OP, you've found a French mobsters' pocket execution pistol and you've posted it on a public Mongolian birdwatching forum. Just a matter of time before you get BTFO by either the cops, or Le Milieu

Give it back, Pablo. And you and Dirty Mike stay the hell out of other peoples' cars.

Attached: Dirty-Mike-and-the-boys.gif (420x201, 621K)