Hey, I'm not sure if this is necessarily Jow Forums worthy, but idk where else to put it

Hey, I'm not sure if this is necessarily Jow Forums worthy, but idk where else to put it.

I'm making a backpack for SHTF and I'm wondering what else I should put in it. Here's what I got so far:

>Waterproof Survival Handbook
>Compass
>Water Canteen with those metal cups (US Surplus)
>Spade

Any other tips? I'm thinking of making some hardtack for spare food just in case.

Attached: hardtack.jpg (512x384, 25K)

Lighters and spare mags

Waterproof matches and a shit ton of bic lighters, for use and for trading.

Attached: 1530615018215.jpg (313x347, 18K)

Fishing line and hooks

Got that covered. I live out in the rural parts, so pretty much everyone fishes, including me.

Alright. You think a flint/steel kit would be of good use? I doubt it'd get a lot of milage, but better safe than sorry.

Id keep one just in case but id focus more on lighters and matches. Other commodities are good to stockpile too. Things like toilet paper, cigarettes or stuff to beat your dick to. Just use common sense really.

Attached: 1529254366890.jpg (1024x971, 61K)

Flour in an airtight and watertight container, preferably metal with a nylon interrior, Make hardtack from rainwater.

buy like 5 clipper lighters, a blister pack of zippo lighter flints, and a few canisters of butane
>lighter uses replaceable flints
>without fuel it is a good sparker for lighting tinder regardless
>refillable with normal butane
>dudeweedbro primary market but unironically one of the best soft flame lighters on the market
>$2 each

Ignore all advice to carry heavy meme bullshit like flint and steel, ferro rods, magnesium blocks, or etc. It's the 21st century and you can just buy a fucking bic (but don't because you can buy a clipper) and carry a can of kerosene to light a fire the non bullshit way of just dousing some kindling in lighter fluid, lighting that shit with a lighter, and knowing how to stack logs. Lighting moss with a handbow friction lighter is so mad max if you think about it basic services are either restored and you've just decided to live in the woods or you've probably already shot yourself

take it to it's reductive limit of primitivism to be entirely self sufficient and you'd be using a longbow with 10 spare strings in your pack, setting wire snare traps, making fish baskets and channelizing streams, eating pine bark as a primary food source, and keeping a fire going constantly so you never have to light a second fire.

you could write a virgin chad meme about "the virgin survivalist versus the chad WOLVERINE"
for a 3 day pack for dicking around in the woods/"shtf"
>3 man tent or bivy bag if you hate yourself
>real hatchet
>3-6" fixed blade knife
>tarp
two lighters, fuckload of calorie dense food only using cans to give you meat(vienna sausage, spam, ham, etc.), water filter, iodine tabs, shit tickets and WET WIPES, vodka/kerosine/everclear for cleaning/fire starting/drinking(don't drink the middle one), mess kit, go full 5 gallon collapsible water bladder, vacsealed packs of pencil cigars or cigarettes, SUGAR, salt, pepper, hot sauce, talcum powder for your balls and armpits. (creature comforts)

What I miss boys?

Attached: clipper lighter.jpg (500x373, 48K)

A good start to one is unironically the 10 essentials in a boy scout handbook. It covers most bases for a survival trip lasting 2 or 3 days, just tailor whatever you use specifically and the other items to fit what you need.

Don't forget a spare Fleshlight.

How big is the pack, what is your ruck fitness like and how long do you intend to live out of the pack for?

A baggie full of bic lighters

The pack itself. Just what you have now is going to weigh 4 metric fucktons. How far do you plan on humping this thing?

Straw style water filter. Toothpaste type of fire starter paste. Aluminum camping frying pan with folding handle. 8 inches and really light weight

3 days of food is 2 jars of peanut butter, some shelf stable cured bacon you don't need to refrigerate after opening, crackers, beef jerky, instant rice, spam, and maybe some whiskey.
6000 calories isn't difficult to cobble together.

the 3 day pack as some starting point for your 6 months foraging in the woods where you'll need fish traps and snares and and a sling for hunting birds is retarded.

Sawyer water filter
Water purification tablets
Some Rope
Tarp
Folding shovel
Folding knife
Fixed blade
light sleeping bag
Medkit
Sealed matches
Cable binders
Flashlight (2)
Bandana
Work gloves
Spare lighters
2 1l Bottles of water
Toiletpaper (folded)
Hardtack
can of spam
Esbit stove

First thing to do is define your mission.
Second is to outfit for that mission.
Third run mission, determine what you missed.
Goto step one.

>a flint/steel kit would be of good use?
A dead or even broken body BIC lighter will make a great spark shooter. Sure, the sparks will not be massive like a flint and steel, but flint can easily break. Hence the greatness of having some BIC lighters around.

Any SHTF situation will require more than one back pack.
You need to be prepared for at least a week to cover localized natural disasters.

Attached: stormcomingaxcoming.png (700x420, 359K)

If something big happens and shit hits the fan well have Fukishimas, Chernobyls, Three Mile Islands and worse all over the world leaking radiation for hundreds if not thousands of miles contaminating and killing all flora and fauna.
Virtually the whole world is encompassed in these zones so we won't live for more than a month or two after without having a highly trained, organized, dedicated and equipped team going around and safely shutting down reactors and containing nuclear material all the while the world is ending.
No such team exists and the idea of organizing one immediately before, during, or after shit has hit the fan is nearly impossible.

Tldr: Were fucked dont bother planning or prepping beyond a few weeks because it wont do you any good.

Dehydrate your own fruits and seal 80 grams in a vacuum snack bag. Add nuts or m&ms and you can make a lot of cheap yet nutritious snacks that can last years. I have a mango tree in my backyard, and have the ability to make hundreds of pounds of dehydrated mango.

>flint and steel
No almost no on knows how to use flint and steel well, a Ferro rod would be decent to have assuming you know how to use it. Which is almost all in the tinder preparation.