Family members that served

My paternal Grandfather served in the Indo-Pak war of 65 and 71 on the Pakistani side
I don't much of what he in the 65 war but in 71 war the ship he was in was attacked by the Indians and sank he manged to live and later on eventually became an officer
My Granduncle(Grandfathers uncle)was in the British Indian Army serving in WW2 however not that much is known about him
My father himself served in the Navy as an officer for over 30 years

Attached: Oda_Nobunaga-Portrait_by_Giovanni_NIcolao.jpg (411x499, 25K)

My great uncle used to buzz the town he lived in at 200 feet. That was back when that wouldn’t get you thrown in jail.

Grandpa in Algeria and Indochina
Great Grandp in WW1, colonies, WW2
Others were of fighting age in 1870 but I don't know

>Grandpa(moms side)
He did three tours in vietnam, his last two were in the boonies.
>Grandpa(dads side)
He fought in the pacific from the beginning to 1944 when he was shot in the legs by a japanese machine gunner. He carried a BAR and was ordered to take out the gunner but the gunner took him out.
>Great uncle(dads side)
He was a medic on the pacific front my grandpa(his brother).
>Great grandpa
Him and his brother took part in the last bit of the Indian wars and pretty much everyone of his ancestor before him fought in the indian wars.
>great grandpa(grandmas side)
He fought at cumberland gap and survived one of the worst POW camps.
(pic related)
>Great great great grandpa
He was a blockade runner for the confederacy. after the surrender he ended up killing two union soldier who tried to rob him so he fled to florida for a few years.
>Several ancestors took part in the revolutionary war
>great great great great great great great grandpa took part in the french indian war
>great great great great great great took part in the french revolution.
and quite a few others were french traders who sailed back and fourth from france and the Caribbean so im sure they had their share of the fun.

Attached: Ancestor.jpg (1000x1153, 321K)

>Be grandpa
>Born and raised on the Upper West Side back when it was all working-class Jewish.
>Mother makes you practice clarinet because working-class Jewish.
>1942, drafted into the Mighty 8th. Arrive in England.
>Playing clarinet in Quonset hut. Officer comes in. "Who's playing that clarinet?" "Uhm.... me, sir..."
>Officer has you audition for the 8th Air Force swing band. You get in. New assignment: spend the war traveling around different airbases, playing at dances.
>Play with Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, the Dorsey Brothers, Ella Fitzgerald, and Bing Crosby.
>Meet Bob Hope, Groucho Marx, Abbott & Costello, Betty Grable, and Jimmy Stewart.
>Marry English girl, come home after the war, get a job with a company that prints postcards, have three kids - my mom is the middle child.
>Play with a local jazz band on the weekends.
>Live the good life until smoking gets you in the late 80s.

Attached: 782-photo.jpg (560x362, 18K)

>Be Jew
>Jew your way out of seeing any real military service because war is for the goy.

My grandfather was a officer in the Pakistan Army Medical Corps during the first and second Indo-Pak wars.
No one else in my family served in a military until I enlisted in the army about a year ago.

Attached: B634FE18-A425-49A6-A4BD-85F12FDDCF24.png (640x1136, 840K)

My paternal grand father was in the 19th waffen ss division, and his father and older brother were in the 15th.

Grandfather's sister's son (dunno if there is a name for a relation like that) fought in the Rhodesian Bush War, I met him earlier this year, very nice bloke. My Grandfather was conscripted into the Rhodesian armed forces and served as armored car commander but left the country before the Bush War broke out.

Other Grandfather served in the Finnish Army just after WW2 as a sharpshooter, his sister apparently served in the Finnish Army as well but during WW2, I don't know what role she did but I have seen a photo of her in snow uniform with rifle slung over shoulder and binoculars scanning the sky for planes.

My grandma was a WASP during WW2, she loved flying and owned her own prop plane that she flew my dad in as a child, and me as a child, and until she couldn't physically get in the plane at age 85

12 uncles in WW2; 11 came home. I served in US Army as a Bravo; spent some time in Cambodia. I hate commies

Great uncle served in the Italian navy post WW2.
Great grand father served Italy in WW2.
Great great grand father and all great great uncles served Italy in WW1.
All father’s side, I know nothing of my mother’s side when it comes to military service, would have to ask her.

My grandfather was in the Chinese navy in the 70s

MY grandfa once stepped on an atom bomb and survived the explosion with limbs intact. Then he swam across the pacific onto a navy vessel where he commemorated the brtianic rebels and for the win against winchester battle of brunhelda. He soon after became commander general of that vessel which is now known as the SS Floaty

Not weapons related. We need a separate board for milfags.

Grandad ( mum's side)
Marine in the late 60's early 70's, shot at viet gunboats if they came too far south
Grandad (dad's side)
HMS Belfast WW2
Great-grandad (mums side)
Desert Rat

Great-grandfather served in the Merchant Navy, and piloted a troopship.

6 of my great uncles served in ww2 but only one came back

Uncle on dad's side saw some nasty shit in the troubles and everyone in the family says he still needs to see a phiyce

POO IN LOO

>distant Deutschland ancestor served in the Franco-Prussian War
>great grandmother and her daughter (my grandmother) were caught in the middle of Japanese bombing raids in the Second World War and the Japanese occupied their village. They said the soldiers were extremely vicious towards everyone.
>great uncle was an American POW in Korea
>another uncle ran away from home at 17 and joined the armed forces to later serve in the early stages of Vietnam
>he died years later from exposure to Agent Orange
>father served with coalition forces in the Persian gulf

I think that's it.

Great Grand Dad: Naval Officer during the Spanish American War
Dad's Father: Navy intelligence during WWII, served all over the Pacific
Mom's Father: Army Medical Officer, Cold War in Germany.
My father: Naval Communications Officer, served stateside training pilots during the Vietnam War.
Me: Army Cav Scout, OIF 06-07.

I am quite proud of my families' service, and hope we can get some younger blood to carry on the family tradition.

Great grandpa. Company B 655th Engr Top Btn. I have a picture of him with his Company on VE Day in Brunswick but I don't know much about his service.

Attached: IMG_4578.jpg (1352x1399, 648K)

I did find this picture of someone he must have served with that this written on the back.

Attached: jack.png (352x863, 727K)

>Pakistani
>Indian Muslim

Literal shit tiers

I'm a Burger, but the Punjabis were some of the best soldiers within the British Crown for the longest time before 1947.

That's not me saying that, that's the Brits. The partition of the British Empire in India was so bloody in the Punjab, largely because the Brits took the majority of their conscripts from that province. Basically a lot in the province knew how to fight, and now set their skills on the nearest neighbor who wasn't one of their own.

Attached: Taj Mahal 1942 COMMENT.jpg (1200x1767, 362K)

Both my great grandfathers served in the Imperial German Army
Maternal grandfather in the Wermacht
Paternal Grandfather a grunt in the 1st ID; WWII and Korea
Three uncles fought in Vietnam with the Army
Dad served in Desert Storm with the Army
Mother was in the Marines, helped invade Iraq
My sister and I where in the Army, both served in Afghanistan, both actually earned our CABs.
My little brother would have served too if he hadn't been paralyzed in a car accident at 15.
My wife is Air force
Sister, brother, and father in law are all Navy
I have 16 second cousins, 7 in the Army, 3 in the Air Force, and 2 in the Marines
I want to think my son will grow up to be an engineer or a teacher but he'll probably take up the rifle too. It'll be nice to the see the familial martial traditions carried on but at the same time I don't want my boy to know what it feels like to kill a man, to press your face into the mud hoping the next RPG doesn't turn you into a smear, or to see your friens's widow at the "Welcome Home" ceremony.