I hated them

>I hated them.

Attached: 1531530419625.png (1280x720, 622K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_eq4nrKc60
youtube.com/watch?v=gwsme0Iucf0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well that was a depressing show. I mean, I expected it going in. But our sheer ineptitude in understanding what was going on in Vietnam, across multiple administrations, just made me tired.

Our foreign policy agencies are better than that now, right?

> he still thinks things get better

Attached: 1531389434449.gif (540x540, 1.1M)

if our foreign policy agencies are anything like our foriegn policy experts on MSM, we'd be still be facing nuclear war with North Korea as every "expert" were damn well opposite of what Trump did.

Don't meme him plz

This. The dude's seen enough shit for a lifetime

Attached: cdc.jpg (600x558, 33K)

>YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE

Attached: YOU_WANNA_FEEL_IT.png (675x562, 192K)

I don't know if he was just playing it up for the camera but this guy seemed genuinely unhinged, which given what he went through I suppose isn't his fault

indeed... His story about the listening post gave ME nightmares.

>its a musgrave episode

Attached: 14931412515.jpg (570x451, 55K)

Who is this man and where do I find what he has to say?

>the juxtaposition of the Indian soldier's funeral with a bunch of 20something white protestors

Attached: 1530389546929.jpg (267x356, 26K)

Ken Berns Vietnam doc.
It's on Netflix.

Thanks battle boo

Attached: 1531101011800.jpg (308x346, 29K)

I don't want to get too Jow Forumsitical. However, we went to Afghanistan 17 years ago to capture or kill Osama Bin Laden. They said we killed him.....6 years ago. We're still in Afghanistan. We also "liberated" Iraq from Saddam Hussein. He was hung 12 years ago and we never did find any WMD's. We're still there.

I've spent 10 of that 17 years as an 11B and decided not to reenlist as I began to realize how fucked up and obnoxious all of this shit actually is.

Attached: 1380314205223.jpg (581x657, 211K)

Well two nations that were in open opposition to the US now have governments and military's that are in support of the US. So there's that.

>iraq
>not an iranian puppet

you havnt paid attention to what has been going on in iraq the last ten years have you

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=J_eq4nrKc60

or alternatively
youtube.com/watch?v=gwsme0Iucf0

>Iraq
>being a nation
Lol
>Afghanistan
>giving a fuck about anything but Afghanistan
Lmao

Which episode?

The intro to episode 5 is great.

Those Tunnel Rat stories....
>No guns
>No Lights
>Always kill the first guy with your hands

dude... "yeah I knew he was there because I smelled his breath... I crushed his windpipe in the complete dark underground"

Curious question but how come they didn’t interview any French soldiers.

Attached: 1FECAB4F-EEDF-4DA7-9FBB-3420678274E8.jpg (689x500, 82K)

Link please?

What is this?
The guy's face is so familiar...

Ken Burns: The Vietnam war

Its on Netflix right now and on YouTube but not as high quality

I enjoyed the Nine Inch Nails tracks, especially the end of the first episode when LBJ assumed the presidency.

Thank you.

Probably some combination of

>they'd need a French translator
>they'd need French producers, researchers, etc to find surviving veterans of the First Indochina War
>significantly less First Indochina War veterans are alive than Vietnam War veterans
>a lot of veterans of the First Indochina War were native auxiliaries and not actual Frenchmen
>the French were only involved for one episode
>fuck frienchies lmao

The youtube links got deleted along with the termination of the account that uploaded them :(

I just about finished the episode that ended with the 1970 Kent State shootings.

It's a great series. Definitely recommend it, lots of combat footage, and information about the war on both sides. Some pretty horrifying recounts though

>tfw never abandoned the french and teamed up with uncle Ho
>never caused a nationalists vs communists conflict with the people's support overwhelmingly for the nationalists
>never made Ho join the nationalists because he was pro-vietnam before pro-communism
>vietnam didn't become a Japan tier greatest ally

I mean we got some bro-tier tribals to settle in the US but the alternative was far better.

It's okay, our national souls are bound together now, after all we put each other through. Rising China's hissyfits are driving them closer to us. You may yet live to see a friendship between Nam and the US and brownskinned slant qts on your dick just like your pep-pep.

Attached: 41602C9A-B99B-4C67-876C-B751C589477E.jpg (520x791, 124K)

Hahahahaha good post m8 I also felt depressed watching that. Such blatant political bullshit from men that had supposedly served in WW2.

Based crew chief man was actually out there shooting the dispilned and undisciplinned VC.
>tfw it’s real and not just fiction

Attached: C14443D0-9E46-487F-A426-4389480A6960.png (500x386, 198K)

Like this guy said, Iraq is actually controlled by Iran. We could have left a buffer in the ME of Saddam fighting the Iranians but instead we had to get thousands of Americans killed so that the clusterfuck of a power vacuum is present today. The removal of Saddam really helped Iran and shit on US interests. The whole ME is a clusterfuck, there should be a nation for fucking Christians by now for Christ’s sake.

>based Indian funeral
>hard cut to drugged up hippies
Whoever edited that sequence knew what they were doing, very enraging.

>people always say the military turns kids into killing machines
>ill always argue that its just finishing school

This is something I used to not want to believe for a while

>the ultimate art awaitimg its ultimate practitioner.

>"He has followed the trail of the great chiefs. His people hold him in honor and highest esteem. He has given his life for the people and the country he loved so much."

Attached: mourning widow.png (1158x655, 940K)

>Four Silver Stars
>Three wars

You mean to tell me you spent a decade dicking around in the desert, returned to make this post an not once bothered to mention the opium? We're you even paying attention?
Also, (you)

I would have liked that. I would have liked it they actually had more South Vietnamese soldiers interviewed. They didn't have many and nearly all of the North Vietnamese soldiers were the party's ass when they spoke.

We don't talk about the neo-Finno-Korean Phylactery Uprisings and skirmishes in the "indian" burial mounds.

I wouldn't worry about it

>DON'T YOU NEED SOMEBODY TO LOVE

Attached: 14025996005_ea3c4449b6_b.jpg (720x471, 57K)

Isn’t Vietnam an ally to the US in some way

Not necessarily an ally, but on pretty good terms, due to Chinese encroachment.
A shame, though, Ho Chi Minh was all for being best buds with the burgers, dude was a closet Ameriboo.

>"We have an absolute guarantee from Nixon to defend the country. I have decided to hold him to his word. He is an honest man, and I am going to trust him."
What did he mean by this?

Attached: ktt_nguyenvanthieu2_kienthuc.jpg (450x326, 17K)

Just trying to calm the people down and prevent any national scare in South Vietnam

Great hero.

>His actions earned him 42 awards to include 3 Purple Hearts (one for each conflict), 4 Silver Stars, 5 Bronze Stars, CIB with 2 Stars, and a Distinguished Service Cross; making him the most decorated Native American Indian in US history. He even received a battlefield commission, but refused it. He then retired in 1962.

Looking now I have to ask; what happened? How do you get soldiers that are so awarded and rewarded for their service to today where it's a few gimmes and maybe a reward for valor on happenstance?

What are you implying? That soldiers don’t get enough medals today? Shut the fuck up.

Attached: E4D93E10-59F9-4E66-8C27-EDE7AB9C084B.jpg (1242x1203, 1.07M)

>If only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: 8E7F1532-1579-4178-9125-D7E042CE7699.jpg (2048x1611, 389K)

Consider the scales of the Second World War and the Korean and Vietnamese police actions in comparison to our more recent forays into the Middle East with our all-volunteer military. Our invasion of Iraq took about a month, the rest was occupation and counter-insurgency. Also consider the changing nature of combat, the technology now involved. Do we now rely less on the individual infantryman as a machine operator?

Calm down autist

>Major support for The Vietnam War was brought to you in part by:
The Rothschilds and the Bilderberg Group

>You mean to tell me you spent a decade dicking around in the desert, returned to make this post an not once bothered to mention the opium?
Most of the US heroin comes from Mexico, brainlet. With that said, the cartels are straight-up terrorists at this point and should be removed with the force of a thousand kebabs.

>That story about the 50+- us soldiers that were found shot point blank in the head, castrated and ears and eye balls cut out

Attached: 1506268253004.jpg (498x456, 48K)

>fighting off VC in Saigon while your wife reloads mags for you

Thought it was interesting they only mentioned Ed Landsdale once in that story about McNamara even though they showed a few pictures of Landsdale with Diem

While their friends in the sister company sat 300 yards away in their holes and pretended it wasn't happening

Jesus fucking Christ

I would fuck the shit out of Princess Latifa.

Attached: 1531089945036.png (720x720, 484K)

When does this get good?

Watched the first two or three episodes when it first aired and got bored because it spent forever going over the buildup to US involvement with no interesting stories or anything, just slideshows.

top fucking kek. that dudes moostache was really distracting

>

Attached: A_picture_of_Dr._Robotnik_from_the_Sonic_website.png (446x457, 37K)

>that story where the US Aid guy was holed up in his apartment shooting gooks with his buddy then sliding empty magazines on the floor to his wife who loaded them up and slid them back

thats some komfy shit right there

This, when he talked about hearing the soldiers crying for help and single shots in the distance

I mean i would understand why alone you wouldnt dare to do stuff but a entire company ?

What episode was this? I must have missed that part.

3 or 4 iirc
While another company 1 km away could hear them scream

I can't judge, I wasn't there, but I can't understand it either. I wonder how those guys lived with themselves after that. Maybe that's it: they lived.

Attached: 55F56FD4-5DAD-49C0-B5EA-0CBE692576D6.jpg (1024x693, 151K)

take your ADHD meds and try watching it again you retarded fuck

on another note, was that tiger camo issued to only SF and south vietnamese or did regulars get a hand on those also?

Everytime I watch or read stuff about the Vietnam War I always get incredibly angry about the anti war protestors that abused the returning troops. I understand the anti war sentiment and don't necessarily disagree with protesting the war but to abuse and attack the poor cunts that had no fucking say in going over there and sacrificing themselves physically, mentally and emotionally whilst you were fortunate or privileged enough to go to university or get conscientious objector status or so on and you fucking attack them? You disgusting little shit I hate them. Three of The Kent State Four deserved it and it's an abhorrent tragedy that Schroeder died. I hate the protestors like Musgrave hated the VC.

Cherrypicking

>Gabe describing past customers

you dont know much about foreign policy do you? the US is there to control the areas they have taken over and implement their own governments. until the area is calmed down they cant implement US sponsored governments.

A lot of the anti war protestors who abused the returning troops by comparison were from much higher privilege

LRRP companies were issued the tiger stripe camo as a badge of honor, grunts got issued the OD shit

>three of the Kent State Four deserved it
This

oh yeah, lets make another religions dictatorship, its not like that hasnt gone poorly every other time its been tried by anyone.

You've missed the point completely. Opium trade is how the Taliban funded its day to day operations.

Well let's compare the two based on action (sorry about the oversimplification, Hoover Institution has a much better explanation titled "Vietnam, Iraq & Afghanistan: Different or the Same?"):

Vietnam
>former allies during WW2, sided with the French and got dragged into a French war that became an American war, no attack from NVA on American soil
>military command only cared about death counts and numbers, trying to fight a conventional war against an unconventional enemy
>pointless hill charges and attacks
>primary objective is to kill, hearts and minds secondary objective
>excessive bombing and chemical dropping everywhere
>lack of technology to help during night time operations
>jungle hell made everything hard to transverse and worse yet spot
>whole platoons lost fighting for hill with no clear objective, lots of loss of life
>NVA and VC had substantial backing from communist backers, could provide artillery fire easily
>bombings were WW2 style and at times very ineffectual
>American public was angry about a war on the in a foreign land
>Vietnamese people relatively sympathetic and empathetic
>America pulls out of a war started by the Democrats with a severe scar on their history

Middle East
>former allies during cold war (spies and insurgents), but we never did anything severe to them
>9/11 had very, no matter how one looks at it, illogical and borderline retarded reasoning behind it, no practical thought
>9/11 and muslim terrorist attacks made the American public extremely anti-terrorist and extremely supportive of actions taken against them
>military command focused on hearts and minds before kill count
>taking hills aren't hard
>desert hills and improved NV/thermal vision makes it extremely to spot goatfucks at night
>middle eastern people and muslims in general are very hard to sympathize with (bestiality, child rape, incest, spouse abuse, stoning, fanaticism, butthurt militants doing mental gymnastics, sperginess in general)

(1/2)

Attached: f5a.gif (659x609, 1.64M)

it's working out fairly well for Israel and for the Saudis

because those were founded a long time ago and have been around for a long time. hell, Israel and SA still squabbling to this day. may i remind you of the other religions extremist groups that tried to form their own state in the current ME? hows that going?

Considering that ISIS have only had shadowy support from the US and the fact the US is also actively fighting them plus all the other western interference they've done rather well. Imagine if the US just decided it was going to obliterate say Oman for example and set up a Christian nation. They'd likely succeed

(2/2)
>relatively clear objectives by army command
>fighting an unconventional war by using adapting tactics (infiltration, area denial, spotting)
>rapid improving technology and already superior technology gives American military extremely high advantage over goat fucks
>US logistics is high budget and doesn't have to worry about getting fresh troops (people volunteering all the time)
>terrorist attacks by middle easterns only drive the American populace even more angry (what the actual fuck are the terrorists thinking?)
>broad coalition of countries support us endeavor rather than oppose (forgot to include that in Vietnam where they were against it, except Australia, thank you Australians)
>fanatic groups seem to have the urge to piss people off rather than gain sympathy
>fanatics are divided and incompetent, anyone competent died or left
>American public more or less has forgotten much about the middle east, only know they're assholes
>US has gained renewed patriotism rather than animosity
>overall US troop deaths are reduced extremely by improved technology (plate carriers stopping full power cartridges easily, improved medical technology, IED resistant vehicles, fast and accurate COIN support, etc)
>no fucking draft (forgot to include that too)
>US has a decent idea of what it's doing
>still has a puppet government, but the puppet government in Iraq and Afghanistan are relatively stable
>operations in the Middle East by US are seen with triumph, rather than depression and defeat
>US forces actually killed Olama Sin Madden

Overall, Vietnam and the War on Terror, while in the macro sense are similar, differ very much in both a historical and contemporary context in all sense of the Five Ws.

Attached: 5141634512_c0890e3df9.jpg (301x278, 36K)

Congratulations on waking up.

That's the one on a hill right? The one where another platoon was situated on the other side and couldn't get through the brush so they camped for the night?

Both "nations" are now such clusterfucks that even if they hated the US with every erg of their beings, they couldn't do anything by self-mutilate over it.

That guy just seemed like one of those that hates Vietnam but only because it's the only time anything has made sense to him, of the kind that only feels at peace in chaos. Once you awaken that there's no going back

>Our foreign policy agencies are better than that now, right?
For better or worse, yes. A lot of Vietnam veterans who were in command collectively thought "we do not want another fucking Vietnam".

We know what we're doing in the Middle East. The problem is we know we're working on trying to make stable governments that won't fly airplanes at our towers, and the only working people we have to run those are overall so fucking inept no amount of money and resources will unfuck the place.

On another angle, Middle East and Vietnam are very, to extreme amount, different from each other geographically, ideologically, culturally, economically, and several other -allys different. It's rather hard to sympathize with some backward ass goatfuck who rapes little children and laughs about it, while bragging about how holy he is, compared to some poor rice farmer who genuinely believes he is doing the right thing to protect his family and country.

Truth

So the US invaded Afghanistan and Iraq over the action of Syrian nationalists with Saudi passports that staged into the US out of Egypt.

>Sure thing kiddo

How have Americans forgotten Afghanistan so easily? I suppose the toll was never as high, nor are there as many troops there... But I'm always puzzled as to why the anti-war movement has never really taken off with Afghanistan. I chalk it up to it being a more "just" war.

Yet it's just so fucking forgotten. What the fuck is wrong with us? I have friends there NOW.

>Not much, if any big name media (movies/TV shows about it) about it. Restrepo is the only one I can think of and even then its not a well known show
>Didn't lose as many guys there as Iraq
>Was overshadowed by Iraq
>No big battles there like in Iraq (See Fall of Baghdad), just skirmishes and IEDs

that's my guess on it

more like brought to you by Boeing, Lockheed and Co

Multiple reasons, no draft, much lower casualty count than Vietnam, no daily media coverage, and way too much interest in the current political landscape and celebrity news.