O/k/, I dipped into the disposable income and grabbed myself a Luger. Comes with two mags, holster, and takedown tool...

O/k/, I dipped into the disposable income and grabbed myself a Luger. Comes with two mags, holster, and takedown tool. Now I just sit and wait for it to show up to FFL.

Now, when it gets here, what are the essential first steps I should do to make sure everything is hunky-dory and set myself up for success in enjoying many fruitful years with it before bequeathing it my children and grandchildren (who will be raised extreme pro-gun or be disowned and probably assassinated)?

Attached: wm_12330073.jpg (1200x900, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lugerman.com/Pages/MainPages/Services.html
gunsamerica.com/929684257/DWM-1908-Luger-9mm-4-Blued-Walnut-Akah-Officer-Holster.htm
gunpartscorp.com/products/465390
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump.

Attached: Normie Pls.jpg (1920x1080, 1.25M)

Nice. But the parts are press fitted so good luck working on them. Be prepared to find a good Smith somewhere and ship to him. Lugerman makes .45 Lugers so if he makes some I’m sure he works on them.

>Now, when it gets here, what are the essential first steps I should do to make sure everything is hunky-dory and set myself up for success in enjoying many fruitful years with it before bequeathing it my children and grandchildren (who will be raised extreme pro-gun or be disowned and probably assassinated)?
How do you plan on reproducing when you talk like a faggot?

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

I would assume a deep clean and relube would be a good idea

Attached: 07F15C20-CD4B-48E6-BC9E-5BA4109BB866.jpg (1200x900, 354K)

So if the gun needs any work to fire you're fucked and have an expensive paperweight?

I wouldn’t say that. I have no idea how to work on them, let alone have even held one. However I do know that parts are press fitted and there are people who know a lot more about them than I do. Personally I’d go to the lugerman because he’s built some. lugerman.com/Pages/MainPages/Services.html
>tfw I don’t have 7k for a 10mm Luger

He'll have a lot more success than an edgelord like you.

You're supposed to make sure everything is hunky-dory before you buy it.

Take lots of pictures post it on a forum so real experts can give you their opinion.
If it's matching and original, don't even think about touching it to "improve" it. You'll destroy its value.

>
>He'll
>no other responses in 3 hours
Yeah ok kid

Don't shill. It's rude.

What does this word vomit even mean?

>Bruh you can't disassemble it yourself like every soldier in battle would be expected to. You'll have to take it to this special guy I happen to know and pay him a lot of money to do ti instead!

homo

for gods sake check to make sure its a matching luger, handfitted firearms dont work for shit when they are made from mismatched parts

>This is a DWM Model 1908 Commercial Luger that was Arsenal converted into a Police Luger after WWI during the Weimar era. This was a common practice when they were trying to rearm the Police in the 1920/25 time frame when only a very limited numbers of Lugers were allowed under the Treaty of Versailles. It has a blank chamber with the "DWM" marked front toggle. The left side of the barrel extension is stamped with the "Crown/N" commercial proof, while the breech block is stamped with its original Erfurt Eagle firing proof on the side. The barrel was replaced during the conversion process into a Police Luger as the barrel number has a slightly smaller sized numbers and it has a hold open latch. It was originally numbered in the commercial style with some of the serial numbers on the smaller parts hidden and during the conversion into to a Police/military style Luger some of the parts were over stamped with the original serial number in a military fashion. It is fitted with a set of unnumbered walnut grips and is complete with two nickel plated Haenel Schmeisser marked magazines that are stamped on the aluminum bases with only "51197". It is complete with a brown leather commercial holster that is stamped with only the crossed rifles over Akah for the Albrecht Kind company and a blued take down tool.

Fine as arsenal refurbished with 80% of the faded blue finish remaining overall with edge and high spot wear with some blue loss on the side plate hump, muzzle are and front frame rails. The smaller parts retain 50% of their straw colors overall. The walnut grips are also in fine condition with visible checkering on both sides, showing wear across the tops of the checkering with some minor light pressure dents on the right side. Mechanically functions fine with the magazine safety disabled. The holster is in fine condition with a nice even brown color overall with minor wear on the edges and high spots with some light age cracking visible on the face of the magazine pouch.

I'm going to go ahead and assume I got cheated royally and that every decision I make in my life is a failure.

Sure is summer in here, lots of talk with no one saying anything.

Listen OP: if you have mechanical aptitude the first thing you need to do when you get it home is to do a detail strip.
Pull the whole thing apart. Go online and find a guide, it's pretty easy but take your time and try not to scratch.
Inspect every part. The Germans are anal and basically stamped everything with the serial number or just the last two digits. If they all match: good. If they dont: it's still a luger. It's not a delicate little flower than needs all matching parts to actually work. The luger is a military firearm and will work with mixed parts just fine.
Also look to see if there is any rust anywhere, if there is STOP. DO NOT SCRUB IT. Just soak the parts in oil to try and stop it from spreading. Talk to a good smith to find out how to get rid of the rust without destroying the part. If the barrel is rusted out, that sucks and the luger is now a paperweight.
If you plan on making this a shooter take this time to swap out springs. Put the original springs in a plastic bag with some oil and label it. Buy some new springs online from Numrich. If you're on a limited budget get the mainspring in the grip first, that is the most critical. If the mainspring is worn out shooting it will batter the frame, damaging it.
Once you do all that oil up the parts and reassemble.

Good Luck.

First step? Pic related.

Attached: 1531631988547.jpg (187x204, 17K)

Thanks, but thanks to the other user I've already resigned myself to having been cheated and having a useless pile of rust roll up instead.

Did you order it off some nobody on Gunbroker or from a reputable collector's company, like Simpson LTD?

gunsamerica.com/929684257/DWM-1908-Luger-9mm-4-Blued-Walnut-Akah-Officer-Holster.htm

Disassemble it, clean it, lube it, shoot it. If everything works great then awesome. If not then replace springs.

hmmmm. I don't know the company, but based on the pictures and that it sounds like they got it from Rock Island Auctions, you're probably NOT going to get a paperweight.

I would be floored if what you get is anywhere near a collectors grade pistol, but it LOOKS like it might be a decent shooter. They claim the barrel was replaced in the interwar era so it might still be in decent condition.
I didn't see an importers mark so it might have been a GI bring back or brought with a German fleeing Europe.

Oh good, I feel a lot better now.

But mentioning the springs reminded me that my Mauser c96 springs are still on backorder, so waiting for yet another set of them to slowly roll in is going to be a pain...

gunpartscorp.com/products/465390

In stock. Ready to ship. You could probably get it cheaper elsewhere.

Neat.

The luger is very aprimg imtensive. 9/10 issues can be fixed with new springs, especially if its matching.

I bought some modern luger mags a few years ago and they've worked fine so far. Even when run through a few IDPA matches so if OP decides not to use the old mags, the new stuff doesnt suck.

I hope OP get a good shooter.