Finns, what is military service like over there? From start to end

Finns, what is military service like over there? From start to end.

Attached: 1523065549904.jpg (1200x735, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FldD5hCrIWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1467819100272.png (800x1388, 567K)

It's pretty much an adult kindergarten.

Attached: 1505084290202.jpg (638x1497, 176K)

I thought it was only memes and weird cases like video related
youtu.be/FldD5hCrIWY

Attached: 1517482224683.jpg (1689x3081, 427K)

memes as in it was only memes about the defense forces, not that they do stupid stuff like this in reality, right? they don't do this dumb stuff in real life?

That video is great
Sides are moderately displaced

>guys just turned 18 get put together in a barracks and they go on larping armymen
You seriously need to ask if stupid shit like that won't happen?

A bunch of bored teens doing stupid shit? Take a wild fucking guess.

>guys just turned 18 get put together in a barracks and they go on larping armymen
That's every military.
You can be a good soldier and also have fun and do crazy shit.

>conscript dumb teenagers for a short period of time
>they do dumb shit
In other news, water is wet.
Conscription is just a waste of time and everyone knows it.

In a nutcase: it depends where you go and how motivated you actually are yourself. If you go in as a paratrooper, borderjaeger or some other elite unit shit that requires more motivation and physical fitness, you will quickly find yourself surrounded by other highly motivated specimen. When surrounded by motivated and driven people, you will have fun and exciting time in the service.

In the other end of spectrum you have drivers, support and artillery who do fuck all after basic training. They can mostly be found in their bunks waiting for the day to end. Picture yourself as a driver for example; you serve for 365 days (don't know if it has changed since I was in) and all you do is just wait the time to pass. You may have some driving gigs here and there, but mostly it is just shooting the same shit with the same people while doing nothing. You will mentally die there. And get fat.

There is always the middle-ground (panzerjaegers, scouts, coast jaegers) who do pretty awesome shit but not to the same extent as paras or combat divers and are breddy gud gais. Some units are more funded than others, so if you get into some under-funded unit (like I did) it feels pretty shitty and you just wonder why the fuck you are even there.

Becoming an NCO gives you more freedom and duties and makes your time a bit more bearable, since you get to do a lot of other shit.

Of course, the nature of conscription is that you will have a lot of people there who don't want to be there. Usually they just try to get out ASAP, but some actually put other peoples ass on the line and then it gets fucking frustrating. Bored young men is one thing, but bored and frustrated as FUCK young men are a whole different chapter.

All in all, it was rather fun experience since I had great crew there and really made friends for life. If I had to do it again, I'd choose a bit more demanding job this time.

Finland is a developed enough country to have a proper army, so why the fuck do they still have conscription?

I was a MUAV operator, and it was definitely a great experience all in all. A very cool training with a great instructor combined with living with the same 10 guys for a year makes for a pretty good experience.
Also very good for getting Jow Forums after being a hugefatguy all my life before then.

You should look into what has happened with the Swedish army. They had conscription, went professional and now they are phasing back to conscription.

The essence is that the nordic countries are pretty small and low populated, but we (especially Finns) have a lot of border to cover. If Finland wanted 'a proper' army, it would never have enough volunteers to fill the quotas. The Finnish defence force is pretty well equipped for what it is and have pretty strong field artillery.

Hard to defend a country with a very low population density with a small country. Also big neighbour but joining nato would cost a lot of money and increase tensions and Finland would have to join the next time the US invades a -stan. NATO would probably not even bother with article whatever because Finland isnt worth risking a russian conflict.

But who do you need to defend yourself from? You're not exactly next to the Middle East or something (>inb4 jokes about Sweden).

I never really looked that closely, but does that say "the bodies were buried with tent pegs in the anus"?

When you glance at the map of northern Europe for about 4 seconds or/and consider the events unfolded during WW II you might be able to take a good guess.

Finland bros, Ausfag how, here do I immigrate to your country legally? Would an Ausfag be welcomed?

2 months of basic. Conscript NCOs and OCs mainly giving you shit. running, cleaning, jumping, etc. When at barracks 08.00-21.00 comms, weapons, military drill, tactics, training. weapons include rifles, machine guns, AA, grenades. Tactics in nearby woods and rest at the immediate vicinity of the barracks. Two man live fire with MGs, rifles day and night. Tactics with blanks and simulators. Live LAV and grenade. PT more PT About 5 days innawood.

4 months NCO or 5 months Officer school. For me it was recon tactics, learning how to train the basics for the next batch of conscripts. Setting up a OP, evading enemy, ambushing enemy, equipment reognition, squad live fire day and night. 90% innawoods in 7-21 day stretches as a recon squad with other NCO students. 50cal, MG, LAV, Sniper, forward observing for artillery, FN HP-DA, Shotgun, training. Close quarters training. Simulator fighting. 30-90 km marches with 40 kg per man equipment.

2 months of training basic for the morttis

4 months of recon

And clubbing every holiday.

Not him. But there has always been tension on the Russian border since the Bolshevik Revolution. Nations that share a border with Russia tend to be prepared for whatever is thrown their way.

They're still afraid that the Soviets are going to come streaming across the border any day now.

We are next to Russia. Russians attack their neighbours without a reason.

Newsflash, grandpa, the USSR fell almost thirty years ago. Modern-day Russia would never even think of getting involved in a brother war against other Whites.

Attached: Putin on youth.jpg (1488x1184, 1.04M)

They are thieves and murderers. I'd rather live next to ISIS.

Has anybody that spurdo about how retarded finnish artillerymen supposedly are?

And the NCO school and the last four months are 90 percent innawoods as a recon squad/platoon.

t. D&C shill

Attached: Self-loathing multiracial cuckolds versus proud White men.jpg (1200x450, 478K)

And yet Russia's faltered and failed in both Georgia and Ukraine, then redefined "victory" afterwards.

>1.1%

Attached: 1521303543299.jpg (1280x904, 276K)

>start
Constant hurry and rushing from one place to another, just to wait around for something. Constant confusion because of the hectic nature and bizarre military culture people either don't talk about, or vets exaggerate the shit out in order to b8 newbies.

>mid point
Noobs are starting to look like soldiers. Memes are starting to sink in. Biggest pussies have been weeded out. Returning inna fence still sucks.

Lots of camping is involved.

>Last weeks
Phenomenon known as "gona" is starting to kick in people as the days-remaining count decreases. Military discipline loosens up. Memes are at full mast. Before that though, you gotta survive the "End War".

>last night
your squad's NCO is stripped naked and locked in his locked in the middle of the night, all while your team mates decide to throw out a pile of Donald Duck pocket books out of the window. Only to seconds later sneak out of said window, while half naked, because they don't want the patrolling MPs to bust them for littering and potentially throw 'em in jail for a day or two.

>Finland bros, Ausfag how, here do I immigrate to your country legally?
...apply for citizenship?
If you're under the age of 30, and generally a healthy male, you're pretty much required to serve in the army for the 6-12 months. Which pretty much guarantees citizenship.

>Newsflash, grandpa, the USSR fell almost thirty years ago.
That's what they want you to believe.

>brother war against other whites
it's like Georgia and Ukraine never happened.
It's almost as if they did not do a practice nuke strike on a Swedish town just a few years ago.

>going from Straya to finrand
you fucken druggo

Attached: big lez 1.png (1924x1084, 723K)

I just want to own better funs, as good as my smellie is, I want a FAL

t. delusional boomercuck cold warrior

Eh, that should be easy as fuck, I spent 8 years in the Aus army

oh look, a forced meme shitposting zoomer...

>I want a FAL
Not even a real challenge to be honest. Could be acquired with a hunting license.
I myself got a .308 Vepr a few years back. Love the thing.

Attached: my Vepr 308.jpg (1595x646, 594K)

Are you in Queensland? I'm in FNQ, so I guess it would be possible to get a semi for hunting

No. I'm a natural born Winlandier.
A reservist, and a hunter.

Attached: my AK + Aimpoint.jpg (1582x813, 604K)

God bless the Finns, that's some funny shit.

what scope mount is that?

...Russian?

Attached: my Vepr + ZOS 3-9x40 scope.jpg (1630x570, 381K)

why you are posting a photoshop, (((friend)))?

thanks. after some bad luck with rs regulate 30mm ring mounts not allowing my scope to clear the rear sight, i might try this