/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

PERSEC edition

Previous LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LYING ON A POLYGRAPH = DEPENDS ON IF YOU'RE A GOOD LIAR

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"
>Discord
>discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS KTHX
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: IMG_0649.jpg (3264x2448, 1.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495302700
usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/497714500
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Enlist in the American armed forces and fight for Israel!

"Serve" your country by running black ops and dying guarding a opium field goyim.

Still at Hooters at Pcola beach, still burned.

destruction of govt property.
hang on working on your njp

You haven't lived till you've spent several years of your youth, thousands of miles away from your home being a pawn for various financial institutions, corporatations, military contractors and zionisrs only to accumulate permanent hearing loss, PTSD, fucked up knees and back, and get boned by the VA!

YUP FIGHTIN' FOR FAGGOTS, TRANNIES AND ISRAEL
OORAH BOYS!!

The burn is punishment enough

Welcome to Florida. Carry at least 75 SPF.

Also, enjoy traffic back across the bay. The worst part will be Gulf Shores.

Yea. 30 didn't cut it. I put that shit on TWICE and my triceps and face feel like they went through an oven.

Thanks a lot pal. Good thing I ain't driving. Too drunk anyway. Gonna go back and...I dunno. I got nothing to do.

Got a few questions. Can you go from a National Guard 31b (MP) to Active Infantry? I know I definitely would have to go back to training, but would I go through Basic all over again and do OSUT? Or would they just send me to a school/AIT? Would it be easier to wait until my contract is up in 2022 and after I have my degree?

I'm currently an MP NastyGirl in Illinois, and I like it a lot. Even had a few activations for the recent hurricanes and worked the road in a few places, but I enlisted 2 years after my unit had deployed in Afghanistan and we all doubt we'll be going back.

I'm really just curious how quickly I could go Active Infantry if shit kicked off again. I've always had such respect for Infantry, but some of my friends who went Active 11b have told me that they've been doing fuckall since 2015 and to not bother unless shit heats up again.

You fucking white pieces of shit should be proud to defend Israel. Fuck off with that antisemitic bullshit b

How much better is being a Nuke officer compared to a regular enlisted Nuke?

Also, any 11b guys here deploy recently? If not, do you guys do training cycles? What's the day to day for you guys?

Actually, it would be extremely difficult since 11B is extremely crowded. My buddy is active 31B and tried to reclass into 11b, but they wouldnt let him because there are too many E5 in 11b. They tried to push him into 19D because they dont have enough E5.

>when you dont go the higher education route or civilian work route so you enlist in the military and make near minimum wage.

Attached: Braindead Wojack.png (474x711, 90K)

Interesting, that makes a lot of sense considering the lack of anything big going on right now, appreciate the info

11b regiment guys do. Other peeps will pick up deployments but it's nothing interesting at this point. The days of OEF and OIF are pretty much over for standard line units. There's an SF company out of Illinois though. I would get your ass in shape and try out for one of their SFREs. That's honestly your best chance for a deployment and also best chance to go from NG to active without a huge hassle.

Oh shit meant to have the second part be a reply to

When is there gonna be another war. I just want to deploy in a combat MOS..
..but there aren't any

US armed forced: dying for interests of zionists and bankers since 1941.

Attached: 1534282_10154146357530483_8644838616929810290_n.jpg (500x590, 45K)

They've been dying for oligarchs since the civil war

I just do finance bro

How do you figure?

>Fucking Nazis actually believe in this shit

>Hooters
Why? When you got Sammys nearby and air conditioned.

Never even thought of that, much appreciated

Are there any army combat engineers or medics in this thread? If so what is it like as I wish to become one.

68W E6 here, what you wanna know?

Got your CMB? Get to cric anyone or just spend the majority of your enlistment not doing shit?

Ive done it all. Got my CMB, airborne, air assault, paramedic, critical care, acls, phtl, pals, bunch of interservice shit with navy and air force, got to work a civilian emergency room under a navy program for example. Pretty much have done everything you can do as a 68W. Was in a cav unit when I earned my CMB, participated in medevacs, have done flight medic, etc. Even got my BSN and RN license. Am actually signed up for the mil medical school to commission in the air force next year. Got any specific questions?

Why the Air Force?

What's kind of injury's do you take care of and how's the general situation a combat medic is usually in?

took asvab and got 29 afqt and retook 2 days ago and got a 57 afqt now my recruiter tell me i need to take a confirmation test, what the actual fuck is this shit? what if i flop and fuck this test up like i did my 1st time taking the asvab?

The confirmation test is just a mini asvab. If you suck at it, it will keep asking you questions and you will basically just be retaking it

do any of you know if they will accept a homeschool diploma/transcript for the army

>Am actually signed up for the mil medical school to commission in the air force next year.
What will you comission as? What kind of additional schooling?

I dont want to get to into it, I did one thread and it was alot. But to simplify it, army medical is the worst medical out of all the services. Worst care, worst regulations, worst leadership, worst employees. Its really that bad. Youre probably thinking, why not go ranger or 18D then? Because its the exact same shit, but different unit. I actually was originally considering reclassing into a combat mos or something because I was tired of it all and wasnt allowed to transfer branches as enlisted. But luckily, I got in contact with the airforce liason for the medical school and got set up. Navy said no to me, even if I went officer, but airforce said yes, so thats what im going with.

Honestly when deployed in a line unit and attached to a squad, its mostly cuts, scrapes, and burns as far as injuries go. Very rarely will there be any serious trauma. The most serious ive had to deal with when I was an E3 during my first deployment was an IED, and I had to treat 3 guys for burns and shrapnel, and prepare one for amputation. Thats as serious as ive personally had to deal with in the field. During medevacs its usually just transporting already stable guys. Ive assisted in clinics, trauma rooms, and ICUs mostly working with the nurses. Nowadays I manage a critical care unit.

Im going to commission as an officer...Do you mean specialty? I wont know until I go. I dont understand the second question.

Can I use jump rope to replace running? It's been and will be around 100 every day here and looking for indoor replacements.

How thorough Is the training in both medical care and combat?

Run naked, and drink water.

Buy some really short shorts.

Pretty good as long as you actually pursue it. Most motherfuckers wait until they are forced into shit, or when they do sign up, dont fucking study and bomb every exam. Combat wise, I would say decent, depends on if your unit includes you in shit. If you want to be more involved in the field, go regiment from the start. There is literally a 80/20 chance you get sent to a hospital for your first unit, where you will get fat.

I'd get arrested though
My thick legs rub with short shorts though (squat too much)

What's wrong with army medicine and what makes you think the Air Force is better?

I leave for Army basic in a month, what should I expect?

Being taught the basics

did you not read the part about where I said why it was worse. IMO navy has the best medical, followed extremely close by AF, and army is VA tier.

w o w

am excite

You just called it worse, didn't say why it was worse.

To lose weight

>Worst care, worst regulations, worst leadership, worst employees

>it's bad because it's bad

Yeah I was digging for specific examples but whatever bro

in bct and ait, how much does the company twink charge per load typically?

>Do you mean specialty?
Yes I meant are you going to be a special kind of medical officer like a PA type or full doctor or what

Can you get out of your first unit if you're in a hospital?

Asked a local for the cheapest dive, he said Hooters.

wat

>There is literally a 80/20 chance you get sent to a hospital for your first unit, where you will get fat.
I'm asking if you can get out of this situation and into the field.
Nice get btw.

normally, no. you're there for a reason.

How long do you have to stay in that unit?

Marine/Officer/hownottobeafailure
questions for the next hour.

Btw your mother and I are very disappointed in you.

im not sure what you're asking.
normal rotations are every few years and if you're in the hospital it varies depending on your issues. You won't get rotated just because you got fucked up though.

Me too bro, what's your mos?

68W, how about you?

Super excited for my AIT in San Antonio

88k, I got ait at ft Eustis Virginia

Rita’s on the River and The Esquire Bar are great options if you can handle tequila. Aside from that, stay on base and keep it cheap.

Why does everyone wanna be a an HM? Seems like HM, seabee rates and CT rates are the most sought after in the navy. I can understand seabees and CT rates but why HM? Aren't they basically nurses?

Navy question, what's the Recruiter to MEPS timeline if you're ready to rock n roll with all your shit together?

If you get a good recruiter, 1-2 weeks easily.

>Got a 29
Jesus christ monkey balls boy! I was a 23 year old highschool drop out and scored a 60 on the practice afqt and got a 82 on the real asvab. I thought I had bombed on the science part but it was all stuff I vaguely remembered from tenth grade so I could make an educated guess. Go to the asvab practice test sites, take a million test, write down the explanation for the question you dont know the answer too, and do this hundreds of times. The practice test on the internet were actually a lot harder than the actual asvab.

Is MEPS mostly delayed entry, or do you ship right there?

google dude. you make at least 2 meps trips.

two separate trips m8

/meg/ I don't know what to do. I'm about to graduate college with a degree in Poli Sci with minors in math and statistics (and nearly Comp Sci and engineering but fuck it) I've tried applying to a dozen places now (leaning public sector) and they either want me to have a Masters or have like 5 years experience. I want to eventually become an analyst in the government but I'm starting to think I should euther join the military or get a masters

Idk I'm drunk so fuck it

Attached: Dd5TfZ5U8AAWArQ.jpg (1199x690, 116K)

>he got a polisci degree
>going for thinktanks or policy analysis or officialdom

You're the 1 in 20 for whom going military is actually a career enhancer later. Do 5 years as an officer, and if you don't like it, the GI bill will pay your grad school (or do it while you're in with TA) and then you can put "former intel officer, etc" on every paper you write about post-ISIS politics.

it says it's two days, but then it says it's either DEP or DEPloyed

I got you buddy.

usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495302700

usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/497714500

Cont
Its a bad time to apply for jobs during the summer, usually october and march are when alot of jobs are posted.

Im 350F/GS11 security manager user. If you want any specific guidance for a certain pathway, ask away, I can get real specific.

i've known plenty of folks who got into govt straight outta college w/ a bachelors, though no polisci. I feel like you just need help with the searching. 350fanon can help you with that, though it's not always a super quick process it's quicker than a 4+ year stint with the mil. : )
If you do go, I recommend officer for career reasons.

Attached: 1519584266626.jpg (540x539, 69K)

The speed of shipping depends on the contract. Sometimes its 2 weeks, sometimes its 2 months, sometimes its 10 months. All depends.

Figures you are secman. I did that once, easy gig all things considered.

Hell yeah. I tried going back to DIA to do intel, but when i got to the HQ office for my area, the people were bad. Im talking, garbage coworkers. I played it out until probation time was over after a year, then picked up the best job in the area. Money is good, leadership is good, and its located across from my reserve office so its super convenient when I need to pop over and do shit there(I handle my units S2 as well).

As far as I can tell everyone is so enamored with SIGINT right now that they don't acknowledge it's short comings and they've let their HUMINT/CI basically become a giant clusterfuck. I mean am I wrong?

Attached: authorofallyourpain.jpg (600x800, 57K)

If anything SIGINT is strong and HUMINT is overcompensating.

You are wrong. Technical and Human sources work in tandem to produce with results. Over reliance on any system is doomed to failure.

Pretty new to /meg/ (probably need to read over the OP more) but after applying and looking at the requirements of different places ive realized I either need more education or be "institutionalized" (that how this CIA guy put it at the interview, referring to the military or i need more FEDERAL government experience, because working in IT for the FBI for 6 months doesnt cut it).

I guess I'd ask if you think getting a masters (I'm leaning international relations as my focus) would be better to do first before joining or after? (I dont think taking the GI benifits would fit, ive seen easily a dozen former military guys that didn't do well having to deal with "high school faggots, im a basic super senior and i already hate the freshmen and highschoolers that tour my university).

I would ask more questioms but I'm really regetting drinking a litre of frozen margarita, might ask more tomorroe

I'm with you. Army med is the largest system, so sure you'll find a flaw or two. That said, they're opening residencies to train more docs while Navy is closing them and airforce piggybacks off the other services.

Why do you say that?

Really? I've never seen any such thing.

Because looking through a telescope might yield you some far out imagery, but you aren’t aware of your surroundings. Combining SIGINT with other forms of intelligence allow the decision makers to decern threat levels/bullshit/validity of Intel reports.

So SIGINT alone isn't necessary to discern anything?

Actually let me rephrase this.

There is an interest in collecting as much bulk intelligence as possible. SIGINT can perform this as a native function, but much of this intelligence is difficult to use and still subject to counterintelligence and the limitations of SIGINT. HUMINT, good HUMINT, doesn't work that way, so craftsmanship has massively declined in quality in order to produce quantity.

Gotta get those quarterly numbers, right?

Attached: blackfox.jpg (594x395, 44K)

Not choosing to get the masters after cuz you are worried of dealing with younger people is retarded.

350F here, just in case someone else responds.

Based off of you wanting to be some sort of analyst, all of my advice will be toward getting a government job in that area. Mind you, CIA and FBI have different/special hiring procedures, so the jobs im talking about are everything else, DoD, state, all the depts in DC, etc, aka GS paygrade jobs.

You have a degree, I assume you have less than 1 year work exp in a job related to your degree. For reference, usajobs is where you will be applying for everything. IMO its easier(but lengthier) to get a gov job vs a private company, like youve noticed. If you take anything from what I write, take this, apply apply apply, if there is a job opening for something you qualify for, apply, and keep applying every single day until you get a call back.

Here are a few options for getting a job:

Option 1, look up hiring programs for recent grads or career pathways, these are job pools where agencies pull resumes from to fill positions for new grads with zero exp. You can usually find some on usajobs.

Option 2, attend career fairs at universities, and hand your resume over to any and all businesses that are hiring. I know for a fact places like CIA, FBI, etc send recruiters out to universities, there is a schedule online somewhere. But do attend these and put your resume out there.

Option 3, apply for any entry level job where you get basic work experience. I guarantee you that you can get a job at TSA for 36-42k a year with benefits as a GS5 position within 6 months of applying. Just having your foot in the door will let you transfer to any other gov job in any field you want, without needing veteran preference. Requirements for TSA job is highschool diploma and can speak english. If you really want to do some shit, you can apply for customs and border patrol officer or agent positions, those just require a degree or 3 years of work exp. Those ones are easy to get into as well, just takes less than 6 months.

cont

Maybe turn off the trip and the b8 would be more effective

ITT
Useful idiot teenagers hopped up on propoganda

cont

Option 4, join the reserves or NG in a job area that you want to end up in. You then use veteran preference and military training to use as work experience on your resume when you apply for jobs.

Option 5, join active military for 4 years minimum to gain work experience needed to apply for jobs you want.

Option 6, get your masters and apply for the entry level job you want because most of them waive work experience for graduate level degrees.

Does this give you some more ideas? If you need more details or specifics, let me know.

shush sigint is king

Can someone explain to me how leave works in the military? army specifically

does it work the same for a combat MOS as a non-combat MOS?