What does Jow Forums think of SCAR 17 prices right now? It was already priced high before...

What does Jow Forums think of SCAR 17 prices right now? It was already priced high before, but as of 2018 prices seem to be around $3,400 all the way up to $4,000 on some sites after FN raised the MSRP by $500 without offering any new features or changes. I wanted a SCAR 17 for a long time but FN might be pricing me out. I just don't think the gun is worth it. I can get an decent AR and Suppressor for that price.

Attached: 20160927_215726.jpg (4730x1571, 904K)

Attached: 9518445208_8d7d5e25db_b.jpg (1024x683, 246K)

You could get two H&K MR556s for that, and it's subjectively the superior piston driven platform

Try to find one used. Some of the AR10's are nice but they're pretty much always heavier then SCAR's. Also, several of the AR10 options are way more expensive then the SCAR.

3.5k - 4k for a fancy piston AR is a total fucking joke. When they were 2.5k-3k years ago, they were sort of worth it, but with how many piston systems there are on the market they just aren't worth it any longer.

I would if people actually kept track of their round counts. More than half of these retards don't. I have exact round counts for all my guns and I would like to keep it that way.

just get a SR25 instead

LOL

user, you might be a bit autistic

>H&K MR556s
>Superior
Yeah no, but i'd take one over a SCAR 16, because economics - they priced the 16 out of competiveness

Keeping round counts is normal for precision rifles. Its the kind of thing that the section of the gun community who bring a notebook to the range and leave after firing five shots do.

It's because demand exploded, they'll learn they have outpriced demand because they have caught up with production, and the price will drop again

I'm having a hard time justifying a SCAR over the LMT MWS, esp considering LMT is selling them in the same configuration as the L129A1

They're still $2800 at my LGS

Got any evidence to back that claim, pucciboi?

Snap it up

huh

I never knew that. It seems a bit much, but I've never been that invested in precision shooting personally.

>never kills anything at precision distance
>"check this sweet sub-MOA grouping at 500 bro!"
Worst part of ranges

I keep track of round counts for maintenance more than anything. I am doing youtube gun reviews on my spare time and like to be able to know at what point certain things fail.

The L129A1 config is about 1k more than the SCAR, and it's also about 3 pounds heavier. Excellent gun but it's a close call between the two.

>Never kills anything at precision distance.

Pls cite sources.

>Keeping round counts is normal for precision rifles
Ok. The SCAR's and AR-10s setup to do what SCAR's do aren't precision rifles. I don't see the point of your post.

The SCAR17 is easily the most sought after BR for it's modularity, rugged design and (1) MOA from an intermediate, multi purpose platform. Having no competetors and a strangle hold over the market puts FN in a position to cater to different financial demographics. As time goes on, and it remains the king of battle rifles, they will make it more expensive, all without cashing in entirely on the product. Because, you'll buy one. You really want one, right? And everybody understands. It's a great rifle.
t. Guy too poor for a SCAR but rich enough to have friends that own them and love them.

You also, next to MSRP need to look into mods for your trigger and the stock compensator is shit and INCREDIBLY loud. I've never fired a louder weapon before. Honest.

Attached: 12469598_539837289518388_5972631668051058298_o.jpg (1536x2048, 295K)

fnh wil always prioritize its government contracts. they're long term, high volume and dependable sources of income, even if the margins are much smaller. they're also less subject to the whims of state governments and political parties who don't like civillian gun ownership.

apparently fn got a whole another bunch of military contracts. all scars are produced on a low volume line in belgium (remember you're also paying import costs that the federal government doesn't), so if they divert anything to the (american) civillian market then yeah, they'll charge like a wounded bull. which is ironic, because it's extremely low cost to produce (designed to be so) and the us government apparently pays fuck all more for them than the m16/4s. .mil stopped using the 5.56 because it didn't make sense logistically, rather than any huge issue with the individual unit price. the 7.62 brings something to the table, the 5.56 not so much.

i would expect fn to continue to take this approach. why? because it makes them the most money. expanding or bringing the production line to the us would require a capital outlay, which means it would take time for them to recover costs, which would bring their profits down. right now they can sell basically every single weapon produced, and to andything to the civillian market with a big margin, and not have to spend anything extra, using a production line that probably paid for itself years ago. from a business point of view, it's the best option.

the patents on the scar will expire soon. once that happens, fn will probably open a production line in the us and pump scars into the market at accessible prices. they'll do this so they can get a head start on dominating a new market of scar copies (think the ar market now), and probably in order to displace armalite pattern rifles as the go to american long arm.