So I bought an osprey vest off sportsmans guide a couple months ago. Where do I get plates/inserts for it?

So I bought an osprey vest off sportsmans guide a couple months ago. Where do I get plates/inserts for it?

Attached: Capture.jpg (353x350, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-ahHV-JhVZM
ebay.co.uk/itm/Osprey-Armour-plates-for-vest/323341204517?hash=item4b48a33c25:g:0DAAAOSwe7JbQ~~d&_sacat=0&_nkw=osprey armor plates&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally check the catalog

>Sportsmans Guide
I bought from them with an email address unconnected to my normal email address because I didn't want their endless spam and my normal email address still ended up getting spammed.

same.
No. My question deserves its own thread. Go back to Jow Forums if you want to indulge in degenerate newfag generals and qtddiop threads.

Body armor thread?

I've wanted one of these tacticool Army of 2 face masks to hang on my gaming room wall for the longest time.

You could get these babies custom ordered: fiber glass, aluminum, steel, carbon fiber or kevlar. They had so many cool designs, but their old website is down now, and they sell just a handful of designs and only in fiberglass on Amazon. I had that site bookmarked for about 6 years

Attached: ColdBloodArt-Fiberglass-Battle-Dam.jpg (800x600, 71K)

Gay nerd.

You wish

Attached: ColdBloodArt-Paintball-Masks-2.jpg (630x420, 241K)

ArmourShield apparently makes these ones at least. Military Osprey plates have a unique cut that is different from a more traditional SAPI / Gamma / Shooter's / Swimmer's cut.

Attached: britishteaplates.png (1411x1044, 2.84M)

>ColdBloodArt-Paintball-Masks-2.jpg
Yeah, wow. I'm so jealous.

yeah, they make paintball masks and legit masks....or used to anyway...

youtu.be/-ahHV-JhVZM

Thanks. I'll follow up with them.

This is kind of cringeworthy, dude. Check yourself.

It's summer, give him a break.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Osprey-Armour-plates-for-vest/323341204517?hash=item4b48a33c25:g:0DAAAOSwe7JbQ~~d&_sacat=0&_nkw=osprey armor plates&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x225, 8K)

WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY A FUCKING SURPLUS INTERCEPTOR... YOU RETARD.

Attached: 24796400_1950063921687678_6789996360403871075_n.jpg (456x496, 26K)

I had an osprey without any of the accessories. Super comfy

Those are side panels. Useful but not the front and back OP needs.

A fair point. I'd too prefer being able to rely upon the endless hordes of normal-cut plates instead of having to hunt down british milsurp.

you want op to get shot in the side?

How much did you spend, though?

The problem with vests like these in the civilian market is that they have almost no practical application vs a plate carrier. In SHTF scenario there are no hospitals, no medivacs, and no help unless you're a billionaire sitting on years of food and supplies for a small army of trustworthy people. If SHTF, though I own a pretty substantial plate carrier and kit, I would put more stock into concealment and mobility than a massive, bulky, honestly cumbersome set up. I know that if I get shot and even if my protection works, I may succumb to injuries such as broken ribs, internal bleeding, etc. People invest a lot of stock into the armor. Even the biggest guys can go down to a broken neck after their ACH dead stopped an SVD round. Don't bother with bulky armor like this. It's intended purpose is for mounted, well supplied infantryman. Sell this shit on letgo to a COD kid or something. You really don't need it.

if you don't sperg out on summerfags then you'll continue to have shitty content in the fall.

I think OP needs front and back before he needs side panels.

I never bought an Osprey.

Plates themselves only protect a fraction of your chest - your vitals. These vests provide additional protection, usually NIJ Level II or NIJ Level IIIA, to a much wider area. For home defense, having wide protection from .44 Magnum, buckshot, .357 Magnum, and most 9x19mm seems pretty nice compared to just having plates that cover a relatively small region. Of course, the vest is bulky and might get in your way, but that's the price you must pay for protection.

Depends on what you have in mind for them. Vests in general are better for protection against artillery and explosives than they are for getting shot at. Not direct hits, mind you, but incidents where you are close enough to the explosion to be injured. For getting shot at, the best armour is not getting shot at, which is accomplished via camouflage and concealment more than any armour you have. Generally speaking, flak vests have shown themselves to be pretty useful in the Ukrainian conflict, where artillery is used a lot, and if you think a duginist hybrid war is possible where you life, then it might be a good idea to get a vest.