I'm going to Alaska soon from a foreign country in a few weeks...

I'm going to Alaska soon from a foreign country in a few weeks. Is there any cool Jow Forums related attractions to see/do?

Attached: Alaska.jpg (966x442, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nikesitesummit.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry for retarded grammar. I'm really tired at the moment

There are still remains of the defenses set up on the Aleutian Islands from WWII. You could also visit that abandoned bus where that little faggot Chris McCandless died. Personally, I'd rather go see Dick Proenneke's cabin.

I assume you're flying into anchorage.
If so, check out "Nike site summit". It's a defunct missile site. Tours cost a couple bucks, and you have to book in advance.
Other than that, AK is an /out/ist's wet dream. You're an Outlander, so buying firearms is off the table, but grab a can of bear spray before hitting trails, even in Anchorage. We just had a dude killed by a pissed off brown bear on a trail that sees hundreds of people per week.

Attached: no-outlander-i-dont-think-so.jpg (1024x768, 356K)

>You could also visit that abandoned bus where that little faggot Chris McCandless died.
The authorities actually had to move it closer to the road, because retarded "pilgrims" kept drowning in the waist-deep river fording.

How does one book a tour?

They followed their leader.

nikesitesummit.net

>retard goes into the bush by himself and dies
>other retards try to go into the bush to honor him and die as well
Amazing

Attached: Vilified.png (538x720, 398K)

Literally this whole state is Jow Forums incarnate
>Denali Park is absolutely gorgeous and when you get past the outskirts is absolutely empty. You can go off-trail and not see another person for days.
>Kenai Peninsula has a really neat tour where you see the largest population of grizzlies in Alaska
>Gates of the Arctic is wild, too far north for most tourists though
More /out/ than Jow Forums but whatever.

>Kenai Peninsula has a really neat tour where you see the largest population of grizzlies in Alaska
I believe you are referring to Katmai, across the cook inlet from the Kenai, but that's just semantics.
>Gates of the Arctic is wild, too far north for most tourists though
The haul road from fairbanks to deadhorse is one of my all-time favorite drives ever. I will never grow tired of it. The toolik lake area is a vision of heaven.

Thanks man. Will be going up thereon with friends.

Nah but if you're interested and willing to pitch in for ammo I might be willing to meet you at a public range and let you shoot a bunch of my shit.

Other than that there's like one rental range in palmer or something

Oh, but I forget. I think there's a WW2 museum of some kind in downtown Anchorage.

Also, nearly every non-chain gun store will have a few collector tier pieces.

The guy who owns Alaska Tactical on Muldoon, for example, has a few WW2 vintage guns and a bunch of NFA items ( MGs and such, plus some old school 90s SWAT type guns) all on display.

There's a suburb called eagle River that I live in with two hole in the wall type places, one called boondocks and the other is the eagle River gun cache.

Boondocks has a bunch of fudd stuff but also gets genuine wierd and antique shit sometimes too. Some on display/not for sale.

Gun cache is more modern but has a lot of neat shit like integrally suppressed pistols, a few used guns like a near mint P38 and a Beagle brand Deagle.

Tbh most of the cool shit comes out at gun shows though. Everything from USP experts to old Garands, AKs, etc.

There's a lot of good hikes but the Jow Forums value is low-key.

All those things are psychotically far from each other. The bus alone is 300+ miles from anchorage. The aleuts? Triple that and you have to take a bush plane or boat out there. Alaska is fuck ass huge.

I’ll bring you on to JBER and let you check out the base and see some monuments and attractions we’ve got, nothing more Jow Forums then checking out old warbirds and tanks we’ve got sitting around

Attached: image.jpg (1024x731, 780K)

Can you actually bring him on if he's a foreign national?

Go to southeast and visit the hole.

Attached: hole.webm (740x416, 2.82M)

Buy something on Alaska list. Our Craigslist but with guns. Learn to shoot some and mail it home in peaces when your done. Also go see some sled dogs and take a goldmine tour

It's like some kind of Stalker anomaly.

Hint: glaciers

I don't know what that means.

Attached: DSCN5983.jpg (3264x2448, 1.77M)

If you're up for a good hike, there's a downed bomber on a glacier up in Hatcher Pass.

Reed trail right? It's quite a hike.

Sorry, Reed lakes trail.

Sup fellow Juneau fag

You retards act like you can't bring a gun on a plane. (through baggage claim)

What, does Canada not let Americans fly guns over their country? Are they afraid it's going to go off and kill one of their enemies? (they win)

I believey, if you are an American, you can take a gun on checked baggage, as long as your flight never lands in Canadian territory, and goes direct from Alaska to the lower 48

I was thinking he could go to the indoor machine gun range then go get some pot, they sell it in the valley somewhere.

Attached: DSCN3587.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

Foreigners cannot purchase firearms in the us user.
If he brings his own, that's a-ok.

you’re supposed to get a pass with a foreigner but I’ve done it before and it’s easy as pie

Heroin
MDA if you're poor

If you find yourself in Juneau there's a gun range where you can rent full retard guns and turn money into smoke, noise and fun.