Why are animals so much tougher than us?

I shot a chipmunk today with my pellet gun. It chronos at 800 FPS. I was maybe 10 ft away. It popped up in the air, thrashed on the ground for a second or two, then ran under my porch. I have no doubt it’s dead but holy shit how did it not drop dead from the initial impact? Let’s scale it up: .177 to a chipmunk is like 2 inches to a grown man. Coons I’ve executed with a .22 trough the skull will dance for 5 to 10 seconds before keeling over. Ive shot deer in the fucking heart and they still pop up and run a bit. is there a reason why animals can do this and we can’t?

Attached: 02295227-6FF2-4EA9-964E-FDB5DE870FDC.jpg (675x1200, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>is there a reason why animals can do this and we can’t?
A lot of us are weak pussies. Solid humans of complementary disposition make for tough critters and will behave in much the same way as you describe.

have you ever shot a man?
how do you know we don't do the same?

Raw survival instinct, dogs are the best example. Everyone knows that neighborhood dog that was hit by a car 2-3 times, in countless fights, and seems to have no home.

>is there a reason animals can survive being shot and we can't?

I don't know OP why don't you try asking one of the countless people who have survived being shot and maybe they can tell you.

Humans can occasionally take a lot of rounds too, there are tons of police videos were someone gets shot like 3 times, is on the floor, then gets up and charges officers. Shot placement matters a lot unless you mag dump someone, but being on drugs also seems to help a lot.

This.
Search: gun data FBI handgun ballistics
Humans with nothing but adrenaline pumping through their veins can keep attacking you for 15 seconds with no heart or lungs.

yo dawg fitty cent took like 200 rounds to the chest and he still kickin

no, some, really most, of us don't live in niggerhoods

If I mag dump a home invader, am I more likely to get in trouble? I feel like I wouldn't want to risk them getting back up since a lot of the kind of people who would burglarize an occupied residence seem like they would be junkies.

Congratulations, you've killed a sentient being for no reason other than entertainment.

They where only 9mm's

Attached: 1357169970546.png (750x600, 340K)

I get skunks in my yard.
Should I shoot them or would that be like blowing up a septic tank?

Animals' central nervous systems are wired differently than ours. Basically the nerve tissue connecting their brains to their muscles are much more developed. It's the same reason chimps are significantly stronger than any human despite having similar muscle density. As a result, animals' bodies will be able to continue to function despite having sustained trauma that would put a human into shock nearly instantly.

Attached: image.jpg (499x1440, 172K)

Attached: hill yes creature 2.png (399x466, 280K)

The supra was fucking awesome

It seems like they have some kind of automatic neuro-muscular response that we don't. (see that gif of that pig getting decapitated with a chainsaw while it's body remains in full sprint mode). Our brains are just wired for different priorities.

I too would like to know, my brother and I are trying to get some pelts together and a skunk would be a fine addition to my collection.
I want to shoot it with my handgun though so I feel bad ass and I can say something like "That really stinks... for you" after I shoot it.

OP have you ever squeezed to death a Gerbil with your ass cheeks?

fags get out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nah it was tearing up the flower bed. kept having to buy flowers every few days to replace the ones it tore up. wife said enough of that shit, kill it.

theres a video where a home invader with a machete gets shot and just lies on the floor saying the guy he broke in at did a good job shooting him and just talks about he is going to die
its pretty intense
Theres also an article about it, the shooter walked free

True. OP is a dipshit. We should hit him with a 9mm and see how he responds.
Kill for food or population control. Killing anything for no reason is dispicable.

Holy shit an actual answer. I didn’t expect that.

the reason why chimps are stronger is because their musclesfibers are different from humans

The MK3 Supra was cooler

If only the answer wasn't a complete fallacy.

not disputing that I’m a dipshit.
not disputing that a 9mm to my heart would be a good thing.
but when the wife orders a death sentence I gotta carry it out.

is it? what’s the real answer then?

They aren't different, people have walked around with 20+ rounds in them, including one in the head.
I can't remember exactly what, there's a Donut Operator video and I can't be arsed to find it.

RZ for life bitch

Don’t kill shit for no reason brother. You are making me feel like a fag but that lil critter wasn’t doing nothing. Only kill out of necessity, not out of boredom.

chimps have super tendons and super muscles that are good for doing chimp shit.
Also why niggers so good at sports

See

and
Humans ain't no punk bitch

I get that but how many people have taken a 20mm round and ran off?

force equals mass times acceleration
it's not a straight line from BB to 20mm just because you scale it up

its the shock, not our own issues
a PCP goblin can walk around getting magdumped centermass without flinching
a conscious person can be shot and they'll immediately drop and start screaming
our brains have rationalized how we should react when shot as we see from things like hollywood and TV
whereas someone who is floating beneath conscious rational thought, that doesn't mean shit.

Go back to R*ddit you fucking degenerate

>not our own issues
not our own physical limitations, just psychological limitations*

Not to change the subject but I’m no physiology expert. If you got a chimpmonk problem you are going it wrong. Trap them first, shoot them second. A Hav-A-Heart trap baited with sun flower seeds will get them every time. I have trapped 15 in the last two weeks.

Attached: AEDFC886-CD39-4F1F-A2AD-A7A3B6145078.jpg (2592x1936, 988K)

This. 20mm splits a man in half....he may not run but he may flop around a bit.

This. Death is a gift. The only true peace is the peace of the grave.

They've evolved from all the years of hunting and can sustain light calibers more easily now.

I will rape you.

yeah you’re right. just seems like a pellet would be a big hole to such a small creature.

Sorry bro but those sick aeromodz make the car faster around the corners

Attached: 50-cent-tupac-1435066327-view-1.jpg (620x460, 38K)

On a similar note why do most animals non-chalantly kill members of the same species attacking them while humans are warry and/or feel bad about killing attackers ?
I can't see any evolutionary reasons for this.

symptom of empathy.
Or if you're a religious man, the divinity of the human soul leaking through for a moment.

Would there be any way to train these limitations out ? Other than liberian witchcraft shenanigans.

The issue is shot placement and over penetration.
An 800 fps pellet rifle will over penetrate a small animal at 10 yards and will not have the velocity to expand in such a soft target. This means you need a heart or a brain shot. The critter ran because your shot placement was bad. Pic related was shot with a 13.7grain pellet at 440 fps and did not run.

Attached: rsz_20180620_191306.jpg (2448x1377, 1.24M)

I wonder why we have this much empathy, from a evolutionary standpoint it is useless.

we're tribal animals. so no it is not useless

*seems useless.
There might be a reason that i did not find out yet.

Chimp and other apes seem pretty chill about killing, but they still have functioning tribes.

This is a bullshit answer. Absolute bullshit.

so do we. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
koko the gorilla liked cats. We still shot harambe

How many animals have?

>ugh just ugh i cant even ugh

Attached: 1519849615248.jpg (637x445, 24K)

Harambe did nothing wrong. Those faggot cops mistakenly valued that nigglet's life. (whose own mother abandoned) over that majestic bamboo eater.

skinwalker maybe.

Humans have lesser instinct to survive.
Just look at how many people have died in useless wars when they should have just hanged their leaders.

But there is cases where humans have survived from losing multiple limbs without having immediate first aid.
Good example is that some people die from basic gut shot and someone else crawls hundreds of meters and survives couple of days when guts have turned to mush and are trying to exit through wound.
Some of us are too hard headed to die.

Attached: woop woop.jpg (760x596, 168K)

I meant killing their own species.
I asked why many humans are empathethic to the point that they feel bad about killing people attacking them, you said it was because we were tribal animals but chimps are tribal and don't have this.

The other thing to consider is that if you make a headshot that destroys the brain, the spinal column is going to start sending out a bunch of nerve signals since it's central computer just went down. This will cause the body to jump and move erratically, but anything capable of feeling pain is long gone

>caveman ugg
>defeat grug
>grug is begging for grugs life, grug is wetting grug loincloth
>ugg know grug is no threat, everyone see ugg defeat grug and respect ugg as bigger better warrior
>ugg say "no, ugg kill you"
>grug realizes grug is about to die and experiences the most hardcore surge of adrenaline the human body can endure
>grug goes absolutely apeshit and kills ugg, sustaining mortal injuries himself
>both ugg and grug die without reproducing

what are you talking about man those flames add at least 100hp

>grug should've used 45 rock instead of puny 9 rock
>ugg would've gone out immediately from 45 rock stopping power

Worse. Septic tanks would dry out and not stink in a few months. I head shot a skunk thinking id be safe. Seems they release the vomit inducing odor anyway. You could smell where i buried it 18 months latter.

This sounds like bullshit. We had a skunk that was fucking with our chickens so we trapped it and shot it through the trap. It sprayed and the smell lasted for a few days in the area and we placed the corpse far enough out we couldnt smell it. Skunks are bad but they dont stan shit for months.

fuck i want a .45. fuck it doesn't have a safety. fuck the 9mm is $200 less. fuck the .45 has a lot of aftermarket support

Utter massive fucking horseshit, I bet youve never even seen a gun IRL either, holy fuck worst lie ive ever fucking read on this lithuanian buttcrack washing forum.

>no heart
>pumping through their veins

i mean, constant training works in the heat of the moment way too well in some cases
if police officers pumping with adrenaline start instinctively lining up ammo neatly on a flat surface during a firefight, i'm sure you can self indoctrinate instinctual pain and fear responses out somehow

where can I get a supra

Attached: 78DCBBD4-86D9-4DFA-A6DC-A9927E95CC21.jpg (749x800, 166K)

TFW

Attached: 22FFB18B-0C4B-4B66-8DAB-B2CFB7B49D53.jpg (550x448, 28K)

People have been impaled by objects wider than 20mm and survived. That is very different from being hit by a supersonic 20mm projectile.

Because this basic empathy is overridden towards outsiders when we group together. It's a fairly basic conclusion to figure out.

I think boxing would be one of the best ways to build a tolerance towards pain and systemic shock. Then you need to training and experience to keep your head cool in general life and death situations.

Specifically, chimps muscle fibers connect further distal at arm's and legs, for better mechanical advantage. Basically the lever of the joints is more efficient because it's pulling from further away.

Their fine motor skills are also inferior. They'd never be able to e.g solder or play a guitar, something we can do.

You can be as tough as any animal and it's not even a secret:
>stop wearing clothing
>stop utilizing the spoken word
>live outside in the woods staying away from other people
In no time at all you will find that you have gained the resolute toughness any woodland creature.

Nah, he meant actual raccoons.

>they'd never be able to be a soldier
wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War granted it's not quite the same as our soldiers but they still have organized combatants.

Yeah that's about it. Humans stop sooner because of psychological factors. Belief, Will, Crazy and Drugs get humans to behave like you describe.

Might wanna reread his post

>humans are warry and/or feel bad about killing attackers ?
That's a cultural thing.

>feel bad about killing attackers
Vlad the Impaler and Joseph Stalin say hello.
Knowing how many conflicts, murders, and genocides happened throughout history I'd say we're in the same boat, arguably us even moreso.

I heard he got shot AT 9 times. All nine didn't hit him.

SOLDER not SOLDIER

Not all humans feel bad for it, but the amount of humans who do is bigger than the amount of animals who do (wich is 0).

>reading comprehension

Attached: 33330F4C-6F5C-45AC-9174-27BB59E01188.jpg (1023x365, 69K)

The toughest animals I've met are woodchucks. Nothing that small should be able to take 3 .22 magnums and walk it off.
>Ive shot deer in the fucking heart and they still pop up and run a bit.
This is normal.

Veins pump because of muscle contraction. Arteries are the ones that are pumped by the heart.

Attached: MusclePump-Page38.jpg (600x755, 113K)

To be fair none of those people are really soldering as well because they don't have the solder, just the iron.

Lmfao spineless fag stay pamperd in the city.

>most animals non-chalantly kill members of the same species attacking them
They don't. Most fights, in most species, only last long enough to establish dominance -- once the loser has had enough, the winner usually lets them leave rather than killing them.

Spineless?!

Just because someone doesn't care to take precious life from a living thing doesn't mean they are spineless. Every creature that is normal wants to be happy in its own way..whatever that way may be.

But your statement is silly and its something a child would say.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are one whom still fears death.

seeing dead animals makes me sad :(

What kind of air pistol is that?

This.