Why did the Pancor Jackhammer never take off...

Why did the Pancor Jackhammer never take off? Only three of them were ever made and they're now known mostly as a weapon in video games.

Attached: 400px-Jackhammer.jpg (400x141, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VKGhqIl4Gw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they were heavy, prone to jamming, cumbersome, had terrible ergonomics and offered no benefits over the alternatives.

I'm not a robot.
youtube.com/watch?v=-VKGhqIl4Gw

Are you really that retarded, OP?

because it didn't work and by sheer coincidence ended up at a prop company
it would probably be the MOST forgotten weapon if it wasn't for that
the kind that only exist in pictures

Because it was a functionally worse design than the AA12, and if that never took off in spite of a 10 year head start, the jackhammer had no chance.

>a mechanism to turn the magazine into a landmine

This would have been so perfect for Perfect Dark.

Take an AA12 and make it even worse. That's why.

The ultimate reason for why it died is because the owner insisted on selling the design to the military. Early interest got his hopes up and he pushed the thing for decades when the military had no reason to adopt a new shotgun when it was buying the m16 and car-15. I think a lot of people in the current civilian market would forgive some of the retardation in the design just to have a bullpup shotgun that isn't a miserable Cobray abortion.

Why is this feature not incorporated into videogames? The jackhammer was garbage in Battlefield 2, but if you could drop mags as claymores, it would have been a bit more worth it.

Didn’t the cylinder gap burn your face and arm or something?

Literally inferior to a $200 mossberg.

No one needs an automatic shotgun. A lot of militaries/police forces don't even use semi-autos.

This. It's only cool in theory and every time an auto shotty was made it turned out to be a flaming dumpster fire. Semi autos and pump actions are fine, but more importantly they actually work.

looks like a fucking lasgun

you could just said saiga 12

I thought the Jackhammer was select fire between safe, semi, and auto. Is it auto only like the AA12?

Also, agreed that auto shotties are not useful for much of anything. The Jackhammer had two cool ideas going for it:
- landmine mags as mentioned above
- cylinder mags and other cool-looking (note - not functioning) design choices

In reality, box mags are still king of everything, tube mags are still king for most shotguns, unmarked landmines (what's the point if they are marked?) are war crimes, and we already have proven pump and semi auto shotguns from Benelli and Mossberg.

Like the AA12, the Jackhammer answered a question no one was asking. Like the AA12, it is also dead. That being said, if someone bought the patent or if it has expired and made a semi-auto version, I'm sure some people would buy them for the novelty. I don't know if that is sustainable business though. I also don't remember if the original design is an SBS too or if it met the 18" barrel req of the NFA for shotguns. Lots of hoops there.

Full auto only, no select fire. Don't know why none of them thought to make them select fire, but last I remember the guys who made the AA12 are still kicking and the head creator got really butthurt over no one wanting it. Least they gave us the USAS 12 though.

Clearly just science fiction, the american dream in practice - our guy just wanted to make a badass looking gun but went a bit psycho thinking it was actually practical. You can tell just by looking at it that its not designed as a practical defensive machine - its a toy.

It has a gas seal similar to a hand nugget's.

>what's the point if they are marked?
area denial you dongus

Theres an entire Forgotten Weapons video on exactly this question my guy