Why can't people go hunting without dressing like tacticool faggots anymore?

Why can't people go hunting without dressing like tacticool faggots anymore?

Attached: hunting_style_3.jpg (540x348, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jagdfieber.com/Styles/Classic-Style/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The animals are getting smarter every year because we only kill the ones dumb enough to make mistakes.

Same reason cops can't cop without LARPing as operators. Surplus is cheap.

TBQH, surplus is better than a lot of traditional hunting clothes. My noise discipline is better in surplus pants than in any other rugged work pants.

I wear Crye precision G3 combat pants and Crye multi cam field shirts to hunt. It’s the best hunting clothes and it only costs 500 dollars for the full set

Because surplus became more prevalent, and hunting camouflage became cheaper and more widespread.
If you're deer hunting, feel free to wear just a plaid shirt, but if you're turkey hunting, you wear camo.

This. Outdoorsmen have always made use of affordable hard-wearing military kit.

What does this thread have to do with foot fetish and anal sex user?

Well obviously I would look pretty silly hunting blacktails with my suppresssd ar 300 blackout sbr and no plate carrier. Stay frosty and swivels

Yeah yeah - and some of us are old enough to remember when men wore hats and ties and women wore stockings and heels to go on an airplane. People have no style anymore and don't put any effort into themselves. That's really the problem here.

Attached: Peterson.jpg (1200x800, 89K)

Fashion has always trended toward casual. Top hats and tailed coats were originally hunting attire for royal courtiers.

>T. 30 year old boomer fudd

Attached: nofun.jpg (448x473, 54K)

Upland jackets, shirts, pants and tall laced boots were the tacticool mall ninja shit for hunters back then.

There are better hunting gear, but that tends to be more expensive.

Stop walking around like a fat retard. I hunt turkey in brown/beige Magellan pants, a tan or green T shirt, and Vans shoves. It's quiet, it cleans easily, and minus the shoes it what I normally wear for work.

30 y/o isn't boomer you idiot

>inb4 I was merely pretending

Attached: 1528635401731.jpg (1500x1500, 344K)

Attached: IMG_7090_zerg.jpg (1500x1000, 1.17M)

Items and prices

And do they come in black?

Black is for retards and is useless.

I literally hunt in my jeans, tenny runners, and a hoodie. lololol

jagdfieber.com/Styles/Classic-Style/

oh, you're being serious...

>Surplus is cheap.
Serisouly, I was going to pick up some stuff because my uncle wanted to teach me deer hunting, holy fuck everything is so expensive! They want to charge me $20 for "Deer Soap" so the deer don't smell me. Hunting shotgun shells are around 3 bucks a shell...

Baschlik Cap (also called ski cap, very similar to the m43 field cap), zipped wool sweater, wool pants, jackboots, some kind of wool cape apparently.

Wool is easy to dye pitch black btw. Some fellow on fa did it to M51 wool pants and it looked quite nice.

>men wore hats and ties and women wore stockings and heels
>People have no style anymore and don't put any effort into themselves.
Or they just asked themselves what purpose all that served. What purpose does it serve for a guy to wrap a piece of cloth tight around his neck other than making him hot and uncomfortable? Is it any surprise that a girl wouldn't want to hinder herself by walking on her toes everywhere? It's no surprise that people started to choose comfort and practicality.

Good ole' juden peterstein.

>mfw 18
>mfw always gone elk hunting in redwings wool overcoat and jeans with a leather hunting belt
>mfw i hunt with a wood stocks sako in 7mm
>mfw get called boomer fudd faggot by everyone for having any respect for tradition

Yes it is you fucking newfag

>We're so clever now
>Lol our ancestors were silly
The purpose of suits, basically any kind of respectable fashion, is to prove to others that you are willing to spend the time and effort necessary to do so, thereby proving your respect for them and the social rules and organization they belong to. Thus the elaborate rules, the costly materials, the often impractical details... wearing something decidedly impractical even increases the effect, because even beyond spending money and time (or your servants time), you are sacrificing your own comfort. It is a powerful signal to facilitate mutual respect, trust, cohesion. You can see this in all highly developed cultures, from the roman toga over various courtly fashions all over the world to the modern suit.
So what does it mean that our culture loses interest in the value of these signals? It means we're taking other peoples' goodwill and trust for granted or do not value them, we've stopped believing in social rules, we've stopped believing in the value of effort to prove our adherence to them. It's probably a bit more complicated (and I am not a sociologist), but there are many, many people who feel that it is a sign of a culture in a process of degeneration.

Just use sent blocker and jeans and flannel are fine.

Attached: Heaven.jpg (1569x2023, 462K)

I go hunting in jeans, sneakers, trucker cap and a blaze orange fleece three times too large

>It means we're taking other peoples' goodwill and trust for granted or do not value them, we've stopped believing in social rules, we've stopped believing in the value of effort to prove our adherence to them
Or maybe we don't believe in adhering to those social rules in superficial ways when even the people who do adhere to those superficial rules regularly are pieces of shit that aren't trustworthy.

Face it, your grandparents looked nice. You look like shit.

Attached: traditional family early 50s.jpg (500x376, 108K)

Face it, that idealized past you go on about is as real as Santa Clause, and it's time to grow up.

>Something isn't 100% working
>Let's abolish it altogether

That is the exact same logic that teenagers work off when dareing each other to do dumb shit to appear macho to eachother..

I just hunt in jeans, t-shirt and sneakers. a chest rig isn't going to help me decapitate an emu at 300m or run down and knife a boar.

More like if the superficial elements of a code cease to be usable for identifying if a person follows that code, then those superficial elements become meaningless and will be abandoned for the sake of practicality.

It’s ultimately the same reason some animals have resource wasteing things like crests, elaborate dances, or bright colors. It says “Look at me, I’m so well off I can afford to do this. I’m a good mate.”
So of corse we’ve slowly gotten rid of these practices, even if the underlying drive is still there. As we’ve advanced over the last few centuries we’ve subconsciously realized we now have better ways of showing our prospects as a mate than through ridiculous displays. Also on top of that people marry for love theses days far more than than any other.

>We've advanced beyond basic biology
Lol no. We've just exchanged one set of criteria and signals for another. Social dominance, outcome independence, physical attractiveness, all the stuff that the PUAs do to get chicks now and all the things Chad does naturally. Youth dares for machismo are a perfect example. I can guarantee you, the ones who pass them get infinitely more pussy than the ones who don't even show up for them.
>people marry for love theses days
You mean, people partner for attraction, rather than economical security (marriage is a different thing, but marriage is also not what it used to be). Precisely my point: the old fashion signalized effort, dependability, affluence and that's what made success in times past. Now one would rather signalize confidence, rebelliousness, carelessness. Egoism. Lack of care for social rules.

this is top fedora

Attached: 1499782168309.jpg (500x373, 51K)

mostly its cost i guess. check your local walmart at the beginning of hunting season. pants, longsleeve, jacket and hat in hunting camo together go for less than 100 bucks.

for traditional clothing on the other hand you already have to search for.

>Yeah yeah - and some of us are old enough to remember when men wore hats and ties and women wore stockings and heels to go on an airplane. People have no style anymore and don't put any effort into themselves. That's really the problem here.

Attached: fedora.jpg (480x600, 21K)

god bless you emu stabbing hero, we deserve

>t. abo

I usually hunt in a plain tan fishing hat, coyote long sleeve with big chest pockets, tigerstripe BDU pants and cheap surplus desert boots. I live in southern AZ and have found this arrangement to be effective. If it's impromptu rabbit hunting I'll wear whatever I'm already wearing, get it dirty and bloody and enjoy myself regardless. I hope you go out and enjoy yourself in whatever attire you choose for your adventures.

Attached: 1509328853990.jpg (540x539, 69K)

What is /fa/ for bow hunters?

Fuck I wish we could get away dressing like this in America.

>$500 for clothes to walk around in the woods

I don't hunt but if I ever did I'd just wear what I wear for fishing: jeans, boots, jacket, and the various flavors of hats/caps I have.
>$3 a shell
The fuck? Is there even any difference between a "deer" shell and regular shells?

Maybe it's successful for you because turkeys aren't used to seeing 300lb people and haven't started to recognized the new shape of humans.
Other people find more success wearing camo, because even if the turkey notices you, you still have a chance because your human shape is broken up by the camo.
inb4 you say you never have spooked a turkey before and are a master of the hunt.

>you never have spooked a turkey before and are a master of the hunt

Attached: GAWbul.jpg (600x367, 28K)

I wouldn't say I dress "tactically" for hunting but my job makes it so that I have a certain amount of "tactical" clothing and gear made for hard use in the elements, so if I need something and have something similar, I'm not gonna go out and buy a new fudd version just because mine is "tactical"

Same reason I hunt in my issued winter boots, because they're awesome, I already have them and I don't ever get to wear them for work anyway.

Clean your room!

I will user, ty.

Attached: B90DF558-58A3-4431-B4BA-F261AEFCFABD.jpg (958x598, 69K)

>earth tone jacket
>button up long sleve shirt underneath
>loose fitting comfortable pants
>long wood stocked weapons
These boys are OG tacticool faggots

Of course there's a goddamn Peterson pic... just go back

Attached: 1527718361648.png (960x720, 1.28M)

holy shit those hands

he must have some kind of condition, that doesn't look normal

When did blaze orange become tacticool?

I wear camo by element outdoors.
It's pretty good quality.

Watch what you say about me, handlet.

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 8K)

And the people who don't bother at all are complete trash, what's your point?

I got some mossy oak pants for $5 and a shirt for like $10. My jacket was around $50 but I don't like it. It's very noisy.

The fuck is keeping you from dressing like that? Other than how you'd have tons of potential sexual partners to choose from in both the female and male variety.

cops used to look this cool
now they look like faggots from the gear queer threads

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 4.28.05 PM.png (1094x974, 1.04M)

He might be talking sabots which are very different, if standard slugs or buck though that's a huge ripoff.

You don't have to wear camo to be a traditional road hunter huh?

Attached: 5446D688-4281-4D02-8BDD-B9015F9500BE.jpg (2448x3264, 1.83M)

that looks so comfy

>mfw I work as a hunting guide in new Mexico...
Get off your ass yuppy

It's the fault of mass immigration and the (((media))). Blacks and Mexicans are poor so they don't care if they dress like shit, and this carried over to People-of-Walmart rednecks and idiot city people wearing what they see in nigger rap videos and reality TV. Even back in the early 90s people dressed better.

Also applies to this You can thank nigger and Mexican gang members wielding smuggled AKs and RPGs in rap videos for the descent into police state status

Anyone else just bury the clothes they are going to hunt in for a couple of days in the dirt. Instead of using "scents".
>Am I the only one?

Throw them in a garbage bag with dirt and foliage from where you're going to hunt in for a few days.

Just because style has changed doesn't mean people have. People still drop hundreds of dollars on designer clothes to show off

want a real answer?

ok fine
here goes

Awesome rocking boots ike those gents are wearing
they cost about 400 dollars and are hand crafted..some run higher.

Those hunting jackets/coats...100-200

Awesome Trousers that are out of style by 70 years that are tailored for those awesome boots....100-150
So those styles can still be had for hunting...they just cost more because they are not produced in mass numbers anymore
And new shit is just more available and cheap and keeps you way more Dry than canvas duck. New shits warmer as well.

Thats my take. I could be wrong. But thats what me thinks.

The people I've gone hunting with have always worn camo. Dad started me hunting at a young age and we just always wore it no matter what we hunted.
There's also the fact that I live in the Southeastern US and some might see it as stupid.
Doesn't stop me from daydreaming about dressing like this cause I'm a Euroboo.

Attached: Englishhuntingclothes.jpg (736x1104, 105K)

>painting is representative
Maybe clothes are, in part, just a very visible facet of conspicuous consumption and serve as a way to convey identity as well as function?

based vernon poster

>cause I'm a Euroboo
The only europeans dressing like that today are the uber rich who swap wives after the ball.

You just have a faggy larp.

Have you actually looked at early 90s fashion? It was dominated by the grunge look and people unironically dressing like the Power Rangers cast.

The overwhelming majority of crimes are still committed with low caliber Saturday night specials.

It's just a flat cap, collared shirt and tie, wool jacket, trousers, and boots. You could put that together at any halfway decent department store.