Why are not every modern rifle bullpup yet?

Why are not every modern rifle bullpup yet?

Attached: Steyr-AUG-A3-M1-8.jpg (674x379, 349K)

Because bullpups are gayer than two men fucking.

because it takes some brain to design a decent one.

Because its not the 90s anymore and the differences between a bullpup and an SBR shooting M855 is not significant enough to justify the lack of amidexterity.

Because bullpup is a meme
>closer muzzle flash
>can't adjust the stock

Because "Bullpups are a meme" is a meme

Because culture moves forward one funeral at a time

Because small arms don't fucking matter and even then, rifles matter a tenth as much as machine guns.

>you can't make a bullpup ambidextrous

wow, horrid b8

>Because bullpup is a meme
No
>>closer muzzle flash
Doesnt have to be, you can just increase the barrel length, but that kinda defeats the purpose
>>can't adjust the stock
Yes you can in modern rifles. You cant fold it, but adjust it? Absolutly.

Because the advantage they offer isnt seen asgood enough to justify the higher manufacturing cost.

Its almost like its the same reson literally everything that isnt beeing adopted isnt.

You can for sure, but it wasn't done when it mattered in the sunshine period of bullpup adoption of 1970-1990 so now its basically irrelevant. Ambidextrous efforts are either relative commercial failures like the F2000 or who even knows what the fuck like the MDR.
Hes right you know.

There is no reason a bullpup can't have an adjustable length stock.

A bullpup could have the barrel lengthened so it is the same overall length as a rull length traditional rifle placing the muzzle the same distance from your face. Yet it would still have the advantage of an additional 6 inches of barrel. You could have a bullpup with a 22" barrel with the same overall length as a 16" M4 with the muzzle the same distance from your face.

>bullpup

Attached: 1482165921824.jpg (635x472, 36K)

>thinking he's baiting
is calling out b8 the new b8?

Everything is a compromise. Most people don't like the compromises that come with bullpup designs.

Cuz its gay

>differences between a bullpup and an SBR shooting M855 is not significant
Imagine being this retarded

because not every situation needs a bullpup.

you can't beat people to death with a bullpup in an ergonomic way

>Yes you can in modern rifles. You cant fold it, but adjust it? Absolutly.
>There is no reason a bullpup can't have an adjustable length stock.

Can you do it in the field, with a quick flip of a switch?

A bullpup typically already has a long LOP so an adjustable stock is only for the hugest of huge dudes who still need more despite the plates they are wearing. Better and cheaper to issue extended buttplates for those situations.

>so now its basically irrelevant
Except for a few cuntries that still do, so its not irrelevant. Just that those who are currently comfortable with their AR derivatives are too busy spending billions on vehicles that will see almost no action in their entire service lives, despite ye old infantrymen still taking casualties in real combat every now and then. Typical first world spending priorities, of course.

The only real advantage a bullpup gives is a shorter overall length. Being "used to it" or trained on it so it's easy to use, having one that's ambidextrous, yeah that's great and all but that's not really a serious advantage over other guns.

However people talking shit because SBRs are now competing, riddle me this

>sbr your bullpub
>even SHORTER package

Still it's only advantage, but definitely still counts.

Eventually, bullpups will be reliable, comfortable and cost-effective enough that they will be just better overall, but that's still a while away. No, they won't globally replace everything, but they'll slowly become the standard. Give it a few decades.

Because fast mag changes are more important than a marginally shorter rifle.

Bullpups are gay.

Yep. It isnt more difficult then adjusting any other stock. You are however restricted to certain limits in how much you can adjust it.

conventional set-ups are much easier to design well than a bulpup, especially when you can have all the controls right at your finger tips without having to use work arounds (fire selector, mag release, bolt release and trigger all very close) as well as easy visibility of the bolt to check for jams and the ability to see the mag well when reloading.

roses are red
violets are blue
bullpups are short
my dick is too

>No, they won't globally replace everything, but they'll slowly become the standard. Give it a few decades.
Is that why every Goddamn army on the planet is switching to an AR-15 or AR-18 clone? Even the slavs and hajjis are switching away from AKs.

>Give it a few decades.
We're already at, what, four since bullpups started to become standard issue in major militaries? How many more do you think you need, sport?

Hell, we've had bullpup Springfield 1903s since pre-WWI, over a century to prove their utility and there's still nothing they can do to justify their existence that a standard rifle can do just as well if not better, with the exception of the P90, which is THE unbeatable PDW of all time and likely will continue to be so for about as long as the AR-15 remains the pre-eminent rifle. However the P90 is not a rifle so it doesn't really count for this argument.

As a side note, the Bulldog/Rogue M14 modification and the Bushmaster M17S are kino bullpups, but they still aren't really any better than their standard chassis (M14 and AR-18, respectively)

Attached: bulldog_20120730_115542.jpg (1024x768, 283K)

Because whatever improvements they offer are offset by the advantages in cost, interoperability, and flexibility you get from the AR platform.

Same reason infantry body armors suck and are heavy af, corrupt governments would rather spend fortunes on wunderwaffe.

Cost, lack of modularity.

How do they do at the National Matches or in 3 gun?

absolute shit, they just can't match the speed and precision of an AR15

user.. I'm so sorry.

Attached: 1520977271023.png (625x773, 111K)

>what is a barrel-punch?

Bullpups are great if you are a manlet, the shorter overall length fits an asian better than an normal AR and is less unwieldy.

t. Conscipt who trained on a bullpup and has to shoot a M16 in his unit

Airsoft community is working on that
Pic is bullpup scar l
They also have bullpup ak, bullpup g5, even a bullpup.glock

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (3315x1865, 281K)

croatian vhs has an adjustably stock

Attached: 1465572501232.jpg (800x506, 159K)

>bullpup SCAR
Already exists.

Attached: white-rifle-2-of-2.jpg (1200x571, 329K)

The problem is it doesn't adjust in the direction non 7'6" people want it to.

Bullpups are gayer than 10 men giving 12 men blowjobs. Well, other than bullpup shotguns.

Attached: ksg operations.png (1960x1028, 2.27M)

>major militaries
lmao

AR and AK pattern rifles are in use by the only two countries with relevant militaries.

And they are big enough, economically, to make their own weapons.

Meanwhile the Steyr, although highly respected, was also the most expensive AR on the military market yet to be issued and probably still is.

Like everyone else says, the bad parts are too bad to be worth the extra barrel length.
>5.56 is fine out of 14.5"
>no adjustable stock (vhs is long af so not a good example)
>shit trigger
>worse ergonomics
>worse to make ambi

>BUT MUH 20" IN THE SAME OVERALL LENGTH AS AN M4
not worth the money for a military to switch

takes too long to housebreak each rifle

You'd have had a point if you said Mk262 but M855 is garbage out of even a 20" barrel.

>no adjustable stock
a complaint of a typical backyard operator, an adjustable stock would be easy as fuck to be added to the Steyr, and really any bullpup. Yet the militaries that adopted them never opted for adjustable stocks which really shows that they are overrated
>trigger
also only a complaint people have with the Steyr which could be easily changed and is not inherent with the Bullpup design, while even the trigger issue is an opinion more than an actually objective issue any operators of the gun have.
>worse ergonomics
based on what study? Because Bullpups are inherently more ergonomic than regular rifles and it sounds like you‘re simply not used to using one
>worse to make ambi
oh look I‘m the big bad operator but a mighty 5,56 cartridge touching my chin is a knockout blow
ambidextrous larpers are the biggest pussies. You can adjust the reciever for left or right handed shooting and that‘s more than most other rifles do.

>bullpups had X number of years to blah blah
5.56 took 50 years to solve the short barrel problem.

How about the bullpup not having that trash problem in the first place from day fucking one?

>be 6'1" with gorilla arms with m4 fully collapsed when wearing IOTV
>bad trigger is inherent in the design
>based on training for so many year on m4/m16 a switch for military would be rough
>you don't understand how an armory works do you

It is not aesthetically pleasing to most people and other reasons

>hands too short to hold a bullpup
6'1 for sure

Attached: mcx_rattler_and_the_bullpup_allergy.png (601x573, 78K)

It's not an issue of arm length. It's about having the grip as close to your body as you can.

Why are not every modern person able to into grammar.

Ever seen a chamber explode before from wrong powder or hot large reload or a from damaged barrel?
Better in front of the face than next to it kek
I distinctly remember thinking "glad this isnt a bullpup" being the first to fire a custom wildcat with a newly reamed barrel with shells made from modified brass

>I choose my weapons for their safety when they completely fail on me
>particularly because I like to do stupid things like putting an explosive in my guns

BULLPUP
Malfunction occurs
>FACE IS GONE and THROAT IS BLOWN OUT, ARTERIES GUSHING VALVE FLUID DUE TO DIRECT CONTACT WITH DISASTER ZONE

TRADITIONAL
Malfunction occurs
>light injury to face from small metalic fragments, Protective eye wear saves eyes,

How many armies shoot reloads?

>Even the slavs and hajjis are switching away from AKs.

We've only been hearing that for thirty fucking years. But I'm sure it'll be any day now.

Attached: WhatIreallythink.jpg (1919x1073, 262K)

The soldier is expendable. His lethality is not. You don't plan around failures unless they are systemic and common, which they are not in any modern bullpup.

because rifles in standard configuration are comfortable to use.

>also only a complaint people have with the Steyr which could be easily changed and is not inherent with the Bullpup design
I thought it was because bullpups have the trigger forward, they need a long transfer bar back to the action. That is never going to be as clean (or even as reliable) as a traditional trigger

Rhodesia cut off carry handles because defected FAL casings to the eyeballs were blinding soldiers.

Wants to but ejection port in line with southpaw shooters’ faces.

Great meme lad.

>having T. Rex arms

Attached: 1521134513443.png (431x316, 188K)

>Having the arms off of an inflatable tube man.

>Bullpups are inherently more ergonomic than regular rifles
Oh shit I am laffin

As long as you don't use a boring cheek-weld instead of dat eyeball-weld, you should be just fine.

Rear heavy so they have better balance and weight distribution for everything except recoil mitigation. So yes they are inherently more ergonomic in this sense.

Too complicated to be soldier proof

>ergonomics
Practice your reloading drills and such enough and you'll get used to it. Its a matter of practice.

Attached: P1090097-900x600.jpg (900x600, 204K)

((((trigger linkages)))))

>rear heavy
>better balance

Attached: 1530560785607.jpg (720x597, 53K)

Every have to ruck 20k with a rifle? Cover an arc in the high ready for an extended period of time? I'd take rear heavy any day of the week.

There is nothing complicated about a transfer bar.

Cry as much as you want but bullpups will never be used by any real military

Attached: 1524495359411.png (768x1214, 1.82M)

>Every have to ruck 20k with a rifle?
Shoulder it you cretin.
>Cover an arc in the high ready for an extended period of time
Rest it you cretin.
>"But what if I'm covering an arc in the hight ready for an extended period of time while standing up without any cover?"
No comment.

>>Every have to ruck 20k with a rifle?
>Shoulder it you cretin.
LARPer confirmed

I fixed it guys.

Attached: FB_IMG_1531774203699.jpg (1038x419, 18K)

fpbp

The only argument I heard about bulpups is shit triggers

bullpup are shit

bullpup AKs are nothing new

Attached: valmet m82.jpg (600x300, 12K)