Sup Jow Forums. I've been wanting a suppressed .22 plinker pistol and I'm thinking about picking up a Ruger MKIV Lite...

Sup Jow Forums. I've been wanting a suppressed .22 plinker pistol and I'm thinking about picking up a Ruger MKIV Lite. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with one or one of it's compatible suppressors?

Attached: images (3).jpg (295x171, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ay8vpdAysQ
libertycans.net/mystic-x/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just order a suppressor off of ebay, you'll be fine don't worry about it.

My MkIII is unironically my favorite gun.

Come one dude. Be a little constructive.

Any recommendations on suppressors or other accessories?

I'm a leaf, I can't into suppressors.
But I'd recommend a small RDS, makes it even more fun

Not him but go with something 1 inch in diameter. Even at 1.06 the lines just get killed on the mark. Its a very 'a little is a lot' situation.

You spelled solvent trap wrong.

Attached: ruger american.jpg (1280x1920, 1.25M)

Not him but I've been extremely happy with my TBAC 22TD. Also listen to

What prices should I be looking for when shopping the pistol and suppressor?

Any advice for an optic of some type?

There's a lot of variance in sub-models of the pistol, with a median somewhere around $375 new.

All the good .22 cans hover in the $300-400 range.

You need to prioritize what you want from a can:
>dB reduction
>weight
>length
>durability
Because you're not getting best in class in all 4. For example there's a bunch of all or mostly aluminum cans out there, they're light and quiet but will wear fast and tend to be long. Short cans are light but loud. Etc.

Vortex or Holosun microdot. Good reticle, good FOV, good-enough durability, light weight.

So this is your first NFA kajigger. Dont really worry about the price. On the can it will be around 300-350 and then 200 on top of that and then what ever they charge to make a trust if you go that route (I used a pirated copy of quicken will maker and got approved every time). Be more concerned with finding a SOT that will help you through the process and isnt a complete dick.

I've got a 22/45 Lite, with a Dead Air Mask it's about as fun as a gun gets.

I'm looking to prioritize db reduction above all else. The MKIV Lite is already pretty good on weight so I'm not concerned about all that or durability (only going to the range with this thing).

Can't I just let a gun shop handle that part?

What price range am I looking at for one of those?

The trust part? Sure...but it will be a few hundo for a clerk to fill out a form. A trust at this point might not even be worth it. I did all my shit before rule 41 p or f or what ever they landed on, back when you didnt need prints and you could form 1 in your underwear at midnight.

Quietest on the market currently is the Q Erector, but it's all aluminum and ugly as sin.

Other good options would be a Dead Air or TBAC. Lots of people like the TacSol Axiom as well.

$220ish

Yeah, the eractor looks like trash. Also kinda pricy.

Attached: IMG_5035.jpg (1024x689, 225K)

Make sure you get the tax stamp first or the ATF will shoot your dog

any 22 can is going to be whisper quiet. go for the can that is easiest to clean, as 22lr is nasty stuff and will clog a can in a few thundered rounds. I've got a silencerco spectre and an AAC element 2,
and there's no discernable difference in noise levels between them. The element is lighter and easier to clean.

I have a mark IV that I throw my .30 cal suppressor on, still in the market for a dedicated .22 can. I've used a friends gemtech sparror on it, that's the one I'm leaning towards, definitely something monocore like that or the fire ant.

Attached: IMG_20170501_221700.jpg (4320x2432, 2.08M)

>shooting. 22lr thru a sealed can
Dont do this

Good advice except that's not a sealed suppressor

Gemtech has a mono core conversion for the outback IId to become mono core. I totally get if you dont want to pay more but I got mine converted (bought about 5 years before the mono core conversation was a thing) and it's been pretty killer.

Q El Camino is the quietest out there.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

I've shot a bunch of 22 cans, the 2 best imo are the Mask and the Occulus.

Sorry got the manufacture wrong on that post, it was the silencerco sparrow

I know :)

are there universal suppressors that work on both 22 pistols and rifles?

pretty much all of them

Would getting an Octane 45 for a Mk IV and my other centerfire handguns be a good idea?

Do whatever you want, pussy.

The problem is filth. .22lr is filthy, and will quickly fill up a sealed suppressor leaving you with basically a paperweight, useless for suppression after a few thousand shots. Shooting centerfire through it might, maybe, clean some of that out, but it's also likely to leave the lead on the baffles from the rimfire and that's just going to kill the thing. Best to get a dedicated take-apart .22lr can and clean it every couple of hundred rounds, and use an ablative like white lithium grease on the first few baffles to keep it easy to clean.

>Vortex Venom red dot
>Dead Air Mask
or
>SilencerCo Sparrow
or
>Gemtec GM-22

It's a heavy can for a .22 and you'll need to buy an adapter since .22 pistols are mostly 1/2x28 or gay metric something

>.30cal can
>not sealed
this is almost as bad an idea as shooting rimfire through a sealed can

I’ve got an osprey micro
and a specter 2
All of the cans from the past 5 years work extremely well
As long as it has sealed baffles you really can’t go wrong even the worst performing cans are still under 120 dB
If I was purchasing another can I would still be looking at the
Specter 2

Attached: 618D281B-3188-49C3-B84A-864EBF91EB10.jpg (2182x1535, 679K)

Attached: 479EF036-4BB3-43D6-B406-8E6BBED84648.jpg (1966x1339, 935K)

The hell you babbling about? Its works for rimfire because it's not sealed and can be cleaned. Even the manufacture lists it's as ok to shoot through it

Attached: Screenshot_20180715-143928_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 389K)

>shooting full power .30cal rifle
>take apart can
Absolutely wonderful way to bind the threads the fuck up and no longer be able to take it apart and/or fuckmangle the wrench flats.

My range does suppressed rental guns, everything from semi .308s down to shit like Ruger Mk-series rimfires. Boss man thought it would be a Good Idea to buy a couple SiCo Hybrids so we didn't need 17 different rental cans.

Very first guy to rent our suppressed RFB promptly carbon-welded the endcap on and we had to actually send the fucking thing back to SiCo to unfuck it, and even they managed to mangle it bad enough they replaced it. Thinking it was a one-off occurrence we kept using the other one until the same shit happened after someone magdumped our rental AR.

Now the Hybrids don't get anything bigger than 9mm shot through them and the rifles have sealed cans.

I’m pretty sure you’ve never seen a mystic x
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ay8vpdAysQ

1. its not a .30cal can, which you initially said
2. its not rated for full power rifle ammo

Whats that saying? Jack of all trades, master of none? The hybrid is really cool but if you want to get a specific can...its a no go...but going from .380 to .338 mag is pretty fucking dope.

Attached: p220 hybrib_.jpg (5184x3456, 1.95M)

Cant vouch for the hybrids, but the mystic is designed to handle magnum rifle calibers with the correct base installed. If anything, it's a rifle can you can throw onto pistols

Attached: Screenshot_20180703-234147_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 353K)

That was actually someone else, and yes it is to both your statements.

libertycans.net/mystic-x/
List of calibers at the bottom of the page including full pressure high power rifle
Including 300 WinMag so how is this not rated for high power rifle ?

>on some serial numbers on 22" or longer barrels at a glacial rate of fire

Attached: 20180715_161000.jpg (1440x2960, 692K)

see
Since nowhere lets you pick your serial number and Liberty isn't offering an upgrade or exchange, these are to ALL be treated like they cant handle anything more potent than x39

That covers early production cans
Current production cans are high-power current production cans are high power rated

Neither you nor Liberty can guarantee these early cans are off the market. Suppressors are non returnable.

>advertised as a 9mm can on their own website
>first 2600 cans cant handle full power rounds
"""no"""

First gen cans cant use them, they arent going to sell you one of those

Exactly, they're none returnable, so what makes you think buying a new can from them will result in getting an early model?

Easiest solution ever don’t purchase an early can And if one sent to you return it

new old stock of a slow selling low volume item that is still new enough the shit version accounts for more than a third produced, and dealers wanting to dump their shitty products on customers who have no recourse other than not being a repeat customer on an item category with low repetitive purchases anyway.

>return it
you cant. you're stuck with it.

All of which can be mitigated with a phone call before you order.

>they aren't going to sell you one of those
You willing to gamble $1000 and 7-12 months on that?

Absolutely not, which is why communication with the manufacture and/or your FFL your ordering it through are important.

so you knowingly posted a categorically false statement for the sake of arguing with someone you don't know. got it.

Let's recap this discussion:
>dont shoot .22 in a sealed can
It's not sealed
>unsealed .30 cal can, it's going to melt cause our hybrids did.
It's not a hybrid, but it's designed to handle high power rifle rounds
>not on the early models
The serial number is accounted for every step in the process, dont let them send you the one you dont want.
>arguing with strangers
Welcome to the internet

Attached: 1490329807445.jpg (1067x653, 123K)

I have returned 2 nfa items for not being what i ordered
One was an incorrect product
The other looked like it had been kicked down the stairs

I have a mark 3 22/45 lite and have used my brothers .22 sparrow on it and loved it. Will eventually pic one up.

I have a Ruger MKIII Talo with a 5.5" bull barrel and I have an AAC Element II and a SiCo Spectre II that I use on it and the SiCo is sooooo quiet on there...

Also I have a Ruger Charger 10" pistol that I SBR'd and that thing is fun as a bitch to shoot suppressed its also soooo fucking quiet with the standard velocity (1040fps) ammo and a wet can...

Attached: 2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.4M)

Spector 2 on an AR.22
Is the most fun you can have without FA

Attached: 71A15E39-1F46-4EA2-94DE-B41E408733AA.jpg (2552x1536, 936K)

silencerco sparrow

silencerco is doing promo for buy 1 suppressor get 1 free until midnight tonight (15th)

ive been looking at 22lr cans and for me this is in the running.

Daily reminder that an approved stamp is NOT confirmation of a good or even valid trust.
The ATF has gone back to people who have several stamps already and made them get their trust fixed or face confiscation/prosecution. As fucktarded as the ATF is they are generally nice to idiots who can’t even word a trust correctly and do shit like make the grantor and beneficiary the same person.

>thinking a non-user serviceable can is somehow drastically more durable than one that can be taken down
I can’t even imagine what life must be like for you being this retarded.

I'm over several and they haven't said shit. They have emailed me about...well its a whole thing and just wanted pics cause it was a weird form 1 but my BS trust made outta quicken is good enough and at the end of the day every thing has already been lost in a tragic boating accident.