380 Carry

So, I'm relatively new to carrying, had some old shit 38 special revolver for a bit, have tried full size 9 for carry, and honestly..I'm thinking about 380 for my carry, I want to make use of the tiny comfortable carry options that 380 has. Yes I've seen a Glock 43 and all the other 9mm carry options, fuck you in advance.

>tl;dr 380 hate thread, and should OP buy a Kahr ct380, Keltec p-3AT, or a Luger lcp.

Attached: gaap-090100-kar-4.jpg (600x400, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunsamerica.com/blog/ruger-380-lcp-reborn-new-lcp-ii-full-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tl;dr

Buy a P238 or don't be gay and get the P938 in 9mm, faggot.

Honestly, somehow I forgot the p238 existed.

I daily carry a .380. Its usually a backup gun, but I am totally confident in it doing the job whenever it is my only weapon. You may want to check out the LCP II. It's just a hair bigger than the LCP, and it's comfy to shoot and carry. Pocket guns and gear on YouTube tested different 380 ammo, and the lucky gunner site has good ballistics info for .380 from a subcompact. I ended up going with old school 90gr Hydra-Shoks.

only bother with .380 if you wanna pocket carry. Isn't really a big enough difference between a tiny singlestack 9 in terms of IWB concealment/comfort to worry about. Id go with LCP2 but im biased as an owner.
>p938
Maybe user wants a gun that isnt a problem child?

Oh, and be careful trusting cleargel tests with .380. it exaggerates penetration a concerning amount.

Wait, P938 problems? Enlighten me, first I've heard.
Any difference other than size on LCP2?

Lcp2 has improved sights and trigger, plus last round hold open

Good to know

Glock 42
probably one of the best 380 polymer pistols out there

Oh hey perfect.
I'm deciding between the LCP2 and LC9. I like the smaller design of the LCP, but cant get over the way lower availability of the 380 ammo.

It's going to be my pocket carry gun, but also my bug out gun, and because of that I'd think the 9mm would be the only way to go.

Seconded and I've got 2000+ rounds thru two 42's with no issues. It's a great soft shooting super concealable .380 what more do you need.

>Wait, P938 problems? Enlighten me, first I've heard.
Not that user, but mine had Failures to Eject, Extract, Feed, and even light primer strikers. Also the mag would fall out when shooting it even when the mag release wasnt being pressed.

P938's have tons of problem he must have the only one that works right.

I’ve been carrying this Bersa Thunder with this poverty belt for 2 years now. I like it

Attached: image.jpg (2576x1932, 977K)

I used to carry a .32acp walther, but carrying around an heirloom piece is risky. Went with a glock 19 for EDC.

I just know what I've heard, no real experience with it. The people I know that have them love them though.
You need a Glock 19

>The people I know that have them love them though.
Do they shoot their P938's alot? They're very small and attractive guns that are easy to like if you don't shoot them enough to have issues with them.

I took it as he shot it a lot but I can't confirm this

I'm taking my CC course this coming weekend. I bought a Star Model BM for $200 for carry and basically it malfs every 2-3 mags so it's not gonna fly for me.

I'm a poorfag and looking for a good carry pistol. I'm mostly sitting at work so something comfortable while sitting IWB is a must. 9mm preferred. $400 or under. NO strikershit, Hammer fired only.

Suggestions?

Attached: gsc-counter.jpg (200x200, 15K)

>Glock 26 if you can buy used or sell the Star and put that toward a new G26
>SW MP9C
>Ruger LCP 2
>SW J frame (what I carry)
>SW Shield

of those 3, I havent handled a keltec becuase I think theyre shit but I do have some Karhs and Rugers

I prefer the Kahr, but its really splitting hairs. It fit my hand slightly better and I shot better with it, but the ruger was fine too. The Kahr did have a break in period though, where as the ruger was good out of the box.
.380 will still kill, though they do make some 9mms of equal size. Just saying

Attached: Kahr CT .380.jpg (1200x900, 151K)

I was thinking of getting a single stack 9 but I've been leaning towards a LCP.
I'm worried about accidentally revealing/printing and being uncomfortable if carrying IWB.
I got a bit of gut so carrying far up front would probably feel like shit and I feel I'd risk showing if I carried it between 3 and 9 in the back.
Sell me on IWB or else I'll pocket carry a .380 until the winter.

third
I honestly find it more useful then the 43. Its the perfect size and recoil isnt as snappy. I dont like to push glawk perfection but they did a great .380

Attached: glock-42.jpg (1200x842, 240K)

I carry a Kahr P380 and I think it shoots well for what it is. If you don't shoot a revolver or an SA/DA gun the trigger will take some getting used to but it is better than most of the other stuff its size.

>strikershit
>strikershit
>strikershit
>J frame IWB
>strikershit

Attached: nyg.jpg (499x361, 45K)

The LCP isn't striker fired. Around 400 dollars those are basically the only decent options

It's got the retarded glockshit trigger and is the hammer internal? So it's DAO? Shit. Looking for something DA/SA or SAO with a good safety.

>So it's DAO? Shit. Looking for something DA/SA or SAO with a good safety.

> Ruger describes it as having a single-action-only (SAO) trigger
gunsamerica.com/blog/ruger-380-lcp-reborn-new-lcp-ii-full-review/

Ruger LCR is better than a S&W J frame in every way except pistol whipping people and things

You're not wrong, but J frames are usually a good amount cheaper.

A .38 LCR is 350$ You might save 20-30 bucks if you buy a 642 but it isn't worth it.

Only other gun fags will notice you printing, and they won't care. Ive carried a p95 iwb with minimal print on a loose t-shirt.

I can't get past the trigger on it. Also not being able to see or manipulate the hammer scares me.

After doing some research the Walther PPK looks attractive except for the 6 lb SA and I'd have to save up my wagebucks for it.

Still unsure.

Buy Makarov

does it go bang every time?

Bro, why not the Kahr CW9 or PM9? One less caliber to buy since you already have a full size nine.
But if you must 380, I'd try to RM380(it isn't shit since Remington just bought someone else's design and relocated the mag release) or the Kahr 380. I've heard the Kahr 380 can have some issues, but that was the older ones IDK.

Hmmm, OP here, so Glock 42 actually decent, I'll have to check the size and weight out too, honestly at some point I do plan on having multiple aolid carry options, but I want to feel the 380 world out for a bit, see if I can find a carry O really like. Realistically 9mm is probably the best carry option, all things considered. however, 380 can come in some pretty tiny packages, and seems like it would be super comfy compared to most carries.

Also OP here, I apologize for the terrible spelling, I am a bit inebriated.

this is a nice post, consider it posted twice
lcp2 best girl, if youre not pocket carrying you can afford to carry a small 9mm, or anything at all really, caliber or size wise

P238, G42 & LCP2 in my EDC 380 collection. All great options. LCP2 is great when you want the smallest lightest option.