Body Armour Thread

Is body armour worth it? I like plate carriers but they restrict movement. Should you go run n' gun it with no armour if you can carry mags on your belt?

Attached: Ocab-20140607-080701-600-2.jpg (600x480, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tims.justnet.org/Report/BallisticCPL
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mostly interested in the velocity systems scarab light in coyote brown.

Attached: scarabs3.jpg (1200x1200, 404K)

That looks like the type of retard who would wear a plate carrier to the range

OP do you live in Fallujah? No? Then you don't need body armor.

>need
Fuck off.

>Do you live a in a burning building?
>Then why do you need a fire extinguisher?

>Do you live in a building you expect to burn down soon?
>Stop living in that building

>preventative measures are only necessary in the immediate presence of danger

You're a fucking idiot if you think you have just as much of a pressing need for body armor as you do a fire detector, extinguisher, or CO detector.

I've been after my own plate carrier for a while now but Jow Forums keeps making me hesitant on my choices. If its not a $400 LBT carrier its shit, pretty much.

Im told accidents at the range happen.
Im told that armed break ins happen.
Im told that people get shot just going about their day.
Im told that body armor can stop bullets.
Im told that body armor can help with more then just bullets.
What are you told?

Except there's a non-existent chance of fire extinguishers being banned. There has been legislation proposed to ban civilian ownership on multiple occasions. Call me a "panic buyer"; but if you could go back to 1985 and buy a couple full-autos, are you telling me you wouldn't?

is that a blood type patch on his hat?

Attached: 1327899030962.gif (188x132, 781K)

I hope you remember to bring your tinfoil hat with you
And your anti chemtrail gasmask
And your AED
And your MAXXPRO
And your radio for JTAC purposes
And your highlighted copy of the constitution incase liberals break into the range

jesus christ tacticool mall ninjas are getting more obnoxious every day

Yeah, because it's all about how you look.

Luck and wishful thinking is not a survival strategy.
We do not live in some TV show world, bad things happen to good people.
Stabbings, shootings, friendly fire or just accidents happen with frequency. Deny reality if you wish.

10 years ago i may have agreed with you, information and the world has changed. Adapt or suffer the consequence of ignorance.

>paranoid gun nuts blah blah blah
same exact thing
fudds go into the

Depends on your level of LARP/operate. Most folks dont need plates (>need). Soft concealable vest rated for hot pistol rounds if youre expecting trouble (late night store run, trip through bad neighborhood/friend pick up emergency, craigslist parking lot deals etc). If we talking SHTF, plates if you have a squad to roll with or bunker hunkered. Alone you are a walking lootbox and will be targeted because one man with toys has to sleep sometime.

Are you implying you're going to walk around everywhere in your body armor Mr. Sheep Dawg?

see
even though i agree that wearing body armor at teh range is fucking retarded or just wearing tactical vest and LARP in your hometown thinking you're the cool kid because you have an LBT vest, i must say that wearing concealed body armor to place you don't even know with potential danger is a good idea, especially if you live in a country were a random nigger can pull out a 9mm on you for no reason

>if you live in a country were a random nigger can pull out a 9mm on you for no reason

90% of Jow Forums lives in homogeneous white communities and are too scared to go anywhere near a city where they might run into a black person.

Hey guys, OP here.

As a young enlisted member, I have more disposable income than brains. I can afford the PC.

Obviously I don't need it, but issue carriers suck and I do hope to get deployed at some point in the future. I'll also likely have to wear it on exercise. Anything is better than this piece of shit, plus I get to look cool.

Attached: cf frag vest.jpg (960x639, 125K)

OP Just wear whats issued to you

>too scared to go anywhere near a city where they might run into a black person.
So you are anti-2A and anti-white. What a coincidence! Take your self-hatred and psychotic projections somewhere else.
>yes, ballistic protection is in the spirit of the 2A

If you want a plate carrier for fun/laarping/competition do it...fuck it dude if you have the disposable income and wanna fuck around with a carrier do it.

do you have a chest rig? you'll have way more luck using one instead of the tac vest vs a non-issued armour carrier

>So you are anti-2A and anti-white. What a coincidence!

I have no idea how you got to either of those points. Why is it you and the rest of the alr-right trash jump to absolutely insane conclusions with no evidence the second you even think an argument isn't going your way?

>anyone who wants to own guns or armor is a scared/insane whyt boi
Gee, why would anyone think this is anti-white or anti-2A? Lol must be those evil >alt-righters

Attached: 1509301265276.gif (25x21, 22K)

>Gee, why would anyone think this is anti-white or anti-2A?

But I never said or implied that in any way, shape, or form. It's a straw man that you constructed to fabricate "need" for body armor, when from a pragmatic perspective of keeping yourself safe, it's just a little silly. Double so when you consider the demographic of Jow Forums and them almost never being exposed to the things they're afraid of. You're the idiot that went all 14 words on me and started calling me anti-gun and anti-white. You quite literally just went on a racist tirade about me being anti-white because I dared to say that there are other things to buy aside from Body Armor which will keep you statistically safer. I get it though, that disrupts your Turner Diary Dunning-Kruger fantasies.

If you need, want or use armour for your EDC, it's not job related, you're retarded.

Why do you hate white people?

>a straw man that you constructed
I love when leftists accuse you of what they are doing
>insane alt-righter
>14 words
>racist tirade
>Turner Diary Dunning-Kruger fantasy
All for pointing out the usage of the "paranoid white man" meme. And you are anti-2A if you are hostile to an armed (or armored) citizenry. I think we're done here.

Only a tac vest atm. It's a piece of work in itself, so if I could ditch it, that'd be great too.

What does Jow Forums think of the shellback banshee 2.0?

>And you are anti-2A if you are hostile to an armed (or armored) citizenry

But again, I'm not. That's what you built to defend your insane bullshit.

>I think we're done here.

Shocker that you're trying to back out of this conversation.

You try to wear any PPE other than whats issued to you and your Sergeant-Major will shit down your neck.

Same. Some of the stuff on the market is pretty nice, but between the carrier and III+ plates for both sides and a cummerbund, you're looking at $1000 and up. Hence why I'm asking if playing it low-key is a better option anyways.

>you're trying to back out of this conversation.
I can see you're only replying to the anti-2A accusation now. And accusing me of "backing down" on top of it lol.

>you dont need that there AR15 to hunt!

lol, true.

I hope they're more lenient if you deploy to a combat zone. If it could mean living or dying, I wouldn't trust the issue carriers and their tiny-ass steel plates.

>no one needs an assault weapon!

I am neither anti-white, nor anti-2A. Nothing I have said could be construed to be as such by any reasonable person, which you're pretty clearly not. However-

>I think we're done here.

That's you backing out of a conversation because your idiocy finally caught up with you. Full stop.

Steel plates? You're a leaf right? In 2010 we had 10x12 cermaics front and back

Can someone explain to me why half of Jow Forums immediately uses the liberal "WHY DO YOU NEED THAT" logic when it comes to armor but freaks out when liberals use it on the AR15? Do you not realise youre making the EXACT same argument the liberals use (you need to justify owning that assault weapon!). Why does armor turn half of Jow Forums into raging anti gun liberals?

>Nothing I have said could be construed to be as such by any reasonable person
I've already pointed it out to you. Maybe you would like to explain how "paranoid white man" meme isn't anti-2A or anti-white, instead of avoiding it.

You do understand that there is more to gun/militaria interests than safety, right? It's a good reason, but for most people it's nothing more than a rationale.

>That's you backing out of a conversation
No, that's me declaring I won, because my opponent can't argue in good faith.

The most likely place for a civilian to get shot is on the range. If you're going to own it, why would you not wear it to the place you're most likely to need it?

this, OP is larping

>Turner Diary Dunning-Kruger fantasies
I'm stealing that lol

Attached: image.jpg (480x360, 22K)

>larping
Let's be serious now. If he were running around in the woods with a PC and cardboard/plastic "plates" and airsoft, that would be larping. OP is talking about actual ballistic plates, and is quite probably hasguns. Memes aside, this is just one more person with the means to defend himself in the world. I don't care what he does with it, because the proliferation of the means to personal defense and upholding the 2A is overwhelmingly a good thing. I know Jow Forums has a contrarian bent, but popularity at least counters any chilling effect as a method anti-2A people could use.

then get a soft armor that will atleast stop fragments so you wont die a silly random death

You're probably right. Could be, we've been training without the plates in, since we're not deployed. I wouldn't know.

Lol hardly. I've been in less than a year and don't know the ins and outs yet, I'm just a big fan of gucci gear. I won't be OFP until my DP-2 is done anyways, which could be another year.

I already have my PAL and it's legal for me to buy plates, so I'd rather have better ones anyways.

Because there is no point in armor for a civ, you're not using it for anything like you're using a firearm. Unless you're expecting to be shot and putting yourself in that situation, in which case you also shouldnt wear it since you're stopping natural selection.

The only reason you'd have it body armor as a civ is because you're either extremely paranoid or, more likely, you just want to look cool and pretend you're a 1337 operator

>I have no idea how you got to either of those points
he's either underage or projecting his cuck fetish

I have a soft vest with trauma packs. You get tired of wearing them pretty quickly.

Way to prove his point, user

>samefag
Lame.

>theres no need for an ar15 as a civ, just get a mini 14 it does the same thing we need to ban assault weapons. The only reason you need an ar15 is to look cool
Fuck off retard, every argument you try and use against armor can be used for banning assault weapons

nice strawman

>he doesn't compete in 3-gun
>he uses anti-gun argument points
>he cares about how other people spend their disposable income

Attached: 1529384615000.jpg (434x345, 50K)

>Comparing 2 things that can be regularly used to something that will never be used/needed for non military purposes

Nice argument. You're saying
>armor and guns are different, you can use the guns, the armor is just to look cool!
Alright thats fine now let's take that to assault weapons. Why do you need an ar15? Your argument is guns are different because you can use them, so why do you need an ar15? Just get a min14 instead, its functioally the same thing. The ar is jist to look cool. Retarded liberal teir logic. Feeling the cognitive dissonance yet? Of course you're not because you have no self awareness.

>you can use a mini14 just the same! The ar is just to look cool. Ban assault weapons

Yep. We're done here. Please excuse me while I go get another energy drink and go detail my truck. Sure is a nice day out, user. Maybe stop being so angry that good looking young successful white men are arming themselves and enjoying life instead of paying attention to your faggotry.

I was issued a light armor vest when I was in the Navy. This was around 9/11 so they were handing out that shit like hotcakes and nothing was being inventoried. I kept it because why not. A year after I got out the Navy a thug crashed his car into my house and he and his thug friends started to harass me. I had a bad feeling when the tow truck driver came to pull his car out of my house so I put my vest on under my hoodie. This thug gangster wannabe was pissed that I was having his car towed to the local impound instead of his house. He had no car insurance or money for a tow so fuck him. I'll be damned the moment the car was on the flat bed and headed down the road that motherfucker turned and shot me in the back. Several rounds were fired but only one hit me. He left the scene and that cheap looking vest stopped the bullet from his 9mm. It was a hit on my right lung, no way I would have survived. To my knowledge the cops never found the guy, I moved shortly afterwards.

I have since bought a very nice setup that I can use in case anything stupid happens again. However, I know what is even better than a vest. Staying away from idiots, I should not have been in the area and I should have called the police when he showed back up. Buy a vest if you want but stay away from idiots first.

Also OP is a fag.

Both a Mini 14 and an AR15 can be used by a civilian (at the range) and do basically the same thing (fire bullets)

The point of a plate carrier is to absorb the impact of a bullet but if you have more than an IQ of 70 you will 99.9% of the time never be in a situation where the plate carrier will actually serve its purpose(besides i thought all gun owners are responsible anyway, right?)

therefore, there is no fucking point in owning a plate carrier unless you are going to wear it 24/7 because of the miniscule chance that you're ever going to be shot

Attached: h2k2ryj0lz611.png (679x561, 77K)

while it's true good plate carriers and plates are expensive new, i have 2 surp ibas i paid about $60 apiece for, one complete with all the bells and whistles, one just plates.

>i thought all gun owners are responsible anyway, right?
Jesus christ. At first I thought this was a progun person who didnt realise they were using anti gun logic towards armor. Nope this is actually an anti gun graboid retard. Explains their entire "you dont NEED that" way of arguing. Fuck off back to Jow Forumspolitics

Attached: 1i63sd8nlp811.jpg (645x729, 36K)

>Both a Mini 14 and an AR15 can be used by a civilian (at the range) and do basically the same thing (fire bullets)
So youre ok with liberals banning everything but bolt actions? You can still fire bullets with a bolt action. No one NEEDS semi auto unless youre going to iraq.

You know what, there's no point in arguing about this with someone like you. Go and buy your plate carrier and take it to the range.

On another note have you considered buying a sports car and permanently leaving it in your garage as soon as it arrives?

>no point in arguing!!
Nice, now hopefully you see how retarded the " you dont need that!" argument is.
>sportscar
No one needs to go more than 60mph!

I like that a lot as far as looks go
Not familiar with the brand too much

Unless youre gonna train consistently in your body armor until you become proficient in it, dont bother.

All these 14yr old tacticool operator wannabes have never actually fought in a plate carrier loaded with a ton of fucking shit, trust me its exhausting. Most folks would be hindered more than helped, . If you want one, get one, but do your training in it (yes, that might mean going to a range in it if you dont have your own shooting place, and risk looking like a fucking tard) and wear it often, work out in it, run in it, etc, otherwise its fucking useless to you in anything but a static defense situation.

I bought the original Banshee about 5+ years ago and it was solid and affordable plate carrier with a minor issue of the shoulder buckles getting in the way of shouldering a rifle. Though I believe a year or two Shellback was having some quality control issues with their plate carriers. I don't know if they rectified those issues but I wouldn't buy anything from Shellback unless you can inspect it first hand.

Attached: fedorov.jpg (469x463, 72K)

>I don't know if they rectified those issues
>What is the Yib-Yab strap?

>Summer.

>Maybe stop being so angry that good looking young successful white men are arming themselves and enjoying life instead of paying attention to your faggotry.
successful ppl don't post on Jow Forums

My theory is that a large contingent of people here don't have the money to spend on armor, or would rather just buy another gun (regardless if they shoot it or not). It's easier to justify spending a couple hundred on something you can actively decide to use. Not even calling them poorfags but it can be a lot of money to spend on something you hopefully never need and on something that doesn't look cool.

It's that, or all the no guns, or general retardation.

So what about the rest of the 10% of your self made up numbers? While we're at it. How do you know if this thread is or isn't full of your made up statistics?

I live around a bunch of beaners or niggers. One big disaster and I want my body armor.

No it's not faggot. When I was in boot camp we had literal 5'6 150lb dyels running around wearing armor, Kevlar helmets, 50 to 80lbs of gear, and our rifles.

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Nigga I'm talking about shoddy-ass chink stitching that plagued their plate carriers at one point.

>person on right wearing helmet so high that nearly the entire skull is showing

wowzers

Compared to the other body armor thread, this looks like a kindergarten so I'm gonna start with the basics. Before buying plates or a vest, consult this list to ensure it is NIJ-Certified and properly tested to actually stop what it's rated to stop.

tims.justnet.org/Report/BallisticCPL

T. Never Served

Running from your basement to your kitchen to pull your tendies out of the microwave is alot different from fire and maneuver across a waffle field, faggot ass bozo. Stfu.

>Turner Diaries
>Dunning Kruger
So Timothy McVeigh was incompetent? How does it feel to be as stupid as you? Because you're just above "needs machines to breathe" levels of stupid.

I can see why a lot of people buy it, but it seems more of a mental comfort thing, like a thundershirt on a dog when it's storming outside.
In 95 degree heat how can you justify sprinting from street to street wearing something which only protects you in~20% of your body IF you are hit there at all?
I challenge you. Go out innawoods this summer and chop down 10 ,6inch saplings wearing just your plates and see how miserably uncomfortable you are.

ar500 plate carrier. $80

dont buy the plates. god damn you civilian fucks complicate everything

>20% of your body
What are vital organs?

go tell every nations special operations units everywhere that they're doing it wrong then. inb4
"but you're not special forces only special forces can be physically fit!"

your point is valid if you are only shot at once I suppose.

>doing it wrong
>everyone else does X so we should do X
I never said any of that nor implied they were doing anything 'wrong', but I did say it's more of a mental thing, like a tanker who thinks he's invincible. It makes them feel good right before they are launched out the turret.

so you think delta force wears plate carriers as a mental thing and not for the protection of the majority of their vital organs?

Plate armor can take 6 or 7 shots depending on the rating.

no, both actually

so you're saying wearing armor that protects the majority of their vital organs makes them feel slightly more confident? groundbreaking stuff right there m8
>I never implied they were doing anything 'wrong'
then what does
>how can you justify sprinting from street to street wearing something which only protects you in~20% of your body
mean? was that not a rhetorical question? are you actually asking?

ya sure, but what as accurate as some people are, in a gunfight, I doubt they'll hit even close to the same place(inside that 12inch plate), even moreso at farther distances.
No doubt they have saved lives but they give a false sense of security imo.

>groundbreaking stuff right there m8
it probably is to you. I bet you would sit high in that turret thinking, 'man nobody gunna do shit to me today. I gots muh armor plates on!'
>then what does
I dunno, you brought it up.