Flamethrowers are fucked up...

Flamethrowers are fucked up. Whats worse than hearing the high pitched wailing of a scared boy as he mourns for his own death and writhes in unbelievable pain?
Literally, nothing makes my skin crawl more than hearing them used

Attached: the_horrors_of_war.jpg (1009x706, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ts55TNp1Fq4
surgery.med.miami.edu/burns/get-the-facts/
youtu.be/_ML1l-5C0_Q?t=1m21s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not that bad pain has its limits those oranage robe wearing monks can meditate silently while on fire

>one shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie behind that mask...
>...what dreams of chronic and sustained cruelty...

Attached: valve corporation fire pyro tf2 team fortress 2 pyro meet the pyro 1920x1080 wallpaper_www.miscellan (1920x1080, 573K)

Educate yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=ts55TNp1Fq4

Yeah I'm sure you'd just shrug it off, since you finished a semester of JROTC in high school.

I wasn't in rotc faggot. Are you looking back at your own life and cringing?

Shotguns are worse bro

>Flamethrowers are fucked up. Whats worse than hearing the high pitched wailing of a scared boy as he mourns for his own death and writhes in unbelievable pain?
Masturbating to it

>writhes in unbelievable pain

Actually it's only painful at the start. Then the pain goes away since the nerves are killed.

This is why 3rd degree burns don't hurt.

Yeah, masters in meditation can dissociate to the extent that they are not bothered by pain is totally the same thing as the pain not being so bad.

You don't have to listen to the screams if you're inside the tank, but sadly you're missing out if you're not popping out of the commander's hatch.

Attached: CNrFsDD[1].gif (600x476, 108K)

Proof?

Nah dude. I'm a cop. Feels good man.

This is now a flame tank thread, post Zippos.

Attached: WiSXMWi[1].jpg (800x459, 47K)

Do you believe in magic?

>3rd degree burns don't hurt
I think you might actually be slightly retarded.

We should still use these.

Attached: Marineflametank1968[1].jpg (600x645, 77K)

surgery.med.miami.edu/burns/get-the-facts/

>Third Degree

The most serious of all burns are third-degree burns, in which all the layers of skin are destroyed. Sometimes third-degree burns also affect underlying tissue. They extend deeper into the skin and destroy all of the epidermis and dermal layers, extending to the subcutaneous layers. This turns the skin brown or black, gives it a leathery appearance, and often causes the skin to separate from the surrounding tissue. The nerve endings are destroyed from the burn and therefore these burns usually are not painful.

Lmao at being softer than a bald monk that wears bedsheets all day

3rd degree burns destroys everything including the nerve endings. There's nothing to send pain signals.

How could we maximize the range of flame tanks and put them on a more modern platform today?

Attached: M67_Flamethrower_Tank_Vetnam[1].jpg (1424x1128, 722K)

Have them fire canisters of napalm instead of a stream of it

Attached: 0ruzag6zt3A88B-7dVQuclyVhUmqC60OlQPWTuZDNHo.png (343x490, 289K)

>those oranage robe wearing monks can meditate silently while on fire
They take powerful drugs before doing that, user, are you that naive?

This sounds like something I would have believed when I was 11. kek

Thermobarics and incendiary munitions. More effective than flamethrowers.

yeah...and well medical professionals also.

As someone who works in veterinary medicine even just exposing the fascia(through burning the skin off) is extremely painful unless your destroying the nerves in deeper tissue that only make sense for the dermis

Attached: Blank+_c1a6f759cc1ff236c488b776f97d1c57.jpg (326x296, 26K)

Ive heard that there isnt any screaming because they cant breathe from the smoke, so the scariest thing is the woosh of the flame thrower itself. Can any user tell me if this is true or if its just an army ghost story?

>Whats worse than hearing the high pitched wailing of a scared boy as he mourns for his own death and writhes in unbelievable pain?
Watching clouds of gas roll over you and your compatriots as their flesh begins to boil and they begin vomiting and having convulsions that cause their spines to snap in half due to violent convulsions.

>Ive heard that there isnt any screaming because they cant breathe
No thats not true at all because not being able to inhale has no effect on the air already in your lungs its like saying people cant yell underwater because theres water everywhere.

I head they smell like general tzos chicken

>AHAHAHAHAHA!

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Attached: flamethrower.webm (1280x720, 1.81M)

Are you a vet tech or do you just answer a phone?

i can't even tell if this guy is trolling

Attached: 1531238512247.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

Attached: 1530589375400.jpg (583x640, 57K)

WP

Attached: 59443d87c36188fb788b4635.jpg (900x500, 75K)

> is extremely painful
For you.

Surgical assistant

Doesn't hurt at all

Attached: download (5).jpg (268x268, 38K)

youtu.be/_ML1l-5C0_Q?t=1m21s
>that sound

being softer than a person who can mediate while on fire isn't exactly an insult.

*You`re

Christ, does this make my dick hard.

Attached: 1475818975559.gif (257x387, 908K)

Get this reddit tier shit out of Jow Forums

it's like the opposite of a super soaker

Ironic.

lmao

Attached: fire23.jpg (453x604, 48K)

I’m having a deja vu

Anyone who didn't know this is fucking retarded. I think I knew this when I was a Cub Scout, and I'm sure it was repeated in the absolutely rudimentary battlefield first aid training that all Marines get in boot camp.

Only doesn't hurt AFTER the nerves are burnt.
Like when you're at the hospital you don't feel the 3rd degree burn.
You for sure feel the whole time you're burning.
It hurts like hell you retard.

The process of getting them hurts, but there is generally little to no pain afterwards due to destroyed nerve endings.

This. However, it is useless trying to argue with the retards in this thread who think it wouldn't hurt. They are the type of faggot who thinks they are operator as fuck and could totally slap red hot iron to themselves after taking a shot from a rifle.

>How could we maximize the range of flame tanks and put them on a more modern platform today?

I wanna strap a flamethrower to WW1 bi-plane or a drone

Attached: DisasterGirl.jpg (615x461, 176K)

It's interesting to think most of the time flamethrowers kill by asphyxiation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

>carbon monoxide poisoning
lol no. that takes way too long

>it doesn't hurt

Attached: 1531695596162.png (331x132, 40K)

>filling up the cropduster with napalm.
NUT

Jesus Christ, all those dudes going straight into the battleground with soft covers.

This is the era when men were men.

>I'm a cop
Lol, faggot.

After the nerves die it doesn’t hurt- the part that hurts is the healing process.

T. Guy who watched his dad go through recovery after getting hit in the face by an arc flash while working as a lineman

I'll take the barbeque gun over a lingering death via gut/lung/dick shot

Faggot nigger get bullied

>be patriotic 17 year old Japanese kid
>must stop Americans from taking over your island and killing your family
>must do anything to stop them
>lying in wait covered in foliage
>hear what sounds like a heavy wind followed by screaming a couple hundred yards through the forest
>see smoke
>the wind is getting closer, screams are getting louder, the smoke is rising higher
>see your buddies running and falling covered in flame as their skin and fuel drips off of their skinny bodies
>LMG opens up sending rounds forward
>lie still and try to see the enemy
>see more flames
>freeze up
>never have faced such a horror
>powerless against a dragon
>flames touch your arms and pack
>it won't get off
>stand up and start screaming
>everything goes quiet
>only feel your throat screaming
>hear a wind
>feel liquid hit your back for just a split second
>

Attached: 1519780191208.png (600x624, 342K)

Its pretty rewarding
They let us spec ops guys use smaller versions mounted on the ends of our scars and acrs that really help with room clearing
Bonus cool factor for being able to cook MREs in like 2 seconds

Wait, those arent standard issue are they????
How the hell did that get approved?

>They let us spec ops guys

Suck a dick

No we can use and make our own equipment for use in the field.
Just have to be ready to ditch it so we can deny having used it
Found the liberal beta
I fight so you can continue to be a fag
You are welcome

Wow what a fag
Shut the fuck up and let him speak

You’re a funny guy

I sometimes smear poop all over myself and act out scenes from roots in my basement in the nude.

Attached: 1527685014114.png (723x567, 34K)

Can confirm.
Burnt a good portion of skin off of my right calf and it definitely was not horrifyingly painful. In fact the experience was so banal I never experienced years of intense pain after the accident or even any nightmares that caused me to wake up screaming.

Attached: 1529942325744.jpg (600x600, 62K)

Enlightenment must be a hell of a drug, then.

Are we going by that one scene from The Punisher, with the popsicle?

Is that a child?

why yes it is user, would you like a closer look?

Attached: feel10.jpg (213x255, 14K)

Nope, literally the midst common killing mechanism of ww2 flamethrowers.
Oddly enough a simular deathly form of irony came from a much more modern "flamethrower" the thermobaric Schmel rocket launcher is primarily meant to kill through blast overpressure however in practice it more often than not kills it's victims by method of fragmentation.
The household structure, furniture and skeletal/ dental remains of other fighters proved to be the main cause of death for many people targeted with this weapon in the southern caucuses.

You a fucking gook op?

Attached: 1481357921826.jpg (467x263, 47K)

>laughs in fire mage

>lying on the internet
That's a new one

He is okay?

yeah, Ping Ling is fine, he'll go back to working the rice fields in a minute or two.

No, just a typical rice fed chinaman.

>being this new

So, why all this talk of flamethrowers when the real roaster is to be stuck inside a burning tank? I would say that in number of cases that would be a more common way to die by fire in battle.

Of course you also get hot times when your city gets firebombed but nobody care about collateral damage anyway.

it only takes 7-8 seconds for the Tank to be empty, nothing is silent by that time

>flamethrowers are fucked up
thats the point. its a psychological deterrent. Being shot is scary because death and pain is scary, but theres a level of abstraction necessary to logically process that fear, and you dont necessarily see it coming. We've only been shot with anything but arrows at for a few hundred years, and only a few thousand as far as arrows go (which again are a little different since you can usually see them coming in battle).

On the other hand, humans have always feared fire. We learn as little kids, whether modern or tribal, to be careful around fire and to not get too close. Most of us burned ourselves at some point and learned quickly that fire is very very scary and painful. Its engrained in our most basic evolutionary circuitry, hell thats why orange and red (the colors of fire) are colors of warning. So tell me whats more effective at getting a hardened, dedicated, oftentime zealous to a point of near insanity soldier to flee from his ambush spot? Spraying the general direction down with high speed lead balls he cant even see, or sending massive fireballs his way that strike fear deep into his subconcious?

Flamethrowers wouldnt even be that useful of a weapon for anything outside of bunker and tunnel clearing were it not for the psychological factor of every single human having a strong drive not to want to get burned. SMGs have more capacity, range, precision, and are far more reliable and lightweight, but they don't strike fear into the enemy like the primordial horror of a firebreathing dragon.

theyre fucking sick.

People claiming it doesn’t hurt are mentally retarded. I’ve had third degree burns on my hand at it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. The healing process was a bitch and I couldn’t move my fingers without pain shooting up my arm. And yes my nerves were burnt and damaged, still hurt like a motherfucker.

Honestly I want a crop duster that drops boiling oil

>wailing
>no air in lungs because of being surrounded by flame

I don't think that people killed with flame throwers are in an unbelievable amount of pain. Depending on the accelerant it'd likely just burn off their nerve endings so they wouldn't feel anything.

I'll have you know my dad works at the Nintendo firestation

cringe

user, you have nerves all throughout your body, you can literally feel pain inside your bones.

Lost

Yeah and? If you ever research when people were burned at the stake they use to beg for people to throw things onto the fire so it burned hotter and wouldn't hurt as much, where fires that were not as hot would induce lots more pain. I don't really think the nerve endings in your bone would be a big deal unless only parts of you are getting cooked through and the bone starts to heat up and make the stuff in there start to get damaged from contact with it, short of a limb or something that'd probably shut down some vital organs or create enough smoke to kill you first.

and yes before you ask i was that weird goth kid that looked this kind of stuff up, ok

Flamethrowers are a cowardly and savage weapon, it's a not a coincidence americans were the main employers of such a disgusting tool