Should children be allowed to own firearms?

if the 2nd amendment is a right then there should be no age limit to practice fundamental right under guaranteed in Constitution.

Attached: Friendly reminder that anti-gun nuts would rather see this girl dead than holding a gun..jpg (1267x1600, 680K)

Cool story bro.

Yes. I owned a rifle and a shotgun as a boy and was taught to be safe and I plan on doing the same with my children.

Attached: 65cc5fb546152a3f88960b372ba1f1c2.jpg (500x734, 63K)

So you're saying babies should be allowed to vote?

yes

Old enough to kill a politician, old enough to choose one. Doesn’t matter in the long run, they’re all puppets.

no. kids are fucking stupid. why would you give them a gun? theyre just going to go around the neighborhood and shoot their friends or shoot themselves.

Arguably, no, as the concept of citizenship is explicitly related to adulthood in legal terms imo.

On the flip side however, I'd argue that 18 is 18 and 21 for handguns and NFA/explosives is unconstitutional. Either you're an adult citizen with full rights or you're not. None of this full legal responsibility without full legal rights horse shit

Own as in allowed to purchase? No but definitely "own" like a parent would give. Depends on the maturity of the child. We all knew where the guns where in the house, we all could get to them. My dad even said some guns where "mine" but he said no one touches them without permission, unless we need to. And we didn't touch the guns without permission.

This.

Go back to playing Minecraft summerfag.

had to double check that i wasnt on /tv/. yeah lolis should have the rights to defend themselves. im a nice guy tho so nothing to worry about.

Attached: Matt Ryan.png (350x350, 241K)

There is an age limit on all of our constitutional rights, Its called age of majority

Children can and do own guns. Legally. Just cant purchase as minors

Rights apply to all ages. 1st, 4th, 5th just as examples

Got my first gun at 4. So yes as long as the parent has supervision and control over the gun.

No

>Got my first gun at 4. So yes as long as the parent has supervision and control over the gun.

You didnt own it. your parents did.

Minors cannot legally own property in the first place, and it's a shitty idea to let them buy guns.

She's cute. Give her whatever she wants.

If you want to talk as in legally, minors cant own property. Property has a deed or title. Minors cant sign a legal document to own property and cant take ownership thru gift until 18. Minors can own chattel. Chattel is everything other than property. Minors can own guns. Gifted to them as minors is legal.
Nowhere in this thread was minors purchasing guns brought up. Stay on topic.

My 11 year old sister “owns” two. They’re under our dad’s name, but they’re in her room and she has them stored away, and has ammo in her room too. She knows not to play with them, because they’re not toys, and she knows all the rules of firearm safety and how to use her guns properly.

It’s all about how you raise your kids; if you treat them like fucking retards and teach them that guns aren’t meant to be touched EVER, then your kids will grow up without gun safety being burned into their brain. Teaching children how to safely operate a firearm from a young, impressionable age is key to ingraining safety into their minds.

As i raised my kids. Sounds like you have good parents.

White children of married, male and female parents.

there should also be no age limit to vote.

Attached: david-hogg-professional-asshat.jpg (789x460, 54K)

Attached: crew served weapons.jpg (960x734, 96K)

Some historian/psychologist correct me if I'm wrong. Weren't children at the time of the writing of the constitution consider to be "little adults" as psychological developmental stages were not recognized yet? If so, one could also argue that age limits on militia membership (17 years of age) was set for physiological maturity as opposed to psychological.

All the children would just vote for whatever their parents tell them to then.

As soon as the kid is responsible enough to have saved up the money to afford a gun on their own, I'll probably have taken them to the range enough times that they'll have learned gun safety.
"Allowed to own" and "realistically likely to acquire" are not the same thing.

Sure, Hillary. Just like all the women, right?

>Weren't children at the time of the writing of the constitution consider to be "little adults"
>age limits on militia membership (17 years of age) was set for physiological maturity as opposed to psychological
No, you braindead nigger. You had to be at least 21 to vote, which has absolutely nothing to do with physiological maturity.

Oh well, as if one could expect Jow Forums to read anything that is not 2A in the US constitution.

this

No