Alternatives to Crye Precision G3 Combat Pants?

Are there any quality alternatives to Crye Precision's G3 pants with the built in knee pads that won't break the bank? All their pants basically start at like $275 and can go up from there to like $400 which is ridiculous. I mean I'm sure they are quality but goddamn.

I mean you CAN find tactical/combat pants on Amazon with built in knee pads for like $60-$70 but they are all made by airsoft apparel companies and so I'm sure they are really shit quality.

Or, is Crye Precision's shit just REALLY worth the money?

Attached: APRCPE0232R.png (450x442, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vIoENJHddDw
cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/aprcp40228l_combat-pant-ac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Milsurp pants: $25
Knee pads: $10
Thrift store sewing machine: $20
Not being a tacticool faggot: priceless

I mean frugality is nice but that is borderline poorfag shit

>Not being a tacticool faggot: priceless
This, desu. Crye or die. Either you die a metaphysical gearfag death or you stop being poor. Buy once Crye once.

>t. Crye G3 and AC owner.

no

stop being poor

If you don't mind stitching up the crotch when it blows out after a few months of casual wear, crye pants are great.

I mean, yeah, you look like a faggot when you wear them.

And they weigh too much.

and they don't breathe well in hot weather.

and if you wear them in public they'll guarantee you get shot first if there is an active shooter situation.

BUT you get to look down on people who didn't spend a lot of money on their pants. And that obviously outweighs all the negatives.

Some blue jeans.

>and if you wear them in public they'll guarantee you get shot first if there is an active shooter situation.
>m-muh practicality
>m-muh grayman
deluded SHTF prepper detected

Blue jeans or deluth ball room/ work pants and throw on some kneepads. Quit being a queer.

Just so I'm clear, are you actually arguing AGAINST combat trousers being practical?

I'm arguing against a standard of practicality for dictating tactical gear procurement because it always turns into some faglord greyman shtf bullshit or x guy in 2004 is pictured with a tank top barebones m4 and ballcap so you don't need y. You can't a priori define what is practical for all circumstances, which ends up with the whole previous faglord greyman arguments being interjected against dudes trying to larp harder than each other as well as poorfag justification memes. Combat pants are entirely practical for what they were designed to do, they are not totally socially acceptable for reasons beyond combat pants' design or their designers' control.

Try gorka?

Why do you faggots insist on larping?

Just wear fucking jeans.

>t. poorfag and samefag

No you are just upset that multiple people (and everyone who you interact with in your day to day) think you are cringy

Attached: Capture.png (372x266, 10K)

>ad homs
>cannot defend against being a poorfag

Attached: grapes.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

stop being a consumerist fashion queen.

What's the point of stopping when I have the wherewithal to do whatever I feel like?

Alternative, buy 5.11 pants that let you put padded inserts in a pocket between the inner and outer layers of fabric for half/a third the cost. Makes shooting from a kneeling position more comfy.

Only disadvantage is the outer shell is not hard so you can't muy thai a dude/that rock you fell on.

Here you go OP.
Better and cheaper
youtu.be/vIoENJHddDw

Also, yes, Crye is worth the money.

>Needing knee pads
Jesus Jow Forums is filled with such wussy baby shit kids.

Buy a cheap foam sleeping mat from WalMart's sporting goods department and cut it up. Use that as the knee pad insert. Works fantastic and for 5 bucks you get enough foam for about 10 pairs.

Just get some Dickies OP

Or if you really need camo get surplus Army combat pants.

A pair of jeans. Grow up, gamerfag.

Just get more money so you don't have to subject yourself to normie scum suggesting bluejeans.

>I want cool guy shit without paying cool guy prices

Then buy shitty airsoft replica gear. Playing airsoft is what you're doing anyway, or worse you're an ausfag who is underage for airsoft and just plays dress up to watch airsoft videos with his buddies.

the issued army combat pants work fine. just ge tthe crye kneepads for them and the crye combat shirt

>samefag
>poorfag
I don't think you know what that term really means. The value of mobility and clothing being comfortable is prized beyond all sense. Ubiquity and utilitarian articles of gear are what make the shooter, not compensation or buying an item solely on the fact a branch of the military has a contract with that business. If you can buy it, sure go for it, but jumping to the conclusion that just because someone wants to save some money to purchase other things doesn't make them poor, just frugal.

I like ranch coats, jeans, boots and long sleeve shirts. Undercover, simplicity and being innocuous is sometimes the best choice, especially in populated rural areas or at times in city areas. Some of us don't spend money solely to run around in the gear in our homes or when out innawoods. We've got bills to pay and if something we have works or we can get something that works far cheaper than a pair of $300 pants, we will user.

Attached: lolwut.png (514x172, 6K)

I have the real ones that cost a little more than that per pair, but if you feel like putting in effort, what is suggesting would probably be actually better. I'm not familiar with them, but I'm going to assume that they are a little thicker and a little heavier.

Combat shirt is shit unless you're wearing body armor. It's way too thick to wick as well as normal underarmour style shirts. Better to have a looser fitting top.

>Ubiquity and utilitarian articles of gear are what make the shooter
Condor plate carriers are ubiquitous and utilitarian in nature but are definitively shit. Issued line unit gear is ubiquitous and utilitarian in nature and pretty shitty overall as well.

>but jumping to the conclusion that just because someone wants to save some money to purchase other things doesn't make them poor, just frugal.
The OP in question is clearly considering value, but he is able to purchase them and is looking for poorfag alternatives as a value proposition. To reply "blue jeans ya fag" is clearly indicative of poorfaggotry where other slightly less costly alternatives (but still costly to blue jeans) are not even factored into the response.

>We've got bills to pay and if something we have works or we can get something that works far cheaper than a pair of $300 pants, we will user.
Sounds like a personal problem of limited financial resources, to me. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

You are a tacticool faggot

You missed my point. A pair of pants you are comfortable with is perfectly fine is what I was getting at. Regardless if it's only $20, $50, or $300.
>Personal problems of limited finances
No man, I just don't see the point in spending $300 on a pair of pants. Multi-pocket or not it's not something I or OP really consider. Why does everyone jump to the conclusion that not spending exorbitant amounts of cash mean you are a poorfag? OP asked for QUALITY alternatives to a pair of memepants from Retaliation, not because he is poor, just to see if there are other choices. Anons offered choices and reasons and then get attacked as having a lack of funds.

It's barf.com way of thinking and it's pathetic.

>t. cryelet

The alternatives are fine if you don't need any sort of comparative quality and/or durability. Secondly, they just had a sale not long ago for crye ACs that were under 100 dollars per pair.

cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/aprcp40228l_combat-pant-ac

A thrifty and resourceful individual can even find like new pants (in addition to some aforementioned sales) that are substantially cheaper in price but have a lot of value if you want to value-fag it up. Of course you can always get "just as good" stuff and waste your money if you'd like.

Kind of have to mirror the poorfag accusations, the only people who bitch about cryes are people who cant afford them. I mean, I have massive buyers remorse for mine since I basically never wear them as I dont do that wearing tactical shit to the range bullshit, but in spite of that I still have to say definitively they are the most comfortable pants I have ever worn and wouldn't knock someone for wanting to wear them. Makes even stretch jeans feel restrictive in comparison.

I'd rather dress like a poorfag than a sucker.

I just wear Old Navy jeans when I'm at work or at the range or a class. They are /comfy/. Don't get me wrong, I'd get a pair of the G2, but I'd sooner buy a Gorka 3 Suit over it.

As a gorka and crye owner, you would be wasting your money on the gorka pants for anything but winter/pacific northwest weather.

You are right, as I'm selling my Gorka suit right now after using it a few times and deciding I like jeans more. Help me senpai.

Gorkas are oversuits. I'd rather have thermals and gorkas over thermals and jeans. Jeans are a terrible choice for anything other than temperate and mild effort activities.

I'm in Florida. It's either that or short shorts when in the everglades or reserves and it's 94 degrees with 88% humidity.

>buys a gorka
>in what amounts to a tropical/sub-tropic zone
>sells the gorka and thinks jeans/short shorts are even better ideas

Just wear cargo shorts, t-shirts, and sandals like every other damn Floridian you contrarian faglord. When you larp just wear some thin NYCO BDU/Cargo pants so you don't get lyme disease. Crye makes pants called crye field pants that can even be worn as plainclothes generic solid color cargo pants. You have literally no excuse for being this retarded.

>jeans/short shorts are better
I've worn jeans and shorts for years you faggot. I just bought into the gorka meme because playing Siege became to real. When I went back to NV my tastes changed.
>contrarian
...Jow Forums?
>No excuse being this retarded
Autism. Seriously.

I live in the Great Plains and I'll be the first to say the Gorka is butt-fucking retarded for anything resembling warm weather and humidity. Honestly I've just accepted the Gorka is a Slavic garbage bag you wear and it makes sense. Looks neat though.
I also have farted about with Crye pants but there is no way I would buy a pair of pants that run that much because my job would beat them to death in short order. Welding and machining is death to clothing so I wear stuff like those Duluth fire hose pants and the generic Wrangler ripstop pants, they work well enough, are comfortable, and when they eat a shit I'm not out a lot.

>R6 Siege gorka memes
>contrarianism is limited to Jow Forums
>no really a heavy cotton weave is really good for hot humid weather

You tried.

It's basically a cheap softshell that does quite well in my experience for cold and slightly wet weather.

Some hostility there, you must be new.

>Jow Forums a place of friendship and tolerance