Looking to buy a .30-06 for hunting, target practice, and just for the fun of it

Looking to buy a .30-06 for hunting, target practice, and just for the fun of it.

I shoot in extreme weather (100+ degrees), and relatively long distances.

Any recommendations? Remington, Marlin, what?

Attached: st_marlin_200804h.jpg (420x280, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BcOQdT2S5Tg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Was looking for myself. I was reccomended a cz and I like what ive seen of the 557. Still looking into it.

Attached: cz-usa-cz-557-sporter-manners.png (1893x1262, 443K)

I've heard the Marlin is good, but I've seen a lot of good stuff for the Remington 700 as well. I'm leaning towards the Rem.

But I want to get a Marlin 30-30 at some point as well

get an older rem 700, i have one in 30-06 the finish is their really good deep blue and i have a good browning scope on it, the farthest ive shot is about 450 yards, i smoked a yote in the face

>100+ degrees
How do you survive outside when water would be boiling?

Howa, tikka, older remington, savage 10 or 12 series, Winchester, kimber... the list of solid bolts these days are long.

Two temps scales exist, you fukken tranch. Say what you will about us Americans, at least we know both. Fukken tranch.

> using celsius for day to day
> a unit of measurement based on the freezing and boiling points of water
> one of which would kill you instantly
> and it actually drops below freezing in a lot of places so you still have to go negative most of the time anyway
> mfw.gif.exe

Attached: image.jpg (450x500, 179K)

Winchester Model 70 or Tikka.

That's 100 degrees in freedom units not that commie bullshit celsius scale.

>2018
>still recommending new remington

rustington sucks dick senpai most u.s makes except savage do, just buy a tikka

Right now, browning xbolts are the nicest affordable longer range hunting rifles.
I don't know about 30-06 but I remember tikka having all to slow twist rates

>Freedom units
Kek

How old do you mean? Like what is a good cutoff date for a rem 700?

Not him but I got one passed down from my dad. Rifle was made early 70s and it's fucking amazing.

Fit , finish, furniture and accuracy is great. Bolt is smooth as fuck.

Get a .375 Cheytac.

Sorry we use a system that landed people on the moon here

You're asking for a do-it-all rifle that encompasses both extremes of the rifle spectrum (hunting on one side and target shooting on the other)

A hunting rifle:
--Is relatively lightweight (4-9 lbs)
--Has a thinner barrel that will get hot as fuck with multiple shots
--Is typically used for shots that are at most 350 yards away
--Has a 3x9x40 or 2x12x50 or something similar scope that is lightweight as well.

Example: My Winchester model 70 extreme weather SS is chambered in 300 WSM ($1400), and has precision matched rings ($200 cdn), and is topped with a vortex razor HD lighweight hunter scope in 3-15x42 ($1200). The whole kit weights around 7-8 lbs (my guess) and is perfectly balanced.

A target rifle:
--should be heavy as fuck to reduce recoil (10-17 lbs)
--has a bull barrel that can dissipate the heat for multiple shots
--target range is typically max 1200 yards
--Has a gucci scope so you can see the nuts of a fly at the 1200 yard range.

Example: My Reminton 700 SPS tactical is chambered in .223 (factory barrel) ($900cdn), a triggertech trigger tuned to 2lbs(140cdn), has a magpul ctr buttstock (I think its a CTR? I forgot) ($60), a 6-9" harris bi-pod($130cdn), and sits in a MDT HS3 stock($500). On top I have leupold PRW2 rings in 30mm ($100 cdn) that hold a bushnell elite 6500 scope in 2.5x16x50mm glass ($1200). I figure it weights between 10-12lbs.

My target rifle can shoot all day long with long breaks before needing to cool down. My hunting rifle though, can only handle three shots before I can barely touch the barrel.

First off though, how much are you willing to spend?

Attached: rifle.jpg (1024x768, 609K)

>I shoot in extreme weather
Then you need a Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather.

But seriously, Model 70s are sweet.

Attached: wm_6854708.jpg (2592x1728, 240K)

YOU NEED A 7RM FOR LONG RANGE
youtube.com/watch?v=BcOQdT2S5Tg

attractive rifle user

Ty. I bought it of all places at Canadian Tire (NOT known for carrying model 70's).