Hey Jow Forums, I made a thread about this yesterday on Jow Forums, but no help availed. Anyway...

hey Jow Forums, I made a thread about this yesterday on Jow Forums, but no help availed. Anyway, im making a PC in an old ammo can and I was curious if you guys had any ideas what sort of decoration i should do on the blank side of the can, what does Jow Forums think?

Attached: download (1).jpg (224x224, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/k/thread/38546611/#q38546611
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Put whatever the fuck you want on there. Though it's an interesting idea at least. Maybe you could paint on your computer specs or something.

Hope you plan on cutting some holes in that bitch to give it some airflow

well of course, ive been drawing out templates for hole cutting for the last half hour.

Obviously find some military looking vent covers for the far side, dipshit

SEE SEE I TOLD YOU.
ammo cans are just as suited to building PCs as storing ammo. what a ripoff, why do you faggots fall for it.

I recommend you build your computer in a plastic bag. It works just as well. Will protect it from moisture and everything.

Some people might want to use a ammo can for aesthetic reasons. Not for shekel pinching.

I just had it and wanted these parts gone lol

Damn good idea actually

Use a 20mm can. It’ll allow for more air flow and components. As for stickers?
>explosives label
>anime tiddies

That's a neat idea.

THE RETURN OF ZIPLOC SHILL

put your specs in cyrilic stencil print

its an american can, so no

shoot it to make air vents.

unironically this.
Would be pretty cool to get some hollywood perfect holes in that thing

desu i would, but ive already installed two fans

desu*

Attached: OP's army.jpg (1400x1050, 392K)

>explosives label

Seconded. Get an "Ammunition Far Side" sticker like pic related.

Attached: Ammo far side.png (362x139, 4K)

Put some mesh over it and make the fan look like tank engine radiator fans?

Post your plans. I've never built a PC but I would be interested in doing something like this.

I'm not a hundred percent sure but I do think that sticker is too big for the can

Just look it up on jew tube, I'm doing mine backwards from the way most people do it

I've looked into doing this before OP, standard size ammo cans aren't big enough for an ITX board with a 2 slot GPU on it, you'll need to either mount the motherboard vertically (and have the slots at the top) or have part of the motherboard sticking out of the can itself.

A 20mm as said is gonna be a lot better because you'll comfortably fit the ITX board inside. You'll have way more room than you need this way. I'd prefer to do it in a standard can but it just doesn't work out that well while retaining the appearance.

Attached: 1531544999708.jpg (334x334, 16K)

I've already cut a strip out of the bottom, I've done my research.

You should unironically make it portable. Buy a small laptop and remove the screen and put the components inside.

It'll be portable with the stuff I have, and mildly powerful

I've been thinking about this!! But I can't find any mesh that would really work, any ideas?

If you can find a trashed patio table made up of metal mesh/grille for free you could cut as much as you needed out.

Unless you are thinking louvered grill. If so my first thought would be central air return covers.

Also you HAVE to have power and reset buttons have flip up safety covers.

I'd go micro atx with a portable hdmi screen. Works for car-puter setups.

good luck, i made a security box for my camera dvr out of a mortar box, was a pretty big pain in the ass making the cuts i wanted.

some decorative options
desuarchive.org/k/thread/38546611/#q38546611

These as lights/buttons

Attached: 923775410-1024x1024.jpg (1024x768, 401K)

This. Stenciled specs would be pretty neat.

Stencil the computer's specs on the can with yellow paint.

Kek, came here to post this. My first thought was that user was about to fucking melt his build because he thought "passive cooling" would work in a fucking-everything-tight box.

The term is "Molly guard", and FUCK yeah.

ive already ordered one in solid red :)

yellow or off white?

Yellow

op u better post pics when youre done

Attached: 1521058325045.png (514x662, 427K)

>5x9 inches is too big for the can
Your can isn’t big enough then. Seriously dude get a 20mm can. You can get them online for like $30. Don’t be retarded

Alternatively if you have an Asian market close. you can buy one of their steel mesh grills and use that. They're pretty cheap. If not I think home depot or something have some steel mesh as well.

Attached: Asian Grill.jpg (640x640, 91K)

I don't need a 20mm lol, they're all micro atx parts, and they will fit in the case just fine