Are AR's actually as tough as AK's. People go on about how robust the AK is...

Are AR's actually as tough as AK's. People go on about how robust the AK is, but I see no reason as to why a comparable quality AR would be any weaker

Attached: AK-47-VS-AR15-890x395_c.jpg (890x395, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soldiersystems.net/2018/07/16/general-staff-requirement-gsr-new-assault-rifle/
youtube.com/watch?v=eKvjucotuH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As far as robust goes, they are both nowhere near the awesome tenacity of your HIV-ridden anus.

You can literally bend the ARs gas tube with your bare hands. You can run an AK (according to Larry Vickers AKM video)without a dust cover or gas tube.

from a "leave it buried in the ground for 40 years then dig it up and shoot it" standpoint... no, I guess. For any other metric, yes. If you drop an AR, it will not break provided you haven't put some gay aftermarket shit on it like a poly lower. If it falls out of a moving vehicle, it will be fine. If you drop it in water, it will be fine. Funny enough, if you put the thing in mud, it will be fine. Under no circumstance in the 21st century should you consider an AK over an AR for "duty work".

Lost

those quads...
despite your good gets, that doesn't matter for shit. In what real world, non-made up circumstance would this ever matter?

Attached: woooooo.jpg (251x172, 8K)

It's close enough to make little practical difference but no, not quite as tough.

ACR is better!

Can't argue these digits. ARs are shit.

AR15s are the Corvette of the gun world.
AK47s are the Fox body mustang.
Scars are the Lamborghinis
HK'MRs are the Porsche
As you can see. Mustangs ak47 can be made to run nice and be reliable. But its still a fucking mustang. Scars are like Lambos. command all the attention. Why? Cause its nice to gawk at.

>gas piston/tube vs spring
Gee, real good comparison quads.

DI is inherently more accurate than piston guns because it doesn't have reciprocating mass attached to the barrel

AKs are """reliable""" because they have loose tolerances because commie slaves didn't care if the rifle only shot 8 moa because the russian approach to small arms was to spray as much lead as possible. Actually aiming is an American thing

ARs are better, no contest

AK's are the Honda of firearms, at least get your shit correct.
>Foreign
>Run for a long time with minimal maintenance
>Literally fucking everywhere
>Cheap to own, cheap to operate
>A lot of customization but none of it is tasteful

Quads confirm, throw away your AR's, the cancer that is /arg/ is now over!

Aluminum and plastic are weaker materials than steel and wood. As far as external forces, the AK can handle more.

10/10.

>8moa meme
AK's shoot not much worse than a off the rack m4gery with regular natoshit ammo
AK's are completely capable of engaging targets at 300 yards, and that's all a service rifle realistically needs to do

If you don't know what a tolerance is you shouldn't be commenting.

The fucking ACR?
An un proven , never fielded rifle against the two most used weapons of war the ar/m16/m4 and the ak47/74.
Get out of here with that weird weak shit novelty rifle.
Nothing about it is revolutionary enough to warrant it being its own category of rifle.

You shoot an 8 moa, not the rifle.
Ak's more the 74 can go toe to toe with a AR all day

Oh I dunno, the polymer handguard on your AR gets crushed bending the gas tube with it. Probably not a problem you have to worry about with an AK.

How would this happen? Shrapnel? Is this a common issue in shootouts?

Who runs polymer handguards on an AR these days? Or are you still comparing Vietnam era M-16s to AK-47s?

>How would this happen
amerifat sits on rifle

Right on man, you said it all

Attached: 1878294-388px_skorzenyotto.jpg (956x1239, 184K)

>Take AR
>buttstroke literally anything with it
>snap off buffer tube and receiver extension
>????
>profit

There have been limited numbers of steel, stainless steel, and even titanium lower receivers made by various companies over the years. It you are actually concerned about snapping your lower receiver use one of those.

I think the very basic AK versus the very basic AR, I give the advantage to the AR for a few reasons.

1. Lighter weight.
2. Better iron sights.

Those are the big two. Beyond that, I think the AR is slightly more accurate, though the shooter is usually the weak spot. The AR controls are easier/faster to manipulate. The "toughness" of the AR is under reported, they've been great for decades and perform well under stress tests.

So the AR I think is slightly better, but both are fine. Both are reliable. The AR might need SLIGHTLY more attention in terms of maintenance and oiling.

>Aluminum and plastic are weaker materials than steel and wood.
huh

There is no external aluminum and the only plastic is going to be on the grips you faggot

>2. Better iron sights.
You just don't know how to use 'em.

proof of it happening?

I would not consider polymer weaker than wood. The polymer used in firearms isn't the same shit that cheap toys are made out of. "Polymer" is an incredibly broad term just like "metal". The performance of various polymers is as different as the performance of different types of metals. You wouldn't make a gun out of lead and you wouldn't make a gun out of shitty polymer.

the modern ar's are probley as durable as a ak but people tell me ar's need more care put into them

The wood for an AK stock isn't just wood, either.

>There is no external aluminum
On AR15? Unless your lower and upper receivers are both steel.

AR's do need slightly more care done to them, but it's such a simple and quick process that it's really not a issue at all. That being said, I've ran my m&p15 gen1 while it was bone dry and dirty to see if I could get a malfunction and it ran just fine for the ~300 rounds I put through it before finally cleaning it

They are pretty much the same as far as practical reliability goes. The AK can handle more debris in the action but is also more likely to get shit in the action as compared to the sealed design of an AR. In any case they occupy the same role and are entirely interchangeable in any of their practical fighting applications and the only deciding factor in which one to use it ammo and spare parts availability.

They really only need to have lube sprayed onto the bolt every now and then because the shits-where-it-eats design of the AR burns off lube in no time.

Other than that I think ARs are every bit as reliable as AKs.

>cheap to own and operate
Not after Russian sanctions
>literally everywhere
See point above
>a lot of customization but none tastefull
You haven't seen Bosnian boy scout mags and bakilte then

>Not after Russian sanctions
Obviously I meant the world you fucking autist
>You haven't seen Bosnian boy scout mags and bakilte then
Of course there is good looking stuff you can do to them, but an AK looks best in its purest form.

But annon the green bakalite border guard furniture is the purist form

AK
>Commies
>Terrorists
>Niggers

AR
>Glorious Capitalism
>USA
>Europe

>Reply
>Quads of truth.
How would AR's ever recover, just bin them.

Idk about toughness, but my WASR-10 (with a MDC BD2-AK brake/compensator and ALG Defense AK Recoil Spring) is a lot more fun to shoot than my stock PSA AR15.

YMMV.

If the gas tube on an AK got crushed the bolt would be stuck forward and the gun could not cycle. If the gas tube on an AR is crushed the gun turns into a mag fed single shot rifle

i don't like ar's simply for their cancerous ass reddit tier fanboys who moan about unneeded accuracy, and like to shit on any other design

>I don't like X because of other people
you're a fucking idiot

AK
>wins wars

AR
>tactical withdrawal

>t.reddirarfanboi

they also feel like toys and have fragile ass mags

Attached: virgin ar15.png (2518x1024, 447K)

proof on the mags being fragile?

>be range help for one summer my freshmen year of college, tactical dues doing mag change drills with stanag mags, drops one hard on cement slap, floor plate pops off sending rounds everywhere

also have seen cracked p-mag feed lips before from drops

>anecdotal evidence
that's nice sweetie

I *greatly* prefer the notch and post sights on the AK to the aperture style sights of the AR. It doesn't obstruct vision anywhere near as much and I get far better accuracy. But that might be because notch and post is how I grew up, starting with bb guns, to shotguns, to most hand guns.

But back to topic, the AK shoots a far deadlier round, particularly when it starts tumbling out past 50 yards. Also AK is a far more reliable firearm.

I own both, but if shit goes down, I'm grabbing the AK. The better availability of mods and accessaries with the AR is nice though, the fact that the AR is designed to be super modular in that nearly any parts will work, is great too. But lets not pretend that stuff has any correlation to it's true purpose: being reliable and being deadly.

>using a polymer handguard
user, I...

what AK are we talking about here? Some shitty first Gen Chink AK or the milled reciever versions?

Not all AKs are created Equal

>implying the ak wasn't used to crush chinkoids during '56 by slavic aryans

standard issue for some nato countries today and what is Vietnam and the gulf war?

too bad nobody makes steel receiver ARs besides Turnbull

Literally just pull the gas tube out of the gas block in that situation

>milled reciever versions
....the stamped AKM receivers are just as good and lighter.

>MKE and CZ rifles along with Serbian and Chinese AK’s were able to get one or two rounds fired before jamming. The US weapon wouldn’t even chamber a round. The Russian Kalashnikov AK ran without issue. The SSG operators commented that when conducting operations where they know they will pass through pluff mud the only weapon they will carry is the AK.
soldiersystems.net/2018/07/16/general-staff-requirement-gsr-new-assault-rifle/

youtube.com/watch?v=eKvjucotuH4

>but I see no reason as to why a comparable quality AR would be any weaker

Its made of plastic and lighter.

All of these are actually ford mondeos
this is what vidya and shouting fudd too often has brought us to

AK's designed for war of attrition for obsolescence 40 years from now and even then might still be running but still disposable if need be. AR's designed by genius, but tainted by capitalism so you can spend more money keeping it running and adding stuff to it whether you need it or not and disposable only if you are the gov or you are willing to get less quality parts.

He doesn't have any proof because he's gay

Holy moly.

too bad ar15 mags are prohibitively expensive, right?

You can bend an AR's buffer tube really easily. In one of IV1888's torture test videos, he knocked his rifle out of action by hitting it on the table a couple times.

Meanwhile glorious stamped sheet metal rifle can be run over by a light armored vehicle

hehehe