I have literally never seen anyone "teacup" a pistol before. Is it common in the inexperienced...

I have literally never seen anyone "teacup" a pistol before. Is it common in the inexperienced? First time I held a handgun, for example, I just held with one hand and my father put my hand immediately in the correct position.
Do people get this bad posture from movies?

Attached: teacup.png (636x355, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8tneZQaIbSI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it was standard operating procedure for police back in the 70s along with chickenwings

Is that true? I believe chickenwings but I find teacup hard to believe since it does nothing for the wielder.

think revolvers instead of pistols. then imagine where your fingers end up with a modern 2 handed high as possible grip

you try to do this with a revolver you get your thumbs burnt or blown off by cylinder gap
then those people who used to use revolvers transitioned to semiautos and kept the grip

Attached: hgcombatg_100206d.jpg (420x241, 24K)

Good points. You guys called me out hard- I have never shot a revolver in my life.

Attached: single stack mags only.jpg (650x650, 141K)

chicken wing is superior for non-defensive shooting

>inb4 all the nofuns on Jow Forums who learned to shoot from video games hit me with hate and (you)s

Attached: KH6X5qO.png (700x700, 35K)

Don't you want a smaller profile regardless of what you're doing? genuinely asking

Bull fucking shit, Jeff Cooper was born 1920 and he essentially invented modern handgun shooting.

The only thing Tea-cupping is good for is training. Holding the gun with one hand and shooting with one hand helps you get good at trigger control, but holding your arm out all day can get tiring, so you teacup your arm or gun gently.

depends on what you are doing
assuming thin person chickenwing will produce the smallest profile. however it will also expose your unarmored armpit making the 30 pound vest and plates completely useless.

regarding teacupping im not claiming its was a good grip and you should do it. just that there was a reason for it. look at this the off hand is in no danger from the revolver and hey shes holding it with 2 hands which is way more stable than the 1handed grip that used to be more common.

Attached: 120412092816_marion_hammer_story_top-tfb.jpg (640x360, 40K)

>invented modern handgun shooting.
which was roughly the 70s
unless you think baby jeff was training cops the moment he was born

thanks user I understand now

that's why you hold it like this instead

Attached: revolver-grip-thumb-placement.jpg (660x495, 218K)

for fun this was the doctrine in the 60s
youtube.com/watch?v=8tneZQaIbSI
fuck the sights fire from the hip only use 1 hand
only use your sights if they are more than 10 feet away

>chickenwing will produce the smallest profile.

I think you’re confusing chickenwing with the one handed stance that was taught in the 50s/60s. Chickenwing is a rifle stance where your strong side elbow is held out horizontally instead of down in front of your chest. The closest I’ve seen to a chickenwing pistol stance is CAR.

I was watching one of those old WW2 training films and funnily enough when shooting my LCP2 getting into that weird half crouch james bond position and shooting it with one hand actually yielded the best results. I still used the sights though.

I would beat off that pic so hard if she had a pair of tits on to kill that prepubescent ambiguity thats making my dick uneasy.

Embrace the loli degenerate.

Attached: 1485489432526.jpg (1600x900, 569K)

>Bull fucking shit
This expression....

Yuck no thnx

Attached: 1520471446408~01.jpg (160x221, 9K)

Chicken wing comes from shooting traditional rifles.
It's the easiest position to hold said rifle and shoot accurately when the shooter has little to no experience.
Also it doesn't change at all when you go prone.
When pistol grip rifles made their introduction to fighting forces they still chicken winged out of habit. There was a brief gap before the introduction of mass production body armor where soldiers were still drilled to wing it.
After armor, the doctrine changed to avoid exposing side torso and armpits.
Super interesting progression if you ask me.
I fully chicken wing when I'm at the range because I'm almost never going to return fire against someone. And if I do I'm sure as shit not gonna have plates on because I don't have any.

Attached: 1529803772378.jpg (1280x853, 94K)

lol you're a pedophile, kill yourself you sick faggot.

I've heard that teacupping was also more useful with guns that had a magazine heel-release. How true is that though...

I figure teacupping is used in movies because the actors probably find it easier to hold the gun like that for an extended duration/multiple takes. When your only goal is holding it up, and not handling recoil, it's probably fine.

>Super interesting progression if you ask me.

It’s like the evolution of proper pistol stances. The one handed, side profile stance was a carryover from when duelling was a thing. You presented the smallest profile possible to reduce the chance of a hit. If you did get hit, there was a middling chance that the ball would lodge in your lung instead of continuing on to wreck your heart. Lung shots were marginally more survivable than heart shots. Doing that bladed stance now days is how you get both lungs and your heart shredded in one shot. Even without armor, a through shot of 1 lung is preferable to having your entire cardiopulmonary system destroyed.

Kind of makes you wonder what kinds of stances will evolve when energy weapons come into common use.

>Sacha Baron (((Cohen)))
>making a parody movie to demonize conservative gun owners through parody and reductio ad absurdum

He's hilarious but he is a subversive.