The next generation RAF fighter named "Tempest" has been unveiled. Or at least, a model has

The next generation RAF fighter named "Tempest" has been unveiled. Or at least, a model has.

It's basically a new F35.

Attached: IMG_20180716_121738.jpg (1024x714, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bxu6XSfxpWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't the corpse of pierre ocean sprey cranberry rolling into the shot

it's already a lemon turkey shit sandwhich that couldnt dog fight a pipe cub

The gimmick is it can run unmanned like a drone.

You figured they’d name it the Mohammed or or some allah shit

What an insightful fucking comment. Get the fuck out.

It's me or this thing is really tiny?

Don't say that about Gavin, it's not his fault he's short.

it looks kind of like the Q-313 atm

What is different from the f35? It looks tiny so is probably not armed well.

>All the memes in one pic

Attached: LwhC2d8KN4A[1].jpg (2048x1152, 195K)

>no quantum memery
>no plasma stealth
>no rofar
I mean it sounds good but the west really is falling behind in terms of buzzwords.

>any form of British force projection

t. Assblasted bongistanian

>It’s basically a new F-35
No, but you’re basically retarded

have you looked at demographics? most popular name mohammed?
that user has a point.

who will this plane fight anyway? it's fucking useless for a civil war that will engulf that smelly island by the time it's built.

this plane is stillborn.

TEAM TEMPEST!

Attached: I am awaited in valhalla.gif (650x269, 1.85M)

>kuso thread

Savage

I.. what?

Attached: 1529001602763.gif (256x192, 78K)

The hope is to see it flying by 2035.

Mud as shit and it’s delicious

>2 billion bongbux invested
>final unveiling and maiden flight broadcasted to public
>"Oh...and we forgot to mention one other feature"
>tempest rockets off at very hihg speed
>into space
>yfw

Attached: 1518042679684.png (800x800, 430K)

It's being designed specifically to complement and work alongside the F-35, rather than compete with it. The UK has no problem with F-35 succeeding, since they get a lot of industry out of it, and use it themselves. They're happy for people to buy F-35, since by the time Tempest is around the F-35s mainline of orders will already have been made.

This is more than anything the second half of the RAFs equation, like what Typhoon is right now, using the benefits they've reaped from past research and being involved with F-35.

ADVANCED FRIENDLY-FINDING TECHNOLOGY TO FURTHER RAF FRIENDLY KILL COUNT

7th gen stealth SSTO fighters when?

accept the truth, embrace the turkey lemon

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

It's like a less spergy-looking X-32, especially with the design of its wings.

What's the deal with this recycling of WWII names? Why not just use Spitfire or Hurricane then? Come up with new names.

It is a big bird. I expect the US Sixth generation fighters to be big too, especially the Air Forces as it is supposed to have a very long range to compliment the B-21.

Attached: DiOaE6_XcAAqs70.jpg_large.jpg (628x637, 46K)

Tempest best waifu

He attac
But he also protec

IMPRESSIVE

Wouldn't it be better if the Brits worked together with Germany and France?

France and Germany can probably avoid civil wars at this point, especially France, where its armed forces are pseudo-segragated.

Attached: BAEReplica.jpg (694x500, 139K)

Why?

>MOD officials along with belgian masters expressed hope that license issues would not hurt procurement.

OI you got loicensebfor dat there bird?

I like it

youtube.com/watch?v=bxu6XSfxpWo

Looks stealthier than the F-35 too.

Impressive.

Attached: Replica.jpg (550x335, 35K)

from this angle it reminds me of an avro vulcan

t. 56%

Consider that the United Queendom has a larger economy than Russia, superior engine technology and experience in developing stealth aircraft, I think it's safe to say that this program is significantly more likely to succeed than that Su-57 turd.

How to spot a stroke victim: the post

Attached: and hurry up.jpg (500x332, 58K)

You mean the Proto-western and Central Provinces of the EU?

This is going to be great. The Bongs aren't claiming this is a world beater or the best plane ever. It's a reasonable replacement to the Typhoon, uses a ton of mature tech and is aimingl modestly. Jow Forums will hate the shit out of because it's British and F35 memes. This shit is gonna keep people who don't know shit about aviation salty for years.

They are missing the crucial "force multiplier"

lets look forward to it user :)
It kind of reminds me of the Yf-23, i like it too though.

Attached: 220px-YF-23_top_view.jpg (220x175, 9K)

To be honest the f-35 would be cheaper for them, and most likely as good if not better. But good on them for doing it.

10/10 larp desu.

The model is 50% scaled? Well good - thats the right thing to do. Ideally a missile carrier that can shoot multiple full VLS size missiles and drones. They weren't being as idiotic as I feared.

Still whiter than 99% of your country

We're already getting the F35, this is designed to complement it, not replace it.

As I understand it this will be a replacement for the Typhoon in the Air Superiority/Interception/Multirole niche rather than the CAS/Bombing/Multirole niche which the F35 will be replacing the Tornado in.

At a guess this is going to be a higher speed, more maneuverable F35 with even crazier electronics and sensor fusion as it'll have been put together in the 2020s with lessons learned from the F35 rather than the 2000s with an almost blank slate.

brits are going for next gen buzzwords only, "force multiplier" is decades old now

Where's the quantum? WE NEED QUANTUM.

>s-still w-whiter than you Mohammad!!

Attached: 1522674788245.jpg (618x697, 47K)

2035 is too late for us (I'm talking about Spain), we need to replace our Hornets in 2025 at the latest. So we have only two options, the F-35 or more Typhoons.

We're buying a fuck ton of F-35s and making 15% of every F-35 in existence. The F-35 is a replacement for the Harrier and the Tornado. Strike aircraft. This is a replacement for the Typhoon; air superority, interception, etc.

Needs:
Force Multiplier
Quantum
Blockchain

As a bong it's kinda ugly.

Why do you need two platforms? Just by more Typhoons.

by = buy

Historically, in Spain, our air force has always worked with two different fighter jets, one American and the other European.

F-104 / Mirage III
Mirage III / F-4
F-4 / Mirage F1
Mirage F1 / F/A-18
F/A-18 / Typhoon

Well... by this logic... you should buy the F-35.

All modern stealth fighters are ugly; there's no way around the geometry.

Attached: F-23A computer graphic 623.jpg (623x357, 35K)

Ugly as fuk. At least Tempest is rocking the old school British Delta wing.