Military tattoos

what are some good looking tattoos I can get once im done with basic and AIT to commemorate my time in the military?
I dont have any tattoos so I want my first one to be meaningful but also not look lame or try hard

Attached: Face-Tattoo-46-650x650.jpg (650x650, 91K)

Vet here.

Don't. Everyone does that, most regret it.

If you're gonna get a tat, wait until your enlistment is up and you're sure the military is your thing.

Your question may be better suited on

>Don't.

Attached: fpbp.png (591x627, 719K)

You can't go wrong with a USMC tattoo

>good looking
> tattoos
Pick only one!
If you're gonna get a tattoo, get one of these.

Attached: 1520699005477.jpg (600x450, 21K)

>You can't go wrong with a USMC tattoo

Attached: 1521297438853.jpg (640x601, 80K)

Attached: but...gif (730x413, 11K)

I

Attached: 1531397579597.png (450x250, 43K)

get a SEAL trident, no balls!

I new a kid who was National Guard Reserve who got this HUGE forearm ink of some patriotic shit.

Then he got kicked out for smoking weed.

>inherently vain
not all tattoos by a long shot. But what OP is talking about totally is

Attached: 1529592298755.jpg (1296x976, 156K)

>being this huge of a boot

Attached: 1530033058141.jpg (335x525, 31K)

cant go wrong with the classics.

Attached: various-sailor-jerry-tattoo-designs-3.jpg (640x427, 193K)

Lemme guess. Marines.

poor life choices, the post

I'd go old school, maybe an eagle or a panther or your SSN on your forearm.

I use to date this chick who fucked her dog. She was pretty pro gun too

Word tattoos are slightly ahead of portrait tattoos as the worst tattoos to get

Attached: F91F4D1A-8A10-4C36-AD6D-6E8878A3CCF3.jpg (400x409, 38K)

Do we simply not know what 'vanity' means, or are we defending some tasteless whiskey-tango 'Rest in RIP' garbage doodle?

>Word tattoos
it's a blood group you retard. it can save your life. every other (non-medical condition) tattoo is fucking useless.

Disgusting

Don't.Tattoos are the most normie shit ever.

>I'M UNIQUE!

>MUH INDIVIDUALITY

IM WHIMSICAL AND FUN

>One guy had a tattoo of Comedy/Tragedy masks that said Black Metal on his shoulder
>The way it set make it look like the tip of a dick coming out of his t-shirt

>Another guy got an electric scorpion

>Third had a tat of a squirrel with tits on his leg reaching up for his nuts

Sorry but those all sound like really cool tattoos

Attached: 6F479046-A785-49D8-BEC1-97F731090C68.jpg (500x447, 60K)

Hot

I have a tattoo of a dick on my shoulder and the way it's set makes it look like the tip of a dick is coming out of my t-shirt

i wish her good luck for when her youth fades away.

Yeah. Another reason why you shouldnt do it. Just a permanent reminder of a big failure.

Also, if OP is going guard or reserve, he will be made fun of mercilessly by AD military for getting that tat. Fuckin weekend warriors

Except y'know if you're not a marine...

Lol, I dont. Goblina can fuckin rot.

"I joined the military and all I got out of it is this stupid tattoo"

oh lord tattoos in the Army were bad. at least when i was there.

>knew a fat fuck who got fat fucked out of the army with a "all gave some, some gave all" tat on his arm. never deployed. what a fuck.

>knew a fuck up with his nipples tattooed black, a name tag on his chest that said "asshole", and an argile sock on one of his feet/ankles. He got it because he was pissed at our commander, and wanted a way to stand out in formation, but didnt want to get in trouble. so he gets one argile sock tattooed on his leg. it goes up to mid calf. bright blue and green. he thought he would stand out like a sore thumb, and it would be an eyesore, and there would be nothing anyone could do. wrong. our commander acted like he didnt care, and made sure he got Charge of Quarters twice a month at least. MSA guard as well.

>suitemate god "press asshole here" on the front of his balls.

>another guy hated the yankees so bad, he got a tatoo on his ass, over his asshole, that said yankees so he could shit through their logo every time.

>too many bad tattoos in the Army.

Attached: mewo tactile.jpg (720x602, 31K)

Attached: 6A64B1E3-D81D-4553-82B8-B932864DD0FA.jpg (288x364, 30K)

>Third had a tat of a squirrel with tits on his leg reaching up for his nuts

thats actually fucking great

Attached: 1519250405357.gif (260x220, 786K)

No, I'm not defending those quite definitively. I said shit like OP was vain as fuck, but to call all tattoos vanity is untrue

You assume she will grow old at all.
Chicks like her tend to die in a puddle of pill vomit.

what about non military related tattoos

are there any out there that would still look cool

Attached: Gun-Tattoo-Designs-12.jpg (600x450, 50K)

Just got this bad boy, the only military I'll ever represent!
Note: the pic was taken a little later and is bloody. I'll post a pic when healing is finished

Attached: 0711182019.jpg (2560x1440, 1.09M)

What the fuck

Okay, so ignorance of the meaning of vanity is what's happening here. Thanks for clearing it up.

>Whore pride worldwide
Nazis get out reeee!

So you're stupid, we get it.

>nerd/pop culture/fandom tattoo

Never ever gonna make it

Welcome to people thinking you're some sort of strange-ass white supremacist incel for the rest of your life.
>T. dude who has admech and inquisition shoulder tats

This. Anything else is dumb

If you want to commemorate your time in service, you can just collect your deployment patches. Store them in a little decorative box with your dog tags.
If you don't deploy, you can take away whatever lessons you learned and that's it.
But don't get any ink on you from the military. Unless you become a stud and get into the green berets or something.

Lol, you're an idiot. I'm not even that user but fuck this triggered me.

>Vanity
>excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements.

Main word there is "excessive". Now we need to figure out a reasonable definition of excessive to see if your statements make sense.

>excessive
>more than is necessary, normal, or desirable; immoderate.

The "More than necessary" is the what we want to look at.

Tattoos are normal in today's society, They are not more than normal, it's harder to find someone without a tattoo than someone with a tattoo.

You're a fucking idiot, either you were shit in high school or shit in college but either way, you're a Faggot.

WAIT
I found a tatoo not created out of vanity. Guess I'm wrong haha

Attached: 69434832-5E03-44CA-9D91-C5724FD2B66F.jpg (312x162, 19K)

>this dude is bleeding out! Get me a transfusion stat!
>Naw, bro, only after you check him for a blood type tattoo
Or
>location with medical tattoo is removed by said medical emergency

You’d be better served with a sub cranial rfid with your bs medical issues

Attached: 38B4C62F-ABD5-4A82-A051-01F41E0271A3.jpg (2832x4256, 2.85M)

>Not created out of vanity
It was. It was created so that the person in fucking question would never have to lose an argument or work another day in their fucking lives.

>Tattoos are normal in today's society
If that is the standard you set for yourself I really do feel bad for you.

I absolutely fucking hate tats i think people who have them are disgusting retards who crave attention.

That said im joining the marines soon and i think if i like it i might get one of these tattooed over my heart but it wont be bigger than a hand. That is the only tattoo id ever consider getting.

Attached: 81OJEgVOYqL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 37K)

Attached: wrummwrummautomobilerennenfahrerjohan.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Oh god youre such a fucking faggot

did she let you watch?

or just, ya know, keep your first EGA as a keepsake and skip the attention prostituting whenever you go swimming.

Get a gigantic, throbbing green cock all over your back. Big and veiny with precum leaking. Underneath it, the writing should say "mean, green weenie machine" in cursive.
Or maybe a box of crayons over your heart.

I mean, they are.
I disagree with the statement that it’s harder to find someone who doesn’t have one, but to say it’s abnormal is fucking stupid

99% of military tattoos are gay as aids. 100% of military tats done within a few months of getting out if boot are gay as aids. For the love of God don't get anything unless you've accomplished something, like gotten a Ranger tab or whatever. Completing bootcamp is not accomplishing something.

Attached: IMG_20180716_100639.jpg (4000x3000, 2.11M)

Yeah i probably wont get it because im entirely against tattoos im just saying if i ever did get a tatt it would probably be that and nothing else

I'm going to get a 1 inch black bar on my left arm for my mother. She died in April.

Life just ain't the same, bros.

just cut out a hank of skin and save your money

Go for it it youre trailer trash

'normal' is about as loaded a phrase as 'vain'
yeah, they're common.

Attached: 115623.jpg (600x450, 33K)

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 16K)

I know a guy that got Sylvester and Tweety Bird on his ass, one on each cheek.
The Air Force was weird back in the late '80s.

>Being this much of a shitbag

>mfw "Jeffy got a stiffy, uh"

Attached: 1523084207497.jpg (444x500, 38K)

Oh God I remember that user, he tried justifying it soo fucking hard but was rekt.

The only time military ink was ever cool was back in the day, when the traditional flash tattoos represented things sailors had seen/done. Then everyone from hipsters to pop punk bands got them. Now military tattoos are usually just an off-the-wall EGA that 25% of boots pick off of the wall inside of an Oceanside studio, some half-assed unit insignias, etc. Only a couple of guys I knew had genuinely interesting tattoos, but most of them were just painfully cliche. Yin-yangs, tribal shit, barbed wire bands, you name it. Aside from that, most moto tats just aren't worth your pay, and they almost invariably looking like some 7.62 Design tier cheesy try hard pile of shit.

>basic and AIT
>USMC

He's Army.

This. All of it.

You really don't know how the fuck you're gonna like it in the military until you actually get there, and by that, I mean actually hit the fleet. Basic training does not count. MOS school does not count. Any other bullshit schools (like MCT) they send you to does not count. They're not representative of 90% of your time in the military. You'd be surprised at how many of the super motivated 'moto' motherfuckers you'll see throughout your time in school turn into the biggest whiniest bitchasses once they actually start working and suddenly their chow times and work hours aren't set in stone and they have to actually do shit.

But let's ignore all that for a minute and assume you actually like the military life style and want to stay in. Have you considered how getting a moto tattoo can affect your career? USMC has some of the strictest regulations on tattoos, but even going 100% by the book and getting an in-regs tattoo can fuck with your ability to apply for certain billets, commissioned officer packages, or try-outs for special forces units. Even something as fucking vanilla as a cross or 'Jesus Saves' will pretty much instantly disqualify you from apply for MSG duty cause it might offend the ragheads, and a moto tattoo (No matter what or where it is) can affect your acceptance into marine raiders, MARSOC, ect, because lo and behold if you get captured all they have to do is look at the 'USMC' you got emblazoned upon your asscheeks to know where you came from and who you work for. On the opposite side, getting a moto tattoo BEFORE you go to basic is just painting a target on your back for your DIs (And really any NCO who happens to see it) to fuck your life up.

Source: Active duty marinefag who spent 11 months in MOS school (Fuck avionics) and has seen this shit firsthand.

You're stupid as fuck.

I know her, She was a complete turbo whore who went to marriage and family.

>>TATTOOS ARE FOR PIGDISGUSTING DEGENERATES AND ANYONE WHO GETS ONE IS JUST AN ATTENTION WHORE
>>But I'd definitely get the most attention whorey tattoo imaginable

kys

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Had a guy show up to basic with several tattoos already done, generic "some gave all" type shit, even his chosen rate insignia tattooed on his dumb ass. He was out within a month. The RDC's made his life absolute hell, and he broke quick.

kek

nothing wrong with beastiality

Justin pls

so plz dont then no one cares you are a crayon eater

That's another good reason to avoid moto tats. There's no guarantee you'll even make it through a complete enlistment to justify that shit. Administrative separations happen. Medical separations happen. NJPs and piss tests happen. That motherfucker with the rate insignias stuck with that shit and is gonna have to explain to people how he was only in the navy for a fucking month for the rest of his life. Stupid fuck.

Just think, that's going to be on them for the rest of there life. Just wait till the kids see!

>might
>consider
You don't know how to read to well do you?

Nobody cares

huh.

If you have 40k tats, chances are that's exactly what you are (and that's a good thing)

This

Oh, that makes it completely different.
>>Tattoos are for attention whores
>>But I might consider getting one
>>Might consider making myself an attention whore by my own standards.
>>Ignoring bootass moto tattoo
>>Ignoring still in the fucking dep

Goddamn poolees.

Attached: DERP.jpg (800x450, 59K)

I'm Navy Aircrew and I have "So others may live" tattooed on me. Kinda regret it but I still like the creed.

Attached: 1531687911355.jpg (480x480, 38K)

If you actually think a doctor will blindly trust a tattoo when he's giving you a transfusion then you're fucking retarded.

lol except people will see you as trash

Nuh uh. I showed my new "semper fi" tattoo off at the trailer parks hot dog eating contest and everyone said it was badass and thanked me for my service (I ship for boot camp next week, so excited!)

sorry, most of those actually just sound fucking hilarious, if they're a bit self aware.

Married, have a kid, and a good stache of funs. Eat a nut queer