Jow Forums told me you guys like stories about my country...

Jow Forums told me you guys like stories about my country. I grew up in Zimbabwe and Zambia post-rhodesia but feel free to ask about it.

Attached: Rhodesian Flag and FAL.jpg (652x743, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7cue8E_rsu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will u buy me a sweet banana

dubs o troof

>listens to Jow Forums

Attached: 1531009764983m.jpg (582x1024, 92K)

>listening to that containment board of autism ever

But yes we are somewhat fond of Rhodesia.

What is your strategy for dealing with ball sweat?

>Rhodesia>Zimbabwe.

Attached: apartheid.png (1000x500, 766K)

Do you feel more like a distinct ethnicity from British or more like a forgotten subsection of being British?

What we're gun rights like in Zambia?

Are Rhodesian expats in Zambia keeping their identity alive or is it transforming into something else?

>takes two pictures from completely different locales
I love blatantly dishonest propaganda.
South Africa is a shithole, but you don't have to lie.

Losers

Any thoughts on South Africa and where it's going?

Any Rhodesian vet stories?

youtube.com/watch?v=7cue8E_rsu4

A dip in a river clears it up.
Zimbabwe was worse.
>Do you feel more like a distinct ethnicity from British or more like a forgotten subsection of being British?
I'm actually Irish, swedish, and Afrikaner - however mostly irish, picrelated. We're a very small and unknown subsection of british culture that loathes our mother country just as much as we love it.

South Africans have no idea what it's like to actually live in Africa, the whole lot living behind their seven guard towers and armed watchmen avoiding any kind of conflict with their african neighbors. We had that in Rhodesia to a point but now everyone lives out in the open, and the few whites that remain are socially integrated(though we'd never mix) with the local population, speak their languages, and really prop up the entire economy.

Attached: pol family tree.png (1600x1000, 454K)

>What we're gun rights like in Zambia?
Well regular zambians are heavily restricted on what weapons they can own, in the farmlands we have to have armed security so technically the farm business owns all of our guns, though most of them are kept in our house.
>Are Rhodesian expats in Zambia keeping their identity alive or is it transforming into something else?
Yes absolutely. I have a flag in my room here in America(I'm here for university) and my family actually flies one outside on our flagpole, ABOVE the Zambian flag. We have to take it down whenever a government rep comes by because they aren't exactly fond of the whole Zambian-Rhodesian history, especially with our air force.

>I love blatantly dishonest propaganda.
Downtown Joburg is just as bad now - they have trash crew strikes all the time. Pic related, not my pic but it was like this when I visited.

Attached: Pikitup6.jpg (600x383, 88K)

>they aren't exactly fond of the whole Zambian-Rhodesian history, especially with our air force.
LUSAKA TOWER
THIS IS GREEN LEADER

Attached: GreenLeader.jpg (570x454, 48K)

Is it true that Rhodesians never die? also do you have any Rhodesian Bush cammies you're willing to sell?

Winning no food, lmao

[spoiler]WOW Communism![/spoiler]

>Is it true that Rhodesians never die?
Yes it is true, in more ways than one. Every Rhodie expat that I know is doing extremely well in their adopted home. We're really industrious people.

And no I don't have any. My dad does but I doubt he's going to part with them.

Thanks for the answer rhodie-user.
Do ex-pat Rhodesians think of the war as a betrayal by the west or as a struggle against the inevitable?
Do you think Rhodesians outside Africa in places like the u.s., Australia, and new Zealand can withstand assimilation?

I can imagine he wouldn't. Also with all the shit going on in South Africa right now, is there any fear that it might overflow into post-Rhodesian Zimbabwe?

>Do ex-pat Rhodesians think of the war as a betrayal by the west or as a struggle against the inevitable?
A bit of both, but all of us realize that the rest of the world never had our back, and that we were on our own.
>Do you think Rhodesians outside Africa in places like the u.s., Australia, and new Zealand can withstand assimilation?
No most likely not. Most people my age of rhodesian ancestry understand that they are, but don't read into it like I do, especially since they've lived in the west all their lives. I do know to black zimbabweans at my university and they have told me that their families are extremely anti-mugabe - I mean the entire country hates him.
>I can imagine he wouldn't. Also with all the shit going on in South Africa right now, is there any fear that it might overflow into post-Rhodesian Zimbabwe?
It's possible but in my opinion South Africa is too big to fail. 5 million people is a lot - to give you an idea, only 2 million africans and arabs have entered Europe in recent years and the entire world is up in arms about it - 5 million whites being repatriated to Europe would cause a significant imbalance, and they'd need to be spread out around the world.

Why did you send mercs to the congo to kill other whites?

>Why did you send mercs to the congo to kill other whites?
During Katanga? The british government sent people there - there were Rhodesians on either side of the conflict.

>Downtown Joburg is just as bad now - they have trash crew strikes all the time. Pic related, not my pic but it was like this when I visited.
That's my point though.

With complete sincerity - have you ever considered emailing anthropologists in the university network and explaining who you are, your fear of the assimilation of your people, and the desire to create a lasting record while you still can?
I know most of them will reject you on principle but I'd think that there is at least one who consider you to be a rare opportunity. Sorry if that sounds dehumanizing.

What type of guns did you have on the farm? Are guns thought of more as a tool or as a right?

>South Africans have no idea what it's like to actually live in Africa, the whole lot living behind their seven guard towers and armed watchmen avoiding any kind of conflict with their african neighbors. We had that in Rhodesia to a point but now everyone lives out in the open, and the few whites that remain are socially integrated(though we'd never mix) with the local population, speak their languages, and really prop up the entire economy.
How much do you think that many of the problems in SA and Namibia are caused by the more or less "one country, two system" approach adopted during apartheid with whites getting a totally western education and living a nearly western lifestyle for most parts, while any nonwhite barely got the table scraps or even less if they were black?

They won one of the most corrupt governments in africa, no food, and hyper inflation lmao

I’ve got one of those 100 trillion dollar bills. They’re probably worth more as a curio than when they were actual money.

>How much do you think that many of the problems in SA and Namibia are caused by the more or less "one country, two system" approach adopted during apartheid with whites getting a totally western education and living a nearly western lifestyle for most parts, while any nonwhite barely got the table scraps or even less if they were black?
Certainly a big factor. Rhodesia, on the other hand, had the highest literacy rate in africa which put them ahead of even south africa at a whopping 97% - we had dozens of missonary schools across the countryside that schooled the blacks in the rural areas, in fact I went to such a missionary school across the border in Zambia growing up. It was publicly and privately funded and gave an education to all of the young africans in the village. While most of the children in the school never progressed past primary school, there were about 30 of us, my siblings and several africans, that were schooled all the way through a high school level at that school, with several of us(myself included) earning scholarships to travel overseas for school.

The fact that Rhodesia was more integrated was probably one of its better qualities - it really wasn't the racist shithole that everyone thinks it is.

If you had the ability to, would you stay in America after you’re done college?

Attached: whocanitbe3.jpg (680x596, 124K)

Attached: whocanitbe8.jpg (454x340, 81K)

*SHIELD, SPEAR AND KNOBKERRIE INTENSIFIES*

Attached: Photo20.jpg (699x700, 397K)

Nice filenames

>pic
I haven't seen that before, here have a Southern.

Attached: 1519417842120.jpg (590x474, 191K)

Where can I buy good rhodesian boots?

That's a good one user - saved.

Kill yourself, moshie

How the hell did a white guy survive in post-Rhodesia Rhodesia? Weren't Mugabe's tribal thugs raping and killing whites left and right after he got elected?

Hello kike.

Not the user, but post-Rhodesia Zim was actually decent for a couple of years admitted by Ian Smith. "Mugabe was no fool. He knew that he had to convince the whites to stay." said by Ian himself, Mugabe immediately reversed his promises of "kill whitey" to Peace and Reconcilliation and that only changed when his veterans started asking where their promised retirement land was.

Attached: 36919689_1857582940968520_7044244315358363648_n.jpg (599x718, 51K)

OP here - this user is correct to a point - There are still about 30,000 whites living in zimbabwe and 60,000 living across the border in Zambia, where my family relocated after land reform.

Until they came for our land, the government wasn't really a huge concern - we just farmed the land and supported the economy.

I don't see how anyone in America could support Rhodesia. Those who consider themselves pro democracy and pro power to the masses through firearms are the biggest hypocrites ever. The only real reason to support Rhodesia is purely based in racism.

Remember, report and ignore all "u is rayciss rhodesia is rayciss" posters.

Literally conflict started cause "to many black people"
>"Not racist"

I mean Rhodesia is aethetic as fuck and using right arm of the Free world to kill commies is always a plus
But it is completely ignorant to say it was not racially motivated

I like how you completely gloss over the part where I said South Africa is a total shithole so there is really no need to cherry pick completely unrelated photos to prove a point that apartheid SA was a better place, but yeah, obviously it's da juice. Fucking retard.

so when do you guys think china will own all of Africa or go on their own campaign through it?

The world isn't just good and bad, there were racist policies in place in Rhodesia but history speaks for itself. Zimbabwe, formerly Rhodesia, was an exceptionally proseperous and successful country, an environment that benefited both the blacks and whites who lived there. Writing it off as BUT DEY WAS RAY CYST completely glosses over the nuances and unique challenges that the country faced. Africa may have been a much different place if Rhodesia had never fallen.

samefag

How did they go about the subject of Rhodesia in schools?

>South Africans have no idea what it's like to actually live in Africa, the whole lot living behind their seven guard towers and armed watchmen avoiding any kind of conflict with their african neighbors. We had that in Rhodesia to a point but now everyone lives out in the open, and the few whites that remain are socially integrated(though we'd never mix) with the local population, speak their languages, and really prop up the entire economy.

i stopped believing this LARPer right here, that's only the case in metro areas and i have never lived in a gated township or had guards to protect our farm, nor have i ever had anyone threaten us or our property and we are surrounded by thousands of blacks

get your head out of your ass