Alright Jow Forums. I come in ignorance, maybe you guys can enlighten me

Alright Jow Forums. I come in ignorance, maybe you guys can enlighten me.

I just inherited some things from my grandfather, some of it being some guns, which I am regretfully pretty uninformed about

One is this pistol. Anything you guys can tell me about it? Is it worth keeping/learning to shoot?

It says Colt Mark IV/Series 70 Government Model .45 Automatic on the barrel

Attached: 20180716_154954.jpg (4032x2268, 2.53M)

It's a Colt Mark IV/Series 70 Government Model in .45 ACP.

go to Colts website, they have a serial number search, you can determine how old it is

gonna try that right now

That's a solid gun. Don't sell it

I'll buy it of you for $500

Don't ever sell it

Called Colt, looks like it was built in 1977. They'll even send me a real paper manual for free

I got mine from my Dad. It's my most prized firearm, and I look forward to passing it on to my child. Never sell it.

With that said, if it has a collet barrel nut like mine does.._.Bwawawa the first time you take it apart. It is a bitch. I completely understand why my dad only put 400 rounds threw it all those years.

Dont sell it

Holy moly. Im not a .45 fag but lucky you OP hang onto it.

>One is this pistol. Anything you guys can tell me about it? Is it worth keeping/learning to shoot?

The 1911 is a gun you've probably seen, often called "Colt 45" by a lot of people. You can read the Wiki on the 1911 as it's a great piece of history that changed how pistols were made and served as the handgun for the US military from 1911 (hence the name) to 1985 when it was replaced by the Beretta M9 (M9 being the military designation of the 92FS, with some slight variation to the modern 92FS). Modern pistols like the Glock for instance still borrow from Browning tilting action that was more or less introduced with the 1911.

Your model in particular is a solid gun, it's not rare or unique to be honest and is probably worth around $900. It's your granddad's gun though, so like everyone else says: don't sell it, don't modify it. Learn to shoot it, the 1911 is a fun gun to shoot and belongs in everyone's collection.

What other guns did you get from your granddad?

A late-70s Series 70 is actually the pistol Magnum, PI carried in the show, so you're already off to a classic start.

Attached: Magnum PI gun.jpg (612x612, 112K)

>CALLING the company
>they sending out paper manuals
sure is early 90s in here

Don't listen to these people. Its a cheap knock off. It will only really sell for about $200. Ill buy it off of you for $350 because it hold sentimental value.

The anime guy thread also started with a 1911.

Better strap in, boys.

>The anime guy
¿

Technically it's a game called Persona. Essentially a guy's grand pa died and left him an attic full of rare and expensive guns. I'll see if I still have the greentext.

Part one

Attached: inheritance 1.jpg (1169x10000, 3.1M)

I guess it was his dad.

Attached: inheritance 2.jpg (1116x10000, 1.75M)

The only thing my dad left me was cigarette burns.

Attached: inheritance 3.jpg (1226x6065, 1.13M)

Keep that forever, use it as your sidearm of choice.

Don't you ever fucking sell it or give it away, you'll regret it forever. Also tell your kids not to sell it either, keep it in you family forever.

>What other guns did you get from your granddad?

It's a lot. Haven't got to go through all of it yet, but it's probably around a dozen rifles, around 8 pistols, and a half dozen shotguns.

The only other pistol I've really got a chance to look at is a little snub nose .38 special

Hey Cheeto fingers, wipe that bad boy down and get a little oil on it.

Attached: 12D07123-E17A-45EC-A591-8129F092E1C3.jpg (1820x1386, 392K)

My grandson will make a post like this someday.

Attached: 34FD02D4-0589-4EA0-9893-7BBC5F781C74.jpg (2592x1936, 806K)

are they split between you and other relatives?
Did your grandfather serve in a war?

What are you leaving? Anything you plan on getting just to leave behind?

Nope. I'm the only grandchild, so it's all coming to me.

He has a fuck huge coin collection too, plus the guns. My grandmother thinks he might even have more in a storage unit he rented, which we haven't cleaned out yet.

And yes, he served in WWII.

Well, I’m 61 and still acquiring. Have at least 150 guns now. He won’t get anything unfired that’s for sure.

look out for pre 1974 quarters they are made of real silver (40%)

That is very cool, OP, post the other firearms.

Also, if he left any wristwatches or pocket watches, take some pictures and I might be able to help you out.