Body Armor Help

Hey Jow Forumsommandos I can't decide between a Level III and a Level IV insert for my wife (wow) and I'm confused by these Level III/IV inserts. Can somebody explain the difference and whether a Level IV is a straight upgrade from Level III or if Level III/IV plates are really better? I don't want a tripfag.

Attached: help_plz.jpg (768x800, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

att-tactical.com/att_ballistics_rifle-plates.html
bulletproofme.com/RP-Level-4-With-Vest.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Level 3a will cover pistols. Level 3 will cover pistol and intermediate cartridge non armor piercing. Level 4 will take a hit from a 3006 ap

IV is a straight upgrade. If it's a true NIJ certified plate, a level IV plate will stop M855 and .30-06 AP while level III won't. Level III will however stop M193 and all pistol threats.
For the future, ask stuff like this in a QTDDTOT or /gq/

But then what dafuq is a Level III/IV plate that tripfag keeps talking about if a IV can stop .30-06 M2AP and a III can stop assault rifle rounds?

Likely that tripfag reporting in, a Level IV is not a straight upgrade from Level III. Level III demands protection from six impacts of 7.62x51mm M80 while Level IV only requires, as a baseline, protection from .30-06 M2AP. Level IV plate also do not call for protection from M855, that's more in the realm of a Level III+ plate.

/ is used in this case instead of having to type out the same word twice.

Minor self correction. Level IV only requires protection from a single shot of .30-06 M2AP. A Level III/IV plate covers both standards.

I don't trust tripfags.

Where can I find a Level III/IV plate? I've decided I want to buy those.

Hesco 4400 plates seem to be what you're looking for. They're marketed as Level IV but there's a youtube video showing them taking multiple hits from a variety of weapons. They're as cheap as they come now too.

I had a friend who wore a Hesco plate and it broke in half when he dropped it. I don't want that crap.

AR500. I know it's a meme, but shit works.

Go with iii+ unless you expect your wife to get shot with black tip 7.62

Well I tried. There's no unicorn plate on the market that will satisfy you, tripshit recommendation or no,

What about blunt trauma? My cousin sht himsef in the plate with a 10mm Auto and he ded now.

I think he needs to rob a set of Model 4520 M993 / M995 multi-hit rated Level IV+ ceramics off a truck or something to get the protection OP needs.

Google it mate, there are a plethora of places

But they ony sell to cops and I'm not a cop I'm from Alabama.

Help plz.

May I introduce, the god plate which shouldn't be publically available but the dipshits at ATT posted anyway, the Model 4520!

Attached: STP1012.jpg (775x1015, 164K)

Get hescos.

I don't want hescos I'm from Alabama.

Get a Ceradyne .50BMG plate.

and what will this stop? and how many times is it expected to stop that? what is it's overall weight? and just for good measure, is there a website that sells it?

>Get a Ceradyne .50BMG plate.

My other cousin had one of those and he broke his back when he sht himself.

It's rated for 7.62x51mm M993 tungsten core and 5.56x45mm M995 tungsten core AP rounds, multi-hit. It is also FBI testing standard compliant so it can withstand those rounds with the muzzle held directly up to the plate. It weighs about 5.6lb for a large. Furthermore, it is also XSAPI compliant and ICW NIJ IIIA so you need soft armor of that rating to get it to reach its full rating in addition to its ability to stop whatever bullets the military XSAPI can stop, which are modern Russian APs like 7N37.

att-tactical.com/att_ballistics_rifle-plates.html

It's sold there, but not to civilians or most Law Enforcement.

The plate is made of pure Faganium. It can stop 5 gorillion rounds of .30-06 M2AP. The plate's weight is proportional to the wearer's overall gayness. The plate was developed by ATT Tactical but sold exclusively to select users of Grindr.com

bulletproofme.com/RP-Level-4-With-Vest.html

>Our plates are Multi-Hit When used with a Level III-A Vest Supporting, Level III AND Level IV

So is it possible that if someone like Mike Pence wore the plates it would end up making the impact worse?

I bought a Pineapple from there and it didn't ship. I need somewhere else.

You need to stick it in your ass first.

Welcome to ceramic plates, they shatter if dropped.

It won't fit, I'm from Alabama.

for your wife? just spray paint some Styrofoam black and tell her its bullet proof... Theres a lot more fish in the sea buddy!

Attached: gdfd.jpg (300x168, 9K)

I'm from Alabama, I ran outta fish.

Could this be a meme in the making?

daily reminder that the US military already had RMA's "patented tile array technology" in the 90s and there are good reasons we don't still use it

Attached: onetileyboi.jpg (640x378, 48K)

I've got a question. I know there are many types of armor but I want to know about soft body armor like kevlar.
If you get shot, kevlar stops the bullet depending on the caliber. That is my understanding.
You still get hit by a bullet which goes pretty fucking fast. How damaging is that?

It is rated for lvl three and lvl four hence 3/4.

Body armor is a corporatist trick. Just shoot yourself with smaller bullets to build up a resistance, just like snake venom.