What can destroy this truck?

Will this truck protect me from anything?

Attached: Screenshot_20180716-143203.jpg (753x469, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WiKbSM1FGUg
cdvs.us/product/310-diameter-156-grain-black-red-tip-api-projectiles/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dragon dildos.

Not from an anti tank rocket. I'd bet money it wouldn't stand up to a .50 bmg round

It'll shit the bed against anything stronger than 7.62x54R B-32 API. M993 / M995 will take it down town but those are hard to find. 7N37, M948, LC/70, and 7N39 will rip it apart like it's barely there.

Go home Ahmed.

So you're saying that standard rifles or carbines that can be purchased at Walmart will shred this armored truck apart given that it has the proper ammunition type eh?

Not really. Even 7.62x39 has been proven to go through its armor.

Attached: 1526677978288.jpg (960x400, 39K)

Yes.

Hahaha. Then how on Earth do money trucks ever reach their destination? This is ridiculous. Hahaha.

By the way, Brinks trucks have a "one-way" armoring, mean they can shot you from the inside like if they shooting against plaster wall, but you is like you was shooting a reinforced concrete wall.

So, even if the armoring is less resistant probably due to that, they can very easily shot you back. They are not traped inside. For that reason also, they have a semi-auto shotgun inside (Benelli M3 for my experience) in addition of there handguns.

For France however, the trucks are like this, it's mandatory schema and writted on the job contract.

Welcome to security theater. People smart enough to know how to defeat it also know that it isn't worth their effort. Bank robbing, and by extension armored car hijacking, hasn't been viable since the early 90's.

It also doesn't help that the threats needed to easily perforate the armor on these trucks are typically beyond the reach of the average street hood. When was the last time you ever saw the Crips running around with M993 Tungsten Core?

a friend worked at Brinks Chile, someone got into his house and took his wife ID. They got the truck money when they showed the ID thru the window, not a single shot was fired.

It won't protect you from the heat, faggot.

Enjoy having no AC.

Attached: smug.jpg (530x600, 149K)

Still. I don't understand what's stopping financial corporations from beefing up their trucks to the point where they're basically tanks. Why don't they do that just in case?

Crips get a lot of money from dealing drugs. They can just order these rounds off the internet can't they?

No, M993 is fucking rare. Same with M995 and B32 7.62x54R.

>Still. I don't understand what's stopping financial corporations from beefing up their trucks to the point where they're basically tanks. Why don't they do that just in case?
Being financial institutions I imagine they are well aware of a cost:benefit ratio. The trucks don't carry enough money at enough of a risk of loss to justify spending money to outfit them with tougher armor.

>Why don't they do that just in case?
Because of the theater aspect. Their money is better spent on dye packs for the cash than armor and the requisite vehicle upgrades. The armor is just to deter the unprepared and the uninformed.

>Still. I don't understand what's stopping financial corporations from beefing up their trucks to the point where they're basically tanks.
Nothing's stopping them. There's simply no reason to. Spending a hundred million dollars to prevent a half a million dollars of theft is stupid.

Due to the ATF, you pretty much have to go back-alley black-market if you want any of those rounds. I know some people have acquired M995 and M993 at gun shows and off the internet for a high price on the grey market, but true MRAP-busting unobtanium like 7N37 and 7N39 is properly almost impossible to acquire stateside.

youtube.com/watch?v=WiKbSM1FGUg

Attached: phil-knows-the-exact-moment-to-grab-a-bag-of-cash-when-no-one-is-looking.jpg (636x358, 49K)

I saw an ad for an armored car diver job recently.
pay was like $10-$13
what a fucking joke. who the fuck would do this except somerich fag that doesnt even need money but just wants to larp?

Attached: timthumb.jpg (660x371, 44K)

>Crips get a lot of money from dealing drugs.
Not really, no.

>They can just order these rounds off the internet can't they?
No.

Even if they got them, they're still a bunch of dumb niggers. You need intelligent, skilled people to run a successful armed robbery crew. Intelligent, skilled people are rarely violent criminals in a functional society, because there are myriad less risky ways to get money.

An armored car driver's job is driving an armored car, and perhaps discouraging an overly optimistic crackhead. Not much different than a security guard at a bank or a mall. The pay reflects that.

you could make more money working at mcdonalds or walmart though

No.

yes

What people are also missing although their critiques are accurate, is that the money in the truck and the truck are insured. The truck needs to be cheap enough to insure. The dye packs armed guards and police 10-15 minutes away is really all you need.

Attached: 2_feature_1600x900_mercury.jpg (1600x900, 435K)

>Will this truck protect me from anything?
Small arms fire. Explosives and Anti-Material rifles will shred it probably. It's an armored car, not an IFV.

But if all the trucks are indestructible or impenetrable, then there's no need for insurance.

Yes you can. Walmart starts at $11 hr right now. If you work in a "service" area (deli, bakery, produce) you automatically get $11.50. Within months youll be at the $12-$13 range no problem

Ex armored driver here.

The glass might protect against 5.56 rounds. Anything AP will go right through. 7.62x51 will def penetrate the sides. .30-06 will go through. The glass is rated for pistol rounds. Demolition Ranch did a video on the doors, but that door he shot was the interlock door between the driver and messenger. The outside doors might fare a bit better depending on the truck. Most of the time they were the same.

I had some pics on my old phone of the inside of these things. They have rivets EVERYWHERE and 80% of the ones i drove and jumped from had rust holes in them somewhere. A lot of the doors had to be secured with manual latches because they would fly open if you hit a bump. I once lost 4 boxes of pennies that way.

In short. It will protect you from a gang banger with a shotgun or handgun. It wont protect you from a rifle. The good news is that the vast majority of robberies that involve and armored car or an armed messenger are from internal theft. So watch your fucking partner and count your bags before you leave for the day. The second most thefts come from snatch and grabs. When a faggot runs up from behind and grabs your bag and sprints away into a crowd.

Last bit of advice, find a new fucking job if you took this job already. Its hard work for no money. Its garbage, it will only look good if you want to be a teller at a bank. Thats it, its a shit job.

Attached: 1371396707711.jpg (600x4770, 1.7M)

No. I'm just thinking of buying an armored car to drive around on poor neighborhoods and flip the bird to random shady strangers and then laugh at them when their bullets bounce off the other side of the window I currently have my buttcheeks pressed against.

So you're an autistic underage nogunz who came to Jow Forums to ask autistic questions. Got it.

Attached: 821ccba76d3fbf4ed26ecb283a26bbd764f14090_full.jpg (184x184, 4K)

New ones are well over 100k, some over 200k. Both non CDL.

Used ones will break down in said neighborhood and you'll die from exhaust inhalation.

Pay attention to how I got what I wanted anyway.

If you can find one without a rotten undercarriage for sale then sure ~$50k and it's yours.
>buddy did a stint for Brinks for a few years
>most trucks are just a bit of sheet metal covering the frame for the floor
>after 5 or so years the thin steel starts to eat through leaving holes so the guy in the back can watch the asphalt AND inhale diesel fumes at the same time

>What can destroy this truck?
Rust

Pay isn't standardized across the country, you can't just say numbers and expect them to mean anything.

Imagine how much things sucked for Wells Fargo Agents with a double barreled shotgun protecting a stage coach with a safe in it from bandits on horseback.

No, but Im just saying everyone at Walmart now makes AT LEAST $11 hr. Even the drooling maintance guy sweeping slow as hell is making $11 plus. Hell after the new loss prevention AP-09 training even the damn 90yr old door greeters are making as much, if not more than, these brinks security gaurds. Be a security gaurd and carry a gun or sit in a chair and say "hi welcome to walmart" for the same pay lol.

Walmart sucks bad, thats why they pay so much compared to their competitors. Its the only thing keeping employee retention, the fact that they pay more than other retail jobs 99% of the time.

Attached: PhotoGrid_1531780502256.jpg (2560x2560, 733K)

Im not defending Walmart, it fucking sucks. Terrible company, shitty ethics, terrible management, terrible employees, terrible customers. But when someone says you can make more than $10-$13 hr at Walmart and someone just says "No" thats simply not true.

Anyone who has been there more than 6 months is past that. We have cashiers with many years in the company making $20+. We have 18 yr old department managers who dont do shit but stock paper plates and red solo cups making like $17.50 an hour.

Its a terrible company to work for, but at least the wages beat other retail. No one WANTS to work at Walmart. The only way to encourage employement there is by aggressive competitive pay.

I have a theory that we'll see a revolution in vehicle armor even in these rust-buckets as soon as 7N37 7.62x54R becomes common enough to make it stateside. It's an absolutely brutal AP cartridge.

Im surprised it hasn't already become more popular with all these niggers running around killing each other. Investing in such bullets is almost mandatory for better safety from the bastards.

I know of only two body armor plates that can stop it. The XSAPI and the Model 4520. 7N37 can clear most MRAP armor so it may be able to use its sectional density to get through Ceradyne .50 BMG Protective aircrew plates from 1994. Either way, it's exactly what we need to handle the turtle crips running around in full-body Level IV+.

Hey, i work in security theater! I operate the “security office” and the gate at a nice upscale place. The residents love me because i actually “do my job” unlike the lazy older guards there. Wanna know what i do for 8 hours a day?

>car rolls up
>hi sir could i get your name and where were headed today
>they tell me literally anything that sounds plausible
>i pretend to check a clipboard, maybe scribble something on a notepad, and say ok thank you sir/maam have a wonderful day/safe night!
>open gate
>close gate
>rinse repeat

Its basically just watch tv and act like you have authority to people, the job. Literally anyone could get into this place and i will do fuck all nada 0 to stop them. If someone wanted to break in it’d be legitly easier for them to just pretend to be a country club member than hold me at gunpoint, because if they hold me at gunpoint they get the exact same result but now i have to file a report when they leave

>turtle crips running around in full-body Level IV+.
Is that a thing?

Theres no such thing as an indestructible vehicle. With the right planning you can stop anything. Molotovs in the winter war come to mind.

>t. Walmart worker

Who knows, I know a guy who lives near some Cartels that run exotic equipment (high-end surplus, M993 / M995 / 7N23) on a regular basis. I wouldn't be surprised if Turtle Crips are a thing in some areas. When Liquid Body Armor hits the streets, expect the Turtle Crips to hit the streets in force.

this is a troll but im compelled to point out that this post is bullshit, armor doesnt work like goretex. its sheets of steel plating

I used to work for Loomis, ama.

Trucks are only rated for pistol calibers, literally any rifle caliber will kill everyone inside. Most of the trucks on the inside are so fucking rusted through that I actually had to personally drill a board into the floor to prevent money from falling out.

Training is a fucking joke but I have previous tactical training so everything Loomis had was laughable at best. Nobody takes their job seriously and literally had drivers fall asleep while I was carrying cash into/out of buildings.

Tires mostly arent run flats.

Engines arent armored and diesel tanks are on outside of vehicle.

Shooting bays are there for show and are welded shut.

Employees are fucking lazy worthless shit bags and again, training is fucking worthless. Imagine your average fudd, and you have a Loomis/Brinks employee.

I worked there two years and had my own route. Ama.

One-way traditional armor goes against physics.

This is horse shit, shut the fuck up. One way armor? How much crack have you smoked? Our trucks were fucking steel coffins.

I'll throw my hat in the ring. Pleasure having you aboard. With Liberty Defense and other vendors of handgun ammunition now offering 9x19mm loads that can penetrate NIJ-IIIA, do you see Money Trucks becoming increasingly vulnerable in the near future as AP technology improves and their handgun-rating begins to fall further and further behind?

It was a different kind of shitty for them.

The chances of getting robbed were far less for me. But the chances of me getting killed in a car accident due to careless driving and poorly maintained vehicles was exponentially higher. Those things have so many sharp corners and edges to catch your head on. When you got back in the truck, the driver generally just took off to the next stop. So you had better braced yourself quick or slammed your ass in the seat in the back.

Well... graphene composite armor exists and that can't be destroyed at all. As technology progresses, being safe will get easier. Then again, maybe so will weaponry like lasers. Still. Graphene composite is pretty strong.

Wtf is liquid body armor?

Why haven't you replaced the shit armor on your own truck with better explosion and AP resistant armor?

Hey dude, ex GARDA employee here. What did you move on to? I mean, anything was better than breathing exhaust and farts all day.

Im almost positive that the doors were only level II. Money trucks are easily defeated by any rifle round, maybe some higher velocity pistol rounds but Im not sure. All I know is I may or may not have carried an AR behind my seat after a few close call robberies.

>Why haven't you replaced the shit armor on your own truck with better explosion and AP resistant armor?
Because armor is expensive and employees make like 13-14 an hour. Which in most states is barely above minimum wage.

How do I become a person that guards these bullet magnets?

I got into machining. Armored car services blow but carrying a gun and having some sort of shred of daily risk was the best. We had a few reeeaaally close calls, one of which I had my gun pulled at a low ready.

For every kind of armor there is a bullet (at least in theory) that can defeat it. There is no invincible armor, and there is no unstoppable bullet.

Liquid body armor is in prototype stages and currently has multiple different implementations. A lot of it consists of a non-newtonian fluid that is flexible and liquid when under normal conditions that becomes rock-hard when struck.

I don't think he can replace the entire truck's armor with M993-resistant MIL steel given budget and corporate concerns, summerboi.

i saw an armored truck driver job advertised in a local online employment ads

Have a pistol permit if you need one in your state, and apply. You’ll have to sell your soul to the devil and be ready to work 60-80hr weeks with no overtime, just straight pay, have no one have your back, and be treated like a fuckin slave. All while using your own gun, bullets, belt, boots, gear, and vest.

That's unfortunate. Between the frankly pathetic level of armor (Level II on a heavy truck, really?) and the constant complaints of rust on this thread I'm getting the impression these trucks were made by the lowest bidder. Quite some time ago, I thought they were far more durable but now they just seem like paper elephants. I wonder if information such as this will spread and some fools will begin to get more optimistic once they learn M193 can handle the armor.

I thought about buying up some depleated uranium reactive armor because I was so fuckin rich at the time..... What is wrong with you?

beyond shitty if you ask me.
put your life on the line for bajillion dollar a year rape the world banks
may as well join the militry and go die for Israel

He clearly got bored of GTA Online and decided to come knocking here.

I dont care what happens. Fuck these companies, fuck the money, and fuck their managment. They are all for show. The one man trucks that look like vans arent even armored except for the windows.

I believe the companies they used were Armored International and Griffin

>what can destroy this thing?
Unions.

>thought they were far more durable but now they just seem like paper elephants.
basic cost/benefit calculation

fuel cost of added armoring > risk of taking rifle shots.

Loomis would fire you if you even whispered that word

I have zero job so this sounds awesome

I just looked up International Armored and they offer up to NIJ Level III or EN B6 / B6+ for Cash in Transit vehicles. Six hits of 7.62x51mm M80 is not bad at all, although why they don't just offer .50 BMG (UL 752 Level 10) protection is beyond me.

armored truck fag here working for one of the big 4 companies. Our branch voted to unionize this year and upper management has been shitty themselves since

>Nukes
No
>TOW
Nope
>ATGM's
Hell no

Loomis is a terrible company

Your money is your problem, you just have to save up.

Has liquid armor proven to display more durability than carbyne or graphene?

What about bunkers, warships or submarines, they're pretty resistant to most of everything. Nuclear shelters?

Gosh darn, I didn't know those Turtle Crips were running around with TOW Missiles. Detroit got this bad man?

Are Carbyne or Graphene even in armor at this point? I don't think so. Composite Metal Foam and LBA are the way 20-30 years from now. LBA offers superior protection to existing armor all while being flexible, which is a huge bonus for armor.

minimum wage varies by state in my state walmart and mcdonalds worker make $10/hr min

Offer is different from purchase. Most of our trucks had over 250k mi and were from mid-early 90’s. Had one truck on its second engine with +400k mi on it. The speedometer didnt work, you had to put your foot to the floor and hold it there to get the truck to even move, and the dash lights were a nig rigged LED that was duct taped to the steering column.

None of them are good companies.

the TOW is an ATGM

Kill yourself before you reproduce.

Yeah sounds like they wouldn't buy even the Level III uparmor kit even if they were offered it on discount, let alone the UL 752 Level 10 protection. Go figure.

>Wtf is liquid body armor?
Plastic bags filled with corn starch and water to make a non Newtonian fluid that hardens when struck.

I had a good friend working with me who Id trust with my life any day and if we were attacked we planned to angle the truck away from the line of fire, and jump from the opposite side of the vehicle and begin fighting if there were rifles at play. Other plans were to crash into a building and take refuge until police showed up. Fuck rules, survival is key and never leave your buddies behind. Loomis’s rule was if your partner is getting robbed you are to drive off or lose your job. Fuck that.

This is the 2nd time I've seen this image in the last 3 minutes. What the fuck.

Huh. Never thought liquid armor was capable of such feats. I'm sure we'll find something better in 20-30 years. Stuff like nano-armor should be a possibility by half that time.

Not before I see you drink a Clorox cocktail nigger.

correct

I worked in a place like that, very nice upscale neighborhood bordering close to methlandia.

I was the mobile shift supe, and other than cover a gate every now and again when people were late or sick, I had an awesome job.

>get on shift, quick PMCS of vehicle and equipment
>meet with head honcho of the HOA
>drive around to the gates and make sure the guards weren't being tards
>respond to calls

But I actually had a decent amount of fun and did my job.

>would catch dogs and drive around until I found their owners
>would help wild animals they'd otherwise call the pest guy to kill
>told kids who were smoking grass or drinking to just go do it out of sight when I'd get called on them
>helped people wrangle their little dumbasses
>let people bum a ride if they were unable to traverse on foot due to condition or imbibement

But I also responded seriously and appropriately to real calls

>had a reported attempted kidnapping
>crazy ex issues
>reported break-ins
>property crimes
>domestic disputes

After a while, a decent portion of the residents knew I carried and were A-ok with it. Some others knew that the farthest I was from my firearm was the backpack in my passenger seat.

I even cleared a few houses for people because my response time was much better than the cops.

Even patched a few boo-boos.

Result? At Christmas I made fucking bank and people would bring me all kinds of good food.

cdvs.us/product/310-diameter-156-grain-black-red-tip-api-projectiles/

>cdvs.us/product/310-diameter-156-grain-black-red-tip-api-projectiles/

Ah, apologies, but I'm talking stuff beyond 7.62x54R API like 7N37, 7N39, M993, and M995. Good find however, I'll keep that as a reference if anyone wants a garden variety Level IV challenger.

My company has me run around to different condos and neighborhoods all with the most random fucking security procedures.
This is what it’s like at most places that seem very secure.

The security procedures are always written out by someone on HOA who knows dogshit about safety. Then ops at my company won’t correct them because they’d rather just have less to do than be good at their jobs.

No matter what procedure is you’ll be expected to bend over backwards and completely disregard all of it for anyone who fucked up and forgot their badge or whatever.
So even if the procedures aren’t 100% shit you'll just have to disregard them for every 5th shithead to enter the building who can’t be bothered.

was gonna post this