What's your opinion about guns as portrayed in media? Do you find yourself annoyed when things like movies, tv shows...

What's your opinion about guns as portrayed in media? Do you find yourself annoyed when things like movies, tv shows, anime, cartoons, and comics get them wrong?

Attached: 1531772835150.png (926x623, 636K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3JU4l9wBFWY
youtube.com/watch?v=Plr6vUsOMp0
youtube.com/watch?v=xHBMjUNnA98
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yep, happens a lot.
>*Brandishing and pointing a 1911*
>He doesn't have a mag in it
Mfw

Attached: 1429191223631.png (646x720, 14K)

If a movie or TV series is going to act like a character is some kind of authority on firearms then the writers should probably spend 5 minutes making sure that what the character says/does isn't hilariously wrong.

I try not to get bothered by stupid shit but when it's 99% of the frame and/or plot it kills me inside.

Attached: Antman-hammer-glock-1.jpg (960x516, 34K)

No, because it is hilarious to realize just how little the average person knows about that kind of thing.

Take your picture for example. Obviously a .50 and it seems to have about a 16 inch barrel, maybe less, and his eye seems to be nearly jammed into the optic. Not to mention that the stock is just not there.

He aint getting no black eye, he's getting his eyeball scooped out and/or skull fractures if the trigger is pullled on that abortion of a .50.

Attached: are_you_frustrated.jpg (500x375, 40K)

Annoyed, yeah. Punisher and Shooter on netflix at times made my autism flare. It was like watching Dora do something retarded as a kid and having my jimmies jostled. Haven't yet stopped watching a show or movie because of it tho. When books do it I have had to pause and just resuspend my disbelief .

Attached: 1525838678771.jpg (1200x800, 171K)

ANime annoys me period.

I can give nips a pass for not knowing anything about guns because "peasants don't get weapons" has been ingrained in them for thousands of years.

That and manga artists have to work non-stop to make next to no money, they literally don't even have time to research or fact-check anything. Not that their costumers would notice anyway.

>"IS YOUR SAFETY OFF?"
>*flicks safety off on glock*

I like Last Action Hero solely because it actively fucks with you on guns.

What are you talking about? Nips are completely autistic when it comes to the detail level on firearms.
See: Cowboy Bebop

I'm just saying the ones that get it wrong get a pass, they can't help being retarded.

And fuck you for implying that anything more than a minority of anime gets guns as right as Cowboy Bebop.

a small minority of western media gets it right like cowboy bebop. and here any dickhead that hasn’t committed a felony can get his mitts on one

>What's your opinion about guns as portrayed in media?

More often than not I am fucking pissed off.

>Far Cry 5
>It's fucking rural mountainous America
>FUCKING FULL-AUTO GUNS EVERYWHERE
>FUCKING FULL-AUTO M60'S AND M2'S EVERYWHERE

SEMI-AUTO'S. I WANT A GAME LIKE THIS THAT HAS A REALISTIC DISPOSITION OF FIREARMS TYPES. SEMI. FUCKING. AUTOS.

One would think "Just rock that F/A AR15 in semi only", except that for some fucking reason when you do that the reset rate is FUCKING ABHORRENT. It's easier to make full-semi-auto rapid fire shots with the fucking "sniper" category AR in that game.

Meanwhile the assault category has the fucking M14's that can fire semi-auto in rapid fashion all fucking day. I don't even know how many times I have magdumped .308 on a fuckin wolverine innawoods.

Attached: 27660b7f-7c67-4ba2-9275-e9ac3f6627d8.png (1280x720, 1.41M)

>Not to mention that the stock is just not there.
Its one of those bullpup Barrett rifles.

Attached: BarrettM95.jpg (2498x1557, 281K)

that's what bothered you and not the fact that Far Cry's rural Montana only seems to have 3 kinds of shotguns, two of them not even American?

hey weenie that is a bullpup Barret from the factory

That's the biggest pain in my ass, but I hear you on that.

Don't forget:
>.45-70 lever action that is weak as fuck
>Everyone has a 1911
>Grenade and rocket launchers (including a goddamn AT4)
>Even the .308 guns are pretty fuckin weak

Yeah, FC5 had terrible variety, especially when you consider how many reskins there are in game to inflate the pathetic amount of guns.
Did we really need two different kinds of M14, two different AK's, two different AR-15's, three different M133's, etc?
I know that Ubisoft is drip releasing new guns every week for their shitty ass multiplayer no one plays, but that still isn't enough incentive to get me to play again.

meme

>Punisher
I fucking hated that show, Jesus Christ. I could give it a pass for inaccuracy being capeshit and all but it wasn't even good capeshit. It just felt like it was trying too hard to be "realistic" and make Frank relatable and it just sucked out all of what made me like Punisher as a character. Fucking all comic book shows on Netflix are garbage.

I wouldn't mind if they were small mistakes but the ones that could be easily avoided by 5 minutes of research piss me off.

>all comic book shows on Netflix are garbage.
FUCK YOU DAREDEVIL IS AWESOME.

i'm more annoyed at the general depiction of combat

>nobody seeks cover or at least an advantageous position
>nobody shoots while moving or is quick on their feet, every gun is treated like a heavy and cumbersome machinegun
>firing from too close
>people high on adrenaline stopping to curl in pain mid-air instead of dropping like a sack of bricks or simply not even noticing they got shot
>magdumping when they have all the time in the world to aim shots

even the stupid hip firing from the 80s had a little more vicerality to the faux-tactical action you see on TV these days.

All that bullshit aside, I fuckin loved most of the game. The visuals are just plain amazing, and the soundtrack is superb in my opinion. youtube.com/watch?v=3JU4l9wBFWY

I had a hell of a time liberating Fall's End from John Seed. That was my far my favorite part of the three. I also liked helping the Whitetail Militia and the headfucking was pretty neat, but I didn't care for Faith or her poofy bullshit.

Attached: 30052130_10215849248361962_4822037936685592319_o.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>when people fire indoors and don’t go deaf or get blinded by muzzle flash in the dark
It’s in every piece of media too

Attached: 9FBB9E5D-D833-4DF8-8308-568B5F50870B.jpg (639x835, 114K)

Is that actually supposed to be a Glock?

Still a better show than Iron Fist by a long shot.

>shoot someone in the fucking head with .50 cal
>lol he's on drugs that make him glowy so he lived

>shoot someone in the chest and appendages several times
>they're not fazed in the slightest and their accuracy is still perfect

>hey, this is the longest range scope in the game make sure to account for the earth's curvature lol
>accuracy breaks down at about 200 yeards

>literally impossible to 1 hit kill a deer with compound bow

>shoot a badger or skunk and it doesn't just run the fuck away

and that's all I can think of off the top of my head

>shoot an animal
>they don't run the fuck away

>>shoot someone in the fucking head with .50 cal
>>lol he's on drugs that make him glowy so he lived

I usually don't run into that. The ones that piss me off are the heavy faggots with MG's and flamethrowers. I find the best tactic against them is to fucking zerg rush them with a shotgun.

Yeah, I aint gonna disagree with that, the graphics are great, and it can be super comfy when you're just wandering around the forest or mountains.

>shoot someone indoors
>not deaf from the report and possibly blinded by muzzle flash

>silencers make the gun go pewpew

>sniper puts his eye right up against the scope
>sniper rifle paints a big visible red laser on the target

>some poorfuck resistance fighter just discards his magazine after it's empty
>holding a handgun super low on the grip
>teacupping

>Wandering the mountains north of Fall's End
>Constant wolverine attacks
>Comfy

Yeah...

>Go get Cheeseburger because fuck yes battle bear
>Finish his mission
>Go wandering the woods with him
>Minding our business when
>"IT'S A FUCKING COUGAR!"
>followed by screaming and roaring

Pretty fucking awesome ambience honestly.

The seeds were great.
Once again we had to fight the good guys.

If movies and TV shows were accurate, guns would jam way more during a firefight. Also PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAGAZINE AND A CLIP

I get it, network wants to shill out a new tv show/movie to get as much of a quick buck as it possibly can, but the amount of completely glaring errors, especially from characters who are supposed to be "experts" or at least trained in firearms is just laziness. I'm not even talking about shit like guns with infinite ammo or sniper rifles with laser percision at a far distance without the proper showing of the optics, I'm talking shit like rifle scopes being right in front of the shooters eye or nonexistant trigger discipline. Also no one wears any type of hearing protection whatsoever, lotsa EEEEEEEEE's to be had if those poor suckers were real, oh wait they all have silencers which make a pindrop sound like a Youtube earrape video. Also how could I forget the constant clanging sounds whenever someone so much as takes a step. I fucking get it, the dude has a gun out, everyone saw him get the gun out, we don't need 25 different sounds at once to signal it.
The only good one was Daredevil.

>The seeds were great.
>Good guys
I refuse to ever accept that Jacob and John were "good guys". Jacob was flat out off his fucking rocker and John was like a televangelist gone extremist. Faith, as in-game finds reveal, is more or less forced into being Faith so.

Joseph.. well.. he may be fucked up but I can't argue with God.

>Only youuuu...
youtube.com/watch?v=Plr6vUsOMp0

Attached: 0c8e5c19-83cf-45cb-983e-5c93d5d5a9be.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

Yes, the actual physical prop they use doesn't have a hammer though, it's literally just for this one CG scene.

Awwww cmon you can’t stay mad at that smile

Attached: E6126A8B-B7A2-4988-944B-8C94AC5FEFAE.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Did you ever listen to his bullshit that plays at his camps? It's fucked up.

Attached: c6fd2ee1-4338-4d98-b523-c0c6b4b4d969.png (1280x720, 771K)

>disturbed army vet manipulated by his brother is fucked up
More news at 11.

Attention all Peggies, this sinna eatin’ beans in the Project

Attached: C1FEAD4B-49C7-442C-96B2-CE2681E6A185.jpg (762x571, 62K)

But they were. They wanted to save humanity and saw the writing on the wall. You don't survive a Mad Max style hellscape unless you have an army of the strongest people available.

Fuck! I have no argument.

Attached: 1401476571187.png (438x499, 13K)

Mfw
youtube.com/watch?v=xHBMjUNnA98

Attached: FC5 Wojak.jpg (1280x720, 304K)

started playin farcry 5
>nothing like blitzkrieg with a buzzsaw, mp40, and luger

Attached: 1462759556266.gif (500x375, 956K)

Hi quality Wojak for those who want it
:3

Attached: PeggyWojak.png (538x639, 100K)

Ya just gotta embrace the teachings of the Father. He only wants what's best for you.

Now, I'm gonna throw you for a loop. The culling didn't start until the you (the Deputy) show up. The Father knew you were the one who was going to be the instrument to save them all, which is why he lets you kill all the weaklings and keeps trying to convert you.

You save them by weeding out the weaklings. You were the culling. Joseph Seed was right.

Attached: 1399246550871.png (550x375, 17K)

Why is it all the non-Daredevil MCU movies feel more like DCU movies? The tone compared to the actual flicks is completely different.

>>well grats joseph you are i probably the last two dickheads in montana cuz a nuclear holocaust
hope it worked out for you

You're just jealous of us smoothskins ghoul.

>>mfw i hope the next far cry is fps survival horror
>>fighting nuclear zombies and raiding against government remnants to build your army to rule over the wastes of some fictional county or city

You and me both brother. But alas, we can't have nice things..

This is sort of a small nitpick, but was anyone else bothered by the fact that you couldn't get raised sights when equipping silencers on handguns?

Attached: FC5-Berettainox-5.jpg (1920x1080, 412K)

Budget probably. Maybe demographics. A lot of the Netflix subscribers are 50+ retirees that spent their whole life watching CSI Miami and would pass off anything that had some actual flavor as "for young people".

That would require effort and attention user