National guard

What does Jow Forums think of the national guard? Are they looked down upon as wannabe larpers by other branches or can they hold their own? Any NG anons here? are they Jow Forums?

Attached: 1200px-Seal_of_the_United_States_Army_National_Guard.svg.png (1200x1200, 290K)

>What does Jow Forums think of the national guard?
The most USELESS AND INCOMPETENT BRANCH OF MILITARY EVER!

36,000,0000+ illegals in the country and what have these shitheads done to stop them?! How many shots have they fired to defend the country?

TOTALLY USELESS! Welfare queens.

The NG and reserve units that deployed during the surge always got fucked up. Like bad. The ones I've met when I was in never really took the training serious. Not all, but most. They usually get shitted on by Active duty, but still more respected than Coasties

what do you mean "fucked up" as in they took a lot of casualties?
t. boomer

>t. boomer
go back Jose.

Bruh they've already made about 10,000 arrests since their recent deployment there. What do you want them to do? Lock arms and stretch across the entire US border? Instead of being an incel little weeb, why don't you go down to the border yourself and shoot the wetbacks trying to cross.

you talk like a boomer, so you are a boomer.

Our country now hombre. No wall in sight, no funding in sight. Just give up homie.

Yeah. I remember there were days where we had "blackouts". That was where you weren't able to get on the phone or Internet because the lines were being used to contact families of the deceased and wounded. What do people expect? How well do you expect somebody to perform in war when they barely train all year, and most only signed up to help with college. Blame the system for those losses. They were shit and clearing houses, they were shit at patrols and bunched up to close. Most weren't used to only getting an hour or two of sleep in 48 hours and were shit and keeping an eye out.

Man that sounds fucking awful, would've figured guardsmen would get a better level of training, but as far as im aware they're mostly just for homeland service, or should be rather. do you know anything about NG special forces?

They train once a month I believe, and every day for 2 weeks once a year. I don't know a lot about NG SF, I think its units are the 18th and 19th. Regardless, if they made it through and got the tab, they are badass. Not every NG dude is bad at being a soldier. I do believe an NG team won the sniper comp last year, and another NG team almost or did win the Ranger comp last year or the year before that.

They've got a very poorly defended base near my home with several vulnerable helicopters and dozens of military trucks. It would be ridiculously easy in a civil war scenario to ambush that base and take out every single one of those expensive helicopters with nothing but a handful of patriots.

Attached: 1523933717748.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

go larp somewhere else dipshit, the adults are talking
so is their sf just on the level of rangers or do they operate beyond thst scope

>t. bootlicker

Attached: Gun.Knight.Girl.full.1402075.jpg (1280x720, 305K)

To post a non-summer answer, USNG is a mixed bag that tends towards lower quality.

By virtue of not living the military life day to day, their units naturally have less interpersonal cohesion. Hip pocket training by NCOs isn’t really a thing. They tend to cram a lot of basic nessesity training into their very short and crowded weekend schedules.

Add that their funding and and logistics is inferior to active duty. Things like training aids, replacement medical supplies for IFAKs, and a lot of day to day tools simply aren’t there.

I worked with a younger USNG soldier who was at my civilian job with me, and he had many mindblowing stories. He wasn’t a bad young soldier either, he simply knew very little from bad leadership. I ended up supplying him with a loaded IFAK, NOD plate, and old helmet cover because his unit never issued any of that to him. I legitimately taught him more shooting and tactical info (or unlearned him wrong info his 40 year old E5s told him) through water cooler talks and a couple of weekends with him.

During my time on active duty I also interacted with other USNG as well as USMC reserve units, and they all had the same vibe of confusion and disorientation to them when it came to the field.

cringe

weeb, go snuggle your body pillow

christ that sounds fucking terrible, is it really that bad in the guard

I honestly do not know. I'm sure if they're SF they're on the same level as RA SF. Everybody goes through the same basic, regardless of MOS, so I assume they went through SERE training and everything else required to be SF. I never heard of any NG SF units downrange, but then again you never really hear a lot about SF activity to begin with. Could they ever be in Delta level? Probably not. But like I said, idk. I was a 19k (I drove tanks and blew up shit) so any dude with an SF tab, regular Army or NG Army, is way more badass than me. Talk to a recruiter if you really want more information. I think the MOS is 18X, SF recruit.

Things his unit we’re dealing with:
>They had, but did not mount Aimpoints on their rifles because the mounting screws “wobbled loose”. I suggested blue loctite and this lead to blank confusion.
>They has, but did not use ACOGs because the SNCOs insisted that the scopes *HAD* to be laserbore sighted to even make it possible to zero them on paper
>SNCOs said that when using Aimpoints you aim below the dot, not at the dot at 25m. Some managed explanation of ballistic arcs followed.
>They did not have NOD plates on their helmets. Rather the armorery kept a handful of NOD plate equipped helmets locked up and issued them as needed to people for night vision. Too bad if it’s the wrong size
>I asked what abot the detachable NOD straps that are supposed to come with them. Blank face response.
>They has never used or touched IR lasers
>Every soldier got essentially half of a CIF rifleman’s kit pouches. 1 canteen pouch, 1 triple mag shingle, 1 grenade pouch, etc.
>No IFAKs issued
>This unit was potentionally expected to perform missions setting up initial construction of forward outposts in combat. They were expected to be able to pull security for themselves for the portion of the perimeter-

This. Toxic leadership. I remember one time we were at NTC and this butter bar wrote up my 1stSgt for not calling everybody to attention. We were in the field in the middle of an exercise. You don't call attention. The 1LT had maybe 6 months under his belt and my 1stSausage had 12 years and 4 deployments, two with the 75th. I understand politics is a thing but there is an unspoken respect given to those that have been through the shit.

>- despite being expected to perform their own security if required, they never trained on how to do so. Troops with SAWs never learned talking guns, troops did not learn how to identify how to create any kind of defensive perimeter
>Nobody below probably E6 knew how to use a military radio
>He has no idea what radio encryption was

It goes on but you get the jist.

why hasnt anything been done about this what the fuck

Because they drill for two days out of a month. The training time simply isn’t there. And when they are present for training, most are disinterested and it ends up being a lot of admin wrangling.

Think about it- 2 days a month. Literally a week of troops sitting around between their garrison work with NCOs in active duty produces more training by virtue of NCOs just pulling out some guide book and talking stuff over.

94F in the GANG ask me anything. So far everything negative has been more or less true.

Attached: 448312BA-6FB0-4460-AFE6-8948970AC0B5.jpg (390x385, 58K)

do you hate your job

I actually really enjoy my job, sadly I hardly get to do it. Usually I’ll do it once every other month or I’m doing paperwork for it

Attached: DFA00A98-CDBD-4193-9534-5679A8D577F1.jpg (1536x2048, 669K)

Illinois NG here. We're pretty shit. Unlike the unit discussed above, we have and use all the equipment we're supposed to, with the exception of ACOG's. As far as useful tactics training goes however, we get very little. Very, very little. In combat, our unit would be about as effective as your average junior high airsoft team.

Holy shit what state? I once watched a promotion ceremony in Mississippi in which the first Sargeant had to have a pfc help him read the orders

National Guard is a cool way to serve in the military, and get treated with respect starting out rather than insane hazing. I do not like how they consider themselves to be regular army if they're ng army, same for air force. I see retired national guard air force guys wearing air force tattoos, and in reality they're not actual air force. It's a great way to say you're ex military without going into the same real military. Plus you may get to storm your own home town as an army guy.

Could you actually seriously alleviate these problems or bring them even on par with regular troops, cause I remember reading sometime ago how multiple times finnish reservists pretty much annihilated regular norwegian and us army troops in exercises?

Why is always the weebfags who have delusions of grandeur, are 5edgy10me, and make absolutely abhorrent posts?

Attached: opinion discarded.jpg (680x680, 128K)

NG SF operate around the world.
NG actually deployed more often than active duty during both invasions and unlike active duty, can and were deployed back to back to back. Like a months downtime then back overseas.
FL NG was first over the berm in Iraq

Also we won Ranger, Sniper, And tanker amog the last couple years.

Doubtful. No one cares enough to try to improve things to be honest.

I think it's partially the training issues, but really its more about 1) mindset and 2) age. Guardsmen are generally older and they have just slowed up a little bit. You can't physically hang with a 19 year old at 28, even if you max the PT test. It's hard to explain but your age really starts to tear you down in those conditions.

>NG SF are on the 'one weekend a month and two weeks a year' recruiting pitch op-tempo from the 1990s.

KYS never-served fag

This but unironically. National Guard does fuck all to actually help the country.

34th ID Red Bull reporting in. Seeing a lot of negative about NG units that personally I haven't experienced. In any branch you're going to have shit bags, it's probably just a little bit higher in the NG. However, there are also a lot of great soldiers and NCOs. Granted, Minnesota is one of, if not the best national guard states in the country.
> I was issued all of the proper gear
> Every soldiers weapon has a CCO, if not an ACOG
> We have NOD plates
> We have IFAKs
The biggest problem with NG is you only have 2-3 days every month for training. With all the BS Army admin shit, resiliency training, gear maintenance, and power points on why raping someone is bad, it doesn't leave a whole lot of time for actual job training. However, my section is pretty good at squeezing in equipment training/familiarization and hip pocket training whenever we can. Some of our monthly drills, and our annual training is done at CRTC, and when we're there, we do get great training in.

Attached: redbull.png (1200x1380, 52K)

>so is their sf just on the level of rangers or do they operate beyond thst scope
Are you retarded or something? The mission set of the 75th is completely different than that of SF.

And on that note, the fucking Rangers are JSOCs primary pipe hitters; SF aside from CIF companies don’t even fucking compare.

NG SF Groups are 19th and 20th Group. They have a weird training schedule that is really up to the detachment commander and the ODA leadership, and usually do at least two weeks a quarter.

Take a picture of your arm. Let me see that tanned shitskin color you wetback.

Been thinking of joining but I can't do normal fucking work anymore.
When a kid shit on the floor when the toilet is 2 feet away in a bathroom and a spic gets mad and leaves a bad review of you at work cuz you called them out cuz they spit on the floor is too much.
Cant do normie jobs.
Idk why I think joining NG would do me any good when I wouldnt make as much money or get as good training.

Attached: IMG_20180709_180137.jpg (1442x1080, 353K)

You won't be able to support yourself on just NG drill pay.

I know been thinking of maybe marines or airforce because what I understand NG gets like 2k max for active a month.

I remember walking up to a NG E-6 as an E-4 debloused in a hangar. I stood at parade rest, said sgt, and asked for his first name so I could add it to a flight plan. He got nervous, called me sir and kept apologizing. It was unerving to see an NCO act that way and made me nervous.

Disregarding all the training and experience they are still certainly a different type of soldier.

Attached: FB_IMG_1511079856295.jpg (719x720, 35K)

Is it true that some NG/Reserves still use M16a2??

2 whole days a month? That's 2 more days of training a month than I ever got on active duty.

Heh. Those blackouts were not because the 'lines were busy'. They happened because Div Hq wanted to make the first calls and do what publicity damage control they could first.

Finland has conscription, so those reservists all got at least 6 months of full time service, which makes a hell of a difference.

I was in one of those 'annihilated' Norwegian units during an exercise. Basically we had a camp full of trucks and cannons and men and a couple of exercise officers came over and told us we had been blown away by a long distance rocket battery. I guess that was realistic enough, if you discount the pricetag of the rockets and the pricetag of our little camp.

Also the US and UK forces tend to have an amazing enterpretation of engagement rules during NATO exercises. Open field lined by Norwegian HMGs? No problem, the US guys just fixes bayonets and wades through the snow and simulated fire and places their bayonets in the faces of the Norwegians. US wins again!

Single UK medium tank decides to block a narrow bridge. Somehow fails to accept every exercise officer's message that they have been shot at by about 100 tanks and cannons from less than 300 feet. UK holds the bridge, UK wins!

This shit actually happens. What's that, US and UK military reports don't go into that level of detail? How strange. But US and UK wins! Surely!

fuggin’ owned :-DDD

Definitely. Except, how many Taliban and ISIS company sized camps were taken out by a full cohort of Tomahawks?

You should be proud of your service. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. They've either never served, or they're ignorant.

It's always unit by unit. There are good units and bad units. If you're in school and want to serve, it's a good option. If you already have a full time job/career and want to serve, it's an option. Just be aware that you'll be working 12 days in a row because of your drill weekends.

Lots of NG guys here, so maybe you know this. How has NG recruitment been affected after NG units started to get actually deployed?

Oh, and how many NG have been sent to the Border of Mexico yet and how many more are being readied for it?

Being furriner so news coverage of US stuff is limited.

>National Guard does fuck all to actually help the country.
Just like the rest of the military.

>after NG units started to get actually deployed?
Do you mean combat troops since the Persian Gulf?

How much of an improvement do you actually get by training people 6 months or even more, instead of just sending them to BCT and AIT or OSUT?

Attached: Finnish_conscript_training.png (1050x528, 68K)

NG was also deployed in WW1, WW2, and I think Korea. Before 1903 the entire military was essentially composed of a small officer and NCO corps and the rest was federalized militias (Rough Rider's are a perfect example of this).

Yeah, modern era was what I had in mind. Or at least far enough back that people who signed up for NG were pretty sure they were getting a free education in exchange for some weekend larping.

Sounds like kids arguing whether they shot you or not.

They have more combat arms units than the regular army. Also you don't become a military retard by never having to be a civilian. You can have a family/normal life and not get moved around.

Well, it is. And on one level it makes sense; the exercise is there partly to foster individual initiative and encourage a winning spirit. And I have no doubt that US and UK officers will cheerfully cheat just as much when they are doing their national exercises. However I do wonder how this attitude helps those units to learn to cope with bad situations that they can't cheat their way out of.

>not just taking over the base and stripping it of anything of value

Attached: P. G. T. Beauregard Fort Sumter.jpg (720x714, 105K)

I'm thinking of doing medical in national guard as a 19 year old am I retarded?

Not without spending more time training them which kinda undermines the point of them being reservists.

Do they have gaz mask like in the zombie movies?